Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: New 3 series

New 3 series

http://soulution-audio.com/series3/

Interesting that the integrated has a pre out. Wonder how will that work.
    Also, I'm curious about the specs of the separates.

Anyone had the chance to hear these in Munich?

Thanks,
    António
    System: Magico S1 MkII, DCS Puccini Player & Clock, Aurender N100C, SME Mod 15, SME IV, Lyra Etna, Nagra VPS
    Headfi: Violectric HPA V281, Sony Z1R, Kimber Axios Cu
    Cables: Transparent Premium USB, Gen5 Reference 75 Ohm, Ultra interconnects, phono and speaker cables
    Power: Shunyata EU7, Alpha NR, Furutech Powerflux-18E
    Accessories: Finite Elemente 600 APS, several Cerabases, Ceraballs and Cerapucs

Re: New 3 series

Quote Originally Posted by pessoa00 View Post
    http://soulution-audio.com/series3/ Interesting that the integrated has a pre out. Wonder how will that work.
    This is what soulution has to say about the pre out of the soulution 530 Integrated:

Pre-Out
    The soulution 530 integrated amplifier is equipped with pre-out connections which enable subwoofers, tape recorders or other amplifiers to be driven directly by the 530’s preamplifier section, by-passing the power amplifier section.

I owned the 530 about three years ago and used the pre out for my reel to reel. The 530 integrated was my "gateway drug" to the soulution separates.
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

I got to hear the 3 series integrated and preamp/amp combo today. This is the first time I've been able to hear the Soulution gear outside of an audio show. Even though the pieces were cold (right out of the shipping boxes) the sound was very impressive. Low end weight and control, and very well balanced mid's and high's. After an hour of warm up, I didn't want to leave the shop. I'm hoping to arrange for a home visit before they have to get shipped off to their next destination.
    Main System:
    Speakers: Magico S3 MK1 | Amp: Boulder 1160 | Pre-Amp: Ref10 | Digital: DCS Vivaldi 3/4 stack & esoteric K07x | Phono-Pre: ARC Ref 2se | Phono: AMG Viella w\ 12JT & Benz LPS cart.

Living Room:
    Speakers: KEF LS50 | Amp: Primaluna Prologue Premium | Digital: Lumin D2

What speakers were they driving?
    did they give you a shipping estimate? I got tired of waiting for my order on these and am now demoing a Diablo 300 and will also try a T+A 3100 later in the month. I would love to give these a try before making a decision
    System: Magico S1 MkII, DCS Puccini Player & Clock, Aurender N100C, SME Mod 15, SME IV, Lyra Etna, Nagra VPS
    Headfi: Violectric HPA V281, Sony Z1R, Kimber Axios Cu
    Cables: Transparent Premium USB, Gen5 Reference 75 Ohm, Ultra interconnects, phono and speaker cables
    Power: Shunyata EU7, Alpha NR, Furutech Powerflux-18E
    Accessories: Finite Elemente 600 APS, several Cerabases, Ceraballs and Cerapucs

What speakers were they driving?
    did they give you a shipping estimate? I got tired of waiting for my order on these and am now demoing a Diablo 300 and will also try a T+A 3100 later in the month. I would love to give these a try before making a decision
    The integrated was setup with Wilson Sabrina's and a Aurender A10. The Preamp/Amp was setup with Wilson Sasha 2's and a dCS Vivaldi One.

I didn't inquire about release dates / availability, but will ask next time I visit the store or at Axpona.
    Main System:
    Speakers: Magico S3 MK1 | Amp: Boulder 1160 | Pre-Amp: Ref10 | Digital: DCS Vivaldi 3/4 stack & esoteric K07x | Phono-Pre: ARC Ref 2se | Phono: AMG Viella w\ 12JT & Benz LPS cart.

Living Room:

Pessoa, Please post your thoughts after you demo the amps you're considering. Thanks!
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

I was able to bing the 3 series Amp & Preamp home this past weekend to try some A vs B listening on my system: Pass XA100.5's / XP20. Only digital was used for the A/B

My initial thoughts compared to the Pass setup, the 3-series brings a level of "Clarity" to the music. Bass is tighter and still deep and Mid's & Highs are less warm, but not overly analytical. I noted a change in "speed" as well in the way the music is presented. I have the setup for another day and hope to get some additional listening done tonight.

