Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nagra HD DAC

Re: Nagra HD DAC

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    Ked, did the Nagra HD use XLR interconnects? and did it have the optional output transformers for those XLR outputs?

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...l=1#post428071

likely I will have the Nagra HD with those transformers in my room briefly this week along side the GG.

Excellent. Please post your impressions if possible, especially in terms of timbres, microdynamics, bass definition and PRaT. Many thanks. Happy listening

Quote Originally Posted by 4music View Post
    I have a question unrelated with Nagra HD DAc, prompted by the picture at the dealer showroom: How is the matching of the YGs Haileys with the Burmester amp? Any comments on the pairing are appreciated.
    Hi sorry, I realized one of the links was not enabled to be viewed publicly, just turned it on, so you can read now http://zero-distortion.org/yg-hailey/

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Have "others" compared? The difference is too large on all fronts to be a preference. I can understand a preference between Ortofon Anna, a95, and Koetsu. In this case, the Lampi is leagues ahead on all fronts. Fine to disagree, but after you compare. Anyone visiting London is welcome to borrow my Lampi for the comparison.In this case, opinion is backed by experience
    Which Lampi was that again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Which Lampi was that again?

Golden gate

According to Stereophile today in his CES report, there are a new power supply options for the HD DAC along with some other smaller changes and an update is also coming later ? Any one has infos on these, especially the sonic impact of the new power supply option ?
    On the Go: A&K SP1000 > Shure KSE 1500
    At home : ARIES > Denafrips Terminator R2R DAC > BHSE > STAX SR009
    -> for sale : Piano Forte PFVIII, Eddie Current 445 tube Amp (with many different tubes).
    Review Chord MOJO v/s HUGO et WooAudio WA8 v/s TU-05 & HUGO

adding a second MPS will fully maximize its performance by providing dedicated isolated power supplies for both the analog and digital sections!

Nagra HD DAC

Here is another take on the updated version of the Nagra HD:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/766517/chor...#post_12940576

The changes include, "their newest coupling condenser, latest generation of DSP processing and their new DC cabling" - could be the same changes mentioned in the Stereophile article.

Quote Originally Posted by jussy1254 View Post
    adding a second MPS will fully maximize its performance by providing dedicated isolated power supplies for both the analog and digital sections!
    The Nagra MPS (I own one) has 4 outputs. A 2nd MPS will likely only add a 2nd battery output since the MPS only has 1 battery output from the 4...The different from battery and AC isn't huge...I notice the battery being slightly quieter and a bit more at ease. The AC maybe a touch more dynamic...not sure I could pick out the two in a blind test...
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Amp: Nagra HD Preamp & Amps
    Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus & Opus Gen 5 Speaker
    Power Transparent Opus Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks:
    Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1

Quote Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
    According to Stereophile today in his CES report, there are a new power supply options for the HD DAC along with some other smaller changes and an update is also coming later ? Any one has infos on these, especially the sonic impact of the new power supply option ?
    What do these power supplies cost? It seems the total price starts to get stratospheric!
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
    The Nagra MPS (I own one) has 4 outputs. A 2nd MPS will likely only add a 2nd battery output since the MPS only has 1 battery output from the 4...The different from battery and AC isn't huge...I notice the battery being slightly quieter and a bit more at ease. The AC maybe a touch more dynamic...not sure I could pick out the two in a blind test...
    On the MPS, the battery output is mainly designed for powering a NAGRA Phono stage. This is the reason why you get minor improvement with a DAC, while with a VPS it makes a big difference in noise floor.
    -> for sale : Piano Forte PFVIII, Eddie Current 445 tube Amp (with many different tubes).

