Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Accuphase A-250 mono blocks announced!

I noticed Accuphase have published info on their Japanese website about new A-250 class A mono blocks! Here are the base specs from their website...

"With the ultimate low noise, the best SN ratio of 127 dB has been achieved, pursuing delicate reproducibility of music freed from noise. The outstanding output of pure Class A 100 W / 8 Ω achieved with the ultimate configuration that operates the non-contact output circuit equipped with "semiconductor (MOSFET) switch" and the power unit of "pure Class A operation" arranged on the left and right side in parallel Damping Factor Acquiring new dimension expression power with strong driving force exceeding 1,000. The A-250 has a dignified style, and it marks a new history as the highest peak of a power amplifier."

• Pure class A operation, 100 W / 8 Ω high quality power
    • Two fully identical power amplifier units are driven in parallel
    • Output stage is a "power MOSFET" 20 parallel push-pull configuration, linear high power is realized to ultra-low impedance of 1 Ω
    • Input unit introduces double configuration instrumentation amplifier system
    • "Double MCS + circuit" and "current feedback amplifier circuit" are installed in the amplifier
    • Bridge connection using two A-250s can further increase output
    • Strong power supply unit with high efficiency large toroidal transformer and large capacity filter capacitor

I wasn’t able to translate the PDF, but from the base specs the A-250 mono’s appear to have a slightly better S/N ratio. Other than that, there doesn’t appear to be any major changes. The two models even look identical, other than the model name on the face plate. My guess is they have slightly refined the circuit design & improved some parts, resulting in a very slight improvement in S/N.

Some would say that Accuphase rest of their laurels too much. OTOH, I like that Accuphase haven’t screwed up a good thing. If it aint broke? Anyhow, the changes should be clearer once Accuphase add the PDF to their English website .

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Melbguy1; May 15, 2017 at 10:38 AM. Reason: added link

Super Moderator

Re: Accuphase A-250 mono blocks announced!

Wow, I never saw this coming. Very nice.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post

Wow, I never saw this coming. Very nice.
    Yeah neither did I...I thought the A-200 mono's were a one off, but it appears Accuphase changed their mind after the success of that model.

S/N ratio of 127 dB? Very impressive.
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

$15,000 in Japan. $85,000 in the U.S. LOL!
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Super Moderator

Something is wrong here

Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Super Moderator

If Accuphase prices were similar to their overseas equivalents, I would have a full Accuphase in a heartbeat. Based on the sound and performance of my A36 30wpc amp, I would absolutely love a full Accuphase setup but there's just no way with those costs, sadly.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

NAD C 658 streamer.

My pricing comment was for comedic value. There is some truth to it though.
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Super Moderator

A tragic comedy?

My pricing comment was for comedic value. There is some truth to it though.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Pair is $59k in the US, $22.5k in Japan.

The pricing around the world makes me believe that Accuphase doesn't really want to sell much outside their domestic market.

You feel like Accuphase is making you a favour for selling its products to you, but only if you're willing to pay a substantial premium over what the Japanese are paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatta View Post

The pricing around the world makes me believe that Accuphase doesn't really want to sell much outside their domestic market.

You feel like Accuphase is making you a favour for selling its products to you, but only if you're willing to pay a substantial premium over what the Japanese are paying.
    In the EU the price is roughy the same as in the US. IMO Accuphase gear still represents good value for money compared to other European and US hi-end offerings (most of the time surpasing them in built quality).

In Japan the value of Accuphase gear is simply extraordinary. I'm actually surprised US and European companies can sell anything in Japan, when they have to compete with Accuphase gear.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Quote Originally Posted by Anatta View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    In the EU the price is roughy the same as in the US. IMO Accuphase gear still represents good value for money compared to other European and US hi-end offerings (most of the time surpasing them in built quality).

In Japan the value of Accuphase gear is simply extraordinary. I'm actually surprised US and European companies can sell anything in Japan, when they have to compete with Accuphase gear.

So why not spoil your compatriots.
    My point is...! Is it as good as D'Ag, Soul.., Pass, Vitu.., Dart... & quite a few many more. Around the world, you will pay the piper. In their own country, as Plinius has done, you will pay a discount for fellow countrymen..

Quote Originally Posted by Melbguy1 View Post
    Yeah neither did I...I thought the A-200 mono's were a one off, but it appears Accuphase changed their mind after the success of that model.
    There have been A-100 monos before the A-200.
    Adam

For the Accuphase A200, price in France is 50 000 EUROS....perhaps US$ 50 000 ...
    Don't know the price for A250 in France.
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+Magnepan 3.7i+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

Something is wrong here
    You are sure ?

http://www.stereosound.co.jp/new-pro.../13/57548.html

¥2,500,000(税別)

so US$ 24 000...

19 000 Euros...

For one....
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+Magnepan 3.7i+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

Super Moderator

I’d absolutely love to have a full Accuphase system but USA pricing is a little crazy.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I’d absolutely love to have a full Accuphase system but USA pricing is a little crazy.

Do you have a link, please ?

Thanks

Super Moderator

Unfortunately I don’t. I remember from a dealer quoting me prices, I nearly fainted

I think several years ago the A200 mono blocks were $70K us if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong View Post
    Do you have a link, please ?

Thanks

NAD C 658 streamer.

Yes, it must be tough for them when they are literally 2x their competition
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Price in France for Accuphase A-46 is 10500 euros new, but there is a promotion and we can find it at 5600 Euros new.

Yes, it's crazy for this brand....Why it's very too high ? Why ?

Price in USA : US$ 17 500

The A-47 is $17,500, not A-46.
    Maybe the A-47 is the reason the A-46 is being sold for that much.

Redundant post, deleted.

