Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

My Sonus Faber Stradivari - Curiosity got the better of me!

I think it's been a year, maybe a little more since I bought my JBL 4367. I truly love them. I have not gone back to my Strads since getting them, until tonight .

I need a little more time to acclimate and get used to what I am hearing but, HOLY CR@P how I've missed these babies. OMG! These were my absolute first true love destination speakers and, wait for it .... they still are.

I think I have two (make that four ) of the best speakers known to man, if I say so myself. Sure there's more out there to listen to and maybe lust over but, no need. I'm as happy as a clam. Life is even better now. I know what I have and realize how good I have it.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Re: My Sonus Faber Stradivari - Curiosity got the better of me!

Joe.......No doubt about it. The Sonus faber Stradivari are fabulous speakers. So musical, and that includes all genres. They do it all so nice. Good thing you held onto them.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Super Moderator

Thank you Dan, I agree. Anshul implored me to not do anything rash as well. I'm glad I finally hooked them back up.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Hi Joe,

The Stradivari are world-class speakers for certain. You are a lucky man to own both them and speakers with visceral impact like the JBL 4367.

Enjoy,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Super Moderator

Thank you Ken. I am lucky indeed. Ayre complements them perfectly. It's a great combination.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I'm glad you "rediscovered" your Strads, Joe! They are indeed incredible speakers! Absolute musicality with zero fatigue.

Super Moderator

Thank you. I'm happy too, sometimes we learn a little too late. Not this time. To replace them with anything "better" will be cost prohibitive and besides, there's mostly different at this level. Better is only a matter of taste. Yours and my own taste, and that's what makes this crazy hobby, err obsession go round. Sometimes what we are looking for is right in front of us. All it takes is to open our eyes and ears to realize it.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe,
    I am really happy for you. These speakers will age like a fine wine. I predict you will never get tired of them. It is just a shame that Franco Serblin is no longer in our midst.
    Anshul

Super Moderator

May he rest in peace. Thank you very much. Deep down, I knew it, but sometimes I put blinders on. It's like coming back home to a familiar friend. I like what they do.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe,
    It is only after talking to you that I decided to buy a pair of Strads ---I certainly hope to keep them forever.
    Anshul

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    May he rest in peace. Thank you very much. Deep down, I knew it, but sometimes I put blinders on. It's like coming back home to a familiar friend. I like what they do.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

My Strads are not going anywhere. I literally fell in love with them 6 or 7 years ago at least, maybe more. I'll have to see if I can trace back to the year. I knew then that I had to have them. Now, after a long absence, coming back to them is a joy. They may not have the latest "technology" but damn, they are oh so musical. And that's precisely why I fell hard for them.

Quote Originally Posted by apdoc2004 View Post
    Joe,
    It is only after talking to you that I decided to buy a pair of Strads ---I certainly hope to keep them forever.
    Anshul

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe, your next investment should be a Harman speaker shuffler

Can't decide?
    Listen to the speakers you want at the touch of a button!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator

Hahahahahaha, I love that. I have an amplifier Lazy Susan, now that would be a perfect match.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    Joe, your next investment should be a Harman speaker shuffler

That's a rare photo. That pic mysteriously disappeared from the web after being posted in one or two threads about the demise of classic Infinity speakers by yours truly. Those are the Revel Ultima Gems being voiced with Infinity IRS Omega speakers, circa 1997. That is a pathetic photo actually...kind of like arriving home to find your house ransacked & the engine removed from your car .

That said, congrats Joe on your Stradivari Homage speakers...great loudspeakers & very easy on the eye! In many ways the Strads are quite similar to Magico S5 Mk2 incl: driver compliment, specs and even list price. Though their sound signatures of course are quite different. Now that would be a fun a-b comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by Melbguy1 View Post
    That said, congrats Joe on your Stradivari Homage speakers...great loudspeakers & very easy on the eye! In many ways the Strads are quite similar to Magico S5 Mk2 incl: driver compliment, specs and even list price. Though their sound signatures of course are quite different. Now that would be a fun a-b comparison!
    Always comes down to Magico, eh?
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Joe, I agree, the Strads are forever speakers.
    Paul

Main Stereo System:

Harbeth 40.3 HD, Jay's CDT3 MK3, Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC, Aurender N20, Luxman M900 & C900 , (2) JL f113, Shunyata Denali 6000v2 Power Conditioner, Altaira, AZ Cables, Stillpoints & Symposium shelves under everything.

