Specifications

Sensitivity: 90dB
    Impedance: 6 Ohms Nom. / 3 Ohms. Min
    Frequency Response: 30Hz – 30kHz
    Dimensions: 159cm (60”) H x 52cm (20.5”) W x 54.7cm (21.5”) D
    Weight: 90kg / 198.4 lbs

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/04...-speakers.html
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: New Wilson Benesch Resolution Speakers

They look beautiful. I had the Chimeras (former top of the range model) and they sounded wonderful.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

That design is very out there. As usual, Wilson Benesch's fit and finish is excellent. I just don't get how a full size, full range loudspeaker weighing almost as much as the S5 Mk2's with that many bass drivers can't reach down to the 20Hz region? . I was getting better frequency response from my 20+ year old $3600 Infinity Renaissance 90's! They were no slouches for speed either. The High Energy Emit and Emim drivers were super fast and had wide, even dispersion and excellent off-axis response. But that's another story.

Audioshark

We don't know if their specs are a real 30hz and not 6db down like most.

But if it's 30hz, 6db down, I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

The bass drivers are just not big enough. Sure, you can make even a 6.5" driver reach very low, but then the sensitivity will suffer greatly and max power will be significantly reduced (not enough x-max).

One thing they do better than the S5 is how they (physicly) disappear in the listening room, as they are very narrow.

I have listed this pair on AudiogoN for a friend, and believe it or not - they sold within 4h and I had two more people ready to buy (they sold for $12k + shipping).
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    We don't know if their specs are a real 30hz and not 6db down like most.

But if it's 30hz, 6db down, I agree.

That's true. It also depends whether they're using lab test results or in-room response. JA measured the S5 Mk2's -6db frequency at just under 30Hz, whilst MC measured the -6db at 24Hz (digging down to 22Hz @-6db with room reinforcement).

Wondering where these will fit in WB's lineup. Replacing the ACT?
    I had a previous iteration (ACT 1) for about 6 yrs. WB make superb stuff. Agree with others that their fit, finish, design is top quality. They are just not very popular in the NAmerica market. For years they had very little representation or promotion. Nice to see that changing gradually more recently.
    Their Torus Infrasonic Generator (high tech sub) is an amazing piece as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    The bass drivers are just not big enough. Sure, you can make even a 6.5" driver reach very low, but then the sensitivity will suffer greatly and max power will be significantly reduced (not enough x-max).

One thing they do better than the S5 is how they (physicly) disappear in the listening room, as they are very narrow.

I have listed this pair on AudiogoN for a friend, and believe it or not - they sold within 4h and I had two more people ready to buy (they sold for $12k + shipping).
    Ah yes, pure physics!...MC equated the S5 Mk2's twin 10" bass units to a 370mm (14.5") bass driver. And they have massive magnets, long-throw voice coils etc. As I understand it, with WB's isobaric driver configuration the two drivers are wired out of phase with each other, and the iso-group has the same resonance frequency, Qts, distortion, excursion etc as one driver with the same applied signal. Whilst all other aspects are unchanged like resonant frequency and maximum SPL.

I agree the WB speakers in many ways might be easier to live with for many being physically less imposing, having an attractive carbon/wood veneer finish (WAF), higher sensitivity & being a more 'forgiving' speaker. The Magico S5 Mk2s by comparison are more physically imposing, need more power/current & require careful attention to detail with upstream gear and room setup.

I get why popular WB models rarely show up on A'gon. That doesn't make Magico speakers any less worthy of course. I just think they're seen more as luxury items that get flipped like Rolex watches.

New Wilson Benesch Resolution Speakers

They look amazing!

Based on the press release, they will sit between the Cardinal and Endeavour. Great niche, depending on pricing.

Unless there is a port below the speaker, they appear to have sealed bass like the Cardinal. They have moved the binding posts to the rear of the speaker instead of underneath.

The minimum impedance has dropped to 3 Ohms (instead of 4 Ohms for the Cardinal and Endeavour). Might make them harder to drive?

Looking forward to hearing them.

Couple of details, this speaker slots in just under the Cardinal in their lineup. In fact think of it as a mini Cardinal. I wouldn't pay a lot of attention to bass specs. From my experience with the Cardinal, bass response will be strength not weakness for most listeners. WB also makes the Torus for those that want that last half of octave of bass.

