Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Re: Axpona 2017 Official Pictures & Report Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If he couldn't get into the Magico S3 room, I assure you it was when they were playing vinyl or digital. Peter and Dave did an amazing job with the vinyl and digital and when they were in control of the sources, the room was PACKED. I couldn't even get near the doorway.

The tape cleared the room. It was boring as heck recordings and didn't sound good. I swear that deck needs an overhaul. The guy running the R2R is a nice guy, but I didn't care for the music he recorded nor the deck (and by observation, not many did either).

As for CH, it wasn't the best pairing I've heard with Magico. But Melbguy1 has already alluded to that.
    I heard the tape once (a recording of piano and harmonica) and it sounded great. Others thought so too. What did you hear there that you didn't like?
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    I heard the tape once (a recording of piano and harmonica) and it sounded great. Others thought so too. What did you hear there that you didn't like?
    Every time I heard it, it was very soft and boring. Violin with a piano. Just not my thing I guess. But when Peter played vinyl/digital it was awesome.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    I disagree - these dealers and manufacturers use the same room every year. They should know the flaws and design a system to sound good. Look at the proliferation of room treatment these days vs. 5 years ago. Many still avoid it. Everybody has the same power issues. I know a dealer who spends a half day on just Rockport speaker placement at Newport - how many go to the same trouble?

Jason's opinion comes from his base Wilson/Pass system at home - which many wouldn't like, so its just one man's perspective. This is a bit more critical than he usually is (and nobody commented on his criticisms the past few years), but tbh confirmed several of my thoughts at other shows.
    What you are really bashing is the hotel room and the setup skills employed in a hotel room. My only point is it doesn't do any good to bash the gear after you walk into a hotel room and don't like the sound. I don't sugarcoat anything I hear at rooms and talk about how great something sounded if it sounded like crap to me. I just don't say anything about bad sounding rooms. Are you really going to steer clear of any gear that some person heard at a show and trashed it without knowing what the real culprit was? I take it all with a grain of salt. And besides, some of the rooms at Axpona that some people were raving about and named "best of show" didn't thrill me.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Which rooms were those MEP ..???

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    What you are really bashing is the hotel room and the setup skills employed in a hotel room.
    The latter yes, the former, no. The rooms on the upper floors are for the most part identical. You hear good/great sound in one, then go next door and hear poor sound, it isn't "the room". Setup...or maybe just poor speakers/electronics.
    Actually, much of what he describes doesn't sound like room issues at all. Maybe he just wasn't feeling it. One room sounded great...then bad.
    Hard to say what the heck was going on there, but if that is what he heard, then say it.

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Which rooms were those MEP ..???
    I will tell you after you post pictures of your system.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    The latter yes, the former, no. The rooms on the upper floors are for the most part identical. You hear good/great sound in one, then go next door and hear poor sound, it isn't "the room". Setup...or maybe just poor speakers/electronics.
    Actually, much of what he describes doesn't sound like room issues at all. Maybe he just wasn't feeling it. One room sounded great...then bad.
    Hard to say what the heck was going on there, but if that is what he heard, then say it.
    In the grand scheme of things, what is the value of that information? Zilch in my opinion. How many speakers on the market that people want to hear when they go to a high-end show were designed for the size of a typical hotel room? Horses for courses as they say, but in the case of high-end shows, people are trying to cram 6F, 7F, 8F, and 1 1/8M horses into the same size "course." You would never do that at home in your own listening room and yet people expect to see that at shows and act amazed when the sound is less than optimum. But what the hell, let's trash all the gear in the room and rule it out because some people didn't like the way it performed in a hotel room.

Audioshark

For the record, I've seen AJ at many shows. The best speakers he's ever made that I've heard were the model he demoed for us one year at a local audiophiles (I think he was giving that demo pair to his brother).

What I find interesting is a pattern. I noticed that certain speakers always sound good/great from show to show to show. Some years they are in a big room, other years, they are in a small room. But they always manage to get good to great sound.

Subsequently, I noticed other speakers rarely produce a decent sound at a show whether they are in a big room or a small room.

Show in, show out, you can start to get a basic idea. If a hotel room is a hostile environment and the speakers you are considering sound good to great consistently, well, then chances are they may work well in your room. No guarantees, but you get the point. And the reverse is true.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

For the record, I've seen AJ at many shows. The best speakers he's ever made that I've heard were the model he demoed for us one year at a local audiophiles (I think he was giving that demo pair to his brother).

