Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

M1 stereo v A1 mono

Just wondering how the M1 in stereo mode would compare to the A1 amps.

Love the look of CH gear and would love to own it one day !M1 stereo v A1 mono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: M1 stereo v A1 mono

Good question! I'd like to know as well but guess very few ppl has done such comparison in real life. The bottom line is It comes to the speakers and environment, I've shot an email to Florian and hopefully can get some insight from the designer himself.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

I have M1 mono and A1 mono.
    I am using now M1 for low and mid and A1 mono for tweeter.
    Trying M1 mono against A1 mono,sound is similar,but M1 has bigger image and depth,voice and instrument are bigger and there is more space between instruments,there is more dynamic and fast sound and the sound come out from the speaker more easy and more natural and low has more weight.
    A1 mono is fantastic but M1 is incredible.
    My M1 are only mono so i cannot compare in stereo.
    Regarsd

Great impression Gian, what speakers and other electronics are you using?

I have Bergmann Sindre with Goldfinger Statement
    CH L1 and P1 with X1 with 2 boards for L1 and X1
    Speaker italian company Montagna,3 way with magnet in Maxalco with 98 db efficiency.
    You can see old website with old model www.hiend.it,now new model is bigger
    Two friend of mine have Wilson Alexandria and TAD R1 and are selling to buy this speaker.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    I have Bergmann Sindre with Goldfinger Statement
    CH L1 and P1 with X1 with 2 boards for L1 and X1
    Speaker italian company Montagna,3 way with magnet in Maxalco with 98 db efficiency.
    You can see old website with old model www.hiend.it,now new model is bigger
    Two friend of mine have Wilson Alexandria and TAD R1 and are selling to buy this speaker.
    Regards
    That's a really nice system! Do you find full-set CH system sound a bit on the bright side to the neutral? Is there enough bass quantity? I just acquired a pair of rockport Avior and am tempted to go full CH given that I'm very happy with D1+C1 front end, just want to know more user feedback on how full-set CH performs.

M1A1 Abrams? Well their are plenty of guns for hire around here...

I listen in a shop L1 + A1 + Avior
    The sound seems perfect before with little bright of CH with little "dark" of Rockport was ok.
    With A1 in mono and M1 mono bass is perfect,very fast,deep and very good.
    A1 stereo i didnt tried in my home and i dont know
    But you can start with A1 stereo and second step another one for mono
    Regards

I'm also evaluating the CH amps/preamps. One thing I noticed that has been pointed out in some of the reviews is the sound of the amps changes with the specific configuration. Monos sound different from stereo versions of the same amp, and then you have variable feedback on top of that. To top if off, everything is modular, so you can change your configuration at any time in the future........A true audiophile nightmare
    Turntables: Acoustic Signature Invictus Jr. NEO, Grand Prix Monaco V3.0
    Tonearms: Acoustic Signature TA-9000 NEO, Kuzma Safir
    Cartridges: Miyabi Fuuga, Ortofon Century, Murashino Sumile Mono
    Phono Amplifiers: CH Precision P1, Channel D Lino 3.3
    Digital: CH Precision C1.2/D1.5/T1, Innuos Statement Nextgen, Luxman D-10X (Loan)
    Amplifiers: CH Precision L10/M10, Parasound JC1+, Gryphon Diablo 333 (Incoming)
    Speakers : Magnepan 30.7x, Wilson Audio XVX Chronosonic/Subsonics
    Cables: CAD Ground Controls/USB, Cardas Beyond Clear, Gobel Lacorde Statement
    Accessories: Artesania Exoteryc Racks & Damping Plates, Seismion Reactio, Degritter RC, RPG Acoustic Treatments/PSI AVAA, Torus Power/Plixir Elite BAC

If you use in mono,you can use in mono passive bi amp,
    so you can use one channel for bass and other channel for mid/high.
    On the channel for bass you can put some feedback to control better the woofer and in the channel of mid/high you use without feedback so the sound is better,
    You can also increase or decrease the gain from 0.5 db to 12 db for each channel.

Do you think A1 is enough for Avior or M1 is safer?

Lol, well said, nightmare or heaven?

A1 is enough for Avior,but if you can buy M1 is better

If you use in mono,you can use in mono passive bi amp,
    so you can use one channel for bass and other channel for mid/high.
    On the channel for bass you can put some feedback to control better the woofer and in the channel of mid/high you use without feedback so the sound is better,
    You can also increase or decrease the gain from 0.5 db to 12 db for each channel.
    Unfortunately the Avior doesn't allow bi-amp hence Florian recommended stereo which he thinks should be enough for my room(30mm)

Stereo is enough,
    you can buy in future a second A1 to put in mono,

Thanks Gian for the advice. Do you think L1 makes a big difference compared to C1 as a preamp? If my budget only allows M1 (driving by C1 directly) or L1+A1, which one would you recommend?

I started with C1 and A1 in mono,then i bought L1 and sound is more natural and liquid,then i bought X1,then P1 and M1.
    So,C1 is better with L1 but also M1 is better than A1,so i dont know how to suggest you.

