Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Re: JOB 225 2-channel Power Amplifier ... update ...

Quote Originally Posted by aumacoustics View Post
    Hi Nils,

Don't worry. My amp should have been shipped Thursday with a Monday receipt. However, I had to send JOB my email address 3 times. They obviously have their hands full. As a result I lost a day and I got an email from them Friday as follows:

Dear Richard,

sorry if we missed it. It will be shipped out on Monday.

Have a wonderful week end.

JOB Electronics.

I later received my FedEx tracking # and when I click on it, it shows no record for the tracking #. This is normal since the tracking # won't be active until the package enters the FedEx system. Right now, I'll bet the package is at Goldmund/JOB and will be picked up by FedEx on Monday. Once it's in the system, the tracking # will become active and you'll see it in the FedEx system. For now, I'll bet your package is sitting there with mine waiting for the weekend to be over.

Waiting is part of the game, unfortunately

Have fun,
    Richard
    Thank You Richard your words make me much calmer, you are correct, the tracking number can be issued but as long as the driver has not picked it up and registered in the system it is not traceable ...will sit tight until Monday afternoon.
    Wisnon....Thanks as usual but will do as above so you don't strain your relationship with Goldmund/ JOB in vain

Super Moderator

OMG!!!!

Estimated delivery :
    Mon 10/14/2013 10:30 am
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Super Moderator

Views: 8,220

How's that for the little amp that could.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    OMG!!!!

Estimated delivery :
    Mon 10/14/2013 10:30 am
    Hang in there Joe, it's almost there! I wish I received such specific delivery timeframes, as I usually end up having to wait at home all day for expected equipment deliveries.

Super Moderator

Thanks Bill!

This is getting fun again. Updates to follow.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe
    WOOOOOHHHOOOO
    Trung

If you think you're too small to make a difference, You haven't spent a night with a mosquito.

We are WHALE Sharks

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HiFive View Post
    Joe
    WOOOOOHHHOOOO
    Thanks Trung!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Views: 8,220

How's that for the little amp that could.
    See joe everytime you put up a thread it gets 10,000 views.
    Everyone is dying to know what you think!!!
    Congrats on the amp and nice avatar!!!
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Super Moderator

Stick with me Kid! You are learning.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Petro85 View Post
    See joe everytime you put up a thread it gets 10,000 views.
    Everyone is dying to know what you think!!!
    Congrats on the amp and nice avatar!!!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

This must be a very popular amp (Job 225), wow!

* Joe, what's with the eggs?
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    This must be a very popular amp (Job 225), wow!

Cluck, cluck. I'm hatching them for someone. Ha!

They are Sound Kaos Wave 40's. Supposed to be VERY nice. Ribbons and Alnico magnets. Ooooooh, I love Alnico magnets.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post

Omg!!! I just spit My iced tea everywhere. Hahahahaha!!!!
    I thought they were small canoes?
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Ribbons and Alnicos.....sounds like the NOLA formula to me
    Preamp: Hegel P20
    Amp: Hegel H20
    Analog: Sumiko Pearwood Celebration II > Rega P5 > Heed Quasar
    Digital: 4 TB Vortexbox > Squeezebox Duet > Marantz SA8004
    Speakers: Revel Studio2
    Cables: Shunyata Zitron / Analysis Plus

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Ribbons and Alnicos.....sounds like the NOLA formula to me
    We usually end up back where we started.

NAD C 658 streamer.

An update. I just checked my tracking # that has been dormant since last Friday. It showed up about 2 hours ago in the FedEx system. The screen finally stated that shipment information has been sent to FedEx and that estimated delivery here in the US is this coming Tuesday 10/15 at 10:30AM. Their shipping sure is fast once the package enters the system. So Nils, check your FedEx tracking # again and see if you have any progress.

Joe, you will be one of the first to listen to the new amp and I'm sure you will share with us what the new amp is like. I'm really curious how this amp will stack up to a very well built (the best connectors, wire, etc) Hypex NCore400 pair of monoblocs that I own. I will be comparing the JOB versus the NCore's (already running in my system) when I can and will post my findings.

