Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Wyred 4 Sound ST-250 mod...

For the past several months, the LED light bar across the front of the amp has been half lit. Before, it would come and go on its own, or I could tweak the dimmer on the bottom of the amp and it would come back on. So today, out of boredom and the fact that I'm tired of looking at a half lit light bar, I decided to open up the amp and wired up one of those little strands of battery powered LED's, the real tiny LED's.

It's just a temporary thing until I get some decent LED's and wire it properly to make them look factory. Though with the way these particular LED's look right now, I think I'm going to an amber color instead of the stock blue.

Anyway, a few pics...

Out with the old busted... LOL

In with the new hotness...

Pass Labs XP-20 | Auralic Altair G1 | Odyssey Audio Stratos Monoblocks | JVC XL-Z411 | Nakamichi DR-1 | Technics SL-1700MK2 | Magnepan 1.7i | SVS PB-1000 Pro x 2

Super Moderator

Re: Wyred 4 Sound ST-250 mod...

Nice, well done.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Thanks Joe.

Like I said, it's not the greatest, and it's only a temp thing, but I was at least hoping it would have been a bit brighter than it really is. That strand of LED's was originally powered by a single 3v CR2032 battery, which actually measures at 3.16v and made them a brilliant crisp bright white. The most I can get out of the LED tap on the amp is 2.74v, so they're rather dim and amber-ish.

I wish I could find the schematics for this amp (or any of original ST series for that matter). On the board that that LED bar is connected to, there's a few other taps on there that are open. I could have checked them to see what they were outputting, but I was trying to hurry up and get the amp off of the dinner table as it was almost time to eat.

And speaking of the amp, this is the first time I've ever opened it. It's a great, straight forward, true dual mono design. I just don't understand why no one anywhere on the entire internet has ever mentioned anything about it, or done reviews on it.

Anyway, now I'm starting to ramble... LOL

Pass Labs XP-20 | Auralic Altair G1 | Odyssey Audio Stratos Monoblocks | JVC XL-Z411 | Nakamichi DR-1 | Technics SL-1700MK2 | Magnepan 1.7i | SVS PB-1000 Pro x 2

Now that is a cool DIY project
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Thank you, Chris.

I would leave it as is IF it were only a little brighter. It's perfect at night time, but during the day, you can't hardly see it. I guess that doesn't matter too much. The pictures don't show it too much justice. In person, it almost looks like glowing tubes behind that little sliver of a window.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Wyred 4 Sound ST-250 mod...