Theater System:
    JVC RS400 projector, 130" Stewart screen, Oppo 105D, Audio Physic Classic speakers, REL 3D subs, MC8207 MX136, Synergistic Research Powercell, AZ interconnects, speaker cables and PC's.

Super Moderator

Thank you so much.

...edit ...

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

We "music" lovers have to stick together. Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by PMCH View Post
    Joe, I agree, the Strads are forever speakers.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I'm sure your new Bryston monoblocks will make them SING My Sonus Faber Stradivari - Curiosity got the better of me! My Sonus Faber Stradivari - Curiosity got the better of me!My Sonus Faber Stradivari - Curiosity got the better of me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speakers - Magico S5mk2 Integrated - Vitus SIA-025 Analog - Vpi Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Digital - Lumin A1
    Power - Shunyata Denali 6000S/Alpha HC/Alpha Digital Cables - Kimber KS-6063/Nordost Frey IC

Super Moderator

I already know the Ayre combo is divine, I do wonder how Bryston would compare

Quote Originally Posted by bthomas9 View Post
    I'm sure your new Bryston monoblocks will make them SING My Sonus Faber Stradivari - Curiosity got the better of me! My Sonus Faber Stradivari - Curiosity got the better of me!My Sonus Faber Stradivari - Curiosity got the better of me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Always comes down to Magico, eh?
    Nice try, but in not biting.

Even if he is right?
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Even if he is right?
    Really? Who made you the forum spokesman? Tell you what. Why don't you post a poll with that question and see how many votes you get?

Well I guess you did bite. Predictable at least.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Well I guess you did bite. Predictable at least.
    Well I guess you did troll me. Predictable as always..

No, I just agreed with Keith and you followed along and engaged me. Doesn't matter what the topic of the thread is you always end up in the same place. I thought we were on your ignore list anyway.

Super Moderator

My friend Bruce and I listened to original S5mk1's and S1mk1's. They were paired with Viva of all brands and I have to say that it was pretty amazing. So much so I almost pulled the trigger a few times. But, in the end we thought that our choices of amplifiers was a bit limited with Magico. They need, in my opinion, amps with a little extra sweetness and fullness to compensate for their sound signature. I feel that my Strads are more forgiving and more amp friendly.

NAD C 658 streamer.

My friend Bruce and I listened to original S5mk1's and S1mk1's. They were paired with Viva of all brands and I have to say that it was pretty amazing. So much so I almost pulled the trigger a few times. But, in the end we thought that our choices of amplifiers was a bit limited with Magico. They need, in my opinion, amps with a little extra sweetness and fullness to compensate for their sound signature. I feel that my Strads are more forgiving and more amp friendly.
    Good observations, and spot on Joe. I agree the S5 Mk1/Mk2's need plenty of power and some sweetness and fullness as you said. Hence i've found Vitus Signature series and Pass XA.8/XS series pair extremely well. Mike also tells me the Vac 200IQ amps are an excellent match. It's all about synergy. With your array of amps and musical tastes, yes I can see how the Strads would be a better match for you. Besides, they are purdy things!

Super Moderator

Thanks! But more importantly, fully paid for long ago. I'm getting cheaper in my old age

For me now, reaching out for a purchase like speakers of that caliber is a more sobering prospect that I'm not willing to contemplate. I've probably enough toys to keep me happy.

It's funny, as much as I love the red on my speakers an it is my favorite color, the traditional and original Strad color is what I associate with my speakers. I almost feel as if I don't have Strads if that makes sense. Call me shallow.
    Last edited by joeinid; May 9, 2017 at 12:56 PM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I've probably enough toys to keep me happy.
    Understatement of the century!..but I think Dan takes the cake

Super Moderator

Last edited by joeinid; May 9, 2017 at 04:42 PM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

That color reminds me of the Staward cask strength Boulevardier whisky-based cocktail (which by the way is a cracker ).