What I find interesting is a pattern. I noticed that certain speakers always sound good/great from show to show to show. Some years they are in a big room, other years, they are in a small room. But they always manage to get good to great sound.

Subsequently, I noticed other speakers rarely produce a decent sound at a show whether they are in a big room or a small room.

Show in, show out, you can start to get a basic idea. If a hotel room is a hostile environment and the speakers you are considering sound good to great consistently, well, then chances are they may work well in your room. No guarantees, but you get the point. And the reverse is true.
    I only asked because if he likes to see people get wire-brushed in public, I would be happy to oblige him if it was warranted after listening to his speakers. Your last point is what I said earlier, if something sounds great at a show, it should sound better at your house.

I will tell you after you post pictures of your system.
    Ok, inhale and hold, I will be right back ...

In the grand scheme of things, what is the value of that information? Zilch in my opinion. .
    I do agree , It's Zilch for me when i see your reviews .............

BTW MEP, any info on the TT tango ....

BTW MEP, any info on the TT tango ....
    Like you care?

I only asked because if he likes to see people get wire-brushed in public, I would be happy to oblige him if it was warranted after listening to his speakers.
    Reviewers must have a penchant for hyperbole.
    I didn't "like" anything such, except Jason expressing what he heard, good or bad. Maybe I just like honesty, rather than pretense.
    If you as a reviewer can't say a bad word about anyone/thing in industry, especially at an audio show(!), might as well be a cheerleader.

Reviewers must have a penchant for hyperbole.
    I didn't "like" anything such, except Jason expressing what he heard, good or bad. Maybe I just like honesty, rather than pretense.
    If you as a reviewer can't say a bad word about anyone/thing in industry, especially at an audio show(!), might as well be a cheerleader.
    Audio shows are the worst place to get out your knife out and start carving for all the reasons I stated. If you read my reviews you can form your own opinion.

Well, if you can't say anything bad even when you hear what might be to your ears, "bad" sound at an audio show, I think I'll skip.
    I'd rather read stuff by folks like Jason, or Mike, etc., who aren't afraid to express what they hear, at least to them.
    Others are free to disagree.

Since you listen to mostly clipped dynamics MEP how do you expect anyone to take your product reviews seriously.

Btw, what amp does Karl use with his NOLA setup ..??

Anyway , Im really surprised Myles never mentioned this to you when you were in training, Myles has become very sensitive to Dynamic clipping , especially after acquiring Big power for his Magico's...

Well, if you can't say anything bad even when you hear what might be to your ears, "bad" sound at an audio show, I think I'll skip.
    I'd rather read stuff by folks like Jason, or Mike, etc., who aren't afraid to express what they hear, at least to them.
    Others are free to disagree.
    You keep assuming I never say anything negative.

Mep , Show AJ your Pom Poms .....

You keep assuming I never say anything negative.

I'm assuming he missed your previous 2927 posts ....

Since you listen to mostly clipped dynamics MEP how do you expect anyone to take your product reviews seriously.

Anyway , Im really surprised Myles never mentioned this to you when you were in training, Myles has become very sensitive to Dynamic clipping , especially after acquiring Big power for his Magico's...
    How many times have I told you that Carl used the Ref 75 with the Nola KOs first with KT120 tubes and then with KT150 tubes? As for clipping all the time, how loud do you listen? Let's do some quick math with the Nola KO speakers rated at 90dB sensitivity:

90dB = 1 watt
    93dB = 2 watts
    96dB = 4 watts
    99dB = 8 watts
    102dB = 16 watts
    105dB = 32 watts
    108dB = 64 watts

108 dB is not a safe average loundness level to listen to and that is less than the RMS output of my amp. The Ref 75 has a beefy power supply that stores 520 Joules. That amount of current reserve will help you ride out crest peaks you love to talk about. Clipping is not an issue in my room which has a very low ambient noise floor and is 9' underground in a room with no windows or doors to outside. Just thick poured concrete walls insulated on the outside and in. You really have no business passing judgement on a system you have never heard. But that is the kind of guy you are.

Well i can agree if you throw away the science you can make up anything, as you just did ..

