Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Vandy Treo CT Review

Mike, thanks for sharing. I noticed that folks aren't responding to this thread. I hope they read the review. I"m not a big review guy, but the person who wrote this one, to me is a good reviewer. I've enjoyed most of what he's written over time. Some guy are open minded and don't proclaim everything they hear as the best or as reference. For me, this review has a bit more credibility as I like the guy writing it. Even if he didn't buy his review samples, I'd still say he gave it a fair review

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum ctsooner, thank you so much for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Welcome to the forum ctsooner, thank you so much for joining.
    Great forum that Mike has set up. Just really found out about it. I guess I signed up months ago, but never posted or remembered it, lol. Can't wait to have Johnny and Carlos come up on the 26th to set up my speakers.

Super Moderator

Awesome, can't wait for your opinion.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I've heard them so many times in so many places. I have a funny feeling that mine are going to sound even better. I'm very very excited to get them in and burned in. How do I do a sig line on this board for my gear? I'm not in the same ballpark as so many of you guys, but I like the system, lol.

Super Moderator

Click on settings in the upper right hand corner and on the left side of the page after it opens is an "edit signature" tab. Go from there .....

Quote Originally Posted by Ctsooner View Post
    I've heard them so many times in so many places. I have a funny feeling that mine are going to sound even better. I'm very very excited to get them in and burned in. How do I do a sig line on this board for my gear? I'm not in the same ballpark as so many of you guys, but I like the system, lol.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I have owned a pair for about a year now. Probably the best single purchase I have ever made in Audio. When I first fired them up I hadn't even bothered to move them into their correct places, I just played something to make sure all the connections were good, and my jaw dropped. The only real criticisms i could level against them would be that if one is used to subwoofer-level bass then they are not quite gonna get you there (I am using them now with a Rythmik sub.) And they are a little inefficient; I power them with a Hegel 160, in a very large room. It's enough, but I don't think I would want to go lower than 150w/channel at least if you have a large space. But they are true gems even with those caveats.

To Mike and everyone in this thread: Am soliciting your suggestions for speaker cables to use with the Treos. When I bought them I had a hard limit of $$ to spend which had to cover speakers, cables, and amp. So I ended up with an external biwired set of AQ Rocket 44's. have been thinking of upgrading; problem is, AQ's pricing structure, IMHO, just gets downright crazy once you go north of the Rocket 88's, and I am not sure that it's worth spending the $$ to go from Rocket 44's to 88's. Any advice?

I Used the Castlerock with mine and loved them. I thought it made a big difference. They are internal bi wire type. I am thinking about moving up in the line though. I saw mike has the Aspen on his Quatro's and I like that idea but don't have any to audition. Once I figure that out, I'd be selling my Castlerocks (8') for nearly 50% off list probably.

Personally, I don't feel that any other brand of cable will make you as happy as what you have. The AQ cables are about as neutral as you get and they don't do anything wrong. When you start experimenting with some of the other cables, be it big name or boutique, you can run into problems I feel. I've had a ton of cable in and out just to hear. Every Nordost I've tried from Odin to Frey I think it was sounded way too bright. Kimber was the same for me. Cardas makes really good cable too, but to get the same performance as the AQ, you are in the same price range or more I feel.

Others may have better ideas, but you may want to find an equal run of 44's and do a double bi wire. Haven't heard that cable done that way, but the reason I may move up is because I'd also be getting a double run.

Ctsooner, I agree with you on all counts. This is kinda what is bugging me though: An 8-foot double run of Castle Rock is gonna set me back a cool $3k, and I just do not see how the cost differential over 88 is justified, at least in terms of materials. (This is of course hardly a new observation about cables.) Anyway, re your last idea: Interestingly I have had exactly the same thought. Rocket 44 and 88 can easily be found as bulk cable. So it could be done. I'd have to reterminate, and might be pushing the maximum thickness that I can get into one pair of bananas or spades at the speaker end, but one way or the other it could be done. That said, if you do decide to sell your pair of Castle Rocks, let me know.

I just snagged a pair of Treo CTs. Should have them in a couple of weeks.

They are replacing a pair of original Quatros. I purchased a pair of Kimber speakers cables at RMAF and my initial thought is BRIGHT! We'll see after another week or two.

I sent a pair of single bi-wire Rocket 88 to AQ to be reterminated to double bi-wire. I liked the singles alot on my Quatros and plan to compare them to the Kimbers and I'll report the results.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you so much for joining.

NAD C 658 streamer.

What’s the latest on your Treo CT?
    McIntosh C2300 tube preamp, McIntosh MC601 monoblock amps, Triangle Art, Concerto TT, w/Lyra cart, Vandersteen 2CE Sig II, Oppo bdp95

HT: I
    ntegra DHC 40.2 AV PrePro, Marantz MA500 mono amp (x3) Plok Audio RR, C, RL, Velodyne 12" Sub, Sony PS-3

Cables: Audioquest, MIT, Crystal Clear

Richard Grey 1200S Power conditioner (RGPC)

Projector: Sony VPL VW60

Hey guys. Haven’t been able to get then under speaker. Need someone to come up and do it for me. Hopefully this will be in the next couple of weeks. Wish I had more to share.
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20
    The Memory Player with built in DAC and headphone amp built in on order
    AQ Niagara 1000 power device
    Audioquest William Tell bi wire speaker cable
    Wireworld 8 optical cable into the Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh from the TV and Blueray to reclock
    Wireworld Platnium 8 ethernet cables into the EMO 70e ethernet filter into The Memory Player from Eero mesh router
    All routers, cable box and synchro mesh powered by the Wyred4sound LPS box with separate supplies for each
    Audioquest power outlets and four dedicated power lines in the room
    ZMF Ori headphones with the Audioarts 15' Pono balanced cable for the QX5/20
    Empire Ears Phantom CIEM's
    Rhapsodio 2.98 mk2 gold plated silver cable for Phantom

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Vandy Treo CT Review