Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

A Leap of Faith, sort of, thanks to Paul Yoo - The MISHO MYRONOV TUBE WOODENAMP and PREAMP!

Paul turned me onto the MISHO MYRONOV TUBE WOODENAMP for my Avantgarde Duo XD.

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2018/0...woodenamp.html

I bought both the preamp and amp from Misho in Bulgaria.

All I can say is wow.The combo is incredible. Dead silent, ZERO hum, wonderful vocals, huge 3D and big sound stage size.

So far, I dare say the best tube combo for my AG Duo and "only" 3.5 wpc.

37387643_10216792526469624_2292248810656628736_n.png

IMG_3924.png

5a4f5744-0537-4b70-871e-fc75f7bb2031.png
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

A Leap of Faith, sort of, thanks to Paul Yoo - The MISHO MYRONOV TUBE WOODENAMP and PREAMP!

Awesome Joe! Wood amps!

What tubes are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Super Moderator

Re: A Leap of Faith, sort of, thanks to Paul Yoo - The MISHO MYRONOV TUBE WOODENAMP and PREAMP!

I've got a woody!

Mike, you know how incredible the speakers sound, and you were oh so right. The Wooden combo just elevates my music listening sessions even more. I just can not believe how happy my system makes me. OMG! Awesome!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Re: A Leap of Faith, sort of, thanks to Paul Yoo - The MISHO MYRONOV TUBE WOODENAMP and PREAMP!

Joe went full on SET Happy for you, in audio nirvana.

Are the chassis all wood? Bulgaria is where Thrax is from. Interesting to see great gear pop up in undiscovered areas.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Joe went full on SET Happy for you, in audio nirvana.

Are the chassis all wood? Bulgaria is where Thrax is from. Interesting to see great gear pop up in undiscovered areas.
    Yes, I think so because top and bottom are full wood and the insides seem like they are routed out of the middle as necessary. These are not the syrupy sweet SET of other typical gear but it's just over to the slightly warmer side of neutral.

NAD C 658 streamer.

They are simply breath taking. Amazing combo I ever heard. It’s stupid good. I’m still shaking my head. How does he do it ???!!!

I’m so glad you are loving them much as I do. Happy for you Joe.

Paul

Sweet!

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Super Moderator

Thank you Sean. I wish you could hear them.

Paul,

Thank you for pushing me over the edge. I know you and Mike were concerned about my love for Avantgarde but deep down, I think I knew what to expect. I just didn’t realize how much my expectations would be exceeded. Same goes for the Misho gear. Sure we knew several people making the switch but you and I could not have known how great the combo would be and once on our Avantgarde speakers, they are truly a revelation.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Have either of you tried different Pre-Amps with the Misho Amp?? Just wondering if one could save some dough and just use the Misho Amp with their current fave (Like GAT2) or is there compatibility issues. I know with some brands mixing and matching doesn't fare well. Any input greatly appreciated as always!
    Amps: First Watt SIT-3, Pass XA25, Valvet E2 SE, LTA ZOTL40, First Watt SIT-1 Mono's, ARC Ref75SE, Decware Zen TorII MK4, Line Magnetic 845 Premium, Raven Reflection MK2, Audio Hungary Qualiton X200, Kingko 101Pro, Audio Hungary Qualiton I50

Pre-Amps: Luxman 900U, Coda 07X, ARC MP-1 Multi-Channel, Conrad Johnson Met-1 Multi-Channel

Disc Spinners: Luxman D-10X, Ayre DX5, Oppo 105/205

Speakers: Cube Audio Nenuphar Mini, Fleetwood Deville, Volti Razz, Spendor Classic 100, Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo 2, Klipsch Cornwall IV, Harbeth SHL5+, Harbeth C7XD, Omega Compact 8, Triangle Comete 40th Anniversary, Audio Solutions Figaro M, Graham LS3/5A

Check out my Facebook Page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS to see over 3800 authentic Music Industry Awards (Gold and Platinum Records) from my personal collection. New awards added every month. https://www.facebook.com/riaaawards

Super Moderator

Hi,

Yes, the amp matches superbly with other preamps and the preamp is absolutely outstanding on other amps. I received the amp first and started using it with the GAT2 and I was ecstatic. I have to be honest, I don’t know which preamp I prefer - the Misho Wooden preamp is that good. Here’s a quick photo I took when the combo was up and running when I first got it. After some warm up and break in, I sent Misho (Michael) an email telling him how happy I was with his gear.

