Eosteric N-05 - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eosteric N-05

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eosteric N-05

Neither N-01 nor N-05 is MQA certified at this moment, but I hope to see N-01 achieve certification soon.

When certified they will be able to perform full MQA decoding.

2. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Esoteric has released MQA firmware 10.3j upgrade for N-05, joining the N-01 as MQA certified.

Post Thanks / Like

I was speaking with an ex-esoteric dealer today and he mentioned that "the N-05 is a rebadged Lumin". Is the main board inside the N-05 manufactured by Lumin? If so, which Lumin is the N-05 most similar to, D2, A1, T1? Are all internals of the N-05 made by Lumin, or just the digital section?
    Main System:
    Pass Labs INT-30A Integrated Amplifier, PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, Aurender X100L 12TB Music Server, PS Audio P3 Power Regenerator, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, Definitive Technology PF15TL Subwoofer, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables, Morrow Audio XLR interconnects, PS Audio Statement and WAudio Power Cords, Shunyata Venom USB Cable, TimberNation Audio Rack

Office System:
    Esoteric I-03 Integrated Amplifier, Sony HAPZ1ES Music Server w/2TB SSD, Ayre C5xeMP SACD/CD Player, Aurender N100H 4TB Network Player, Mytek Brooklyn DAC, KEF LS50 Speakers, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables, Wireworld Chroma USB Cable, Zu Mission Power Cord, WAudio Power Cords

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Projectman View Post
    I was speaking with an ex-esoteric dealer today and he mentioned that "the N-05 is a rebadged Lumin". Is the main board inside the N-05 manufactured by Lumin? If so, which Lumin is the N-05 most similar to, D2, A1, T1? Are all internals of the N-05 made by Lumin, or just the digital section?
    Not sure. Maybe Peter knows.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Projectman View Post
    Esoteric N-01 / N-05 are not rebadged Lumin. No Lumin hardware use AK DAC chips. Esoteric uses AK DAC chips exclusively. So they sound different, but they operate in exactly the same way. Although I cannot tell specifics, to give you a hint - look at the photos of the internals of K-05X and N-05.

Post Thanks / Like

Esoteric announced in 2017 that the N-05 would be Roon Ready by July 2017.

Peter, have you heard anything?

“Roon (will be available on ESOTERIC around June 2017) NEW!!
    Roon is the most engaging, enjoyable way to browse your music.
    Being Roon Ready means that ESOTERIC network players transparently discover and connect to Roon, with no network configuration, with bitperfect delivery of audio to your dac.
    Together, Roon and ESOTERIC deliver the power, flexibility, and performance benefits of networked audio, with the easiest setup and highest reliability available.”
    Main System:
    Pass Labs INT-30A Integrated Amplifier, PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, Aurender X100L 12TB Music Server, PS Audio P3 Power Regenerator, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, Definitive Technology PF15TL Subwoofer, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables, Morrow Audio XLR interconnects, PS Audio Statement and WAudio Power Cords, Shunyata Venom USB Cable, TimberNation Audio Rack

Office System:
    Esoteric I-03 Integrated Amplifier, Sony HAPZ1ES Music Server w/2TB SSD, Ayre C5xeMP SACD/CD Player, Aurender N100H 4TB Network Player, Mytek Brooklyn DAC, KEF LS50 Speakers, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables, Wireworld Chroma USB Cable, Zu Mission Power Cord, WAudio Power Cords

Post Thanks / Like

Esoteric N-01 is Roon Ready since August 1, 2018 (yesterday in my timezone).

Esoteric N-05 is Not Yet Roon Ready.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    Esoteric N-01 is Roon Ready since August 1, 2018 (yesterday in my timezone).

Esoteric N-05 is Not Yet Roon Ready.
    Hopefully that means they will release it for the N-05 soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Main System:

Office System:

Post Thanks / Like

Duplicate
    Main System:

Office System:

Post Thanks / Like

Heard from Esoteric today regarding Roon - “Hi Stephen. Esoteric Japan has informed us that the N-05 is in the certification process with Roon to become Roon Ready. It needed to complete MQA certification before Roon certification began.”
    Main System:

Office System:

12. Likes Mike liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast