Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: LS50 goes wireless

Quite intriguing, will be interesting to read some reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

I'm going to likely order in a pair. Not sure how long it will take to get them, but I'll let you know how they do once in hand.
    Goldprint Audio -- Dealer For: PS Audio -- Leben -- KEF -- Line Magnetic -- DeVore Fidelity -- Joseph Audio -- Sugden -- Rogue Audio -- Manley Labs -- VPI Industries -- Bel Canto -- Alta Audio -- Tannoy -- Rega -- Kimber Kable -- Ortofon -- Chord -- Sonos -- Quadraspire -- Salamander -- SVS Sound -- Torus Power -- Audio Desk -- Gingko -- Auditorium 23 -- Box Furniture -- Krell -- Cary Audio -- Soundsmith -- EMT

www.goldprintaudio.com

LS50 goes wireless

Excellent, that would be great and I would appreciate it.

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

I would love a comparo vs the Gold Phantoms which cost 2x the price but also has far deeper bass. Active LS50 and subs should be a contender!
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Purely as a loudspeaker the Phantom is probably no competition for the LS50 as such, with its UniQ tech and all. So it just depends on how good electronics KEF are able to pack into the speaker and how much the electronics are going to mess up the passive LS50's qualities.

The wireless concepts appear really on the rise with reputable players like KEF, Devialet, Dynaudio etc. launching products.

Exactly why I would live to see and preferably HEAR a head to head comparison.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

The Gold Phantom sounds like pure marketing fluff. 4500 watts without blowing a breaker? Titanium the best material for a tweeter...I guess they haven't heard of Beryllium. Response to 14hz, come on now.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

2 Channel: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE, Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2, Manley Mahi Monoblocks, DIY SEOS Waveguide/Dipole Bass Towers
    HT: Marantz AV7005, Wyred 4 MMC5, DIY SEOS Towers, DIY 7CF Sealed 18" Subs
    PC: Wyred 4 Sound mINT, KEF Q100, Hifiman HE-6

The bass is very deep. Its an air pusher design.
    Titanium better than Alum...not the absolute best.
    Sounds very nice and significantly better than the Silver.
    Alum midrange driver is likely a compromise due to heat generated internally.
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    The Gold Phantom sounds like pure marketing fluff. 4500 watts without blowing a breaker? Titanium the best material for a tweeter...I guess they haven't heard of Beryllium. Response to 14hz, come on now.
    C/Net agrees with you here:
    "The other improvement is that the power has been boosted yet again from a ridiculous 3,000 watts to an absolutely ludicrous 4,500W. This has enabled the designers to wring an extra couple of decibels out of the machine to top out at a rock concert-worthy 108 décibels."

also
    If there's one thing I noted about the performance of the Silver Phantom is that it tended on the bright side of neutral. Based on a short listening test the sound I heard lacked the brightness of the previous model and instead sounded open and nuanced. Nick Cave's "Red Right Hand" had the three-dimensionality I'd heard in "proper" stereo systems and managed to untangle the knotty mass of deep vocals and bass line.
    Dead Can Dance's "Yulunga (Spirit Dance)" exhibited plenty of air during the 2-minute opening and then when the shaker egg appeared it sounded incredibly present. It was as if someone was shaking it in the room with us. The drums that accompany the shakers weren't as bombastic as I've heard previously, but I couldn't say without further testing of the Phantom with bassy material whether this was a good or bad thing.

and
    Comments like yours:

KT-88 5ptsFeatured
    Jul 1, 2016

Considering you cannot possibly pull 4500 W out of a 110 V 15 A wall socket, I'd venture to say there is an order of magnitude variance here. 4500 MILLIWATTS, sure. 4500 WATTS, in a small speaker, I'm calling BS. Cannot be done without an industrial-grade electrical circuit.

Reply: An excellent point. I went to their Tech Specs page for the Gold and it says: Power supply with IEC 90-240 V~50/60Hz. I'm not an electrical guy, but I'm guessing it means that it needs a 240V circuit?

Finally:
    We don't know its power consumption. All we know is that the 750w model can run on US NEMA-15 outlets. Remember, the wattage figure is the sound pressure, not electrical. Also, they are described as peak power, not continuous.
    NORMAN

Their power indication appears indeed to be based on some calculation trick. Even with the base model 750W would otherwise be earth shattering when put to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Their power indication appears indeed to be based on some calculation trick. Even with the base model 750W would otherwise be earth shattering when put to play.

Yes, it seems to be "the equivalent SPL" as what traditional gear of such and such output wattage can do.
    NORMAN

Audioshark

Fun little speakers! Definitely a big step up from the TV sound bar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

They are fun speakers....really enjoyed the units I've had here. Sold several pairs so far, and those folks are loving them!
    Goldprint Audio -- Dealer For: PS Audio -- Leben -- KEF -- Line Magnetic -- DeVore Fidelity -- Joseph Audio -- Sugden -- Rogue Audio -- Manley Labs -- VPI Industries -- Bel Canto -- Alta Audio -- Tannoy -- Rega -- Kimber Kable -- Ortofon -- Chord -- Sonos -- Quadraspire -- Salamander -- SVS Sound -- Torus Power -- Audio Desk -- Gingko -- Auditorium 23 -- Box Furniture -- Krell -- Cary Audio -- Soundsmith -- EMT

www.goldprintaudio.com

I am still digging mine also. Subwoofer integration is soooo nice on the app.
    AMP/Preamp/Speakers: Kef LS50 Wireless, Lumin D1, Cayin scd50T sacd, Technics 1200 Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP Laptop, LH Labs VI Infinity, Cables: Wireworld Eclipse & Silver IC, Platinum USB. W4S recovery.

Just saw a pair in Selfridges in London and the salesman was clueless...didnt even know they had a pair on the floor. He was busy telling me thst some Naim bluetooth bix was better. Of course i laughed and proceeded to educate him.

I swapped out the power cables and it sounds even better. I didn't go crazy on cost. I got a hold of Cullen cables and he suggested a set. After a couple of weeks on them, to me, it opened up even more.
    AMP/Preamp/Speakers: Kef LS50 Wireless, Lumin D1, Cayin scd50T sacd, Technics 1200 Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP Laptop, LH Labs VI Infinity, Cables: Wireworld Eclipse & Silver IC, Platinum USB. W4S recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by erniejade View Post
    I swapped out the power cables and it sounds even better. I didn't go crazy on cost. I got a hold of Cullen cables and he suggested a set. After a couple of weeks on them, to me, it opened up even more.
    Good to know....I've not tried swapping power cables yet.

www.goldprintaudio.com

Thought this new review from Positive Feedback would be of interest.

Audioshark

Thanks Bill. I certainly love mine, we were playing them this morning. WAY better than the stock LS50 IMHO.

Just got the LS 50 Wireless II in the abode. Have to admit I am very smitten with them. Am going back to you-tube clips etc as far back as the last decade to re-experience that glow from things I rated highly. & I only bought them for a computer speaker...
    Attached Images Attached Images

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

LS50 goes wireless