I've been using all balanced equipment since the NCore is a balanced amp. I noticed that BMC recommends a balanced only connection for their new PureDAC. So here we go, the JOB is unbalanced and those of you who have been collecting high end balanced cables and gear (like me and a few friends) and have been using balanced DAC's like the Auralic Vega (like me and a few friends) are kind of starting over with the JOB amp. I sure hope it is worth it. Thankfully, I still have unbalanced cables to fall back on to get the JOB up and running.

I just sold my Vega and am now using a Mytek DAC in it's place. The NCore with the Vega and most other DAC's I've used has too thin a sound with a Class D power amp (particularly the Ncore). It's missing the emotion and musical connection that I long for. I just got tired of it, and boy, am I glad I made the change. I love the Mytek. It has a nice full midrange and real body that I've been missing yet really good detail throughout the spectrum. I'm now expecting the Mytek's body to merge with possibly more "meat" with the JOB and will end up what I've been searching for for years from a tonality standpoint. I'm tired of throwing thousands of dollars down the drain buying and selling equipment. More later when the JOB arrives (fingers crossed).

Super Moderator

The Job 225 will need 100-200 hours to settle down but it's good out of the box. An upgraded fuse will help as well and I plan on ordering one in about a week or two once everything from RMAF settles down. I will have an original amp to compare it against but don't expect much difference. I've used xlr to rca adapters on the Job without issues.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Richard
    Thank you for the tip "EQ" on JRiver.
    Can't wait for your finding between JOB and NCore.
    Trung

If you think you're too small to make a difference, You haven't spent a night with a mosquito.

We are WHALE Sharks

Richard has a very interesting website. I wish he would update it with the links to the topics liste.

Trung, could you please elaborate on the JRiver EQ tip?
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Hi! I just registered, partly out of interest of this amp. It's a great reading how enthusiastic owners of this amp are. Do you know of a timetable for the new batch? In the mean time, I will be searching for more reviews ;-)
    Last edited by joeinid; October 14, 2013 at 05:28 PM.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by newbie79 View Post
    Hi! I just registered, partly out of interest of this amp. It's a great reading how enthusiastic owners of this amp are. Do you know of a timetable for the new batch? In the mean time, I will be searching for more reviews ;-)
    Welcome to the forum newbie79,

Thank you for joining. Hopefully we should hear something soon. I am over the moon with mine. This one one of the top 3 purchases I have ever made. Actually, I think it's number 1 in my book.

NAD C 658 streamer.

[QUOTE=joeinid;35865]Welcome to the forum newbie79,

Thank you for joining. Hopefully we should hear something soon. I am over the moon with mine. This one one of the top 3 purchases I have ever made. Actually, I think it's number 1 in my book.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that speaks volumes given the gear in your sig, Joe! What an endorsement! What PC are you using with it?

Allen

Super Moderator

Hi Allen,

I bought the Job Sweetcord with the first amp. With this new amp I went straight to the Shunyata Venom3. I paid $99 for it when I bought three. I'll go back to the Sweetcord at some point and listen for differences. Sometimes it takes me a while. With the EAR 868 and the Job 225 on my TADs, holy cow! I love what I am hearing.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Audioshark

Hi Allen,

I bought the Job Sweetcord with the first amp. With this new amp I went straight to the Shunyata Venom3. I paid $99 for it when I bought three. I'll go back to the Sweetcord at some point and listen for differences. Sometimes it takes me a while. With the EAR 868 and the Job 225 on my TADs, holy cow! I love what I am hearing.
    Oh man....maybe I shouldn't have bought the PC!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Oh man....maybe I shouldn't have bought the PC!
    I may take it off your hands if you try it and don't like it. It is excellent, just not sure what I gain.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Audioshark

I may take it off your hands if you try it and don't like it. It is excellent, just not sure what I gain.
    Sure. I can't wait until the little FedEx man arrives tomorrow! I'm listening to my D3's with the Dag amp and preamp and the high res Eagles download....OMG....Dan is a friggin genius.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Super Moderator

Sure. I can't wait until the little FedEx man arrives tomorrow! I'm listening to my D3's with the Dag amp and preamp and the high res Eagles download....OMG....Dan is a friggin genius.
    Dagostino gear is amazing!