Just remember, the Wooden combo are pretty much low gain pieces. The GAT2 specifically and Conrad Johnson in general are pretty high gain across the board.

4C36C93B-E8F5-416E-B154-8E3FBBB76738.png

I’m positive that with your preamps, Ref 10 and C900u, the Wooden amp would be awesome.
    Last edited by joeinid; April 4, 2019 at 08:02 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I've got a woody!

Mike, you know how incredible the speakers sound, and you were oh so right. The Wooden combo just elevates my music listening sessions even more. I just can not believe how happy my system makes me. OMG! Awesome!
    Does the wood in the amps and pre allow the electronics to resonate, like an instrument? If so, is that one of major differences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

For the last 10 years I have been worried that I would have to come out of retirement and get a job due to a woman's spending habits. I couldn't foresee that Audiophile GREED would be my retirement undoing!! Misho whats your Paypal address and do I have to send this thing back to Bulgaria if something implodes down the road??? That's probably my biggest concern.
    Amps: First Watt SIT-3, Pass XA25, Valvet E2 SE, LTA ZOTL40, First Watt SIT-1 Mono's, ARC Ref75SE, Decware Zen TorII MK4, Line Magnetic 845 Premium, Raven Reflection MK2, Audio Hungary Qualiton X200, Kingko 101Pro, Audio Hungary Qualiton I50

Pre-Amps: Luxman 900U, Coda 07X, ARC MP-1 Multi-Channel, Conrad Johnson Met-1 Multi-Channel

Disc Spinners: Luxman D-10X, Ayre DX5, Oppo 105/205

Speakers: Cube Audio Nenuphar Mini, Fleetwood Deville, Volti Razz, Spendor Classic 100, Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo 2, Klipsch Cornwall IV, Harbeth SHL5+, Harbeth C7XD, Omega Compact 8, Triangle Comete 40th Anniversary, Audio Solutions Figaro M, Graham LS3/5A

Check out my Facebook Page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS to see over 3800 authentic Music Industry Awards (Gold and Platinum Records) from my personal collection. New awards added every month. https://www.facebook.com/riaaawards

Super Moderator

I’m sure Misho factored the resonance/insulation into the design. Whatever else he’s doing is absolutely working wonderfully.

NAD C 658 streamer.

wow! beautiful! there is a special place in audio heaven for handmade amps.

wonder how the 3.5wpc would be with my 97db speakers - unfortunately, probably not sensitive enough.

congratz on finding this wonderful piece of gear and glad the leap-of-faith worked out.
    viking acoustics berlin r mk2 | almarro a318b + air tight atc-5 (phono) | clearaudio concept + virtuoso v2 MM | t+a dac8 dsd + diy transport + roon rock
    alp-tone audio analog cables | core audio designs plyKraft 3L | hifi racks ltd podium t5-iii

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Billion$Baby View Post
    For the last 10 years I have been worried that I would have to come out of retirement and get a job due to a woman's spending habits. I couldn't foresee that Audiophile GREED would be my retirement undoing!! Misho whats your Paypal address and do I have to send this thing back to Bulgaria if something implodes down the road??? That's probably my biggest concern.
    Ha!

