Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233
Results 1,601 to 1,640 of 1640

Re: JOB 225 2-channel Power Amplifier ... update ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Glynn have you tried stuffing the ports with something like the expanded foam plugs that many subwoofer companies like SVS package with their products. Something similar should be available. If not you can just start with socks. The PMC 22's from either series look like they would do the trick, also if there is a Reynaud dealer anywhere close the Silver Bliss would fit the bill as it is front slotted transmission line book shelf. All of their speakers are front slotted transmission line by design. Another candidate if the sensitivity is not an issue would be the ATC SCM19. Maybe some of the other UK or EU members will pitch in with appropriate models available to you that I would think of.
    Yes did try that and they just sounded awful. I have got some acoustic foam loosely over the ports that help a little. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Glynn1972 View Post
    I agree with you all so thanks for the comments. The Audiolab obviously has a leaner bass so the bass issue wasn't as obvious and is famously well suited to the 20se speakers.
    I took the Job 225 to my local hifi dealer (Zouch Audio in Ashby de la Zouch - UK)
    and tried out a variety of speakers and 3 of them sounded great - Dali Rubicon 6, Proac D20 and Dali Rubicon 2. The Rubicon 2 was my favourite and as a standmounter should work with my room although the rear port could be an issue, also they are 4 ohms so would look at a usb cooling fan on the heat sinks that has been mentioned.
    I want to audition the LS50, Proac D2 and PMC 21and 22 and see how they compare, not sure what else yet.
    Greetings, If you get a chance to audition the ProAc Tablette 10's, which is an enclosed bookshelf and perfect for your room size, they will surprise you. Although the 225 might be too much?
    Just my 2cents.

Cheers,
    Chester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My goodies, changes again, Still modest, but effective...(at least on my level).
    47 Laboratory Midnight Blue 4733, Audiolab 6000CDT, OPPO BDP103, iFi Zen Blue, Sparkler Audio S301B diva. Cabling: RCA, Linn Blacks,
    47 Laboratory 4708 speaker cables. Morrow Audio DIG3 w/KLE Pure Harmony connectors. DH Labs Red Wave A/C power (for the 4733) Yep,that's it. My aim is high, but sometimes I forget to wear my glasses...

Quote Originally Posted by LostnAmerica View Post
    Greetings, If you get a chance to audition the ProAc Tablette 10's, which is an enclosed bookshelf and perfect for your room size, they will surprise you. Although the 225 might be too much?
    Just my 2cents.

Cheers,
    Chester

Thanks Chester,

Yes could be an option, also the Tablette anniversary too.
    Proac do a good variety of bookshelf speakers in this price range including the 118, D2, Db3, 100 etc
    Im determined to get this Job 225 sound at its best!

FYI. Amazon is now selling STA200, a downgrade version of Job 225, at $499. (Edit: just found this is old news.)

STA200 (From Feversound)

Job 225 (From hifipig)

After reading all the reviews available and this forum, I got my Job 225 and Pre2. Thanks to Joeinid (Joe) for answering my questions. These replace my 23 year old Hafler 9303 Transnova power amp and 915 preamp. The new Job components sound great, couldn't be happier. The only gripe I have is the warranty is only for 1 year parts and labor. I think it should be at least 3 years. My question to those who have the Job 225 and Pre 2, any problems with the component since you bought it?

Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator

Congratulations!!!

Welcome to the forum.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Super Moderator

All my Job gear has been rock solid! Never an issue. I really do not think you have to worry. Job has the Goldmund DNA and is a well vetted product. I believe any issue will pop up quickly and get resolved quickly as well.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Is that an SACD of King Crimson? If so, we got to talk...

Quote Originally Posted by LostnAmerica View Post
    Just my 2cents.

Cheers,
    Chester

McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Also, I had a 225 two years ago. I absolutely loved it, but I was just getting back into audio and was at the experimental stage. Now that I have tried a bunch of things, enjoying all the while. I am getting another Goldmund Job 225 amplifier. I am going to use it as a solid state rotation with my Quicksilver amps.