After the DAVE, the TotalDAC & the dCS Rossini, I tried today the ARIES CERAT KASSANDRA, a 60 Kg monster, hand made by a guy in Chypre. I tried it connected to my BHSE, with the DAVE also present. I found it a little more airy (open) and enjoyable than the DAVE, only by a slight margin, but .... NAGRA HD DAC remain still my prefered choice.
    My last testing is Wednesday with the VITUS SCD-025 which is a DAC + CD Player in a single box. It is Supposed to be very good sound, and I will have with me again the DAVE to compare. If I like it a lot, this will simplify my set-up by using 1 box instead if 2 ( CD + DAC), if NOT, then I will have to find the... extra budget to buy the NAGRA ;-)

It is very strange that you dont like the Kassandra which supposed to be best analague DAC ever, supposedly much better than Lampizator which bonzo raved over the Nagra.

Quote Originally Posted by hieukm View Post
    It is very strange that you dont like the Kassandra which supposed to be best analague DAC ever, supposedly much better than Lampizator which bonzo raved over the Nagra.
    I never said that I did not lile Kasandra ! I even wrote "I found it a little more airy (open) and enjoyable than the DAVE,".

I never said that I did not lile Kasandra ! I even wrote "I found it a little more airy (open) and enjoyable than the DAVE,".
    I mean like it as much as the Nagra HD.

So at $20k+ for a DAC, if you have to pay more to add this or that, it really becomes unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    So at $20k+ for a DAC, if you have to pay more to add this or that, it really becomes unreasonable.
    Agree, but... are we in a "reasonable" hobby ?

Agree, but... are we in a "reasonable" hobby ?
    Good point! From time to time, I would lose track of this. lol

No one's compared the Kassandra to Lampi yet. The only comparison so far is with Dave.

No one's compared the Kassandra to Lampi yet. The only comparison so far is with Dave.
    My upgraded GG just came back from Poland..the packakge weighs 31kg including the Flight case. Oh my back, this is amplifier territory. LoL

Will let you know what I observe over time...
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

As i try to explain the comparison was made not directly. Bmichels prefer the nagra over the kassandra. You prefer the lampi over the nagra.

Where as people in the East said Kassandra is the best analogue DAC over the competition. It comes very close to top TT even.

As i try to explain the comparison was made not directly. Bmichels prefer the nagra over the kassandra. You prefer the lampi over the nagra.

Where as people in the East said Kassandra is the best analogue DAC over the competition. It comes very close to top TT even.
    The Lampi Nagra was a direct comparison. There is nothing to say a Kassandra is better than Lampi except hypotheses. The only data we have now is that bMichels prefers Nagra to kassandra - was that a comparison in the same system?

When a comparison is made, we shall see. regarding comparison to TT, even Lampi can be preferred to a TT which is not optimized. When a TT does get optimized, things change. Sometimes, analog doesn't sound good enough, but by changing the phono or some other component or set up element, we can get it sounding good. The variations in analog are just too high to make a generalization.

There are a lot of people who prefer Lampi to their own analog set up. For example, this thread about being satisfied with digital as compared to vinyl was started by a guy who bought the Lampi. http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...s-of-the-hobby He has a very high end analog set up - kuzma xl4, kuzma 4p . Ypsilon phono and SUT, Lyra atlas, VDH colibri and shelter harmony carts. Today he prefers to listen via his Lampi (older generation, not with new spec). Does this mean analog cannot be set up to outperform much more? No. It can, and some vinyl quality is just too real for digital to come close to. But yes, it does come close, the Lampi Nagra system had an SME 30/12 for compare too.

If someone does say their dac is better than analog outright, I would rather ignore his comments, and suggest he finds a new analog rig. But does it come close, sure. You can be satisfied in Mike Lavigne's system with the Lampi. While listening to it it is close, especially to Ortofon Anna.Yet when the vinyl stats playing, it is different, and the distance increases with the Goldfinger statement or with a 45 rpm vinyl

The Lampi Nagra was a direct comparison. There is nothing to say a Kassandra is better than Lampi except hypotheses. The only data we have now is that bMichels prefers Nagra to kassandra - was that a comparison in the same system?

When a comparison is made, we shall see. regarding comparison to TT, even Lampi can be preferred to a TT which is not optimized. When a TT does get optimized, things change. Sometimes, analog doesn't sound good enough, but by changing the phono or some other component or set up element, we can get it sounding good. The variations in analog are just too high to make a generalization.

