New Wilson Benesch Resolution Speakers - Page 10
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Wilson Benesch Resolution Speakers

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. I would guess they need a lot more break in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KEF Loudspeakers, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Have you experimented with different speaker positioning in the room? From your description of the problem I'd suspect some bass cancellation room nodes as a possible cause, which might be able to be addressed with some experimentation on speaker positioning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Thanks Joeinid. Im a long time lurker and appreciate the advice and commentary I've read here. Great forum.

5. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Have you experimented with different speaker positioning in the room? From your description of the problem I'd suspect some bass cancellation room nodes as a possible cause, which might be able to be addressed with some experimentation on speaker positioning.
    I wondered that too, Audio.Bill. But, as much as positioning can improve sound, this was way beyond something that positioning would fix.

I wondered about nodes so I walked around the room, and even outside the room. It was consistent with what I heard in the listening position. And nodes would not explain why the entire range from, im guessing, 50-20hz was so quiet.

We will try again in a couple of weeks. Im planning to take my Olympicas there so I can hear them side by side to confirm what the issue is.

But, from those of you who have heard these speakers, would you describe the entire lower bass region of the Resolution's performance as being extraordinarily thin and weak? Is the severe bass deficiency the reason they seem to typically be run with Torus subs (sorry, 'infra's' ;-) ).

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the Wilson Benesch Resolution driven by the new dartZeel NHB-108 Model Two. Very nice!

Ken

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wlJ6PIVDSUY
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

8. Likes digitalvinyl liked this post

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10