As far as repair goes, ultimately yes, a trip back to Bulgaria could be be necessary. However, I feel confident in knowing a few technicians either in Connecticut or Brooklyn (?) that maybe in concert with Misho would be able to fix any issues that come up. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not a ton of money so I’ll do my best to deal with a repair should something happen.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by aKnyght View Post
    wow! beautiful! there is a special place in audio heaven for handmade amps.

wonder how the 3.5wpc would be with my 97db speakers - unfortunately, probably not sensitive enough.

congratz on finding this wonderful piece of gear and glad the leap-of-faith worked out.
    I’m sure your speakers could work fine. Misho was dying for me to get his gear going, even on my JBL 4367 or Klipsch speaker’s. I was using my Luxman MQ300 on my 4367 for a little while with 8 wpc and damn, thought that was great too.

He said go ahead, you might be surprised. I chickened out, sadly.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Trading punches with CJ, that’s awesome. I’m glad you are loving the new tube gear.

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Super Moderator

Thank you Sean. I’ve always been one to go for lesser known companies and give them a shot. I’ve been highly rewarded with Job, Nord, Misho and others that I cannot remember right now. There’s a lot of superb talent out there and they need to be supported.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Wow Joe...gorgeous!

What tubes do they use?
    Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

Quote Originally Posted by rrwmd View Post
    Wow Joe...gorgeous!

What tubes do they use?

Paul

Super Moderator

Thank you for responding Paul.

That’s the amp Rance.

The preamp uses an EZ80 as a rectifier and two C3m. A long life 10,000 hour rated tube from long ago.

NAD C 658 streamer.

In terms of pre , Signal come in, goes through a single pair of very high quality Siemens C3M tubes (not the normal 12ax7, 12at7, etc.), directly connected to some amazing output transformers, then to the volume attenuator, then RCA out. That's it, a single gain stage with some of the best valves ever made. If you can find a more transparent and dynamic pre I'd love to hear it

For the EL12 Amps. I find it very hard to go back to other amps. They don't have the dynamics, life and low level resolution of Mishos Wooden amps
    Paul

How does one contact Misho...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rob181 View Post
    How does one contact Misho...
    His email is as follows:

mkaybg@gmail.com

Michael is his first name. I think he might be on vacation as Paul mentioned.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Neat stuff, Joe! Enjoy as I bet they are a dream. A Leap of Faith, sort of, thanks to Paul Yoo - The MISHO MYRONOV TUBE WOODENAMP and PREAMP!
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

Super Moderator

Thanks Mike! They are awesome.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Congrats! The output transformer may be the most critical element of tube amplifiers and contributes the most to the sound. Which one does the guy use?

Paul turned me onto the MISHO MYRONOV TUBE WOODENAMP for my Avantgarde Duo XD.

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2018/0...woodenamp.html

I bought both the preamp and amp from Misho in Bulgaria.

All I can say is wow.The combo is incredible. Dead silent, ZERO hum, wonderful vocals, huge 3D and big sound stage size.

So far, I dare say the best tube combo for my AG Duo and "only" 3.5 wpc.

37387643_10216792526469624_2292248810656628736_n.png

IMG_3924.png

5a4f5744-0537-4b70-871e-fc75f7bb2031.png
    Hi Joe,
    So what are the amps you have tried so far on your Avantgardes?

Sounds awesome Joe. I knew Paul was thrilled by his -- nice to get a concurring opinion. What's the import process like?
    Parker

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman View Post
    Congrats! The output transformer may be the most critical element of tube amplifiers and contributes the most to the sound. Which one does the guy use?
    That is a great question. I am not sure but I think he either winds it himself or has it done specifically for him.

Hi Joe,
    So what are the amps you have tried so far on your Avantgardes?
    I've tried and MC275VI, MC303, MC452, Job INTegrated, Valvet E2, Dennis Had 45 monos, Cary 300B-SE, ASL Wave monos, Job 250 monos, Jolida 3502, Luxman MQ-300B, SIT3 and Naim Supernait2 and probably a few more than I remember.
    Last edited by joeinid; April 4, 2019 at 11:36 PM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by pdub View Post
    Sounds awesome Joe. I knew Paul was thrilled by his -- nice to get a concurring opinion. What's the import process like?
    Parker
    Hi Parker,

Import was a breeze. My normal mailman delivered them. Not sure if it's called EMS post or similar. The only thing was that the preamp was held up in customs for almost a week. The amp sailed right through and both packages were is awesome shape, better than I expected. No additional duty or anything to my home in NY.