On a personal note, I couldn't be happier with my Cardinals. Anyone with questions about WB speakers can feel free to PM me.
    Turntables: Acoustic Signature Invictus Jr. NEO, Grand Prix Monaco V3.0
    Tonearms: Acoustic Signature TA-9000 NEO, Kuzma Safir
    Cartridges: Miyabi Fuuga, Ortofon Century, Murashino Sumile Mono
    Phono Amplifiers: CH Precision P1, Channel D Lino 3.3
    Digital: CH Precision C1.2/D1.5/T1, Innuos Statement Nextgen, Luxman D-10X (Loan)
    Amplifiers: CH Precision L10/M10, Parasound JC1+, Gryphon Diablo 333 (Incoming)
    Speakers : Magnepan 30.7x, Wilson Audio XVX Chronosonic/Subsonics
    Cables: CAD Ground Controls/USB, Cardas Beyond Clear, Gobel Lacorde Statement
    Accessories: Artesania Exoteryc Racks & Damping Plates, Seismion Reactio, Degritter RC, RPG Acoustic Treatments/PSI AVAA, Torus Power/Plixir Elite BAC

Quote Originally Posted by Melbguy1 View Post
    That design is very out there. As usual, Wilson Benesch's fit and finish is excellent. I just don't get how a full size, full range loudspeaker weighing almost as much as the S5 Mk2's with that many bass drivers can't reach down to the 20Hz region? . I was getting better frequency response from my 20+ year old $3600 Infinity Renaissance 90's! They were no slouches for speed either. The High Energy Emit and Emim drivers were super fast and had wide, even dispersion and excellent off-axis response. But that's another story.
    doubt you were reaching down to 20hz with any of the speakers listed , takes plenty volume (size ) to do so ...

Quote Originally Posted by annapolis Raider View Post
    Couple of details, this speaker slots in just under the Cardinal in their lineup. In fact think of it as a mini Cardinal. I wouldn't pay a lot of attention to bass specs. From my experience with the Cardinal, bass response will be strength not weakness for most listeners. WB also makes the Torus for those that want that last half of octave of bass.

On a personal note, I couldn't be happier with my Cardinals. Anyone with questions about WB speakers can feel free to PM me.
    Horses for courses. Not everyone will be able to accommodate a sub...for example those whose listening room also doubles as their living/dining room like me. But I agree WB's isobaric bass configuration is very punchy and dynamic...great way to get maximum output with less cabinet volume. This new model should do well for WB at it's price point (€35k, or approx $38kUS based on the current exchange rate + shipping, import taxes etc).

This isobaric design does help to decrease cabinet volume ( typically 50%) and while you do get good results , it's done at the cost of efficiency. WB is using an out of phase isobar , in practice I myself do prefer an in phase isobar, ( magnet to cone, instead of cone to cone ) IMO, in phase Isobars tends to give a better hand off thru the xover region.

Glad to see solid fundamentals still at work .....

Regards ..

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    This isobaric design does help to decrease cabinet volume ( typically 50%) and while you do get good results , it's done at the cost of efficiency. WB is using an out of phase isobar , in practice I myself do prefer an in phase isobar, ( magnet to cone, instead of cone to cone ) IMO, in phase Isobars tends to give a better hand off thru the xover region.

Glad to see solid fundamentals still at work .....

Regards ..
    Fascinating stuff. It's good to get an AE's perspective on different design configurations to provide some perspective. Magico's design for the S5 Mk2 could be seen as the 'brute force' approach, with superb driver design & utilizing similarly advanced CAD/Finite Element analysis modeling tools. WB's approach is about more from less & design innovation. The common factor both marques share is superb engineering.

This new model should do well for WB at it's price point (€35k, or approx $38kUS based on the current exchange rate + shipping, import taxes etc).
    Is this price confirmed? If so, it is a remarkable price and not much more than the Endeavour.

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    WB claim, in their white papers, that the use of the isobaric design halves the cabinet volume required for a given bass output.

I guess the in phase isobaric looks better too, rather than staring at the basket. However, it probably was not employed here for cost reasons. For example, in the Cardinal, the sub-baffle (for mounting the isobaric woofers) alone weighs 35 lbs sans drivers. Quite a bit of material and machining costs.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoludio View Post
    Is this price confirmed? If so, it is a remarkable price and not much more than the Endeavour.
    Not confirmed yet. That price was posted in Wizard's blog. Also note that is the European price. The US price will likely be quite a bit higher once shipping, import taxes/duties & the exchange rate are factored in.

Fascinating stuff. It's good to get an AE's perspective on different design configurations to provide some perspective. Magico's design for the S5 Mk2 could be seen as the 'brute force' approach, with superb driver design & utilizing similarly advanced CAD/Finite Element analysis modeling tools. WB's approach is about more from less & design innovation. The common factor both marques share is superb engineering.

