Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Munich Hi-End Official Photos

But the guy on the right looks bored as hell. They need to go to that avant garde room

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Bobvin View Post
    But the guy on the right looks bored as hell. They need to go to that avant garde room
    Ha! Also, I've noticed women and children too. I can tell you this much, if there was this many beautiful women at RMAF or Axpona, the show would stop - literally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Never mind that, behave yourself! LOL
    Jeff

Main System-Mola Mola Tambaqui-Antipodes K50-WW Plat 8 ic-Esoteric Grandioso S1 Esoteric C-02x Verity Amadis S-Shunyata Triton V3-Shunyata Typhon QRT
    Shunyata AlphaNR V2 for Tambaqui-Elrod Statement Gold for S1, Elrod gold SCs Shunyata Sigma for Triton. Tubulus Concentus I2S.
    Second System: URC streamer-Wadia 151 Power Dac, MIT Speaker Cables, Wilson Audio Watts and REL sub.
    Third System: Denon AVR, URC Controller and network streamer, Netstreams Musica multi room-True Audio ceiling speakers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I can tell you this much, if there was this many beautiful women at RMAF or Axpona, the show would stop - literally.
    I need proof in pictures or it didn't happen!

D'Agostino Progression Preamp

Audioshark

Dan's new Integrated is real cute!

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Notice anything?

The speaker on the left seems to have a black backing around the tweeter while the right speaker looks to be gold.

Mike,
    Thanks for the great coverage, pics, and vids. I have to ask a question that I probably already know the answer to....

Did anyone play any challenging music or was it all vocals and or piano and acoustic guitar? It boggles my mind to have so much invested and only demo music that sounds pretty good on most systems.

The big western electrics playing choir music did sound like a cathedral, even thru an iphone tho
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    The speaker on the left seems to have a black backing around the tweeter while the right speaker looks to be gold.

Mike,
    Thanks for the great coverage, pics, and vids. I have to ask a question that I probably already know the answer to....

Did anyone play any challenging music or was it all vocals and or piano and acoustic guitar? It boggles my mind to have so much invested and only demo music that sounds pretty good on most systems.

The big western electrics playing choir music did sound like a cathedral, even thru an iphone tho
    By challenging music do you mean Mahler? Techo?

Did anyone else go to the Baach SP demo next to the Dynaudio Business Lounge?
    Dr Edward's demo was nothing short of mind blowing!

Daniel Weiss also has an interesting demo but is still in the prototype stage.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    D'Agostino Progression Preamp

It's not a preamp, I was told it was an integrated. 100 watts/channel. Could have been incorrect info though.

The Baach SP demo ... the 3D Sound stage has to be experienced to be believed. The base option without DAC is $18,500 so not exactly a bargain. He says he's sold 27 units so far.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joeinid; May 19, 2017 at 02:25 PM.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

By challenging music do you mean Mahler? Techo?
    Some kind of Rock, Jazz, Fusion with some electric instruments and more than just a few. Lets leave out Orchestral music since they do have several instruments playing at the same time.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

One of the best rooms for me was the Absolare room.
    Played big and large on a large variety of music.

2 Channel Stereo :

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Some kind of Rock, Jazz, Fusion with some electric instruments and more than just a few. Lets leave out Orchestral music since they do have several instruments playing at the same time.
    Yes. Louis of Kronos had Hendrix cranking. Otherwise, this is Germany. Germany = the home of classical music.

Thanks for the great coverage Mike! It's like being there for those of us who can't make the long haul flight .

The VAC room was very nice playing Sinatra.
    Such a huge system. Just crystal clear.
    Needs revisiting when they play some other genres

2 Channel Stereo :

The Marten room actually had real music playing.
    Harry Belafonte while I was there.

Last edited by joeinid; May 19, 2017 at 02:24 PM.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    One of the best rooms for me was the Absolare room.
    Played big and large on a large variety of music.
    That room looks very well setup...some uber gear helps too .

Pure Audio Project is shoe horned into a corner of Hall 1.
    But fans of open baffle speakers should consider them.

