Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Triton v2 to v3 upgrade

Last week I sent my HT Triton v2 in for the v3 upgrade. The idea being that when it comes back I will install it in my stereo, and then send the stereo Triton v2 in for the upgrade. In the interim, the HT is using a Hydra AV v1, which was there before I bought the Triton.

Anyway, the Tv3 is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, which means I will be able to evaluate it that night. I have my fingers crossed, and hope for the best. The Tv1 to v2 was amazingly obvious, so that is my standard. To just sit here and go, 'This is amazing.'

I haven't been disappointed yet with Shunyata, and don't expect to be tomorrow, so stay tuned.

On other forums, some would jump in and accuse me of expectation bias, but fortunately they do not appear vocal here.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Re: Triton v2 to v3 upgrade

Bud - Eagerly awaiting your opinion and observations. I have a V2 and considering a V3 upgrade.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Also keen to hear your thoughts, upgrade pending...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Mine arrives from Shunyata, on Tuesday.
    While I don't doubt doubt it will be technically improved, I wonder if I'll actually notice a difference since everything sounded great to begin with.
    Christian

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest & Iconoclast interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D-10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

Exactly. I have the same thoughts. Mine just arrived so I need to install it, and let it settle in until tonight. I sure hope the neighborhood is quiet tonight.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

I installed the Tv3 and let everything settle in for 45 minutes since some gear was off about 10 minutes. The Tv3 is used for the preamp, Lumin, SACD player, and Typhon. Additionally, each item, except SACD, has a chassis ground cable to the Tv3. While swapping I realized the Lumin ground was not attached, so I reattached it. Now I will not know if any improvement is from the Tv3, or the Lumin ground.

I am using my playlist of women singers (Holly Cole, Diana Krall, Nora Jones, Patricia Barber, and others) at the moment. I have found these to be some of the best sounding music I have. Plus they use all the drivers, and some have great, clear, precise bass.

The very initial impression is that indeed there is a deeper, darker background along with clearer, distinct vocals. The first track that came up on random play was Holly Cole, and her inhaling popped out. Maybe that was there before, but it certainly caught my attention this time. Nora Jones just finished Happy Pills, and the bass was just there. Shelby Lynn, How Can I Be Sure, is playing now, and the quitar in the left speaker is just real. Pick those strings.

Anyway, after tonight gets here, the air cools down, the background noise goes away, and I close all the doors and windows I will be able to really judge this upgrade.

The Tv2 I swapped out is now ready to go back for its upgrade.

One point I forgot is it came back with new feet. I checked the Shunyata Tv3 upgrade page, and it doesn't mention the feet. I'm not sure if these are for vibration control, or just feet. If Grant or Caelin are reading this maybe they can comment. Otherwise, I will post on other sites and find out.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Krall, Nora, and Barber? Come on Bud, I know you can find better, more recent stuff
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Any suggestions? Always on the outlook for new music in genres I like. Tonight will be Rock And Roll, and toasting Chuck Berry. RIP Chuck.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    I installed the Tv3 and let everything settle in for 45 minutes since some gear was off about 10 minutes. The Tv3 is used for the preamp, Lumin, SACD player, and Typhon. Additionally, each item, except SACD, has a chassis ground cable to the Tv3. While swapping I realized the Lumin ground was not attached, so I reattached it. Now I will not know if any improvement is from the Tv3, or the Lumin ground.

I am using my playlist of women singers (Holly Cole, Diana Krall, Nora Jones, Patricia Barber, and others) at the moment. I have found these to be some of the best sounding music I have. Plus they use all the drivers, and some have great, clear, precise bass.

The very initial impression is that indeed there is a deeper, darker background along with clearer, distinct vocals. The first track that came up on random play was Holly Cole, and her inhaling popped out. Maybe that was there before, but it certainly caught my attention this time. Nora Jones just finished Happy Pills, and the bass was just there. Shelby Lynn, How Can I Be Sure, is playing now, and the quitar in the left speaker is just real. Pick those strings.

Anyway, after tonight gets here, the air cools down, the background noise goes away, and I close all the doors and windows I will be able to really judge this upgrade.

The Tv2 I swapped out is now ready to go back for its upgrade.

One point I forgot is it came back with new feet. I checked the Shunyata Tv3 upgrade page, and it doesn't mention the feet. I'm not sure if these are for vibration control, or just feet. If Grant or Caelin are reading this maybe they can comment. Otherwise, I will post on other sites and find out.

The Shunyata feet are part of the upgrade unless they were purchased with your V2, originally. As I recall, it's about a $200 deduction if you already had the feet.
    Christian

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest & Iconoclast interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D-10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

I am pretty sure these feet were not on my new Tv2. I removed them and added spikes since it was on the floor of my HT, and I removed the spikes before returning it. These are some pretty heavy duty feet.

