Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Ortofon SPU A for Shindo

Does anyone know if Shindo still rebuilds Ortofon Type A SPU's to Shindo SPU A

Also does anyone know how to distinguish if a SPU A has a bakelite body or not.

Re: Ortofon SPU A for Shindo

Yes I think they still do it as a friend is getting one done by shindo right now, I'm not sure about the bakelite.
    EMT TSD 15, Analog Instruments Apparition arm, Garrard 301 table, Lingolab footers, T2 A23 SUT, Shindo Monbrison phono Preamp, Shindo Haut Brion Amp, Oppo Blu ray, Monarchy NM24 Dac, Devore O96 speakers, Serious Racks rack, Shindo cables, A23 speaker cable, Sharp 4000Z projector.

Yes I just had mine done at the factory recently cost approx ¥118K

Bruce

Bruce

So the price is in Yen? Did you deal with the factory directly?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pcosta View Post
    Bruce

So the price is in Yen? Did you deal with the factory directly?

Paul
    That is the Yen price I paid-- Yes delivered collected and paid for at the Factory.

Extremely efficient lovely people.

Bruce

Are you using a Shindo 301?

Are you using a Shindo 301?
    Yes

B

Nice!
    I am not. I have the new EMT 997 and would consider one for that. But I am on the fence about weather or not it is something I should do since I don't own Shindo gear. Another thing is will they build one for me if I am not a Shindo owner.

Paul

Nice!
    I am not. I have the new EMT 997 and would consider one for that. But I am on the fence about weather or not it is something I should do since I don't own Shindo gear. Another thing is will they build one for me if I am not a Shindo owner.

Paul
    I don't see why not--it is a paying assignment one is asking.

Good Luck anyway

Bruce

Interesting.
    But the SPU-A is no more made by Ortofon right ?
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

SPU-A is no more. From what I know Shindo SPU is the old bakelite bodies and the low output and low impedance compared to the last A bodies that Ortofon made. So you need to source your own cart for them to rebuild is what I understand.

Shindo A cart is no more in Ortofon production.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ortofon SPU A for Shindo