Vapor Audio Derecho Speakers
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

Vapor Audio Derecho Speakers

Anyone have the pleasure of listening to Vapor Audio Derecho Speakers? Theres a positive review in Enjoy The Music. http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superio...ker_Review.htm

I'm just a little skeptical with pursuing. There are some negative comments online regarding long wait times and also not being able to audition.

Thanks
    Paul

l

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps:McIntosh MC452, MC207 Preamp: McIntosh c2500 Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Bryston BDA-3 Music Server: ​Aurender N100H
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Eclipse 7 (I) Wireworld Eclipse 6 and 7 Biwired (S) Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vapor Audio Derecho Speakers

I would tread very lightly and suggest you do some research on Audio Circle. Since the sudden death of Ryan's wife that company is in limbo with a supposed list of back orders already needing to be filled. Since you are in the New York area you might want to contact the seller on AC who is offering a pair of Nimbus for less than half price. These were used in Newport at the Show. He is in NJ. Ryan supposedly makes a great speaker when you can get delivery of them.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=148260.0
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Nuprime CDT-8, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp or Kinki EX-M1, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's and SC, Triode Wire Labs PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I would tread very lightly and suggest you do some research on Audio Circle. Since the sudden death of Ryan's wife that company is in limbo with a supposed list of back orders already needing to be filled. Since you are in the New York area you might want to contact the seller on AC who is offering a pair of Nimbus for less than half price. These were used in Newport at the Show. He is in NJ. Ryan supposedly makes a great speaker when you can get delivery of them.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=148260.0
    Thanks Jack! Checking it out now.
    Paul

l

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps:McIntosh MC452, MC207 Preamp: McIntosh c2500 Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Bryston BDA-3 Music Server: ​Aurender N100H
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Eclipse 7 (I) Wireworld Eclipse 6 and 7 Biwired (S) Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)

Post Thanks / Like

Paul

You might also want to reach out to Gopher(Fred) with Lampizator who is in NYC. He owns or has owned several Vapor speaker models and is friends with Ryan plus they used to show with them. I would think that Nimbus is worth several times what it originally sold for if sold through dealers and a steal at $7500 and Fred has likely heard them.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Nuprime CDT-8, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp or Kinki EX-M1, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's and SC, Triode Wire Labs PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Paul

You might also want to reach out to Gopher(Fred) with Lampizator who is in NYC. He owns or has owned several Vapor speaker models and is friends with Ryan plus they used to show with them. I would think that Nimbus is worth several times what it originally sold for if sold through dealers and a steal at $7500 and Fred has likely heard them.
    Thanks again Jack! Appreciate all the info!!
    Paul

l