Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: My new Atria coming.

Can you try contacting Rockport directly? You have all the reasons on your side.

My new Atria coming.

I can understand your frustration

You might want to contact your dealer or, as kzhtoo has suggested, contact Rockport directly.

Perhaps something can be done, including an upgrade (whether for free or at a lower price) if the upgrade is a simple parts replacement that can be done in Spain. If the upgrade can only be done at the factory, things may be more difficult.

Contact Qualitas Audio, they should take care of you, if not Ultimate Audio and Rockport need to step up, its their job to inform and also be informed.

I have called the importer in Lisbon, Miguel Carvalho. I have found a person that you can trust. He assured me that he had no knowledge of the departure of the Atria II. That in his experience, as happened with the Cignus, took 6 months to put it at the disposal of the customers, since it was exposed at the CES. Nevertheless he says that he considers a great mistake, to present it 6 months earlier. He has apologized several times and says he will send an email to Rockport.
    Well, I give the subject by closed. If, when it is available, it really is a great improvement over the current one, I will try to make a change if I make a good offer.
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

In the meantime - don't let it ruin your experience. It is still a great speaker - IMO it is one of the best sub $30k speakers on the market today. It still sounds as good as the day you first heard it. A friend of mine also has a pair and loves them.

I've spoken to Polish Rockport distributor yesterday, who told me the Atria II will only be available in April.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Yes, I think it's the smartest choice.

Anyway, now I'm thinking of a new toy. Saturday comes to my house the Melco dealer in Malaga, with N1ZH, to compare it with my Synology NAS.
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    Yes, I think it's the smartest choice.

Anyway, now I'm thinking of a new toy. Saturday comes to my house the Melco dealer in Malaga, with N1ZH, to compare it with my Synology NAS.
    Nonesup, how is it going with the Atria? Could share your listening impressions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I am very satisfied. If you are looking for speakers that are detailed, good for Classical Music and Jazz, these can be yours. Good bass (especially for a single cone of 9 "), in quantity and quality The midrange very informative and not tiring and the tweter extended . Great image in width.
    If you look for some spectacular speakersfor rock, they can serve you but surely there are more shocking things.
    Francisco

This is an old thread, but I see where the OP was concerned that he got the MkI version of the Atria - right when the MkII version was coming out. The dealer should have offered a discount perhaps, but to be honest I prefer the MkI version and the Atria MkI is my favorite Rockport speaker. Something special about it...
    Owner - Cake Audio
    cakeaudio.com

Dealer for: Alsyvox Speakers, Vitus Audio, Purist Audio Design, Kuzma, Dynavector, SRA

Quote Originally Posted by Cakeaudio View Post
    This is an old thread, but I see where the OP was concerned that he got the MkI version of the Atria - right when the MkII version was coming out. The dealer should have offered a discount perhaps, but to be honest I prefer the MkI version and the Atria MkI is my favorite Rockport speaker. Something special about it...
    May we know in which aspects the MkI are better than the MkII?
    Thanks!
    MSB Select Transport & DAC (33 clock ; Mono Powerbases)
    Bespoke Audio Ultimate Silver passive preamp
    Totaldac D1-Drivers (xlr version)
    MC2 S1400 mono amps
    PLiXiR and Furman balanced transformers
    Lessloss C-Marc Firewall64

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

My new Atria coming.