Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Niagara 7000 vs Denali 6000T - my experience

Thanks Mike, good info. Have you found that the Niagra and Denali complement certain component brands and or types? Maybe SS or tubes match one better than the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Not exactly. I have a full Shunyata system in the front room in the store. Shunyata Sigma cables, sigma power, sigma digital, sigma everything plus Denali 6000T.

In the middle room it's AQ power cables, Niagra 7000 and MIT speaker/IC's. I tried the MIT power cables, but they weren't as good as Shunyata Sigma NR or the new AQ hurricane.

In the back room I'm using Ansuz. At home I use Siltech on my AG's and Kimber for my Home Theater.
    I'm a little off-topic here (and I'm sorry for that) but what do you think of the new Hurricane? I'm anxiously waiting for mine to arrive and I'm curious about your experience with it..
    Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon HC < AQ WEL Signature XLR < Chord Qutest w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < SOtM tX-USBultra w 75Ohm Master Clock Input, Paul Hynes SR5-12 Turbo XL & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Aurender N-100H w AQ Dragon Source < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Solid Tech Hybrid < Ansuz Darkz D-TC, Darkz D2, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE < Furutech FT-SWS < Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

I'm going to demo 3 conditioners: Audioquest Niagara 5000, Shunyata Denali 6000s, and Richard Gray 1200c.

I have two dedicated lines.

Richard Rogers, at Shunyata, has advised that given my two lines, rather than run both my Sources and Amp both through the 6000s, it would better to run my Sources (Mac Pro Server and Lumin S1) through the Denali 6000s and the Amp direct to the wall outlet on the 2nd dedicated line. Even better, for an extra $3400, would be to run the Sources through the 6000s and the amp through the 2000t.

I plan to also ask Audioquest if they agree with this approach (to separate Source and Amp on two different dedicated lines rather than run everything through their condiioner.

Does anyone have opinions on this?
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Bakoon 13r Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

Audioshark

Niagara 7000 vs Denali 6000T - my experience

The AQ has a giant transformer and four HC inputs. Try it both ways. I have found running the amp into the AQ HC input to produce more clarity in the highs with no loss of dynamics.

That being said, I also use the Denali 2000T for the amps in the store and love what it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Willco View Post
    I'm going to demo 3 conditioners: Audioquest Niagara 5000, Shunyata Denali 6000s, and Richard Gray 1200c.

I have two dedicated lines.

Richard Rogers, at Shunyata, has advised that given my two lines, rather than run both my Sources and Amp both through the 6000s, it would better to run my Sources (Mac Pro Server and Lumin S1) through the Denali 6000s and the Amp direct to the wall outlet on the 2nd dedicated line. Even better, for an extra $3400, would be to run the Sources through the 6000s and the amp through the 2000t.

I plan to also ask Audioquest if they agree with this approach (to separate Source and Amp on two different dedicated lines rather than run everything through their condiioner.

Does anyone have opinions on this?
    I use a Triton v3/Typhon for my source gear, and it is on a dedicated 20 amp line. Each amp also has a dedicated 20 amp line, and each line has a Denali 2000 for the amp. No issues at all, just a dead quiet background for music to emerge from.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

I have several dedicated 20A lines. My source components are connected to a Shunyata Triton V3. My amp is connected to a 20A dedicated outlet with great results. I need to tryout a T2000 for the amp.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

It's interesting that the recommendation from Audioquest, at least the guy I heard from there, is to run all components
    including amps through their Niagara 5000/7000, and not use a dedicated line for amps.

So, I'm wondering why Shunyata comes at it from a different perspective?
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Bakoon 13r Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

Quote Originally Posted by Willco View Post
    It's interesting that the recommendation from Audioquest, at least the guy I heard from there, is to run all components
    including amps through their Niagara 5000/7000, and not use a dedicated line for amps.

So, I'm wondering why Shunyata comes at it from a different perspective?
    People that race cars know that there is no replacement for displacement to make horsepower. Likewise, there is no substitute for total current capacity in an audio system. Especially so if you have high power amplifiers. So, for the fortunate people that have more than one dedicated line, it is always advantageous to use them. The best method of dividing the workload is to put the amplifiers on one circuit and all the source equipment on the other.

For those of you that do not have more than one power line available - no worries. The Denali is more than capable even if you have very high power amplifiers. Just plug the amplifiers into the HC (high current) sockets. The Denali D6000/T is designed to deliver 30 amps of continuous current (US models).

If you have the luxury of two dedicated lines - use the Denali 6000 for the source equipment and use the Denali D2000/T for the second line. The Denali D2000/T was designed specifically to improve the performance of amplifiers but many people use them for video projectors, two component systems and for headphone systems.
    Last edited by CGabriel; March 14, 2018 at 09:02 AM. Reason: spelling
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

http://shunyata.com

A great review of the new Denali 6000; congratulations Caelin and team, this is a great review(!);

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2018/...g-achievement/
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

I thought I would report on my demo of these three Conditioners: Shunyata Denali, Audioquest Niagara 5000, Richard Gray Power 1200c.

It's pretty interesting how different they are. These are just my impressions and in my system with very sensitive, highly dynamic
    Avantgarde Duo Grosso Horn speakers. Of course, YMMV!

I found the Shunyata Denali has a warmer laid back character.
    For me, too laid back compared the AQ and Richard Gray.