Someone has heard Accuphase A200 ? I have a Jeff Rowland Model 625 and and I have a great opportunity to buy Accuphase A200. Thank you very much.

Someone has heard Accuphase A200 ? I have a Jeff Rowland Model 625 and and I have a great opportunity to buy Accuphase A200. Thank you very much.
    Contact forum member sly30 on WBF. He had both.
    Adam

thanks but what is this forum : WBF ?

thanks but what is this forum : WBF ?
    That would be What's Best Forum.

I had the A200 for 2 years. They put out a ton of heat. If your room is smallish or doesn't have an AC, I would advice against purchasing them.

Hello, thank you for your advice. My room is 6 meter x 6 meter and the height is 2.5 meter.
    So 236 inch x 236 inch x 98 inch or near 20 feets x 20 feets x 8 feets. How do you mesure the room in USA ? in feet or inch ? Thanks.

What's about the sound of Accuphase A200, please ?
    And I suppose you have sold them ? What do you have choose to replace them ? Thanks

Super Moderator

Usually we use room measurement in feet. That’s a nice size room. I don’t believe you will have any heat issues but let’s see what others say.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thank you !!! Very much...

yes, I wait to have advice...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
    I had the A200 for 2 years. They put out a ton of heat. If your room is smallish or doesn't have an AC, I would advice against purchasing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    That would be What's Best Forum.
    What do you choose now ?

Hello, thank you for your advice. My room is 6 meter x 6 meter and the height is 2.5 meter.
    So 236 inch x 236 inch x 98 inch or near 20 feets x 20 feets x 8 feets. How do you mesure the room in USA ? in feet or inch ? Thanks.

What's about the sound of Accuphase A200, please ?
    And I suppose you have sold them ? What do you have choose to replace them ? Thanks
    Your room size should be fine. My room is only 4m by 4m.

I'm using Nagra Classic mono now. They sound more refined, alive, and detailed. I hear more imperfections in my digital files. If the files were sourced from analog, I hear more clicks and pops. Not sure if it's a good thing though. Overall, the Nagra's are some sweet sounding amps. No fatigue whatsoever. I was very surprised because they are only about 1/2 the size and put out almost no heat.

The Accuphase is very pretty to look at for sure. If it weren't for the room issue, I could happily live with them. But, the Nagra is better sounding, also more expensive.

Hi TommyC,

Thank you very much.
    I don't know the price in USA, but in France, we must pay NAGRA VPA 26 000 Euros. I don't the price for NAGRA HD AMP(mono only).
    Accuphase A-200 cost here 47000 Euros, but in promotion at 26000 euros now....And I must listen KR Audio VA680 too, but no sell in France.

I have the a200s in a room smaller than yours and the heat is not an issue (and I live in Atlanta). They do put out heat though, but in a room that size, you should be fine. The sound is, well, superb ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Amplification: DartZeel 468 (2) // DartZeel NHB18NS Mk. II
    Tuner: MagnumDynalab 108T/SE
    Table/Cart: J.Sikora Reference // Integrity HiFi Tru-Glider - DSAudio GrandMaster EX // Integrity HiFI Tru-Glider - Ortofon A Mono
    Equalizer/Phono Pre: DSAudio Master3
    Speakers: TAD R-1 MkII, REL Six Pack of REL Carbon Specials
    Power: Nordost QBase8 Mk3, QX4, Qkore1, 3 and 6 (chassis), QK1 (2), QV2 (2), Chord GroundAray (signal), Chord Line Aray (3), Chord Professional, AddPOWR EAU2 (2)
    DAC/Serv-stream: LampiZator Horizon/ Taiko Extreme
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond SE Speaker Cables
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond PCs (7), Evolution Acoustics 50 ohm (Zeel Connection), Nordost Odin2 IC (2), Nordost Valhalla II USB, CH Acoustic X20 IC, Final Touch Audio Elara PCs (6)
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM
    CMS Ultra 2.0 Footers TT (2) and TD (2), Revopods (2) and SortKones and EVPs where they work
    Critical Mass Systems Ultra-Q Rack > Silence Focus Amp Stands

I don't know if A-200 is better than my Jeff Rowland model 625 ?

I haven’t heard the Rowland.

Amplification: DartZeel 468 (2) // DartZeel NHB18NS Mk. II
    Tuner: MagnumDynalab 108T/SE
    Table/Cart: J.Sikora Reference // Integrity HiFi Tru-Glider - DSAudio GrandMaster EX // Integrity HiFI Tru-Glider - Ortofon A Mono
    Equalizer/Phono Pre: DSAudio Master3
    Speakers: TAD R-1 MkII, REL Six Pack of REL Carbon Specials
    Power: Nordost QBase8 Mk3, QX4, Qkore1, 3 and 6 (chassis), QK1 (2), QV2 (2), Chord GroundAray (signal), Chord Line Aray (3), Chord Professional, AddPOWR EAU2 (2)
    DAC/Serv-stream: LampiZator Horizon/ Taiko Extreme
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond SE Speaker Cables
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond PCs (7), Evolution Acoustics 50 ohm (Zeel Connection), Nordost Odin2 IC (2), Nordost Valhalla II USB, CH Acoustic X20 IC, Final Touch Audio Elara PCs (6)
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM
    CMS Ultra 2.0 Footers TT (2) and TD (2), Revopods (2) and SortKones and EVPs where they work
    Critical Mass Systems Ultra-Q Rack > Silence Focus Amp Stands

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hounddog View Post
    I have the a200s in a room smaller than yours and the heat is not an issue (and I live in Atlanta). They do put out heat though, but in a room that size, you should be fine. The sound is, well, superb ....

Superb like ?

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Accuphase A-250 mono blocks announced!