Try it again with a little credibility, Like listening distance ,(instead of using 1M ) 87db (1W) instead of 90db (2watt) sensitivity (its a 4 ohm speaker) , so while i can believe you about the system sounding good with the ref75, ( it's a great sounding amplifier) Im confident your squashing Karls hard work ...

Btw sensitivity ratings were off a bit here too

http://www.stereophile.com/content/n...8w2UP8tRLS5.97

just saying ...

I have also heard the KO's being driven by big McIntosh monobloc toob amps and i can assure you on the Patricia Barber recording that was being played they were using way more than 200 watts/ ch on peaks..

Get your facts right first before you try and use me to ridicule Mark. I had the cj ART amps long before the Magicos took up residence in my system. The amps, in fact, had little to do with what my system's dynamic range at that time either. Then later on after that Magicos arrived, it was the addition of the Doshi phonostage that allowed me to harness what the table and cartridge were capable of doing as well the tape front end that now includes the Doshi Tapestage, FM heads running balanced out and a totally tricked out Technics deck.
    Myles B. Astor, Senior Editor, PF, www.positive-feedback.com
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Goldmund Telos 1000 Nextgen mono amplifiers, Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier, Doshi Audio EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostages, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

Well i can agree if you throw away the science you can make up anything, as you just did ..

Try it again with a little credibility, Like listening distance ,(instead of using 1M ) 87db (1W) instead of 90db (2watt) sensitivity (its a 4 ohm speaker) , so while i can believe you about the system sounding good with the ref75, ( it's a great sounding amplifier) Im confident your squashing Karls hard work ...

Btw sensitivity ratings were off a bit here too

http://www.stereophile.com/content/n...8w2UP8tRLS5.97

just saying ...

I have also heard the KO's being driven by big McIntosh monobloc toob amps and i can assure you on the Patricia Barber recording that was being played they were using way more than 200 watts/ ch on peaks..
    You do realize you posted the graphs for the wrong Nola speaker right? The KO is a 90dB sensitivity speaker and Carl specifically wants it run off the 8 ohm tap.

I think I figured out why you love to talk about crest factors so much. Aren't you a salesman for home theater gear in Florida? When you sell home theater gear to people who are trying to reproduce gun battles, cannons, bombs, and car wrecks with their systems at insanely high levels, it's really important to have lots of watts at your disposal. That probably helps explain your love for arc welder SS power amps and why you love to talk about crest factors. Listening to one bomb drop after another is going to bring up the average power requirements quite high. Listening to music that is is averaging less than 4 watts of average power is quite something different.

Maybe I understand now why you don't want to show pictures of your stereo system even though you are constantly crapping on other people's gear. You probably don't even have a stereo system, you have a home theater system because that is what you sell. You like to listen to train wrecks while trying to cause them on forums.

Axpona 2017 Official Pictures & Report Thread

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

Just some random shots I hadn't uploaded yet.

PS. Hi Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speakers - Magico S5mk2 Integrated - Vitus SIA-025 Analog - Vpi Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Digital - Lumin A1
    Power - Shunyata Denali 6000S/Alpha HC/Alpha Digital Cables - Kimber KS-6063/Nordost Frey IC

What you are really bashing is the hotel room and the setup skills employed in a hotel room. My only point is it doesn't do any good to bash the gear after you walk into a hotel room and don't like the sound. I don't sugarcoat anything I hear at rooms and talk about how great something sounded if it sounded like crap to me. I just don't say anything about bad sounding rooms. Are you really going to steer clear of any gear that some person heard at a show and trashed it without knowing what the real culprit was? I take it all with a grain of salt. And besides, some of the rooms at Axpona that some people were raving about and named "best of show" didn't thrill me.
    In some ways, you are making the old Peter B argument - we can agree to disagree.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    In some ways, you are making the old Peter B argument - we can agree to disagree.
    I hope not. So you walk into a hotel room and you sit down to "listen" to a bunch of unfamiliar gear in what has to be an unfamiliar system shoved into a hotel room and now you are qualified to pass judgment on all the pieces of gear that made up the system you tried to listen to while other people were in the room yammering? Which is more effort than some people put into "listening" to a room before they pass judgement. I think I remember the big kerfuffle that happened on another forum was based on a member who went to an audio show in CA and passed judgment on a room that he never entered let alone sat down and tried to listen to. He got called out by other people who knew him and saw him at the show stick his head in the door for 15 seconds in the room that he later slammed on the internet.