There are a lot of people who prefer Lampi to their own analog set up. For example, this thread about being satisfied with digital as compared to vinyl was started by a guy who bought the Lampi. http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...s-of-the-hobby He has a very high end analog set up - kuzma xl4, kuzma 4p . Ypsilon phono and SUT, Lyra atlas, VDH colibri and shelter harmony carts. Today he prefers to listen via his Lampi (older generation, not with new spec). Does this mean analog cannot be set up to outperform much more? No. It can, and some vinyl quality is just too real for digital to come close to. But yes, it does come close, the Lampi Nagra system had an SME 30/12 for compare too.

If someone does say their dac is better than analog outright, I would rather ignore his comments, and suggest he finds a new analog rig. But does it come close, sure. You can be satisfied in Mike Lavigne's system with the Lampi. While listening to it it is close, especially to Ortofon Anna.Yet when the vinyl stats playing, it is different, and the distance increases with the Goldfinger statement or with a 45 rpm vinyl
    Understand that Bmichels made his comparision directly. Thats why i was a bit supprised to see his preference of the Nagra. Although the Kassandra version did not have its PSU but neither does the Nagra. Also Bmichels's dealer made the switch from top of the line TotalDAC to Aries Cerat as well, if i can recall correctly.

Well if you put in into same perspective, the tube DAC like Lampizator/Aries Cerat can come close or be preferred over analog setup. But i never heard any impression that top SS DAC can perform the same, even with Trinity/DCS/MSB.

Understand that Bmichels made his comparision directly. Thats why i was a bit supprised to see his preference of the Nagra. Although the Kassandra version did not have its PSU but neither does the Nagra. Also Bmichels's dealer made the switch from top of the line TotalDAC to Aries Cerat as well, if i can recall correctly.

Well if you put in into same perspective, the tube DAC like Lampizator/Aries Cerat can come close or be preferred over analog setup. But i never heard any impression that top SS DAC can perform the same, even with Trinity/DCS/MSB.
    I heard the Nagra with battery powered MPS.

Flyer on WBF too has moved from the Totaldac to the Aries Kassandra, and I respect his opinion.

AlRainbow owns the 35k+ MSB Platinum stack and prefers his Lampi to it. In fact he even preferred his older Big 7 to it. My experience with MSB has only been at Detlof's place where we compared it to the Zanden and it was much better to both Detlof and me.

You also have this comparison of MSB and Lampi

I compared the old B7 with 101D to Trinity at Elberoth's and preferred the Trinity. The Lampi continues to upgrade through the times though, as the design cycle of Lukasz is continuous improvement rather than a 2 - 3 year cycle.

The thing with SS dacs is, for all the comments that audiophiles post, they sound very similar. SS dacs never actually improved, they just did something different causing the gulf between analog and digital. Lampi just went on a technology already established in DHT power amps. I am not a techie, but from what techie fans of Lampi say, and what makes sense to me, is that the digital actually amounts to much less of the SQ, it is the power, analog output, and the DHT which does. In which case, it makes complete sense why it sounds better than another dac with bling expensive case and dac chip and higher price tag.

One of the posts on WBF (by Sujay) reports of a trade-in of the vivaldi for the GG. dCS is going to need more than a code change to overcome the new competition like Lampi, and from what I hear, the WADAX pre/ultimate and Neodine Origine.

Which Kassandra? There are several versions and the prices skyrocket up the chain!
    A SE Lampi GG is about €12K and US $15K full retail and €3K or $4K more for balanced. € price is before VAT

Here is the pricing given to me by the US distributor at WBF:

1. Pricing in Euro is as follows (give or take 1k) not including VAT

7500 for the Prestige Series

18k for Reference Series

55K for the Siganture Series

81k for the Limited Edition Series

US Direct Pricing is as follows

12k for the Prestige

35K for the Reference Series

82k for the Signature Series

120k for the Limited Edition Series

So, given the wide disparity in the range, we need to say WHICH Kassandra was demoed in every case!
    The reference weighs 120lbs and the 2 box Signature is 240lbs. By comparison my GG weighs about 40lbs....a lightweight compared to a mid/Heavyweight.