But i think I prefer M1 with C1,then in future you can buy L1 so you finish the system.
    So M1 is definitive amp and in future you dont need to sell A1 loosing money to buy M1
    I suggest the last step to buy X1 with 2 board for L1 and C1.
    So also if you can buy something every year you can increase slowly so you can be happy.
    I bought all in 2 years.

I started with C1 and A1 in mono,then i bought L1 and sound is more natural and liquid,then i bought X1,then P1 and M1.
    So,C1 is better with L1 but also M1 is better than A1,so i dont know how to suggest you.

But i think I prefer M1 with C1,then in future you can buy L1 so you finish the system.
    So M1 is definitive amp and in future you dont need to sell A1 loosing money to buy M1
    I suggest the last step to buy X1 with 2 board for L1 and C1.
    So also if you can buy something every year you can increase slowly so you can be happy.
    I bought all in 2 years.
    That looks like a very promising upgrade path. Many thanks Gian

I'd like to know if one M1 in stereo would be enough to drive my Thiel CS 3.7s ?
    If yes i will consider a full CH rig.

I have M1 mono and before A1 mono
    M1 has 200 watt 8ohm and can reach 2000 peak watt and can drive everything

I have M1 mono and before A1 mono
    M1 has 200 watt 8ohm and can reach 2000 peak watt and can drive everything
    Hi gian i hope you are enjoying your big CH rig, thanks for your response.
    If i start in CH world i will begin with C1+X1+M1 stereo.
    Do you think adding L1 is a signigicant upgrade compared to the C1 volume control ?

I started with C1. X1 and A1 mono
    And was fantastic
    Then I bought L1 and sound became more natural and more aire
    Then I sold A1 and C1 to buy P1
    I use only TT and M1 mono
    You can buy later L1 and a second board for X1 so you can connect both L1 and C1 to X1
    The optional board for X1 cost in Italy 3.750€

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bobwah View Post
    Just wondering how the M1 in stereo mode would compare to the A1 amps.

Love the look of CH gear and would love to own it one day !M1 stereo v A1 mono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is now an A1.5 which is just being released by CH and will be shown at RMAF this coming week.
    THe Ch amps are really flexible in their ability to be used in a wide variety of applications and they can easily be changed to accommodate your system and speaker as well as changes.
    The variable feedback can be done via remote and you can dial in the best bass for your system. Everyone that has used it loves the fact that they can do that very easily.
    It is also great that you can use the amps, A1, A1.5 new and being shown at RMAF this coming week and M-1 are configurable to be stereo, mono, and or bridged agian for different systems and usage.
    I think this is an audiophile dream contrary to another post here.
    With most companies if you make a change you need to get a new component not required here.
    I have a client with 2 M1 and he has tried them with his speakers in mono same power with both power supplies, bridged more power , stereo and bi-amp with a single cable input.
    He can do all of this himself without having to do anything but change the speaker wires around.
    I have not yet heard the A1.5 but I am excited to get to hear it since the A1 has been around for a long time and what I have been told is the 1.5 is a real killer of an amp. Its more affordable than a M1 and has more power than an A1 for only a small increase in price. For many people this is going to be the amp of choice.
    If you can attend RMAF you should be able to check all the amps out.

I will attend the Swiss High End october 27th, i hope they will have the A1.5 on audition.

Quote Originally Posted by BendingWave View Post
    There is now an A1.5 which is just being released by CH and will be shown at RMAF this coming week.
    THe Ch amps are really flexible in their ability to be used in a wide variety of applications and they can easily be changed to accommodate your system and speaker as well as changes.
    The variable feedback can be done via remote and you can dial in the best bass for your system. Everyone that has used it loves the fact that they can do that very easily.
    It is also great that you can use the amps, A1, A1.5 new and being shown at RMAF this coming week and M-1 are configurable to be stereo, mono, and or bridged agian for different systems and usage.
    I think this is an audiophile dream contrary to another post here.
    With most companies if you make a change you need to get a new component not required here.
    I have a client with 2 M1 and he has tried them with his speakers in mono same power with both power supplies, bridged more power , stereo and bi-amp with a single cable input.
    He can do all of this himself without having to do anything but change the speaker wires around.
    I have not yet heard the A1.5 but I am excited to get to hear it since the A1 has been around for a long time and what I have been told is the 1.5 is a real killer of an amp. Its more affordable than a M1 and has more power than an A1 for only a small increase in price. For many people this is going to be the amp of choice.
    If you can attend RMAF you should be able to check all the amps out.
    If you were referring to my post about the audiophile nightmare.... it was a joke silly....

For the record, since that post, I have purchased CH M1(2), L1, C1, D1, T1, X1(2). If that's not an endorsement, I don't know what is.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by annapolis Raider View Post
    If you were referring to my post about the audiophile nightmare.... it was a joke silly....

For the record, since that post, I have purchased CH M1(2), L1, C1, D1, T1, X1(2). If that's not an endorsement, I don't know what is.....
    Congrats that is a great system
    Enjoy !!!

Based on your name do you have Goebel loudspeakers?

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

M1 stereo v A1 mono