Gorgeous! I've only seen them in black.

It's all about synergy.
    Forgive me for going off-topic a little bit here. I'm sure most who know Harbeth know that their designer, Alan Shaw, doesn't quite believe in the concept of system synergy.

He posted this today over on a thread in the Harbeth forum:

Well, we have discussed all of this system-synergy stuff before.

We concluded that a) hifi dealers are commercial people who need to make a living to cover the cost of high street bricks and mortar stores b) that they display their juciest teasers at trade shows c) often, to keep the astronomic show-costs under control, enter into room-share, cost-share collaborations with anxilliary product makers (think: Magnum Dynalab with Harbeth at MOC Munich next week, again) d) recognise that there are monied folk about (plenty of them) and they enjoy spending money on beautiful things. Proof of that is that we made and shipped 60 pairs of M40.2 in Jan. '17 alone.

What I as a mere designer might use in the comfort and obscurity of my own home (or work listening room) is motivated by e) my total disinterest in how things look and total focus on how they perform f) personal ethos whereby I strive for the most for the best value for money (in many areas of my life) g) recognition that car dealers create brand aspiration by showcasing their top models out front, leaving the affordable stuff up the back somewhere, so it's a marketing norm to present the ultimate to the consumer.

Anyone in any doubt as to Harbeth's take on this synergy issue would, I'd assume, spend a little time here on HUG. Our pragmatic position is not hidden at all. I'm just appreciative that there other brands, often quite a bit smaller than us, that are willing to get on board with us at shows, and to allow us to spread the tremendous costs and logistical hassle. Long may that continue please!

"Live and let live" I'd say.
    The thread is located here:

http://www.harbeth.co.uk/usergroup/f...2916#post72916

What does Alan Shaw have to do with Joe's Strad's? Answer...nothing.

Joe loves his Strad's and should be able to revel in his happiness. Alan Shaw wants to keep people from thinking they need a kings ransom to make his speakers work. I applaud him.

Quote Originally Posted by dan31 View Post

Joe loves his Strad's and should be able to revel in his happiness..
    Live and let live as Alan said .

Super Moderator

Exactly! I have to say that I've owned both the 40.1's and 30.1's. I've heard many times the HL5plus speakers. While they fill a niche, they are nowhere near competitive to my Strads, especially the 40.1 which were killed by my Strads. Speakers need to be properly matched to the amps, preamps need to be matched to the amps, sources need to be matched to your taste and system and cables definitely need to be matched to everything up and downstream. It all has to work together.

Joe loves his Strad's and should be able to revel in his happiness. Alan Shaw wants to keep people from thinking they need a kings ransom to make his speakers work. I applaud him.

NAD C 658 streamer.

You misunderstood my post mainly because I wasn't clear. I do not agree with Alan at all because I believe in system synergy. I found his post amusing, which is why I posted it. My mistake was not making this clear.

Speakers need to be properly matched to the amps, preamps need to be matched to the amps, sources need to be matched to your taste and system and cables definitely need to be matched to everything up and downstream. It all has to work together.
    Agreed!

Welcome home Joe! We forgive you.
    Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, ClearAudio Performance SE, Satisfy Arm & Maestro Wood MM Cartridge
    Power: 3 x 20 Amp Lines, Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Shunyata Sigma v2 NR, Block Audio Power Cords, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
    Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - Alpha CGS cables
    Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon Modified) Buffalo GS2016 Switches powered with Keces P3 LPSU,
    Cables: Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 SCs, 1M & 6M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
    Other: Isoacoustics GAIA I footers on the Kharmas, GIK/Vicoustics/Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack

Super Moderator

Thank you. That helps a lot.

It's fun to "rediscover" gear that you already own.

Quote Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
    Welcome home Joe! We forgive you.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I am a huge believer in system synergy. I've owned four different pairs of speakers over the past five years and each time I changed speakers, the new speakers sounded poorly with the previous preamp and amps, necessitating a change. My Soulution gear sounded terrific with my Raidho D3's but pretty bad with my Vandersteen 7's. My Pass Labs gear sounded wonderful with my Revel Salon 2's but unsatisfactory with my Raidho D3's. My Cary gear sounded excellent with my Magnepan 3.7's but unfavorable with my Revel Salon 2's. My Vandersteen 7's now sing with Vandersteen monoblocks and ARC Ref 10 preamp. I rest my case.

