Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

The PS Audio Dectet is fantastic!

After reading Dan's review on another site for the PS Audio Dectet, I decided to purchase one of these 10 outlet units this past winter when they were having their half price sale. Aside from a six month wait for the restock, I'm glad that I went this route.

In my basement room when my wife and built out the space and wired (along with my Dad the PE who instructed and helped with the proper wiring method) our room for outlets and lights, we were sure to place the rooms' duplex and four-plex wall power outlets on a separate breaker run than the overhead recessed and track lighting. When I finally decided to use part of the space for my listening room, I then ran a dedicated 20amp circuit for the stereo gear. Since that time I never had a single "outlet strip" that would allow the plugging in of all my gear so I was always spanning the gear plug ins between the dedicated 20amp run and the rest of the room's dedicated outlets.

Since having the PS Audio Dectet installed whereby I can finally plug in my power amps into a single zone on the Dectet (bank of two), my analog power into another Dectet zone (bank of four) and my digital power into yet another Dectet zone (bank of four), the noise floor has been reduced even further than it was prior to the Dectet addition. This is especially noticed with my vinyl rig which always had a little tiny bit of ground hum that I could not eliminate. After the addition of the Dectet, that ground hum is gone entirely and my vinyl rig is running on a noise floor as quiet as the Lumin or Oppo BDP-95 player starts with.

I don't notice any lack of dynamics or any other downside to having everything plugged into the Dectet now, quite the opposite. Everything sounds better now since it's starting from such a black background.

Perhaps the Dectet is doing nothing more than allowing me to plug EVERYTHING into a single, dedicated 20amp outlet and I might have gotten the same result with any other 10-outlet strip? Who knows? I don't really care at this point as this thing is working extremely well for me....and, it also allows me to unplug all my gear with one plug from the wall during our stormy season if needed.

I like it and highly recommend it.
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

Super Moderator

Re: The PS Audio Dectet is fantastic!

Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Thanks for posting a picture of the Dectet, Joe!

It's a solid unit with vice-like grip for the Edison plugs one will use with it.
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

Super Moderator

Looks great Mike. I'll check it out.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I have one at home on my desktop/DJ setup. Fantastic product but I think their regenerators are better.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Fantastic product but I think their regenerators are better.
    Agree. As a filtered-outlet-strip (non regenerator) the Dectet is a great value.
    Avanti Audio

Mike.......I am glad my PS Audio Dectet review proved worthwhile in your decision to give it a try. I like the Dectet and use it in my studio system to extend power from my PurePower 2000 AC regenerator in one rack to my preamp and source components in a second rack. Filtration is handled in the Dectet through large core high permeability magnetic devices wound with solid heavy gauge oxygen free copper wire providing both common mode and differential mode filtering. This allows digital components, analog components and amplifiers to have independent isolated power. The Dectet Power Center also provides microprocessor controlled under-voltage and over-voltage protection, shutting power off to the Dectet if adverse power conditions are present, as well as surge protection. The three star-wired Iso-Zones are securely terminated to the receptacles and the wires are neatly routed and connected directly to the circuit board. The extruded aluminum case, receptacle sub-plate and the steel trim plate are all grounded forming a complete shield around the Dectet Power Center’s circuit board and outlets. This is an impressively built product inside and out. It is a well designed and manufactured product that is far superior to any typical six outlet power bar.

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

I am looking for a solution for an office system which will be a vintage Denon S10 system. Shall look into the Dectet further.

Speakeasy

Mike.......I would also suggest you use a quality power cord with the PS Audio Dectet. The generic 14/3 power cord provided by the factory is a throw-away starter cord, nothing more. I am using a two meter Wireworld Silver Electra power cord with my Dectet with excellent results. Even the PS Audio Dectet owner's manual advises using a premium power cable. Naturally they recommend their premium power cables and outlets. This is what the Dectet manual says:

We strongly recommend the use of a PS Audio PerfectWave Power™ AC cable and a PS Power Port™ AC receptacle to feed the Power Center electricity. While the supplied power cable is adequate for the task, it is not going to provide the best performance. Choosing any PerfectWave Power cable will make a significant performance improvement over the stock power cable.

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Quote Originally Posted by Double-D View Post
    Mike.......I would also suggest you use a quality power cord with the PS Audio Dectet.

Roger that Dan. I'm using one of my own products, a 1.0M 9ga Avanti Audio power cable terminated with Furutech FI-11G connectors to power my Dectet:

Avanti Audio

Mike.......Looking good.

Dan

Thanks Dan! Things are sounding mighty fine around here.
    Avanti Audio

Many years ago I tried a PS Audio Duet. It was the worst experience that I have ever had with a power conditioning product. It completely sucked the life out of my system. I thought that perhaps it was a synergy issue with my gear so I took it to a friends and tried it in his system. Same results there.
    From the review and post here, it sounds like PS Audio has improved their entry level product. Good news. Thanks for the update.
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Cables & Tubes "subject to change without notification".
    Complete system on battery power/solar
    Core Audio Design Rack
    DIY bass traps and custom curved diffusors.

Quote Originally Posted by jadedavid View Post
    Many years ago I tried a PS Audio Duet. It was the worst experience that I have ever had with a power conditioning product. It completely sucked the life out of my system. I thought that perhaps it was a synergy issue with my gear so I took it to a friends and tried it in his system. Same results there.
    From the review and post here, it sounds like PS Audio has improved their entry level product. Good news. Thanks for the update.

Power ampliers are best served directly to wall outlet ....

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Depends on the amps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Not necessary. I have 2 huge dedicated toroidal isolation transformers one for each mono block that can provide more instant peak power then you’re standard 20amp circuit. Additionally they also provide cleaner, blacker noise floor & more stable power then from a bare 20amp wall receptacle.
    George
    -----------------------

Aurender ACS10 Music Server > Holo Audio May KTE R2R Ladder DAC > Pass Labs XP-30 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Renaissance ELS 15A Speakers