I just did an interesting experiment. The resolution appears a bit louder now at my usual volume setting. So I turned the volume to 0, and then bumped it to 1. I am able to hear and understand the music seven feet away in my chair. I never tried that before so I can't say if this is an improvement, but the resolution of this stereo amazes me.

Now to spend the rest of the night evaluating my Tv3.

IMG_1516.JPG
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Last week I sent my Triton v2 in to Shunyata for the v3 upgrade. This adds the new technology in the Denali line to the Triton, thus restoring the Triton to its position as the king of power conditioners. This link provides the details on the upgrade.

http://www.shunyata.com/index.php/su...pgrade-program

I was curious if there would be much improvement since my current power is already at a very high level of having both clean power, and able to provide as much instantaneous current as my gear needs. Plus, I was also interested in the new Denali technology, and this was an 'inexpensive' way to experience it.

Anyway, the Triton v3 arrived this morning (Saturday), and it has been playing since early afternoon. Now that it is nighttime, the house is sealed, and the outside ambient noise has dropped, I can unequivocally state, this is GREAT. The Tv2 to Tv3 upgrade did not produce the same jaw dropping experience as did the Tv1 to Tv2 upgrade, but that is because the system is already at such a high resolution level with clean power.

What this upgrade does is bring out even more low level resolution details in the music, and I play the music now at a lower average volume level setting, but with the same impact as before.

Earlier today, I installed the Tv3 and let everything settle in for 45 minutes since some gear was off about 10 minutes. The Tv3 is used for the preamp, file player, SACD player, and Typhon. Additionally, each item, except SACD, has a chassis ground cable to the Tv3. While swapping I realized the Lumin ground was not attached, so I reattached it. Now I will not know if any improvement is from the Tv3, or the Lumin ground.

I started the evaluation using my playlist of women singers; Holly Cole, Diana Krall, Nora Jones, Patricia Barber, and others. I have found these to be some of the best recorded and sounding music I have. Plus they use all the drivers, and some have great, clear, precise bass.

At that time, the very initial impression was that there is a deeper, darker background along with clearer, distinct vocals. The first track that came up on random play was Holly Cole, and her inhaling while singing just popped out. Maybe that was there before, but it certainly caught my attention this time. Nora Jones finished Happy Pills, and the bass was just there. Shelby Lynn, How Can I Be Sure, played, and the quitar in the left speaker is just real. Pick those strings.

Now at 9 PM I am using a playlist of my two favorite women singers; Lady Gaga and Marilyn Manson. They both do a great job of using all the drivers, and MM songs have interesting electronic sound effects in some songs. The problem is you don't hear these effects until you get high resolution from the stereo. I am really hearing them now, and constantly going, 'Where did that come from.' LOL

Lady Gaga, on the other hand, just has good songs, and I am getting more pleasure now from them than before. Even songs that I didn't really like have moved up a notch in the enjoyment category.

For $2K this is a great upgrade. It's nice to get a big improvement for such a modest price. I can't believe I just said that.

One area I am curious about is the feet on the Tv3. The website doesn't mention them, and I am wondering if they have vibration control capability.

Once again, I am just impressed with Shunyata technology. My experience with Shunyata started around 7 years or so ago when I bought two Venom power cables for my Cambridge Audio 840W amps. That was such an improvement that I bought two Python CX cables a few weeks later, and haven't looked back yet.

I cannot recommend enough their products.

Now it is time to return my other Tv2 for the v3 upgrade. I sure hope they decide to offer a Cyclop upgrade to v3. My amps are feeling like second class citizens at this point.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Just pulled the trigger on the upgrade, let's see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

I'll be sending mine as well. Thanks for sharing your impressions Bud!

i have yet to see or read of any comments highlighting the differences or similarities between the V3 and the Denali.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

I got the Triton V3 yesterday and --- yes, anybody that has the earlier versions and can afford it should absolutely upgrade. Not much I can add what Bluefox said above other than - I AGREE!

I went from the Triton V2 to the Denali T6000 to now the Triton V3. Each is better.

I do miss the cable holders and the vertical stance of the Denali. That really works better than the Triton. But sound trumps ease of install.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    I got the Triton V3 yesterday and --- yes, anybody that has the earlier versions and can afford it should absolutely upgrade. Not much I can add what Bluefox said above other than - I AGREE!

I went from the Triton V2 to the Denali T6000 to now the Triton V3. Each is better.

I do miss the cable holders and the vertical stance of the Denali. That really works better than the Triton. But sound trumps ease of install.
    Glad to hear Jock, I have a new v3 coming—upgrading from a ~10 years old Hydra2. Very much looking to hear the improvements.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Triton v2 to v3 upgrade