Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Audioshark

New Shunyata Cables

Shunyata Research is excited to announce the much-anticipated release of our all-new signal cables, comprised of three series: DELTA, ALPHA and SIGMA speaker cables and analog interconnects. All cables are currently in production, and orders are being taken now.

The newest generation of cables from Shunyata Research builds on our vast experiences and accumulation of science-based technologies, while also introducing additional, cutting-edge advancements in cable architecture. Delta series utilizes Shunyata Research’s VTX conductors, STIS terminals, along with Ohno copper and advanced fluorocarbon dielectrics. Sonic welding mitigates junction points, while our KPIP process eliminates the anomalies associated with break-in and cable directionality. Alpha series continues with these features, while also including our internationally-patented ΞTRONNew Shunyata Cables technology, and new, pure copper, or gold-plated pure copper, terminations. The new Sigma series adds the new, patent-pending TAP (transverse axial polarizer) and HARP technologies

All three series are designed and built to Shunyata Research’s exacting standards. Our revolutionary KPIP process unlocks the full potential of these cable systems so your customers experience all the power and musicality from their first listen. We believe these new cables will impress the most experienced listeners with exceptional fidelity, as well as a performance that conveys the detail, harmonic depth and finesse of a musical experience. Each series offers a level of performance that belies their price, and will overshadow some of the most expensive products on the market today.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: New Shunyata Cables

Any photos of the new products?
    Focal Scala V2, Accuphase DP-550, Avid Volvere, SME 309, Benz-Micro Reference Copper S, Accuphase C-37 phono pre, Tara Labs 0.8, Accuphase A-70, Accuphase C-2420 preamp

Audioshark

Attached Images Attached Images

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Pricing ?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    Pricing ?
    For what?

The cables mentioned in the subject of this thread . Price per meter etc..

Sigma's are msrp 4k / 1m interconnect and 7.5k / 2m speaker. I don't know others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speakers - Magico S5mk2 Integrated - Vitus SIA-025 Analog - Vpi Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Digital - Lumin A1
    Power - Shunyata Denali 6000S/Alpha HC/Alpha Digital Cables - Kimber KS-6063/Nordost Frey IC

Speakers - Magico S5mk2 Integrated - Vitus SIA-025 Analog - Vpi Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Digital - Lumin A1
    Power - Shunyata Denali 6000S/Alpha HC/Alpha Digital Cables - Kimber KS-6063/Nordost Frey IC

Audioshark

$2,000 (delta), $4000 (alpha) and $7500 (sigma) for speaker Cables (2M)

$1000 for Delta IC (1m)
    $2000 for Alpha IC (1m)
    $4000 for Sigma IC (1m)

The new NR power cords are available now too I heard. As well as the EF "extra flexible" soon.

Shunyata Research has developed three new cable looms along with the existing Venom Series. They are - in order of ascending performance and price: Venom Series, Delta Series, Alpha Series and Sigma Series. Each cable family includes the following cable types: speaker cable, speaker jumpers, RCA interconnect, XLR interconnect, phono cable, AES/EBU, S/PDIF, clock cables, USB cable and CGC/SGC grounding cables.

Moving from one level to the next confers higher levels of specialization, advanced technologies, constructiontechniques and conductor materials. We are proud to provide extensive explanations of the technologies, customized parts and specifications that go into the production of the products.

More information will be coming with a comprehensive Technology Guide and a complete Cable Product Guide.

Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

http://shunyata.com

Hello everyone,

I have tried to access The shunyata web page for a couple of days but only end up in a error message saying that the web page is down. Any one who knows what is going on?

BR Björn

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Hi,

I had similar issues but, after clearing browsing data with my Chrome browser I'm now able to access their website. However, I was hoping to see the new products as certain online Shunyata dealers have started posting prices and descriptions.

Hopefully the new product pages and information will be posted very soon. Perhaps in time for the Munich Show next week.

Thank you for your reply.

I re-tried after reading your post and this time I was able to access the website.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Thanks, Gabriel, for developing the new cables! I am using a Sigma HC for my Octave integrated amp, and am considering to upgrade the Zitron Python used for my Ayre CD player to one of the new cables. Which one should I choose?

Quote Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
    Shunyata Research has developed three new cable looms along with the existing Venom Series. They are - in order of ascending performance and price: Venom Series, Delta Series, Alpha Series and Sigma Series. Each cable family includes the following cable types: speaker cable, speaker jumpers, RCA interconnect, XLR interconnect, phono cable, AES/EBU, S/PDIF, clock cables, USB cable and CGC/SGC grounding cables.

Moving from one level to the next confers higher levels of specialization, advanced technologies, constructiontechniques and conductor materials. We are proud to provide extensive explanations of the technologies, customized parts and specifications that go into the production of the products.

More information will be coming with a comprehensive Technology Guide and a complete Cable Product Guide.

I am considering to upgrade the Zitron Python powercord connecting my Ayre CD player. Which cable in the new series should I use? Thank you in advance!