So yea, I think they are a pretty darn good amp. The one I had actually had a Goldmund label right on it (and on the box).
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Now that I have the 225 back in my system I can really appreciate just how amazing this amp is. So much so that I have sold the Quicksilvers, this and the ARC will be my amp rotation. The 225 will probably be the primary at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    Now that I have the 225 back in my system I can really appreciate just how amazing this amp is. So much so that I have sold the Quicksilvers, this and the ARC will be my amp rotation. The 225 will probably be the primary at this point.
    Nice to see how happy you are with the Job, but curious how you would compare it with the First Watt which you were also very enthusiastic about. Enjoy the tunes!

Now there is a good one... the First Watt was excellent, very smooth, very open sounding. With the right speakers it would be almost unbeatable.

The Goldmund is incredibly fast, so it has great impact and dynamics. Percussion, cymbals, etc., maybe unbeatable. Multi-dimesion imaging... and considerably more power, so a better match for my KEFs.

Hi all
    job 225 or intregated amp is class d or class AB?
    thank u
    Ascend Acoustics sierra 2//Modwright KWI 200//Luxman DA-06
    Total dac usb//Transparent usb//Stealth pgs08//Kubala sosna Fascination//Kimber pk10 gold//audience powerchord se//Siltech Ruby hill ii//Vibex one7

Super Moderator

Class AB

Quote Originally Posted by Mahesh View Post
    Hi all
    job 225 or intregated amp is class d or class AB?
    thank u

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thank you Joe
    i will soon buy job intregated
    hope it will be ok with my ascend sierra2
    Total dac usb//Transparent usb//Stealth pgs08//Kubala sosna Fascination//Kimber pk10 gold//audience powerchord se//Siltech Ruby hill ii//Vibex one7

Super Moderator

Congratulations. It's a great time to buy because the INTegrated was updated to have the analog input truly analog, meaning no digital conversion and then back to analog. The Job INTegrated and all the Job gear, in my opinion, is absolutely wonderful.

If these are the specs of the Ascend Sierra 2, you should be fine. As long as you don't crank the heck out of them, it will sound great.

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages...srm2specs.html

Specifications
    Typical In-Room Frequency Response 41Hz - 27kHz ± 3dB
    In-Room Sensitivity 87dB @ 2.83v / 1 meter
    Frequency Response (Anechoic) 46Hz - 38kHz ± 3dB
    Sensitivity (Anechoic) 86dB @ 2.83v / 1 meter
    Impedance Compatibility 8, 6, and 4 ohm rated amps and receivers
    Minimum Impedance 6 ohms
    Minimum Recommended Power 45 watts
    Maximum Continuous Power* 150 watts
    Maximum Short Term Peak Power* 300 watts

Thank you Joe
    i will soon buy job intregated
    hope it will be ok with my ascend sierra2

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thank you Joe for the information

Super Moderator

My pleasure!

Enjoy the Job. They all sound wonderful.

Thank you Joe for the information

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Congratulations. It's a great time to buy because the INTegrated was updated to have the analog input truly analog, meaning no digital conversion and then back to analog.
    Joe, when did Job update the INT? I cannot find any info re the update on their website...

Super Moderator

The update was probably several months ago or more, I forget. The only change was to allow the analog input remain in the analog domain without going through double conversion. I feel it’s a big one because I always felt that the analog input was a little bleached compared to the digital input fed a straight quality digital signal. If you have need for another analog source, then the new one makes the most sense.

Original units can’t be upgraded and since I use a modified Sonos with mine, I’m not so upset because it sounds amazing.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Has Job closed its doors?
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Super Moderator

Yes.

There maybe something in the future, but I believe all operations except repair are over.

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    Has Job closed its doors?

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hello,

I've owned a JOB 225 since 2013 but for the past 3+ years I've been having some serious technical issues. Initially it started with just slight noises from the right channel, which ultimately worsened into really LOUD "pops." Now the amp won't even turn on. Interestingly, when it was operational the popping sounds stopped after 20 minutes or so.

Does anyone know any reputable repair options in the NYC area? I'm even considering sending the amp board to Switzerland... It will be expensive but considering the cost of something equivalent, I think it might be worthwhile still.

Thank you in advance.

Les

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Les, thank you for joining.

Send an email to service@jobsys.com

They should be able to help.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hi all,

I have Job 225 coming next week. I am very late to the party I know.
    With Job Systems being shut it's a bit of a gamble but having read about this amp, when I saw a classified for £700 I just pulled the trigger.

