Vandy Treo CT Review - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vandy Treo CT Review

Ctsooner, I agree with you on all counts. This is kinda what is bugging me though: An 8-foot double run of Castle Rock is gonna set me back a cool $3k, and I just do not see how the cost differential over 88 is justified, at least in terms of materials. (This is of course hardly a new observation about cables.) Anyway, re your last idea: Interestingly I have had exactly the same thought. Rocket 44 and 88 can easily be found as bulk cable. So it could be done. I'd have to reterminate, and might be pushing the maximum thickness that I can get into one pair of bananas or spades at the speaker end, but one way or the other it could be done. That said, if you do decide to sell your pair of Castle Rocks, let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

I just snagged a pair of Treo CTs. Should have them in a couple of weeks.

They are replacing a pair of original Quatros. I purchased a pair of Kimber speakers cables at RMAF and my initial thought is BRIGHT! We'll see after another week or two.

I sent a pair of single bi-wire Rocket 88 to AQ to be reterminated to double bi-wire. I liked the singles alot on my Quatros and plan to compare them to the Kimbers and I'll report the results.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, thank you so much for joining.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2, Pass Labs XA25.

Post Thanks / Like

What’s the latest on your Treo CT?
    McIntosh C2300 tube preamp, McIntosh MC601 monoblock amps, Triangle Art, Concerto TT, w/Lyra cart, Vandersteen 2CE Sig II, Oppo bdp95

HT: I
    ntegra DHC 40.2 AV PrePro, Marantz MA500 mono amp (x3) Plok Audio RR, C, RL, Velodyne 12" Sub, Sony PS-3

Cables: Audioquest, MIT, Crystal Clear

Richard Grey 1200S Power conditioner (RGPC)

Projector: Sony VPL VW60

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys. Haven’t been able to get then under speaker. Need someone to come up and do it for me. Hopefully this will be in the next couple of weeks. Wish I had more to share.
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20
    Ayre QX5/20 (The Memory Player with built in DAC and headphone amp built in on order)
    Steve Nugent rebuilt Mac mini (2009) with Paul Hynes LPS and custom silver cable server
    AQ Niagara 1000 power device
    Audioquest Castlerock speaker cables
    Wire world optical cable into the Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh from the TV and Blueray to reclock
    Wireworld Platnium 8 ethernet cables into the EMO 70e ethernet filter into the QX5/20 from Eero mesh router
    All routers, cable box and synchro mesh powered by the Wyred4sound LPS box with separate supplies for each
    Audioquest power outlets and two dedicated power lines in the room
    ZMF Ori headphones with the Audioarts 15' Pono balanced cable for the QX5/20
    Empire Ears Phantom CIEM's
    A&K 380cu with matching cu amp (copper which is much warmer than their normal cases)
    Rhapsodio 2.98 mk2 gold plated silver cable for Phantom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2