So, one could say that on a pound for pound basis, the Aries Dacs are cheap. LoL

I am sure they sound good, and clearly are priced accordingly, but me préférences run to DHT and discrete chipless DSD playback.

Good thread here on the Aries Cerat, with Stavros (teh designer from Cyprus) chipping in with good convo.
    http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...assandra+price
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    My upgraded GG just came back from Poland..the packakge weighs 31kg including the Flight case. Oh my back, this is amplifier territory. LoL

Will let you know what I observe over time...

Norman , whats a Heil AMT Syrinx+Aulos .... ?

Swiss made speakers (recently phased out of production):
    http://precide.ch/test/Heil/e_syrinx.htm

and http://precide.ch/test/Heil/e_aulos.htm

Existing range: http://precide.ch/eng/eheil/eheil.htm
    An example of how they can be run:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NORMAN

Harley on Nagra HD Dac
    http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...ics-under-15k/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understand that Bmichels made his comparision directly. Thats why i was a bit supprised to see his preference of the Nagra.....
    To be clear, the direct comparaison I did was between the Kasandra (the 2 pieces 45K€ version) and the DAVE, and I indeed found the Kassandra more emotional and more "there".
    The NAGRA was auditioned before, but by memory it provided me more emotion than during my Kassandra/DAVE listening. But... with NAGRA it was not a direct comparaison.

db post

To be clear, the direct comparaison I did was between the Kasandra (the 2 pieces 45K€ version) and the DAVE, and I indeed found the Kassandra more emotional and more "there".
    The NAGRA was auditioned before, but by memory it provided me more emotion than during my Kassandra/DAVE listening. But... with NAGRA it was not a direct comparaison.
    Thats very clear and convincing. Thank you.

Did the price drop for the signature? The dealer quoted full retail at €55K 6 months ago. Maybe €45k is more like street price.
    NORMAN

News about the NAGRA HD DAC reported from the MUNICH's HighEnd show:

- The NAGRA HD DAC will in Fall have a new Digital Board to support 4X DSD. All existing HD DAC will be upgradable by returning them to factory for swapping a new digital board.

- There will also be a new power supply that will replace the curent MPS and be based on UltraCaps technology to totally insulate the NAGRA from the grid.

wow....any more news about this?
    so the ultracaps-PS for the new hd preamp will be the new PS for the hd dac as well??
    Price????

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    wow....any more news about this?
    so the ultracaps-PS for the new hd preamp will be the new PS for the hd dac as well??
    Price????
    I do not know more than what I wrote above. Sorry

I'm hoping the new ultra cap power supply will be like the MPS and power a few components...time will tell
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Amp: Nagra HD Preamp & Amps
    Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus & Opus Gen 5 Speaker
    Power Transparent Opus Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks:
    Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1

Nagra HD DAC

My understanding is that the hd dac will have a specific PS and the hd pre will also have a specific PS, both optimized for the respective units.

makes sense yes. actually depends on the design of the hd preamp.
    i imagine the new PS for the hd dac could power the cd transport and the classic preamp too........yeeees thats what i dream when i go to bed.
    what do you think, wouldnt that be nice,....cd, dac and pre...all running on cleanest supercap-battery power?!!

Quote Originally Posted by tunes View Post
    My understanding is that the hd dac will have a specific PS and the hd pre will also have a specific PS, both optimized for the respective units.

What I really wonder is what is the advantage to use a HD Pre in addition of a HD DAC to drive a power amp (like the HD AMP) ?

Indeed, the HD DAC has volume control and therefore can be connected directly to the HD AMP ! will it sound better with the Pré ?

Finally I got an Official answer from NAGRA by René Laflamme who wrote me on NAGRA's Facebook page: " Hi M. Michels, we will give a release date for the HDPreamp and the HDdac upgrade in August. The HD-PREAMP will be featured at the RMAF in October ! "

So... there will be soon an Upgrade from NAGRA for the HD DAC . (at least to support DSD 4x)

how do i know when the hd dac needs new tubes?

