Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark

Esoteric K-01x BR

It's raining digital at Suncoast Audio today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Audioshark

Re: Esoteric K-01x BR

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Mike.......The limited edition Esoteric K-01X in black is a rare jewel. Combined with the Aurender N10 in black makes for luxurious eye candy, not to mention state of the art sonic performance. I am pleased to see Suncoast Audio playing at this level.

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Audioshark

Esoteric K-01x BR

Dan, I really needed a "spinner" brand. T+A wasn't cutting it. Long story. Esoteric also owns the world class SACD transport business and they've told their OEM clients to buzz off from what I understand. That leaves one world class option: Esoteric.

A spinner is important because my clients walk in with an arm full of CD's and SACD's to use as evaluation for speakers, amps, etc. and no one wants to stand there for an hour as I rip their CD's. Plus, I've had more than a few clients tell me they don't want to venture into the fun world of computer audio and prefer to stick with a spinner. Can't think of a better one than Esoteric.

Mike - Looks like you've got to add Esoteric to your impressive and growing list of brands you're a dealer for, congrats!

Nice addition to the range Mike. Yes many older audiophiles (myself included) prefer to bring a selection of CD's to audition products so having a top notch CDP makes a lot of sense for a high end audio dealer.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Dan, I really needed a "spinner" brand. T+A wasn't cutting it. Long story. Esoteric also owns the world class SACD transport business and they've told their OEM clients to buzz off from what I understand. That leaves one world class option: Esoteric.

A spinner is important because my clients walk in with an arm full of CD's and SACD's to use as evaluation for speakers, amps, etc. and no one wants to stand there for an hour as I rip their CD's. Plus, I've had more than a few clients tell me they don't want to venture into the fun world of computer audio and prefer to stick with a spinner. Can't think of a better one than Esoteric.

Great brand pickup, Mike, congratulations! The K-01X is one of the best one box digital sources on the market today. The CD/SACD transport is world class and the DAC is reference level too. The K-01X is an awesome source to be used with Soulution gear and provides a similar sonic signature that produces some serious synergy whether playing CD, SACD or high resolution files.

You can also use its AES/EBU digital output with your Siltech Royal cable to your Berkeley Reference, Chord Dave and Lampizator DACs to spin CDs. You will be amazed by how terrific this sounds. It will run neck and neck with the finest music servers and some even prefer it.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Mike,

I can only repeat what Dan has already said - Suncoast Audio is flying at a whole different level.
    I don't know too many locations worldwide that has this much variety of top shelf gear in one location.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

We are in High End territory with this addition, Suncoast Audio is the , the Creme de la Creme of High End Audio.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Audioshark

Esoteric K-01x BR

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    We are in High End territory with this addition, Suncoast Audio is the , the Creme de la Creme of High End Audio.
    That's the goal. I was thinking yesterday about the people who said "Mike, you need to have regular store hours!" Well, I had the doors open while I was mounting the treatments yesterday. I was in the second room and I heard someone rustling about in the first room. I went over to find a guy wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt standing there staring at Focal speakers, VAC electronics, etc. He looked like he hadn't shaved in days. Hair was long too. I said to him "may I help you?" He says "wow, what is all this stuff man?" I told him it was audio equipment. He says "wow, like really expensive stuff? Like $500?" I said "yeah, something like that". He says "like $600?" I said, "yup, something like that." He then starts in "man, but what is all this stuff?" Suffice it to say, I was polite, but I told him I was still setting up and he would have to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That's the goal. I was thinking yesterday about the people who said "Mike, you need to have regular store hours!" Well, I had the doors open while I was mounting the treatments yesterday. I was in the second room and I heard someone rustling about in the first room. I went over to find a guy wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt. He looked like he hadn't shaved in days. Hair was long too. I said to him "may I help you?" He says "wow, what is all this stuff man?" I told him it was audio equipment. He says "wow, like really expensive stuff? Like $500?" I said "yeah, something like that". He says "like $600?" I said, "yup, something like that." He then starts in "man, but what is all this stuff?" Suffice it to say, i was polite, but I told him I was still setting up and he would have to come back.

Maybe you need to lock your doors until your demo appointments start, the dude could have been casing your place.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Maybe you need to lock your doors until your demo appointments start, the dude could have been casing your place.
    Yup, but I wanted to air out the place with the glue going up. It wasn't too bad, but I knew I was going to be using a lot of it.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Esoteric K-01x BR