Agree , both Magico and WB are fundamentally solid engineered products....

Not confirmed yet. That price was posted in Wizard's blog. Also note that is the European price. The US price will likely be quite a bit higher once shipping, import taxes/duties & the exchange rate are factored in.
    Just had a look at Wizard's blog. The price may have been adjusted.

Its £35000 now, so £10,000 more than the Endeavour (£25,000) but £20,000 less than the Cardinal (£55,000). Good sweet spot for a "mini-Cardinal".

You also have to add in a reasonable margin for the distributor, who has to invest substantially in the product line to adequately support it.

The Ypsilon Room sounded sublime with the Resolutions at Munich

2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

I have a pair of Resolutions on home demo at the moment, after spending some time with an Endeavour + Torus set-up. In the flesh they are stunning, although the isobaric bass units are an acquired taste so they look best with grills in place.

These speakers are not lacking in bass - it's there aplenty and in some depth too. This was confirmed by WB, saying this was very much part of the design brief for these speakers. They are also less analytical (read total clarity), but this could be due to the newness of the speakers and them needing further running in (currently have approx 125 hours on them).
    One point of note is the exceptional sound staging - probably the best I've heard - and proper 3D stuff too, i.e. not just left to right but front to back too.

How do they compare to the Endeavour + Torus combination? What are you using to drive the Resolution?

As for the soundstage, I have also found the Endeavour and Discovery II to offer excellent soundstaging, in particular, depth and height so looks like the Resolution offers more of the same.

As an overall view, I prefer the Resolutions but with the proviso that (a) I've only spent a couple of hours with them, (b) they are only 125 hours in, and (c) they are being driven by different amps (in this case CH Precision A1). This is largely due to the better coherence of a full range vs standmount + sub.
    That said, there are a couple of things I have yet to form a view on, which are those noted earlier, namely the prominence of the mid-bass, and the less analytical presentation. This needs more time with the Resolutions, longer run-in, and ideally using the same amps.

I thought it worth jotting down some listening notes as an update to the above. After my initial feedback, the guys from WB came back and repositioned the speakers and took down the bass a notch with a resistor bridge on the isobariks.

The result was transformational and as a result, the Resolutions took us to a pretty magical place musically, with some very moving listening sessions and on one occasion a few tears too. What I’ve learnt is that this comes about by giving a true insight into the performance of the musicians, be that a live recording or a studio session, where you connect with the emotions being expressed. There are a number of aspects of the Resolution’s performance that enable this.

To start with, they are extremely transparent thereby reflecting all the upstream information being presented to them in an accurate way, but without becoming too analytical that you forget the music. This was notably improved by adding spikes as well as dialling in the bass to the room. As such, the differences between amplifiers we tried was easily conveyed.
    Transparency in extreme can lead to a lean and / or cold presentation but this is not the case here: the timbral accuracy is so good that the natural warmth of the music comes through and is maintained across the frequency range. For example mid-bass tones have a lovely woody texture to them, whilst trumpets have a natural harmonic to their sound even when playing loud.

Music seems to flow from the speakers rather than being forced. As well as being a far more pleasurable experience, this means they have the ability to play at a wide range of volumes whilst still keeping the engagement – not becoming flat and dull at quiet levels, and not becoming painful at louder volumes. This also seems to apply across genres too, including electronica and dance where the speakers give a sense of being unbreakable.

A major strength is clearly the soundstage. I’ve often read about a so-called 3-D soundstage but not fully believed in it or even understood what it could add to the listening experience, let alone heard it. That’s now changed, as the Resolutions certainly creates one, and is definitely a big addition to engaging in the music. The ability for the speakers to disappear is again something I’ve read about but not heard, but listening to these in the dark is a somewhat surreal experience as you’d be very hard-pressed to point to them.

The bass is fantastic, and whilst not plumbing the extreme depths of some designs, gives a good visceral impact on percussion and is texturally really pleasing. I’m intrigued to see what a pair of Torus could add but that is more from the perspective of having your cake and eating it rather than feeling the Resolutions are deficient in any way.

The engineering in the speakers is very visible, with fit and finish being extremely good. In the flesh they look stunning, striking a good balance between having presence but not dominating, and this was true in both large and smaller rooms.

The only real downside is that they clearly need time and effort to set up, particularly with regard to tuning the bass and allowing for room interactions. In a perfect world the bass would go down to levels that obviated the need for subs, but I suspect this is beyond the realms of physics and would be offset by a drop in some of the above strengths.