Best,
    Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Super Moderator

Ken,

You are 100% right about that too. Certain gear naturally goes perfectly well together. Whether subconsciously or not, I think we voice our own systems similarly.

Another friend, Bruce, and I go to the slightly warmer side of the scale. I have other friends that prefer neutral to cool and detailed.

In the end, it's whatever makes us happy.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    I am a huge believer in system synergy.
    My Vandersteen 7's now sing with Vandersteen monoblocks and ARC Ref 10 preamp. I rest my case.
    Ken.......Your system is excellent.You should probably hold up right where you are at this moment. While resting your case you should rest your wallet, too.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    Ken.......Your system is excellent.You should probably hold up right where you are at this moment. While resting your case you should rest your wallet. too.
    LOL Dan, I wholeheartedly agree!

Ken

Super Moderator

Wonderful setup, love it.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    I am a huge believer in system synergy. I've owned four different pairs of speakers over the past five years and each time I changed speakers, the new speakers sounded poorly with the previous preamp and amps, necessitating a change. My Soulution gear sounded terrific with my Raidho D3's but pretty bad with my Vandersteen 7's. My Pass Labs gear sounded wonderful with my Revel Salon 2's but unsatisfactory with my Raidho D3's. My Cary gear sounded excellent with my Magnepan 3.7's but unfavorable with my Revel Salon 2's. My Vandersteen 7's now sing with Vandersteen monoblocks and ARC Ref 10 preamp. I rest my case.

Best,
    Ken
    Ken-You have been a busy man! Four sets of speakers in 5 years and a change of electronics for all four pairs. Hopefully you have found peace and happiness with your current rig.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Super Moderator

Synergy is key. Not all electronics work well with all speakers and not all speakers work with all rooms. Part of the fun is buying and trying, part of the frustration is buying and trying. There are popular pairings that work really well together. The Accuphase and Sonus Faber combo above is one of them and absolutely wonderful.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Synergy is key. Not all electronics work well with all speakers and not all speakers work with all rooms. Part of the fun is buying and trying, part of the frustration is buying and trying. There are popular pairings that work really well together. The Accuphase and Sonus Faber combo above is one of them and absolutely wonderful.
    Everything centers on your speakers. Start with the speakers and that will tell you what type of amp you need. I personally don't enjoy moving large and heavy speakers into and out of my listening room which is up a flight of stairs in my house. I recently sold my NOLA KOs that I bought new in October of 2014. I had them packed in their wooden shipping crates because I thought I had a buyer lined up who backed out at the last moment. When a real buyer showed up at my house this past Monday, I decided I didn't want him to come into my house because of this global pandemic thingy. I had my wife help hang onto each crate as I slowly slid them down the stairs until I could walk them out the door and into my garage. They probably weigh about 140 lbs in the crate and the crates are fairly large. Just not my idea of a good time, but I'm real glad they aren't taking up real estate in my listening room now.

The NOLA KOs were designed with the Ref 75 amp and that is how I first heard them at RMAF in Carl's room years ago. The KOs are 91dB 1w/1m and are 8 ohms speakers which makes them easy to drive. I knew that when I bought my JBL 4345s that my Ref 75 would work just dandy because they are 95dB 1w/1m and they are an 8 ohm speakers also. Had I purchased a pair of 4 ohm sealed speakers with low sensitivity, I would have had to purchase a high current SS amp which may have led to other upstream changes with the preamp and possibly phono pre. The average power on my Ref 75 (and the meters only show average power, not peak power) is less than 1 watt and that less than 1 watt is loud in my fairly large listening room.

So yeah, swapping out speakers can cause you to have to replace your electronics which in tandem can get very expensive and time consuming. Selling the old gear, packing it up, and shipping it all takes time, money, and physical labor. There is nothing I enjoy about that process.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

My Sonus Faber Stradivari - Curiosity got the better of me!