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum iluvmusic, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

The new Sigma NR would be the best. You might be able to find a Sigma Digital on sale from somewhere tho and get the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmusic View Post
    I am considering to upgrade the Zitron Python powercord connecting my Ayre CD player. Which cable in the new series should I use? Thank you in advance!
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Are the new Shunyata power cords out yet? I didn't see them on their website yet.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Are the new Shunyata power cords out yet? I didn't see them on their website yet.

Ken
    I was told at AXPONA they would be shipping within a few weeks. That was of course a few weeks ago. They are def available to order from your favorite Shunyata dealer

Website isn't updated yet. I know they are working on it, but it's a process. I wouldn't put it past them if they are delaying updating the website for a few weeks.

I believe they are swamped with orders and are trying to catch up.

I'll let you know when I get my order for new interconnects and speaker cables. I ordered a week after AXPONA.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

The new Shunyata is now on Music Direct

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    Website isn't updated yet. I know they are working on it, but it's a process. I wouldn't put it past them if they are delaying updating the website for a few weeks.

I believe they are swamped with orders and are trying to catch up.

I'll let you know when I get my order for new interconnects and speaker cables. I ordered a week after AXPONA.
    What models did you end up ordering? Sigma?

Also looks like Music Direct's description of the "Sigma" line of interconnects and Speaker Cables reference a V2 or Next Generation Zitron Technology. Which is exclusive to this line.

While we await the updated Shunyata website. Does anyone know or have insight? Perhaps Caelin is reading this thread. Care to comment on the improvements in the new version of Zitron technology?

Thanks!

Yes

What models did you end up ordering? Sigma?
    Jock

---------

The new Sigma NR would be the best. You might be able to find a Sigma Digital on sale from somewhere tho and get the same results.
    Thanks, Jock, for your suggestion! The high price of Sigma NR is out of my reach. I am wondering if the Alpha NR at half the price of Sigma NR and with the same gauge size of Sigma Digital can be a close enough alternative to Sigma NR for a CD player.

I'm sure that the Alpha would be great!

The Alpha Digital sounded terrific. When I upgraded the Alpha Digital to the Sigma Digital - yes the Sigma was better but not a hugh difference. The Alpha line is a better value over the Sigma for sure.
    Jock

---------

Also looks like Music Direct's description of the "Sigma" line of interconnects and Speaker Cables reference a V2 or Next Generation Zitron Technology. Which is exclusive to this line.

While we await the updated Shunyata website. Does anyone know or have insight? Perhaps Caelin is reading this thread. Care to comment on the improvements in the new version of Zitron technology?

Thanks!
    For those that don't know:

ΞTRON® is a technology developed by Shunyata Research that prevents dielectric absorption and re-radiation in signal transmission. It requires a special type of conductor that has two signal paths and an electric field compensation circuit that creates a cancellation signal that prevents the insulation from developing a charge. ΞTRON® cables preserve the integrity of the source signal even when using very long runs of cable.

Patent US 8,912,436, Patent Ch ZL201180047344.2

We have been working on the technology since its introduction and have made further refinements that are significant. The differences between a first generation cable and Generation 2 cable is very audible. The ΞTRON® Gen-2 technology is included in the new Alpha and Sigma interconnects and speaker cables.

Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

I'm sure that the Alpha would be great!

The Alpha Digital sounded terrific. When I upgraded the Alpha Digital to the Sigma Digital - yes the Sigma was better but not a hugh difference. The Alpha line is a better value over the Sigma for sure.
    Thanks again, Jock! I am waiting 'patiently' for the new Alpha to come to market here in Asia.

No clue when they will caught up enough to get to mine. I should have ordered a couple of months ago but didn't - shame on me.
    Jock

---------

No clue when they will caught up enough to get to mine. I should have ordered a couple of months ago but didn't - shame on me.
    Im sure they will be worth the wait. Are you planning or hoping to have a complete Shunyata loom? Speaker, interconnect and power ?

I'm going for whatever sounds the best in my room.

The idea of a complete loom is nice but not important unless it sounds the best.
    Jock

---------

I am curious about the new TOTL speaker cable since they cost almost twice as much as the previous TOTL, the Zitron Anaconda. Not sure yet how curious since I need another Denali 2000 for my amps, and SPODs for my speakers.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

The 2017 Cable Guide has been posted to our website under 'Products'.

The new power cords, speaker cables, interconnects and digital cables are all included along with descriptions of the technologies used in the products.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

Audioshark

The 2017 Cable Guide has been posted to our website under 'Products'.

The new power cords, speaker cables, interconnects and digital cables are all included along with descriptions of the technologies used in the products.
    When will we see info on the Alpha series and Sigma series IC and speaker Cables be up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    When will we see info on the Alpha series and Sigma series IC and speaker Cables be up?

Mike, it is all in the Cable Guide.

We are building a new website, so the PDF Cable Guide has all the information in the interim.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

Audioshark

Mike, it is all in the Cable Guide.

