Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Soulution 511 monos unboxing

Don't know as I installed the 511's as a mono pair from the beginning....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I've ALWAYS wanted Soulution monos since I first heard the 501's. Now with the 511's, it's another peg up. I've had the preamp for a while, but I've been saving for the amps. In a word: endgame. Wait, didn't someone already say that? Seriously. Incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    so, how are the 511 behaving after the long break-in? Do you still have them paired with the M3?
    How hot do they get when pushed?
    thanks!
    System: Magico S1 MkII, DCS Puccini Player & Clock, Aurender N100C, SME Mod 15, SME IV, Lyra Etna, Nagra VPS
    Headfi: Violectric HPA V281, Sony Z1R, Kimber Axios Cu
    Cables: Transparent Premium USB, Gen5 Reference 75 Ohm, Ultra interconnects, phono and speaker cables
    Power: Shunyata EU7, Alpha NR, Furutech Powerflux-18E
    Accessories: Finite Elemente 600 APS, several Cerabases, Ceraballs and Cerapucs

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by pessoa00 View Post
    so, how are the 511 behaving after the long break-in? Do you still have them paired with the M3?
    How hot do they get when pushed?
    thanks!
    Yes. The 511's seem to be the overwhelming solid state amp favorite in my store with all the Magico's - including the M3's (but I don't have my new Vitus SM-103 monos yet). They get warm when pushed, but never "hot" like a class A or tube amp. You can put your hand on them for several seconds.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Yes. The 511's seem to be the overwhelming solid state amp favorite in my store with all the Magico's - including the M3's (but I don't have my new Vitus SM-103 monos yet). They get warm when pushed, but never "hot" like a class A or tube amp. You can put your hand on them for several seconds.
    Thanks. For how much time did you have them running before your felt they reached their full potential?
    System: Magico S1 MkII, DCS Puccini Player & Clock, Aurender N100C, SME Mod 15, SME IV, Lyra Etna, Nagra VPS
    Cables: Transparent Premium USB, Gen5 Reference 75 Ohm, Ultra interconnects, phono and speaker cables

Thanks. For how much time did you have them running before your felt they reached their full potential?
    See post #47
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

An additional note about sound quality and heat. The Soulution 500 Series are Class AB amps but are heavily biased into Class A. This means they will be operating in Class A mode most of the time for maximum sound quality except for very dynamic passages. This also means they run near maximum warmth while at idle. While my 501 monoblocks were very warm at idle, they were never too hot to touch and they didn't get appreciably warmer at higher volumes. Compared to my Pass XA-100.8 monoblocks, the 501's put out significantly less overall heat. The Soulution amps do need adequate ventilation, so I wouldn't recommend anything above them or too close to the sides.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Audioshark

500 hours, but they continued to improve past 1000. I will tell you they are very sensitive to preamp pairing. I have to say, the Vitus Preamp is killer with them.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

500 hours, but they continued to improve past 1000. I will tell you they are very sensitive to preamp pairing. I have to say, the Vitus Preamp is killer with them.

The coment about preamp is interesting. You prefer the Vitus to Soulution own 520? I believe they'll launch a new 525 in Munich

Soulution , Pass , Vitus ... Ohhhh Mike's wary head ..

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Soulution , Pass , Vitus ... Ohhhh Mike's wary head ..

Wary or weary?
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    Wary or weary?
    Or both?

Rockport Lyra speakers; TotalDac Amp-1 mono blocks; four box CH Precision L1/X1 pre/power supply monos; CH precision P1/X1 phono/power supply; TotalDac d1-driver monos; Pacific Microsonics Model 2 DAC; TotalDac d1-12 MkII DAC with two reclockers; Kodo The Beat Turnatable with LT Schroder magnesium tonearm and Lyra Atlas cart; Taiko Extreme server; Kalista Dreamplayer CD Transport; Taiko Audio Daiza Platforms; Nordost Odin2 Power Cords and Analog ICs; 512 Engineering/Tim Marutani Balanced Transformers (30 amp for sources; 50 amp for amps); Rives designed dedicated room.

Mike

Any update on how these are sounding? Any idea how these would compare to the 7-series stereo amp which probably comes in around the same price?

Audioshark

Soulution 511 monos unboxing

Quote Originally Posted by heihei View Post
    Mike

Any update on how these are sounding? Any idea how these would compare to the 7-series stereo amp which probably comes in around the same price?
    They’re long gone. Sorry. I switched over to Gryphon.

So not the solution you were looking ....

Quote Originally Posted by heihei View Post
    Mike

The 511 stereo amp was retailing for $35,000 USD and the 711 stereo is around $60,000 USD.

I have never had the 511 in my system but I currently have the 711 in one residence and the 501 mono blocks in another.

The 511 is said to have a similar power supply to the 7 series. This may be a benefit of "trickle down" technology.
    Le Roy

Foundation:

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    The 511 stereo amp was retailing for $35,000 USD and the 711 stereo is around $60,000 USD.

I have never had the 511 in my system but I currently have the 711 in one residence and the 501 mono blocks in another.

The 511 is said to have a similar power supply to the 7 series. This may be a benefit of "trickle down" technology.
    Hi Le Roy,

Would you say the 511 has the same sonic signature as the 501 monoblocks with more oomph?

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

The point on pricing is that when you double the 511 up to run them as monos, they are about the same as the 711 stereo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Soulution 511 monos unboxing