What was the last movie you watched? - Page 10
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What was the last movie you watched?

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

My wife and I both really enjoyed it.
    - Steve

McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp • Lumin D2 Network Player • Rega Apollo R CD Player • Harbeth C7ES3 Loudspeakers • Magnepan .7 Loudspeakers • JL Audio D108 Subwoofer •
    Sound Anchor Four Post Monitor Stands • Analysis Plus Black Oval 12 Speaker Cables • Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval Balanced Interconnects • PS Audio Dectet Power Center • PS Audio AC3 Power Cable • PS Audio Noise Harvestors • VTI 3 Post Modular Component Rack • Roon via a MacBook Air core

2. Likes NorthStar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Drunk Parents, Funny from start to end.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System - Rotel 1072 > VAC CLA1 MKII > Couterpoint NPS-400 > Clearfield Continentals > Synergistic Cables
    Secondary
    - OPPO 93 >
    Hafler 945 Pre-Tuner > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Post Thanks / Like

My wife have seen The Kitchen and Blinded By The Light this week.

The Kitchen was enjoyable but couldn’t really solve the dilemma of Melissa McCarthy’s
    dimples killing people. Lots of people died.

Blinded By The Light is about a Pakistani boy who is inspired by Bruce Springsteen’s lyrics. Loved the music and loved the movie. What’s not to like about Bollywood meeting Asbury Park?
    Main system - Sonus Faber Stradivari, McIntosh C1100 with Stillpoint minis, MC2301s with Stillpont Ultra SS footers, Esoteric K-03X on Stillpoint Ultra SS, Cybershaft Limited OP17 Master Clock on Stillpoint Minis, Shunyata Alpha Clock 75 & Alpha USB Cables, Silenzio by E - Silent PC Media Server, GigaFoil v4, Keces P3, Supra Cat 8+ and Revelation Audio Ethernet cables, Synology NAS. JL Audio CR-1 crossover, JL audio F-113v2 subwoofer, PS Audio P10, Dectet, Power Ports and Noise Harvesters - Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker cables, Silver Eclipse 7 ICs and Silver Elektra 7 PCs, Vicoustics, GIK & Stillpoint Room treatments. Three dedicated 20 Amp lines

TV Room - Revel F52, C32, B&W LM1, McIntosh MX121, McIntosh MC7106, OPPO 103, Sonos Connect / W4S Remedy

Resting - Infinity RS IIa

5. Likes NorthStar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching Phantom Thread this weekend.

7. Likes NorthStar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What was the last movie you watched?

Little to no time for movies, but did finally see Queens Bohemian Rhapsody, 3 times over a few weeks, then Motley Crues The Dirt, 3-4 times - so I guess I make time if I feel a movie is worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Keces P3 & P8 | Furutech GTX D NSF package | Dedicated 20 amp with Surge Guard | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics

9. Likes NorthStar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just returned from seeing "Once Upon A Time in Hollywood". I'd give the movie a C. I am not really sure what the goal of the film was. It was a pretty slow moving 2 hours and 45 minutes. There was about 45 minutes of entertainment in the whole picture and it wasn't the part (about 8 minutes) with Tarantino's typical gratuitous violence.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

11. Likes NorthStar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

'The Red Sparrow' for the second time. The book and its two sequels of the trilogy are great.... as is Jennifer Lawrence as Dominika in the movie. It's amazing how much they packed into the first few minutes, although maybe tough to follow if you haven't read the book. The author (retired CIA) really knows his stuff. His descriptions of street survelliance scenes in his book are memorable.

13. Likes NorthStar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This was my first time to see this movie. Daniel Day Lewis was in top forum.This picture won best costume and DDL was dressed to the 9s in every scene. There was a small amount of stick with it to the movie but for the most part this is a hold you in it movie all be it slow.The ending is abrupt.This is definitely not an action Jackson movie. I would rate this movie 8.5 to 9. The car by the way is a Bristol 405 not a Porsche which is what I thought it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post

15. Likes NorthStar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Jonny Greenwood’s soundtrack is superb in this film.
    Morgan

17. Likes still-one, NorthStar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The music was well done. A lot of dialogue with no music sound quality was very good.
    All in All this was decent movie.
    QUOTE=MPW;280351]Jonny Greenwood’s soundtrack is superb in this film.[/QUOTE]

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10