Nice update. When I owned the WB ACTs, I tried a single Torus and it was amazing, deep chest stuff, but overkill for the room.

thx for the update heihei, sounds like you've found a keeper. Welcome to the WB owners club.
    Turntables: Acoustic Signature Invictus Jr. NEO, Grand Prix Monaco V3.0
    Tonearms: Acoustic Signature TA-9000 NEO, Kuzma Safir
    Cartridges: Miyabi Fuuga, Ortofon Century, Murashino Sumile Mono
    Phono Amplifiers: CH Precision P1, Channel D Lino 3.3
    Digital: CH Precision C1.2/D1.5/T1, Innuos Statement Nextgen, Luxman D-10X (Loan)
    Amplifiers: CH Precision L10/M10, Parasound JC1+, Gryphon Diablo 333 (Incoming)
    Speakers : Magnepan 30.7x, Wilson Audio XVX Chronosonic/Subsonics
    Cables: CAD Ground Controls/USB, Cardas Beyond Clear, Gobel Lacorde Statement
    Accessories: Artesania Exoteryc Racks & Damping Plates, Seismion Reactio, Degritter RC, RPG Acoustic Treatments/PSI AVAA, Torus Power/Plixir Elite BAC

Resolutions ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by heihei View Post
    Resolutions ordered.
    Heyheyhey! Congrats
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

In champagne P1!!

Quote Originally Posted by heihei View Post
    Resolutions ordered.
    New Wilson Benesch Resolution SpeakersNew Wilson Benesch Resolution SpeakersNew Wilson Benesch Resolution Speakers

Congrats!

I started a thread recently about the Salon 2s vs the Persona speakers. Mikes comments and the price have put me off the latter (bearing in mind the discount I could get on the Salons) but I think I should check out the WB range, especially as their factory is 40 miles from where I live. Any WB owners out there who also have experience of The Salons?

Hi all
    Month ago I finally received my pair of Resolutions
    Done break in for a month and now I think I can share my thoughts.
    I heard Resonlution before only at Munich Show this year, I remember that I liked it very much but if you ask me now how exactly it sound back then I wouldn’t tell since quite much time pass by.
    Just to mention, Resolution at show was paired to all CH precision equipment which is very good and of course expensive.
    Now my setup is Vitus Signature pre and power SL-102 and SS-025 + Linn Klimax DAC
    and my impression of speakers would be like that:
    They have a very good stage , to my taste not enough bass and not enough mid bass which is very critical to me because that’s exactly what I looked for in this speakers.
    In general the sound far from harsh and quite pleasant, but i wanted to have this a little blown mid bass that I don’t have.
    Maybe the case is my equipment not powerful enough to reveal WB Resolution potential, I don’t know.
    Recently I visit a friend who did speaker and power upgrade, he got Marten Bird 2 and NAT Audio tube power amp, the sound he got is amazing , he got that magical mid bass that I looked for.
    So in general I quite disappointed since this upgrade was not cheap at all and looking for solutions, maybe not all is lost and what I have to do is power upgrade to finally get what I looked for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

STigmater: strange that your comments about the bass and mid -bass are almost the exact opposite of HeiHei's, see posts 22 -24. Perhaps it is an amp problem?
    I'm arranging to audition the Discovery 2 and the ART Evo. If I like them I will then audition the Resolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmater View Post
    Hi all
    Month ago I finally received my pair of Resolutions
    Done break in for a month and now I think I can share my thoughts.
    I heard Resonlution before only at Munich Show this year, I remember that I liked it very much but if you ask me now how exactly it sound back then I wouldn’t tell since quite much time pass by.
    Just to mention, Resolution at show was paired to all CH precision equipment which is very good and of course expensive.
    Now my setup is Vitus Signature pre and power SL-102 and SS-025 + Linn Klimax DAC
    and my impression of speakers would be like that:
    They have a very good stage , to my taste not enough bass and not enough mid bass which is very critical to me because that’s exactly what I looked for in this speakers.
    In general the sound far from harsh and quite pleasant, but i wanted to have this a little blown mid bass that I don’t have.
    Maybe the case is my equipment not powerful enough to reveal WB Resolution potential, I don’t know.
    Recently I visit a friend who did speaker and power upgrade, he got Marten Bird 2 and NAT Audio tube power amp, the sound he got is amazing , he got that magical mid bass that I looked for.
    So in general I quite disappointed since this upgrade was not cheap at all and looking for solutions, maybe not all is lost and what I have to do is power upgrade to finally get what I looked for.