We are building a new website, so the PDF Cable Guide has all the information in the interim.
    My clients are asking for pictures.

My clients are asking for pictures.

Photos - Descriptions - Technology Explanations - Specifications

http://www.shunyata.com/media/PDFs/2...uide-v-web.pdf
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

Audioshark

Photos - Descriptions - Technology Explanations - Specifications

http://www.shunyata.com/media/PDFs/2...uide-v-web.pdf
    Awesome! Thanks.

I got my new Sigma interconnects yesterday. After 1 day playing for 24 hours ish, they are really really good. Over the anacondas they seem to have super tight bass - like the Python's had but more articulate. The Anacondas had a glorious lush sound to them, and the new sigmas seem to have this lushness in the mids and highs, without the extra lushness in the bass.

Well done.

Will report back after the get fully settled. By then hopefully I'll get my sigma speaker cables also.
    Jock

---------

Jock, thanks for the feedback. I am looking forward to your speaker cable review. At this point, I am bouncing between upgrading my cables to Sigma, getting a nice car, or just saving money by not buying anything.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

I got back home and listened to the new Sigma interconnects again (no speaker cables as of yet). Running for 6 days now. With the new conditioning Shunyata does with the Sigma series, should be 100% broken in and settled now.

They seem to really let the recording through. I know it seems like everybody says that all the time so ..... what the ef does that mean? Not sure actually. but ....... here is what made me write it.

They sound appropriately for the type/band/style of music that you listen to. If you listen to a quartette is sound beautiful and elegant. If you listen to a hard rock bank - the distortion comes through rough and raw - not the prettier version a lot a cables gave you (Anacondas for example). When you listen to vocals, no added sylibance but doesn't mask it if the singer decides to do an S young twister.

It just sounds like you would imagine it as they recorded the music.

Now - hurry up with the speaker cables!!!!
    Jock

---------

I got back home and listened to the new Sigma interconnects again (no speaker cables as of yet). Running for 6 days now. With the new conditioning Shunyata does with the Sigma series, should be 100% broken in and settled now.

They seem to really let the recording through. I know it seems like everybody says that all the time so ..... what the ef does that mean? Not sure actually. but ....... here is what made me write it.

They sound appropriately for the type/band/style of music that you listen to. If you listen to a quartette is sound beautiful and elegant. If you listen to a hard rock bank - the distortion comes through rough and raw - not the prettier version a lot a cables gave you (Anacondas for example). When you listen to vocals, no added sylibance but doesn't mask it if the singer decides to do an S young twister.

It just sounds like you would imagine it as they recorded the music.

Now - hurry up with the speaker cables!!!!
    Sounds like a good upgrade. The new Sigma technologies seem to lowering distortion to the point not seen on previous Shunyata cable.

I'm looking forward to reading your speaker cable impressions when you get them.

Audioshark

I would like to hear from people who have tried the new Shunyata NR power cables, IC's and speaker cables. I have some coming in to demo soon.

Maybe Caelin can chime in and tell us a little bit about them, initial impressions, etc.

I would like to hear from people who have tried the new Shunyata NR power cables, IC's and speaker cables. I have some coming in to demo soon.

Maybe Caelin can chime in and tell us a little bit about them, initial impressions, etc.
    +1 I would like to find out more too!
    Wilson Audio | Dan D'Agostino | Esoteric

I added a new Alpha NR in front of my Denali 6000S. I was using a borrowed Anaconda. I noticed a quieter background instantly and a little more resolution. There wasn't more bass, but I could hear more detail. I haven't returned the Anaconda yet and it's been more than a few weeks. I might switch the Anaconda back in to see the difference now after some time.
    DeVore O96 / Leben CS600X / Rossini DAC & HiFi Rose 150B / Gigafoil v4 w/ Keces P3 /Denali 6000S
    Technics 1200G with EMT TSD15N, A23 Hommage T2 SUT, Leben RS30EQ, A23 interconnects

Mike--Do you have your new Shunyata cables yet?
    Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by rrwmd View Post
    Mike--Do you have your new Shunyata cables yet?
    Nope, still waiting.

Yesterday, I got a good deal on a Shunyata Sigma Analog cable and bought it. Hopefully it will arrive later today and I can hear what the talk is all about. I am going to connect it to my phono preamp. Noise is generally one of my main concerns and actually I don't have much (you cant hear anything from the seating position). Still I found out in time that you can always lower the noise floor a little bit more and this is only positive (as long as you do it without loosing the dynamics). To note, I have a very efficient horn system.

If this plays out right I will get one for the digital front end as well, especially to prevent component to component interaction.

Although amps power cords matter a little less than sources for me, if I go all out, what would be the recommended sigma for my set amps, analog or hc? I dont think I need the hc for set amps as they are 24w amps per channel and their power consumption is about 290w per channel.

Hi,

Your SET amps would do fine with the current Alpha or Sigma NR power cords, or the last generation Alpha HC or Sigma Analog power cords.

Best regards,

Grant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

New Shunyata Cables