So you walk into a hotel room and you sit down to "listen" to a bunch of unfamiliar gear in what has to be an unfamiliar system shoved into a hotel room and now you are qualified to pass judgment on all the pieces of gear that made up the system you tried to listen to while other people were in the room yammering?
    So all show reports are useless.

So all show reports are useless.
    I didn't say that. People love to see the pictures of the gear and some rooms do pull off really good sound. That's why I have said numerous times that if you hear something sound really good at a show, chances are good it will sound even better at your house unless your room is worse than a hotel room. The flip side of that is you can't really make the same judgment in reverse for the many rooms with bad sound.

I didn't say that.
    That is exactly what you said.
    So you walk into a hotel room and you sit down to "listen" to a bunch of unfamiliar gear in what has to be an unfamiliar system shoved into a hotel room and now you are qualified to pass judgment on all the pieces of gear that made up the system you tried to listen to while other people were in the room yammering?
    No one is qualified to pass judgement on show rooms. Now you seem to be adding the caveat..unless it "sounds good" (to you we assume)

Having done a few shows in the US now, and a few in Brazil as well, I think I can chime in on this topic...

See, a hotel room is not that different from a person's living room. Sure, sizes differ, and the challenges, while different, are just as present. I mean, it's much tougher to deal with a system that must be placed in a living room, off-center, with completely asymmetrical room layouts, than in a reasonably proportioned hotel room.

Also, you can COUNT on electricity in the hotel being of the worst kind, so we always come prepared. PS Audio has saved our bacon many times, with the P10. While it does chop off a bit of dynamics, the stability you gain by using it in a hotel setup far outweights the negatives, specially with tube gear.

It was clear that this year's AXPONA pushed the reviewers to the max, with barely enough time for proper listening. Perhaps an extra day is in order, or a better arrangement to accomodate the reviewer's visits.

cheers,
    alex

Audioshark

Well said Alex. I agree. Axpona needs a "press/industry only" on Thursday IMO, they could even add the ability to schedule listening sessions on that day so everyone can plan out their day.

Yeah... They tried to do something like that at THE Show, but it was so badly communicated, that literally nobody knew about it, not even the exhibitors themselves, let alone the press... It was common to see folks still putting their systems together on Thursday, while we had ours ready to go

Well said Alex. I agree. Axpona needs a "press/industry only" on Thursday IMO, they could even add the ability to schedule listening sessions on that day so everyone can plan out their day.

Mike, can I be your "plus one"

Speakers - Magico S5mk2 Integrated - Vitus SIA-025 Analog - Vpi Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Digital - Lumin A1
    Power - Shunyata Denali 6000S/Alpha HC/Alpha Digital Cables - Kimber KS-6063/Nordost Frey IC

Audioshark

Sure. Your pictures are 9000 times better than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by asiufy View Post
    It was clear that this year's AXPONA pushed the reviewers to the max, with barely enough time for proper listening. Perhaps an extra day is in order, or a better arrangement to accomodate the reviewer's visits.
    Agree. The "logic" that it's the rooms to blame for bad sound completely unravels when identical rooms on the same floor have "good" sound.
    I think it's entirely possible by late Sunday (I may have mistakenly posted Sat previously), Jasons ears had had enough.
    That is the fragility and variability of human perceptions. Take with grain of salt.
    Or better yet, experience it and judge for yourself.

cheers,

AJ

After years of attending numerous shows and extensive listening in dealer showrooms I've developed an approach I use to form what I consider are reasonably valid conclusions. Since there are many possible limitations on the performance of a system in any given environment (room dimensions, power quality, setup, cabling, and the equipment itself) I try to limit my assessments to positive impressions formed. Further I only consider that each piece of the system being evaluated is capable of at a minimum the level of performance that I experience. Any part of the system may be capable of significantly better performance in a better room, with better setup, power, cabling, or other related gear, but I know it's at least capable of what I actually experienced. I try to not draw negative impressions since in a better system each piece of gear would likely perform better. It's hard to do this since it's an audiophile's nature to condemn whatever we hear that sounds bad, but I don't think that always results in fair and logically based conclusions. YMMV generally applies.