Looking at that pic and not knowing the speaker i would guess and say most likely a room /acoustic/ speaker position issue , Try playing with speaker/ listening chair location ...

regards

Hi Stigmater, everyone,
    I could imagine your are right assuming the amp is not a good match. I have WB Act 1 Evo and had a Vitus SIA025 (which I found an absolute mismatch - Vitus not fast and powerful enough). I now have a Modwright KWA150 SE Amp and it sounds great. This was based on the reco of a dealer/hifi consultant/developer who knows WB quite well ... according to him they can be a bit diva-like, but when you get it right with the system, they sing ...
    Best,
    PasoDeLobo

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum PasoDeLobo, Thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I'm surprised at your findings with regard to mid-bass as my findings (outlined in previous posting) were the opposite - too much of it which was dialled down by WB. I can understand the lower bass - given the design, these speakers are never going to compete with big single bass driver speakers, which is why I have a pair of Torus subs lined up to try when my Resolutions arrive.

With regard to amplification, I'm not convinced Vitus and WB are a great mix. I tried the Endeavour with an SS-103 and was ok, but WB speakers major on resolution (forgive the pun), transparency, lightness of touch, speed, and therefore need an amp with similar qualities, which is not Vitus imho.
    Although not especially sensitive, the simple cross-over design means WB speakers are not a particularly demanding load, so I don't think power is the issue.

FWIW, I'm using Berning Quadrature Z's with mine - although valve-based, they excel in the areas noted above.

Thanks a lot for all answers, I still think VA is a great amp but willing to try tubes, I never had tubes so it will be my first experience , what do you say, VAC phi 300 should be a match for my resolutions?

If you can lay your hands on some of the ARC gear maybe you should give it a chance as IMHO they could give what you are looking for...

Good luck with your quest!

Cheers;
    G
    LS: Vienna Acoustics Klimt "The Music"
    PowerAmp: Nagra VPA
    PreAmp: Tobian Soundsystems SC12
    DAC: LampizatOr Horizon
    Server: LDMS Maximus Music Server
    CDT: CH Precison D1
    Switch: Edison Creation Silent OCXO Extreme, FiberBox
    Power: LampizatOr Kraftwerk 10
    Cabling: Signal Projects loom

Thanks a lot for all answers, I still think VA is a great amp but willing to try tubes, I never had tubes so it will be my first experience , what do you say, VAC phi 300 should be a match for my resolutions?

What does your local dealers carry? Ask them, and try out a few alternatives at home - that's the only trusted way forward. Wilson Benesch works well with many amps, but will naturally sound different depending on your choice. CH Precision and Ypsilon are two proven options - as a start.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Ayon is a very good match with WB

Yesterday did a switch with a friend for VAC phi 300.1 and VAC Signature Pre. Approximately same price as my Vitus Pre and Power so we did it simple.

In general I getting used to new sound, installed it yesterday so it’s fresh.
    My first impressions are good, I got more mid bass , lower bass is tight , women vocal is more forward then I expected .

I entered to the world of tubes that I not experience at , so a lot to learn now.

As a side comment, I have been using a Devialet D250 Pro to drive my Wilson Benesch Vector for a few years now and it is a match made in heaven.

I only makes me dream of upgrading my Vector to Resolutions or Act One Evolutions... but that will have to wait a bit I am afraid.

Anyway, I would advise anyone with amp match issues to look into the Devialet... it is hard to beat, whatever the price point and can drive whatever load you throw at it. IMHO these guys are 5 years ahead of the rest of the industry.

Cheers,
    Bernard

I had Devialet 800 couple of years ago, good amp but different.

The problem that I have now is , vocal too forward then I would like to.
    With Vitus I didn’t had such behavior.

The problem that I have now is , vocal too forward then I would like to.
    With Vitus I didn’t had such behavior.

Is this on every recording ....?

Yes, pretty much.

I'd second Devialet esp with SAM engaged.

Ok guys , I have a good update.
    My friend gave me to try out Synergistic Research RED Quantum Fuses, I’m not a big believer in such voodoo stuff , and know exactly how fuse works, but....
    But I was frustrated and said what a heck , let’s do it.
    I installed it in my VAC signature pre and to my big surprise immediately noticed how sweet it started to play.
    That night I couldn’t stop and go to sleep I played one tune after another and everything sounded so good so I went to bed only at 4:30 am , 7:30 I already had to get up New Wilson Benesch Resolution Speakers. Since then I afraid to touch or change anything in the system not to ruin what I have.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team