Last edited by joeinid; May 19, 2017 at 02:36 PM.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Nikhil

If you get chance see if you can get a listen to the new Spatial X-1 open baffle speaker.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Nikhil

If you get chance see if you can get a listen to the new Spatial X-1 open baffle speaker.
    I think Spatial was a passive display as most were in Hall 1-4.
    Will take second look if I get the chance.
    2 Channel Stereo :

You may be right but seems a strange method for a "World Premier." The US premier is at the LA show with Vinnie Rossi.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Really like the Engstrom amps.
    Sounded very good with Marten speakers in both rooms.

Last edited by joeinid; May 19, 2017 at 05:47 PM.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    Good to see a Memphis, Tennessee company showing their speakers in Munich. The EgglestonWorks Andra Viginti is gorgeous.
    Dan,

I can confirm that the Eggleston room was "cookin" while I was there this afternoon. Does not look American. Would not have placed them as a Memphis company.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Dan,

I can confirm that the Eggleston room was "cookin" while I was there this afternoon.
    Egg-leston and bacon?

Gryphon Audio - just awesome to see in the flesh

Those speakers look like they have been made from dragon hide.

And the electronics by giant Norsemen
    (which is a true statement when you see Fleming up close)

Last edited by joeinid; May 19, 2017 at 05:47 PM.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Ha! Also, I've noticed women and children too. I can tell you this much, if there was this many beautiful women at RMAF or Axpona, the show would stop - literally.
    I noticed the same thing in Berlin last year

I'm a big Germany fan!
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Ha, great coverage, Mike! The videos are a good idea, though you gotta be careful with Youtube as they like to just dump videos if they have copyrighted music on them...

I'll beg to differ on one thing: the music selection is mostly lame, simple vocal stuff with 1 instrument, or simple classical. Nothing ever challenging or bass heavy. It's either that, or pure audiophile drivel, like a drum solo (that was fun for 2 seconds on the MBL room)

Since there's too much to see, I give it 2 songs in each room. If they don't improve, I move on. And most of the time, I end up moving on, and the songs keep on sucking. There's a whole lot of german pop being played too, which is not really good for evaluating audio

Audioshark

Day Two Photos Here: http://imgur.com/a/v0gWi

Super Moderator

Well done Mike!

These came out great.

Day Two Photos Here: http://imgur.com/a/v0gWi
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

The Baach SP demo ... the 3D Sound stage has to be experienced to be believed. The base option without DAC is $18,500 so not exactly a bargain. He says he's sold 27 units so far.
    WOW are those speakers close together AND toed in aggressively. Care to elaborate on this room? Just looks like a bad setup to me. The Sopras work so well pointed almost directly forward so this is new to me.

Day Two Photos Here:
    Just want to thank you for these posts. So so appreciated.

Mike - many thanks for all the pictures and videos, it gives us a good insight into the show, especially those of us who can't make it. Greatly appreciated. Hope you're having a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Contuzzi View Post
    WOW are those speakers close together AND toed in aggressively. Care to elaborate on this room? Just looks like a bad setup to me. The Sopras work so well pointed almost directly forward so this is new to me.
    The speaker position is irrelevant when using the Baach system. You could pretty much place the speakers anywhere.

The setup involves system calibration of your exact head and ear position. Once setup the 3D imaging is holograph like "walk thru" sound stage.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Any info on Ayre 8 series?

Audioshark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkkHEzJZX3M

Audioshark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EckczU2RNrM

Audioshark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awr4XsHqZWg

Audioshark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MObPsbyWOKg

Audioshark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd67pfQtuC8

Audioshark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oevLJNRoeTE

Gryphon Kodo private listening session.

Mike,

How did the Gryphon KODO sound? How would you describe it?

Thanks!

Audioshark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2CoiYpRNIs

Mike, the coverage is awesome! Thanks for doing this.

Audioshark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4n2odRcYMQ

Audioshark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqy5Oogf6gk

Audioshark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfm249onN-I

Audioshark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV0iV22fDq0

Audioshark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIpfFX4gQxI

Audioshark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1aL130s9hA

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Munich Hi-End Official Photos