NAD C 658 streamer.

That is a great question. I am not sure but I think he either winds it himself or has it done specifically for him.

I've tried and MC275VI, MC303, MC452, Job INTegrated, Valvet E2, Dennis Had 45 monos, Cary 300B-SE, ASL Wave monos, Job 250 monos, Jolida 3502, and probably a few more than I remember.
    You forgot the Luxman 300B, SIT3 and Naim

Paul

And XA-25
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Super Moderator

I've tried and MC275VI, MC303, MC452, Job INTegrated, Valvet E2, Dennis Had 45 monos, Cary 300B-SE, ASL Wave monos, Job 250 monos, Jolida 3502, Luxman MQ-300B, SIT3 and Naim Supernait2 and probably a few more than I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    You forgot the Luxman 300B, SIT3 and Naim

Fixed!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    And XA-25
    Actually I can't say that I've tried the XA25 yet. Hopefully soon.

Ha!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Sounds like you have the perfect setup now with the Wooden's.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Add to your lists I can go on few myself as well.

Accuphase E650
    Kondo Overture
    Finale Audio 6V6 ( these 3 currently I have with Wooden set up )

Thöress F2A11
    AirTight ATM3 monos
    Audio Aero 211 monos
    Avantgarde Int amp
    McIntosh 2301’s

I may forget few as well.

Paul

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Sounds like you have the perfect setup now with the Wooden's.
    I absolutely do and I'm extremely lucky.

Between the Misho and GAT2 preamps, the Misho amp, Valvet E2, and SIT3, I have it all covered. The Luxman MQ300 is a wonderful 300B amp but doesn't get as much playtime these days. I'll have to think about what gets listed for sale next.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Accuphase E650
    Kondo Overture

Thöress F2A11
    AirTight ATM3 monos
    Audio Aero 211 monos
    Avantgarde Int amp
    McIntosh 2301’s

I'll have to try an E650 but I'm not sure it'll best what I have now. Having an integrated could be a wonderful thing, though. The Luxman class A integrated could be just as good

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thank you Joe and Paul for a great words about my amps!

To answer some questions - each audio transformer used in my amps is designed and made by me. Each designed specifically for the task, and has been heavily prototyped, tested, auditioned and redesigned and again and again untill I was happy not with the sound OR measurements only, but both.

All my amps completely designed by me, the basic principles - simplicity, transformer coupled stages and transformer outputs.

The wooden chassis has a complex structure, each layer designed to accommodate corresponding parts, and after glueing together it become a "solid plywood" 3D unit

Warranty and service - I'm sure provide full service support for my amps, life long. But it will not be needed most likely - if amps used in a correct way and not abused - it will serve troubleless for decades. It was designed this way

Do not hesitate to ask questions, I will be happy to answer (if not going too deep where proprietary things are starting

And very important note - each amp is made by my own two hands, so production capability is very limited.
    I'm trying to carefully plan my working schedule so there will be no dead ends in production.
    I have no amps on a shelves (I wish but everything is gone immediately), so no sales as such but only making on orders.

Best regards,
    Misho

Super Moderator

Misho,

Thank you so much for joining. Welcome to the forum!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thank you Joe!

Super Moderator

Paul and I absolutely love the sound of your preamp and amp on our Avantgarde speakers.

I know some have asked. You are making a phono preamp now? I’m sure that will be just as awesome as everything else.

I think you will need 10 posts before you can add photos but Paul and I can help if you need any additional help here on the forum.

Thank you again. I should be sleeping but I’m loving my music too much to turn it off.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thanks a lot for your kind and inspiring words!