I am actually putting together a system for the first time and I have a few questions.

Attenuation and preamp matching
    I will be driving the Job 225 from the RCA pre out of an RME ADI2 DAC. To deal with the high gain I am able to set the reference level output to -5dBu (the default is +7dBu or 1.73 VRMS). Do I still need attenuators from Rothwell audio? If yes, is 10db enough or will I need more? I plan to order the Rothwell River interconnects with Switchcraft plugs.

RME specs:
    Analog Outputs

XLR

• Output level switchable +19 dBu, +13 dBu, +7 dBu, +1 dBu @ 0 dBFS
    • Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ +7/+13/+19 dBu: 117 dB RMS unweighted, 120 dBA
    • Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ +1 dBu: 115,4 dB RMS unweighted, 118,9 dBA
    • Frequency response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.1 dB: 0 Hz – 20.2 kHz
    • Frequency response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 0 Hz – 44.9 kHz
    • Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 0 Hz – 88 kHz
    • Frequency response @ 384 kHz, -1 dB: 0 Hz – 115 kHz
    • Frequency response @ 768 kHz, -3 dB: 0 Hz – 109 kHz
    • THD @ -1 dBFS: -112 dB, 0.00025 %
    • THD+N @ -1 dBFS: -110 dB, 0.00032 %
    • THD @ -3 dBFS: -116 dB, 0.00016 %
    • Channel separation: > 120 dB
    • Output impedance: 200 Ohm balanced, 100 Ohm unbalanced

Chinch
    As output XLR, but:

• Output: 6.3 mm TS jack, unbalanced
    • Output level 6 dB lower than XLR (-5 dBu to +13 dBu @ 0 dBFS)
    • Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ +13 dBu: 117 dB RMS unweighted, 120 dBA
    • Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ +1/+7 dBu: 114/116 dB RMS unweighted, 117/119 dBA
    • Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ -5 dBu: 109 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA

Power cord matching
    The general consensus among reviewers seems to be that an aftermarket power cord makes a substantial difference. Can anyone confirm this is the case? If so, what cords are a good match?
    I am keen on a Oyaide GPXe v2, but given the price I want to be sure of the benefits.

Fuse swap
    I came across a review which suggests to swap the stock fuse with a Telos QBT-18.Has anyone tried this? What is the stock fuse and which specifications should I order if I want to replace it?

Manual
    I do not have a copy of the manual. Does anyone have one in PDF and can PM it to me?

Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for joining.

Quote Originally Posted by applecross View Post
    Hi all,

I have Job 225 coming next week. I am very late to the party I know.
    With Job Systems being shut it's a bit of a gamble but having read about this amp, when I saw a classified for £700 I just pulled the trigger.

I am actually putting together a system for the first time and I have a few questions.

Attenuation and preamp matching
    I will be driving the Job 225 from the RCA pre out of an RME ADI2 DAC. To deal with the high gain I am able to set the reference level output to -5dBu (the default is +7dBu or 1.73 VRMS). Do I still need attenuators from Rothwell audio? If yes, is 10db enough or will I need more? I plan to order the Rothwell River interconnects with Switchcraft plugs.

RME specs:
    Analog Outputs

XLR

• Output level switchable +19 dBu, +13 dBu, +7 dBu, +1 dBu @ 0 dBFS
    • Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ +7/+13/+19 dBu: 117 dB RMS unweighted, 120 dBA
    • Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ +1 dBu: 115,4 dB RMS unweighted, 118,9 dBA
    • Frequency response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.1 dB: 0 Hz – 20.2 kHz
    • Frequency response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 0 Hz – 44.9 kHz
    • Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 0 Hz – 88 kHz
    • Frequency response @ 384 kHz, -1 dB: 0 Hz – 115 kHz
    • Frequency response @ 768 kHz, -3 dB: 0 Hz – 109 kHz
    • THD @ -1 dBFS: -112 dB, 0.00025 %
    • THD+N @ -1 dBFS: -110 dB, 0.00032 %
    • THD @ -3 dBFS: -116 dB, 0.00016 %
    • Channel separation: > 120 dB
    • Output impedance: 200 Ohm balanced, 100 Ohm unbalanced

Chinch
    As output XLR, but:

• Output: 6.3 mm TS jack, unbalanced
    • Output level 6 dB lower than XLR (-5 dBu to +13 dBu @ 0 dBFS)
    • Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ +13 dBu: 117 dB RMS unweighted, 120 dBA
    • Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ +1/+7 dBu: 114/116 dB RMS unweighted, 117/119 dBA
    • Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ -5 dBu: 109 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA

Power cord matching
    The general consensus among reviewers seems to be that an aftermarket power cord makes a substantial difference. Can anyone confirm this is the case? If so, what cords are a good match?
    I am keen on a Oyaide GPXe v2, but given the price I want to be sure of the benefits.

