Just ordered an Ice cream Maker
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered an Ice cream Maker

I like to watch cooking shows and I thought it was really cool () when they made their own flavour of ice cream in one of those commercial ice cream makers. So I thought why not give it a try and ordered a Whynter icm 15ls ice cream maker with my Christmas bonus. It looks like it is well made and the reviews are quite positive. I was tempted by the Breville Smartscoop as I have one of their Juice Fountain Elite juicers which has worked great for the past few years but it was a little too expensive ($200 more with shipping).

Has anyone made their own ice cream? More specifically, has anyone used one of the machines with the built in compressors for cooling? Have they been reliable? Any favourite recipes?
    Main 2ch/HT:Acoustat 2+2,Axiom EP500,Ray Lumley M-100, Bedini BA-803,Threshold T3,JRDG Consumate Phono, Lenco L75, ZYX Universe cart,Oppo BDP 95(transport), Calyx Femto DAC,Bryston BDP-2,Pioneer F-91 tuner,Studer A807 r2r,Consonance d-Linear15 power filter, DVDO Matrix 4x4,Mitsubishi HC-5 projector, Audience Au24e and LectraLine Xe cables,Cullen Power Distribution Box with upgraded cable
    Bedroom 2ch/HT:Tetra 406, Forte model2pre,Forte model3amp,TeacUD503,Faroudja DV1000,PioneerCLD-97 ld player,Thorens TD-146,PioneerTX-9800,Mitsubishi HC5 projector,Tetra Artet cables

2. Likes joeinid, MDP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just ordered an Ice cream Maker

When I was young, my mom had a wooden barrel that you filled with ice and rock salt, and a stainless canister went in the middle and there was a Hand Crank on the barrel. We would all take turns turning the crank until our arms fell off.

We made all kinds of flavors back then. The one you bought looks a bit easier to get finished product from
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System - Rotel 1072 > VAC CLA1 MKII > Couterpoint NPS-400 > Clearfield Continentals > Synergistic Cables
    Secondary
    - OPPO 93 >
    Hafler 945 Pre-Tuner > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

4. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m aware that my comment is long past due, but we’ve had the Lello 4080 Musso Lussino 1.5-quart ice cream maker for two problem-free years. Makes a fantastic ice cream and sorbet but it ain’t cheap.
    Primary System: TechDas Air Force Two Premium; SAT 9" Tonearm; Air Tight Opus 1; Constellation Audio Virgo III; Constellation Audio Perseus; Constellation Audio Performance DC Filter; Constellation Audio Centaur II 500 Stereo; Magico M3 w/MPODs; Kubala Sosna Sensation; Shunyata Hydra Triton v3/Typhon QR, Sigma NR power cords; Artesania Exoteryc 3+3 Rack w/TechDas Platform; Artesania Aire Floor Platform; Audio Desk Systeme Pro; Clearaudio Double Matrix Professional Sonic RCM; Venta Kuubel XL-T

Secondary System: Aurender N10; PS Audio DirectStream Memory Player; Mark Levinson No. 526; Mark Levinson No. 534; Cardas Clear/Clear Beyond; PS Audio P10; Box Furniture Rack

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, didn’t realize this thread was a little old. How’s everyone doing with their ice cream makers? Fortunately for my waistline, being lactose intolerant keeps the ice cream consumption to a minimum. But unfortunately, I’ve substituted other fattening treats. Damn, I can’t win.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2, Pass Labs XA25.

7. Likes CPP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whew, I thought is was going to be another thread where a high end power cord improved the taste of ice cream.
    Needless to say I would not dare have such a device within reach, with my own vices, including ice cream.
    I do have friends who make some very good home churned ice cream.

9. Likes joeinid liked this post