Based on the initial listening, Soulution is on my radar for my S3's and future looking towards M3's.
    Main System:

Living Room:

Audioshark

I have a pair of Soulution 511 monos for sale here:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/li...ks-solid-state
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I have a pair of Soulution 511 monos for sale here:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/li...ks-solid-state
    I need to book a trip to visit . Being able to hear the Soulution and Gryphon combo's would be ideal, unfortunately work travel is a bit full till end of May.
    Main System:

Living Room:

Just reading the title without looking at what forum it is posted in, I thought it referred to BMWs.
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI Clearaudio Innovation Wood/Kuzma 4Point/Ortofon A95> ASR Basis Exclusive HV---->

Digital: Antipodes CX (Oladra Upgrade)> Cary DMS-600 DAC/Streamer---->
    ...........Cary 306 SACD Professional Disc Player---->

===> Cary SLP-05 (Ultimate Upgrade edition)----> Clayton M-300----> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES/REL 212SX x2

[Synergistic Research/Nordost/Wireworld/Furutech/SRA/Adona/Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS View Post
    I was able to bing the 3 series Amp & Preamp home this past weekend to try some A vs B listening on my system: Pass XA100.5's / XP20. Only digital was used for the A/B

My initial thoughts compared to the Pass setup, the 3-series brings a level of "Clarity" to the music. Bass is tighter and still deep and Mid's & Highs are less warm, but not overly analytical. I noted a change in "speed" as well in the way the music is presented. I have the setup for another day and hope to get some additional listening done tonight.

Based on the initial listening, Soulution is on my radar for my S3's and future looking towards M3's.
    Soulution and Magico are a great pairing. The best Magico I have heard to date.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Interesting Jim,

We were just discussing this last weekend and most felt Soulution and Magico to be the worst pairing ever ! funny , this Audio thing ...

Regards ..

http://soulution-audio.com/series3/

Interesting that the integrated has a pre out. Wonder how will that work.
    Also, I'm curious about the specs of the separates.

Anyone had the chance to hear these in Munich?

Thanks,
    António
    Pre out /Amp In , were always common on integrateds , is this now unusual ....?

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Interesting Jim,

We were just discussing this last weekend and most felt Soulution and Magico to be the worst pairing ever ! funny , this Audio thing ...

Regards ..
    Its what makes the hobby fun . Having heard the Q3, S3, M3, and A3 I wouldn't pair solution with the Q3 or A3 myself as I think the Mid/High's would be too much on the analytical side for me.
    Main System:

Living Room:

Its what makes the hobby fun . Having heard the Q3, S3, M3, and A3 I wouldn't pair solution with the Q3 or A3 myself as I think the Mid/High's would be too much on the analytical side for me.
    I listened to the 330 through the S3 MK II. They were good- bass, mid and highs. I guess the concern is pairing it with a more demanding speaker with non linear characteristics which limits choices.

What are the best sounding speakers for the Soulution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Turntable: VPI Prime - Ortofon Quintet S Black - VPI ADS
    Digital Source: dCS Bartok w/headphone amp
    Preamp: Soulution 520
    Amplifier: Soulution 511
    Speakers: Rockport Atria II
    Power conditioning- Shunyata Research Denali 6000T v1
    Power cord: AQ Thunder/Transparent Audio XL Gen 6
    Interconnect: Transparent Audio Super Gen 5 XLR and tonearm cable / Transparent Audio Gen 6
    Rack: Critical Mass Sotto Voce/ Critical Mass Black Platinum/MXR spike

I got to hear the 3 series integrated and preamp/amp combo today. This is the first time I've been able to hear the Soulution gear outside of an audio show. Even though the pieces were cold (right out of the shipping boxes) the sound was very impressive. Low end weight and control, and very well balanced mid's and high's. After an hour of warm up, I didn't want to leave the shop. I'm hoping to arrange for a home visit before they have to get shipped off to their next destination.
    Hey Jimmy

My exact thoughts on the 330. I thought they were very balanced in presentation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Turntable: VPI Prime - Ortofon Quintet S Black - VPI ADS
    Digital Source: dCS Bartok w/headphone amp
    Preamp: Soulution 520
    Amplifier: Soulution 511
    Speakers: Rockport Atria II
    Power conditioning- Shunyata Research Denali 6000T v1
    Power cord: AQ Thunder/Transparent Audio XL Gen 6
    Interconnect: Transparent Audio Super Gen 5 XLR and tonearm cable / Transparent Audio Gen 6
    Rack: Critical Mass Sotto Voce/ Critical Mass Black Platinum/MXR spike

I use mine mine the Swiss Stenheim Alumine 2/3
    Simply glorious

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

New 3 series