I'm making phono pre amp as well, it's a bit different - while having a separate PSU made in my "classic" wooden style, the riaa pre amp psrt had brass top and botom plates, in order to provide sufficient shielding. Using some wood inside as well. The topology is a bit different from used by most, I'm using passive split correction circuitry.
    I'm adjusting the riaa curve precisely for each pre amp.
    Tubes used - fantastic low noise ecc808, ecc82 and 6Н6П. Power supply has independent rails for different stages.
    It's a phono pre amp that I'm also happy with. The only difficulties is that it requires too much time to make, assembly and adjust...
    Still have no my own phono pre, the ladt I made went to a friend in Macao....

Super Moderator

Thank you for the additional information. I can imagine all the work that goes into each piece. I’m ecstatic with the end result.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Accuphase E650
    Kondo Overture

Thöress F2A11
    AirTight ATM3 monos
    Audio Aero 211 monos
    Avantgarde Int amp
    McIntosh 2301’s

Wow! That's quite a list of big names, between the two of you, to beat out!

Quote Originally Posted by Audio-Antiquary View Post
    Thank you Joe and Paul for a great words about my amps!

To answer some questions - each audio transformer used in my amps is designed and made by me. Each designed specifically for the task, and has been heavily prototyped, tested, auditioned and redesigned and again and again untill I was happy not with the sound OR measurements only, but both.

All my amps completely designed by me, the basic principles - simplicity, transformer coupled stages and transformer outputs.

The wooden chassis has a complex structure, each layer designed to accommodate corresponding parts, and after glueing together it become a "solid plywood" 3D unit

Warranty and service - I'm sure provide full service support for my amps, life long. But it will not be needed most likely - if amps used in a correct way and not abused - it will serve troubleless for decades. It was designed this way

Do not hesitate to ask questions, I will be happy to answer (if not going too deep where proprietary things are starting

And very important note - each amp is made by my own two hands, so production capability is very limited.
    I'm trying to carefully plan my working schedule so there will be no dead ends in production.
    I have no amps on a shelves (I wish but everything is gone immediately), so no sales as such but only making on orders.

Best regards,
    Misho
    Thank you! Just a few basic questions:

First, why did you choose the tubes you chose? Were you after a particular design or after a particular sound? Is it the tube or is it the design that drives the sound you want?
    Second, why wood? Why not just go for a metal enclosure like everyone else?
    Third, what inspired you to get into this? Was there a speaker you like that you wanted to sound better?

Good Luck to You!

Super Moderator

Wow! That's quite a list of big names, between the two of you, to beat out!
    In Paul’s case, absolutely! He and I were talking about it and he listens in disbelief. Especially since some of the gear costs many more times the Wooden gear.

NAD C 658 streamer.

In Paul’s case, absolutely! He and I were talking about it and he listens in disbelief. Especially since some of the gear costs many more times the Wooden gear.
    Yes, some stuff like AirTight, Luxman, and Kondo has legendary name recognition. Most people would just settle and stop right there. Great to see you guys really go out there and find out for yourselves, instead of trusting the raves of others.

In terms of sound, where does the Wooden gear sit between the classical tube (more euphonic) tube sound vs. the more cleaner, modern tube sound?

Yes, some stuff like AirTight, Luxman, and Kondo has legendary name recognition. Most people would just settle and stop right there. Great to see you guys really go out there and find out for yourselves, instead of trusting the raves of others.

In terms of sound, where does the Wooden gear sit between the classical tube (more euphonic) tube sound vs. the more cleaner, modern tube sound?
    The Wooden project has no tube sound. I know I know its hard to believe it and describe it. I would say they just play music ( hmmm this is just too common words ) They add nothing to the sound. Huge 3 dimensional sound. The separation is just unreal. Extraordinary sound. My Kondo has bit more fuller and warmer presentation so its bit different but I would ranking the Wooden project equal to Kondo.
    Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team