NAD C 658 streamer.

I bet that sounds great Mike. Did you get rid of your turntable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doug

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    I bet that sounds great Mike. Did you get rid of your turntable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never! I saw that it's coming out on Vinyl. Eagles Box set for sure! The Eagles documentary was 4 hours....but I really enjoyed it.

Never! I saw that it's coming out on Vinyl. Eagles Box set for sure! The Eagles documentary was 4 hours....but I really enjoyed it.
    Eagles documentary was awesome!!!i love those kinda shows. I also watch all those Classic Albums shows on netflix too. They are all good.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Welcome to the forum newbie79,

Thank you for joining. Hopefully we should hear something soon. I am over the moon with mine. This one one of the top 3 purchases I have ever made. Actually, I think it's number 1 in my book.

Thanks Joe! I'll keep an eye out! Hopefully we can see more (positive) reviews in the coming weeks ;-)

Audioshark

Does the amp have XLR/Balanced inputs? If not....I'm screwed....

Super Moderator

Does the amp have XLR/Balanced inputs? If not....I'm screwed....
    RCA only. You'll need adapters.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Audioshark

RCA only. You'll need adapters.
    Cardas ones are best?

Mike, until you can order the Cardas ones something like these if you have a Guitar Center or such in town should work for a preliminary listen and break-in American Recorder Technologies XLR Female to RCA Male Adapter | GuitarCenter

Mike, these are the ones they seem to have in the stores near you. Live Wire RCA(M)-XLR(F) Adapter | GuitarCenter

Those adapters are cool!! I never thought about it, but do they degrade sound at all as compared to just running rca?? What about running it the otherway, plugged into the back of a preamp and running xlr into amps??
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Audioshark

JOB 225 2-channel Power Amplifier ... update ...

As I first turned on my new JOB225 to let it warm up, my first thought was "what in the hell is in this thing?" The amp is small and light. Is it Class D? Did I missing something in the literature? Amps this small shouldn't be producing this kind of bass from the first note. 60 minutes later.....time for a serious listen.

First impressions - the 125 watts is underrated. Comparing it to my 145 watt Marantz, the Job plays louder. The JOB225 has the bass slam
    of a much bigger amp. Midrange presentation is forward (in a good way). Highs are rolled off nicely.

The biggest strength of the amp is its tube like midrange presentation and bass control.

On the downside, the JOB225 isn't the last word in tonality. The drum beat on the opening of "I don't care anymore" by Phil Collins (24/192 high res download from HDTRACKS) for example sounded less like drums than other amps. Like the sound from an expensive drum set compared to a junior one. The pro drum set will have much fuller, rounder sound.

On "Take it Easy" from the same high res box set, the acoustic guitar strumming didn't sound as rich and full as with other amps.

One big caveat to my criticisms above, the only RCA cables I own are of the BestBuy variety. I'm certain a better pair of line level cables would improve tonality.

At the end of the day, the JOB225 hits much higher than its weight category. This is an amp that could easily give amps costing a lot more - a run for their money. Power, slam, great midrange presentation and smooth highs....for $1695....its one of those rare high end bargains. Highly recommended.

P.S. Big thanks to Joe and Norman for turning me on to this great amp. I hope JOB gives you guys an amp for all your efforts....they probably sold half of their last run because of you two guys!

As I first turned on my new JOB225 to let it warm up, my first thought was "what in the hell is in this thing?" The amp is small and light. Is it Class D? Did I missing something in the literature? Amps this small shouldn't be producing this kind of bass from the first note. 60 minutes later.....time for a serious listen.