The Audioquest 5000 has the AQ "House Sound." That is, resolved but smooth,
    refined and almost delicate. Interestingly, the AQ's are the only one of the two
    that showed a lowering of line noise as measured by my Alpha labs EMI meter.
    (This meter is simple and a bit crude, but does measure wide band ac line noise.)

The Richard Gray, which I'm just beggining to demo is more dynamic than the other two (independent of the dedicated line). In fact it sounds downright Powerful-- power to spare and transmitting excellent
    realistic timbre.

This little known conditioner, the Richard Gray Power 1200c works with a different tech than the Denali
    or AQ. It uses two large 6000 watt parallel chokes which, as explained to me, means the output is from the
    power cord with -60db of parallel impedance filtering applied across the load.

With my 30 watt/channel Master Sound 845 tube amp there is a sense of easy power I've never heard before. This
    tech reportedly allows tubes amps to burn cooler and last longer. I can verify that the main transformer on this amp which is usually
    about hot enough to fry an egg, is now only mildly toasty.

This is all pretty surprising given the Audiophile street cred of the Shunyata's and AQ's. The RG's have been
    around for over 17 years and have a following mostly with the AV market. I would not have even
    seen them on my radar without the recommendation from Alan Maher Designs.
    http://www.richardgrayspowercompany.com

It's too early but I'm leaning to the RG, but will definitely give the AQ another whirl after the RG's
    have a couple of more days of break in. And to be fair, I haven't listened to the Shunyata or AQ with amp to dedicated line which I
    suspect is making a significant impact.

I'll be very interested to hear the AQ with the amp plugged into the dedicated line.

I found that, despite the advice from Gryphon to plug the Diablo into the wall, I got slightly better sound, particularly low bass, by plugging the Diablo into the AQ Niagara 5000. There was even more improvement when I plugged my Lumin into the Niagara 5000 compared to direct into the wall. The biggest improvement was plugging my router and NAS into the 5000. The aggregate improvement with everything plugged into the 5000 was substantial.

Caveat is that I only tested the 5000. I got a great price and went lazy and didn’t compare others. I wish I had now. Not because I regret the decision but because I was impatient and it would have been fun to test other products.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

I also took considerable comfort from the advice from fellow AS members re the AQ 5000. This forum is awesome.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

Has anyone done a direct comparison of the AudioQuest Niagara 7000 and 5000? If so, please describe the differences.

Thanks,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Has anyone done a direct comparison of the AudioQuest Niagara 7000 and 5000? If so, please describe the differences.

Thanks,
    Ken
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post

Thanks,
    Ken
    I'm also interested. The review linked below is about the only thing I've seen.
    http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipmen..._5000_7000.htm

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    I'm also interested. The review linked below is about the only thing I've seen.
    http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipmen..._5000_7000.htm
    I have both and compared both. They are sooooo close. The 7000 seems to be a little more dynamic and ever so slightly blacker backgrounds. The 7000 has the Dielectric-Biased AC Isolation Transformers, the 5000 does not.

If you have ANY tube piece, I recommend the 5000. The Dielectric-Biased AC Isolation Transformers can create a very soft buzz when a tube component is plugged into it. I mean, you have to get down on your hands and knees and ear and put your ear up to it.

Using my new line noise analyzer (I forget the name), the wall outlet measured around ~650mv of noise. The 7000 measured 4mv and the 5000 measured 5mv. My new line noise analyzer measures the whole band. Some poo-pooed the Entech as being “ban limiting”, so I got this one.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I'm using the AQ right now in my main system and the old Richard Gray for my modem, router etc on a different line in the same room. It made a nice difference for the digital stuff believe it or not. I'm running my two dedicated lines that have been in the room, but on the wrong wall, to behind the system. I"ll probably either get the AQ5000 and use it for the built in Vandy subs and then mono blocks if I go that route (have Ayre integrated now). Lot's of choices. I love the Shunyata and the AQ power conditioners. Right now, for my money, they've been the best I've heard anywhere. I have NOT heard the larger Gray unit though.

I'm using PowerBridge 8 from Clef Audio, really good one, cheap price. Now I want to upgrade it, do care about Shunyata Denali 6000S and AudioQuest Niagara 5000. Just one question: are there any hum from AQ Niagara 5000?

Quote Originally Posted by Airman View Post
    I'm using PowerBridge 8 from Clef Audio, really good one, cheap price. Now I want to upgrade it, do care about Shunyata Denali 6000S and AudioQuest Niagara 5000. Just one question: are there any hum from AQ Niagara 5000?
    I've never heard of anyone having a humming or grounding issue. Garth is possibly the top designer out there for power, cords and cables.
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20
    The Memory Player with built in DAC and headphone amp built in on order
    AQ Niagara 1000 power device
    Audioquest William Tell bi wire speaker cable
    Wireworld 8 optical cable into the Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh from the TV and Blueray to reclock
    Wireworld Platnium 8 ethernet cables into the EMO 70e ethernet filter into The Memory Player from Eero mesh router
    All routers, cable box and synchro mesh powered by the Wyred4sound LPS box with separate supplies for each
    Audioquest power outlets and four dedicated power lines in the room
    ZMF Ori headphones with the Audioarts 15' Pono balanced cable for the QX5/20
    Empire Ears Phantom CIEM's
    Rhapsodio 2.98 mk2 gold plated silver cable for Phantom

Airman welcome to the forum
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

Quote Originally Posted by FDPDK View Post
    Airman welcome to the forum
    Thank you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Niagara 7000 vs Denali 6000T - my experience