Agree. The "logic" that it's the rooms to blame for bad sound completely unravels when identical rooms on the same floor have "good" sound.
    I think it's entirely possible by late Sunday (I may have mistakenly posted Sat previously), Jasons ears had had enough.
    That is the fragility and variability of human perceptions. Take with grain of salt.
    Or better yet, experience it and judge for yourself.

cheers,

AJ
    Yes, you're on to something here
    This might be related to the reason ABX test results normally don't correlate to our listening impressions. When you're doing ABX testing, or going from room to room at a show to actually do a report for your "work", you're put under stress to do a specific thing. And that thing is not exactly listen to music, but to nitpick and try to find fault/differences. And frankly, that shouldn't be the goal of this hobby.
    We evaluate *anything*, not only audio gear, if we're relaxed and put in a state where we can take it in as a whole, instead of having to find fault with this or that.

Munich does press and trade only days, opening up to the public on the last 3 days

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    After years of attending numerous shows and extensive listening in dealer showrooms I've developed an approach I use to form what I consider are reasonably valid conclusions. Since there are many possible limitations on the performance of a system in any given environment (room dimensions, power quality, setup, cabling, and the equipment itself) I try to limit my assessments to positive impressions formed. Further I only consider that each piece of the system being evaluated is capable of at a minimum the level of performance that I experience. Any part of the system may be capable of significantly better performance in a better room, with better setup, power, cabling, or other related gear, but I know it's at least capable of what I actually experienced. I try to not draw negative impressions since in a better system each piece of gear would likely perform better. It's hard to do this since it's an audiophile's nature to condemn whatever we hear that sounds bad, but I don't think that always results in fair and logically based conclusions. YMMV generally applies.
    I agree, I have heard equipment I thought negative in shows sound much better outside. If I heard something good at shows, it generally sounded better in proper set up. So yeah, don't want to judge negatively on shows but I find it a bit silly when industry spend so much money on the gear and not on setting it up right. At Munich, there is too much glass and rooms are many a times thin, causing bass loss. Some rooms are different from other rooms. There are small offsite rooms which actually have better conditions

There is no excuse for bad sound at any show , rooms are being setup by professionals not weekend audio warriors.

With a really bad room , best to do static display, a pole, stripper, strobe lights and make sure enuff brochures..

Regards

With a really bad room , best to do static display, a pole, stripper, strobe lights and make sure enuff brochures..
    Or turn it into an MMA ring for reviewers

Wow, the Von Schweikert room hit the ball outta the park!!!! AVshowrooms.com

VAC/Von Schweikert Audio with The Kronos turntable and the SCPS-1, MasterBuilt Audio and ASC TubeTraps: Words cannot express what I felt when listening to Roger Waters “Amused to Death” on this system with the ULTRA 11 Von Schweikert loudspeakers. It is the best of show. It is the best of any room at any show I’ve ever attended and I have been in thousands of exhibit rooms over the years. The experience was otherworldly. The sound was big and detailed – organic; the room had a heartbeat except there was no room, everything disappeared, like having the best seat in the house at a venue with excellent acoustics. I’m usually not a big fan of large loudspeakers at shows because they are very hard to set-up properly in a less than adequate environment with little time to get things right, but this was an achievement of the first order. Damon, Kevin, Leif, Art, Kronos and MasterBuilt take a bow to yet another round of applause for providing us listeners with only the very best.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Wow, the Von Schweikert room hit the ball outta the park!!!! AVshowrooms.com

VAC/Von Schweikert Audio with The Kronos turntable and the SCPS-1, MasterBuilt Audio and ASC TubeTraps: Words cannot express what I felt when listening to Roger Waters “Amused to Death” on this system with the ULTRA 11 Von Schweikert loudspeakers. It is the best of show. It is the best of any room at any show I’ve ever attended and I have been in thousands of exhibit rooms over the years. The experience was otherworldly. The sound was big and detailed – organic; the room had a heartbeat except there was no room, everything disappeared, like having the best seat in the house at a venue with excellent acoustics. I’m usually not a big fan of large loudspeakers at shows because they are very hard to set-up properly in a less than adequate environment with little time to get things right, but this was an achievement of the first order. Damon, Kevin, Leif, Art, Kronos and MasterBuilt take a bow to yet another round of applause for providing us listeners with only the very best.
    Norm, I heard those speakers weigh in at 900 lbs ea, talking about getting the placement right the first time
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

LoL
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Axpona 2017 Official Pictures & Report Thread