That's a good question. I just replaced after 3,200 hours on the counter. I noticed a more dynamic and detailed sound. It was subtle but important once you listen to references.
    CARLOS

EMM Labs TSDX CD/SACD Transport + DAC2X V2. DAC
    Oracle Delphi MKVI Gen2 + SME Series V & ZYX UNIverse Premium
    Kronos Pro Limited Edition + SME Series V12 & ZYX UNIverse Premium
    Nagra VPS Phono Stage + VFS + MPS
    Absolare Altius Stereo Preamp
    Absolare Altius Push-Pull Mono Amps
    Echole Limited Edition and Omnia Cables
    Torus AVR20 Power Conditioner
    Stabilian Decoupling Feet
    Speakers: Raidho D3 V2 & Raidho D1.1 Monitors

wow, thx a lot for the fast answer.
    is there a "counter"?

just found something like a counter.

it say 31h3min.
    actuall 2 counters, both say the same.
    31hours?
    5 years listening a lot, sometimes i leave the dac on for a month

I had the same problem until I requested the firmware update.

You should request it to your distributor/dealer.
    CARLOS

EMM Labs TSDX CD/SACD Transport + DAC2X V2. DAC
    Oracle Delphi MKVI Gen2 + SME Series V & ZYX UNIverse Premium
    Kronos Pro Limited Edition + SME Series V12 & ZYX UNIverse Premium
    Nagra VPS Phono Stage + VFS + MPS
    Absolare Altius Stereo Preamp
    Absolare Altius Push-Pull Mono Amps
    Echole Limited Edition and Omnia Cables
    Torus AVR20 Power Conditioner
    Stabilian Decoupling Feet
    Speakers: Raidho D3 V2 & Raidho D1.1 Monitors

Nagra HD DAC

Finally I got an Official answer from NAGRA by René Laflamme who wrote me on NAGRA's Facebook page: " Hi M. Michels, we will give a release date for the HDPreamp and the HDdac upgrade in August. The HD-PREAMP will be featured at the RMAF in October ! "

So... there will be soon an Upgrade from NAGRA for the HD DAC . (at least to support DSD 4x)
    Any idea what the update will pertain, will it be an entirely new version or can previous owners purchases be upgraded?

“Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Any idea what the update will pertain, will it be an entirely new version or can previous owners purchases be upgraded?

The "upgrade" to the HD DAC is called " Tube DAC". There is an upgrade plan available from NAGRA.

One of the main change is a new Digital board with the addition of a new Nagra proprietary Optical Input . Sound of the Tube DAC is described as better.

the hd dac itself is discontinued. the new model is called tube-dac.
    hd dac owners can do the upgrade and then it will be identical to the tube dac.

i collectet som info from
    https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threa...sic-psu.26333/

The digital board upgrade that will be available in December 2018 for all HD DAC owners is all new from the inputs AES, SPDIF, AT&T in and out, new USB circuitry as well. The new core of the D/A is processing audio at 11.2MHz _72Bit with a brand new algorithme

For the original HDDAC owner to up grade to the new digital board 11.2MHz 72 Bit will be $5500 USD in the US. That includ the shipping back and for at the factory in Switzerland.

the new ClassicPSU is available since a couple of months now but there are so many orders that it is not easy to get one.​
    You can order with 2 or 3, 12V outputs. Because the SuperCapacitors take more room inside the châssis the maximum output is 3.
    We did also a couples of shows with the new Classic PSU in 2018.

In 2017 I did play most of the time at shows some master tapes on Nagra T with tube tape head electronics and also turntable so analog sources play a lot about 80% of the time. But in 2018 with the new ClassicPSU on the HD DAC I play about 40% analog source and 60% digital. At the last RMAF in Denver we got 5 Best sound of show without turntable. That was just impossible before!​

the psu with 3 inputs is about 13k euros.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Nagra HD DAC