Fuse swap
    I came across a review which suggests to swap the stock fuse with a Telos QBT-18.Has anyone tried this? What is the stock fuse and which specifications should I order if I want to replace it?

Manual
    I do not have a copy of the manual. Does anyone have one in PDF and can PM it to me?

Thanks in advance!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thank you!

Bumping thread again if anyone can answer my questions.

I also have an additional one: I have my eyes on a SL Audio e112 sub-woofer that has line in and line out, via an internal Linkwitz–Riley cross over.
    Given the Job's sensitivity would it be possible to have the set up as PREAMP > SUB CROSSOVER > JOB 225?

I have had the Job 225 amplifier a couple times. I always felt it was a great little amp, a real bargain. When I have had it I used Rothwell's with it which seemed to help.

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    I have had the Job 225 amplifier a couple times. I always felt it was a great little amp, a real bargain. When I have had it I used Rothwell's with it which seemed to help.
    Hello Randy,

I think I will order the River interconnects and the attenuators. Just to be sure!

I've owned both the Job 225 and it's sibling the Nuforce STA-200 which is even more sensitive. Looking at the options available for gain using the RCA (Cinch) connections you should have no problem finding one of the available settings that will work without the Rothwells. In fact all of them should work except the highest one.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Not mine, but an interesting offer: Goldmund Job 225 + pre
    € 1.600,00
    http://link.marktplaats.nl/m14831472...=socialbuttons

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-H870 met Tapatalk
    Synology DS112 - microRendu + LPS-1 - Job INTegrated - Penaudio Cenya

Too bad that Goldmund has decided to stop producing the Job amplifiers. They are darn good amplifiers and a great value.

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Hi all again,

I finally received the Amp.
    The speakers are getting delivered tomorrow so I cannot test it yet.

However the power LED is not turning on when I flip the switch.
    I do hear the relay switch.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? Could the led have come loose during transport?

Kind Regards,
    Adriano

Super Moderator

Adriano

Maybe you could open up the amp and see if the LED light is hooked up. Maybe the connection came loose.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Adriano

Maybe you could open up the amp and see if the LED light is hooked up. Maybe the connection came loose.
    Hello joeinid,

I will try that tomorrow. I do not have the right allen key right now. I know nothing about electronics but I should be able to figure out if a wire came loose.

Thank you

Super Moderator

Yes, you should be able to see if it's connected or a wire is loose. Just a thought. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by applecross View Post
    Hello joeinid,

I will try that tomorrow. I do not have the right allen key right now. I know nothing about electronics but I should be able to figure out if a wire came loose.

Thank you

NAD C 658 streamer.

Yes, you should be able to see if it's connected or a wire is loose. Just a thought. Good luck!
    Good news. It was indeed the LED that had come loose. No issue with the wires, just the glue that holds the LED in place got unstuck.
    I placed the LED back for now but I am not sure how to glue it back on. What kind of glue can be used inside an amp?

The Job225 sound great for now. I have not set up my system as I am about to move into a new flat.

I will experiment with power cables and the fuse swap and report back.

Super Moderator

Congratulations!

So there was glue that held the light in place and it came loose? Maybe to make it easy, just use a piece of black electrical tape and stick it on or get an epoxy glue. Epoxy glue usually comes in a 2 part mix. Some are slow working and some are fast working. I’m sure you only need a dot of glue. Something called Duco cement which is a clear liquid should work too. Ask your local supply store.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Could anyone point me to a person/business in the U.S. that could repair the Job equipment? I have a JobInt that has a burnt Mosfet, and don't want to ship it back to Goldmund, if possible. Thanks,

Super Moderator

Please try and contact service@jobsys.com

They might be able to point you in the right direction. Sorry you are having problems.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

JOB 225 2-channel Power Amplifier ... update ...