First impressions - the 125 watts is underrated. Comparing it to my 145 watt Marantz, the Job plays louder. The JOB225 has the bass slam
    of a much bigger amp. Midrange presentation is forward (in a good way). Highs are rolled off nicely.

The biggest strength of the amp is its tube like midrange presentation and bass control.

On the downside, the JOB225 isn't the last word in tonality. The drum beat on the opening of "I don't care anymore" by Phil Collins (24/192 high res download from HDTRACKS) for example sounded less like drums than other amps. Like the sound from an expensive drum set compared to a junior one. The pro drum set will have much fuller, rounder sound.

On "Take it Easy" from the same high res box set, the acoustic guitar strumming didn't sound as rich and full as with other amps.

One big caveat to my criticisms above, the only RCA cables I own are of the BestBuy variety. I'm certain a better pair of line level cables would improve tonality.

At the end of the day, the JOB225 hits much higher than its weight category. This is an amp that could easily give amps costing a lot more - a run for their money. Power, slam, great midrange presentation and smooth highs....for $1695....its one of those rare high end bargains. Highly recommended.

P.S. Big thanks to Joe and Norman for turning me on to this great amp. I hope JOB gives you guys an amp for all your efforts....they probably sold half of their last run because of you two guys!
    Mike, the Job sounds really good out of the box, BUT it gets much better after 100 hours, or even 50 hours....it has to shake out those Swiss cobwebs

Part-Time Audiophile
    Out of the box? Much higher level of fit and finish than I would have expected. Sound quality is also something of a surprise. Very rich, full, with completely satisfying extension. That's all I've got so far, but it's been driving my Magnepan 3.7s to thunderous levels since this morning and it's only barely warm to the touch. Looking very much like a keeper.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Super Moderator

I think the new amp runs a little cooler the original amp. Not sure why. I think they sound very close if not the same. I need more time to compare.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I think the new amp runs a little cooler the original amp. Not sure why. I think they sound very close if not the same. I need more time to compare.
    It runs cooler because they added two ice cubes in each amplifier

Quote Originally Posted by Absolare View Post
    Not just any Ice Cubes, but Ice Cubes made out of pure Mineral Water...so it does not pollute the sound

Got mine today...but for now it only acts as a very expensive Paper weight as I am awaiting delivery of my Pre/ DAC / Room Correction DSP / EQ -DSPeaker 2.0- ( Thanks Wisnon)

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Absolare View Post
    Well, we were both pretty moist after our listening session.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Could be 2 reasons..1) the modded grounding scheme and 2) people reported that after break-in, the amp ran cooler. i think JOB runs the new amps for a week before shipping, according to their website.
    NORMAN

[\QUOTE]P.S. Big thanks to Joe and Norman for turning me on to this great amp. I hope JOB gives you guys an amp for all your efforts....they probably sold half of their last run because of you two guys![/QUOTE]
    Haha I thought Joe and Norman worked for Job??
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Aww man, Nils you should had it delivered here and I would have run it in for ya. LoL
    NORMAN

Super Moderator

[\QUOTE]P.S. Big thanks to Joe and Norman for turning me on to this great amp. I hope JOB gives you guys an amp for all your efforts....they probably sold half of their last run because of you two guys!
    Haha I thought Joe and Norman worked for Job?? [/QUOTE]

I would go in a heartbeat!

NAD C 658 streamer.

[\QUOTE]P.S. Big thanks to Joe and Norman for turning me on to this great amp. I hope JOB gives you guys an amp for all your efforts....they probably sold half of their last run because of you two guys!
    Haha I thought Joe and Norman worked for Job?? [/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, No I already have a Job... a REAL day Job.

I only gave them 10 or 11 names...waitaminit that is 25% of the 50 units!
    NORMAN

Any thought as when the next batch will be ready for shipping? They are still letting you add it to the cart and order, though you guys say it is sold out. Wouldn't really want them to sit on a PayPal payment for a length of time.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

JOB 225 2-channel Power Amplifier ... update ...