Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    mauidan

Recommended Reference Component: Devialet Expert 1000 Pro Mono

http://www.soundstagehifi.com/index....ted-amplifiers

“As to how the Expert 1000 Pro stacks up against other Devialet models, I can say without hesitation that it’s better -- but not night-and-day better. It’s a refinement of the Devialet sound, not a departure from it or a great leap forward. The last-generation Devialets I’ve heard -- the 120, the 200, and the 400 -- are still super products. The Expert 1000 Pro is just a little bit better in ways that might mean more to some listeners than to others.”

Re: Recommended Reference Component: Devialet Expert 1000 Pro Mono

The Devialet 1000 Expert Pro mono, with the right speakers, delivers an amazing sound. I could not believe my ears.
    I will stack soon 4 units (a friend has another two units) as to see the result with my Focal Stella. Will post here a brief review.

As a Devialet 1000 Expert Pro user I can testify that when everything works as designed the sound is just amazingly good.

A mix of noiseless and super transparent sound without any harshness and limitless power. A liquid roll of music that is incredibly defined and controlled from treble to deep thunderous bass, especially if there is a SAM profile for your speakers.

I have not heard anything better whatever the price point and I’ve heard many excellent amps.

Convenience is also best in class when using roon. I keep discovering music in my collection that I had forgotten I owned thanks to Roon. Any music lover using digital should really give it a try I think.

Now, that’s when everything works per the plan and it mostly does 99+% of the time.

But not always. Although I have a pretty optimized network I still sometimes face interruptions or hear streaming disturbances. Not often but sometimes. Is that a major issue? Probably not considering the frequency but it’s still annoying.

It seems they are now actively working on these issues. If they can fix them for good they will have what may be the best solution on the high-end market. IMHO.

There are already ways to avoid any streaming issue going the USB or XLR digital route, but I have personally found that the way I tried it it didn’t sound quite as amazing as with Ethernet. Some invest in super duper clock controlled USB converters and it seems to help but complexity increases.

Cheers,
    Bernard

An update on this.

I have now moved to using a Mute MC-3 + USB reclocker. It is clocked by a Cybershaft OP21A-D (external LPS). The Mutec is a special version without power unit and I am using the best Paul Hynes LPS (SR7T with special connectors) with a rail specially tuned to deliver the exact voltage needed by the Mutec.

I output USB from my Mojo Audio deja Vu and the Mutec reclocks the signal and outputs as an AES/EBU signal that is fed into he Devialet. AES/EBU being the best input of the Devialet. All cables are Shunyata Omega.

The sound is just insanely great and this has been rock solid, not the slightest issue in several weeks. It's even better than ethernet through a limited edition reclocking Melco S10P (which I believe is the best switch available) and Shunyata Omega ethernet cables which I thought was hard to beat.

The Mutec works well with Roon. The only downside compared to using Air/Raat through ethernet is the lack of amp volume control in Roon. I need to use the Devialet app. Which is admittedly a very small issue.
    Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10 with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous digital (preferred signal path): Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Recommended Reference Component: Devialet Expert 1000 Pro Mono