Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Re: The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !

Hello,

Thank Joe & all of you for your comments on this JOB INTegrated. I have read all your posts & already placed an order which will be shipped next Monday as informed by the JOB team.

The Job INT amp is going to drive my Tekton Design Pendragon pair & I will report back when the Job INTegrated amp arrives.

Happy Holiday with all the Best wishes.

Tran

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Tran. Thank you for joining. Thank you for the kind words. I think you will love the combo.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

... anyone with this JOB INT: what powercord are you using (something from your "collection", or purchased specifically for the JOB)?

I'm using PS Audio X-Stream Statement SC and luv it... using an older Pioneer Elite DV37 with optical cable as a transport (to take advantge of the DAC in the JOB) and it sounds sweet into my late 1990's Gershman Avant Garde RX-20's...

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.

I’m using the Job sweetcord.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Good morning dear all,

I plan to get a INT but have a question on its output stage, because i am using a vintage Polkaudio SDA SRS which requires a 'common-grounded amplifier'..do you know if INT is a common grounded amp? i.e. its speaker -ve terminal on both channels are interconnected and grounded? thx

Super Moderator

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

I absolutely love my Job INTegrated.

I have no idea about your question. I'd contact them directly at the following email address:

info@jobsys.com

Quote Originally Posted by leon1234 View Post
    Good morning dear all,

I plan to get a INT but have a question on its output stage, because i am using a vintage Polkaudio SDA SRS which requires a 'common-grounded amplifier'..do you know if INT is a common grounded amp? i.e. its speaker -ve terminal on both channels are interconnected and grounded? thx

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post

Thanks Joe very much!!

Anyone heard the current and the original Job INTegrated together?

In the 6moons review of the Goldmund Telos 560 Next Gen I saw not only the same mainboard is used as in the new Job INTegrated but also the same dac-board and input-board. So the sound of the new Job INTegrated might be even better than before.

Unfortunately Job tells me the original INTegrated can't be updated.

Synology NAS, LPS-1, microRendu, Job INTegrated, Penaudio Cenya.
    Synology DS112 - microRendu + LPS-1 - Job INTegrated - Penaudio Cenya

I am new here and about to order the INTegrated. My only slight hesitation in not having any results of what the current production analogue sound is like. Job have confirmed to me that the analogue input is no longer digitally processed.

Does anyone run a phono stage into the analogue inputs? If so, what is the sound like when compared with the digital input?

Super Moderator

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by jaaptina View Post
    Anyone heard the current and the original Job INTegrated together?

In the 6moons review of the Goldmund Telos 560 Next Gen I saw not only the same mainboard is used as in the new Job INTegrated but also the same dac-board and input-board. So the sound of the new Job INTegrated might be even better than before.

Unfortunately Job tells me the original INTegrated can't be updated.

Hi Jaap,

I am on a couple days off and finally took the chance to swing by Goldmund's "new" HQ (its now 2 years old).

While there I chatted for 15 mins with my usual contacts. Tore is in charge of the Integrated and I posed him your questions.Note I have never heard old or new Integrated and could not even get a loaner as they are flying off the shelves. (I also did a bit of lobbying for the 250 monoblocs and while they did not commit, in 2019 they are thinking of new products to refresh the JOB line. Perhaps a dual mono Integrated with Job 250 type power in a big chassis? Who knows?

Anyway, cutting to the chase, the main updates to the new Integrated are the straight analog pass thru design (purist approach, so Analog domain improved), no more conversion to digital as an intermediary. Indeed the whole redesign of the Integrated is to updated USB/DSD handing which is now 256x capable and many of the other changes are as a result of that. Overall easier to handle with possibly slightly better SQ.

Hope that helps.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Hi Jaap,

I am on a couple days off and finally took the chance to swing by Goldmund's "new" HQ (its now 2 years old).

While there I chatted for 15 mins with my usual contacts. Tore is in charge of the Integrated and I posed him your questions.Note I have never heard old or new Integrated and could not even get a loaner as they are flying off the shelves. (I also did a bit of lobbying for the 250 monoblocs and while they did not commit, in 2019 they are thinking of new products to refresh the JOB line. Perhaps a dual mono Integrated with Job 250 type power in a big chassis? Who knows?

Anyway, cutting to the chase, the main updates to the new Integrated are the straight analog pass thru design, no more conversion to digital as an intermediary. Indeed the whole redesign of the Integrated is to updated USB? DSD handing which is now 256x capable and many of the other changes are as a result of that. Overall easier to handle with possible slightly better SQ.

Hope that helps.
    Hello Wisnon,

Thank you for your efforts. Maybe this gives a rest to the itch. I'll try to wait for the 2019 news.

Greetings,
    Jaap

Perhaps a dual mono Integrated with Job 250 type power in a big chassis? Who knows?
    That would be awesome. I had asked for that exactly in their recent Facebook feedback question.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, the main updates to the new Integrated are the straight analog pass thru design, no more conversion to digital as an intermediary. Indeed the whole redesign of the Integrated is to updated USB? DSD handing which is now 256x capable and many of the other changes are as a result of that. Overall easier to handle with possible slightly better SQ.
    Thanks Norman. That is really interesting. Does that mean the new DSD is now native and not DoP?
    If so that would be really nice as I really am not a fan of the DoP method with it's clicks and pops.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Most welcome.

Yes, they read FB and take suggestions seriously from customers.

That Super Integrated (dual mono) idea would be a killer if it comes in at around $3500.

I didn't ask any details about DSD native of DoP, so not sure, but Tore did say the DSD is now be better specced.

iFI audio claims that they have improved their DoP to such a point that it equals native in terms of processing load and SQ...no more clicks.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Hi, I’m looking for an integrated amp (preferably with DAC) and have come across the JOB INTegrated which maybtick my boxes.
    Does anybody have any experience with Focal Electra 1008be speakers with the JOB, or focal in general?
    My room is 4x5m, open to the dining to the right.
    I have to listen at low volume after my daughter goes to bed, so low volume listening is important. Right bass is important too.
    Budget is $2000. I currently use a Nuprime IDA 8, which is a lovely unit but feel the clarity lacks at low listening levels, and to my mind, doesn’t control the bass as well as I’d like when turning the volume up (could be partly a room issue, but a cheaper amp faired better with bass but was sibilant, a Cambridge Audio offering).

Super Moderator

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

The Job integrated is wonderful. I have and still use mine. For what you get it’s a steal. It’s clean, clear, a little sweet, very open and three dimensional, superb at low volume because it’s dead quiet, fast and has nice bass. As long as the speaker impedance doesn’t drop much below 3 ohms, you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by harper7178 View Post
    Hi, I’m looking for an integrated amp (preferably with DAC) and have come across the JOB INTegrated which maybtick my boxes.
    Does anybody have any experience with Focal Electra 1008be speakers with the JOB, or focal in general?
    I have to listen at low volume after my daughter goes to bed, so low volume listening is important. Right bass is important too.
    Budget is $2000. I currently use a Nuprime IDA 8, which is a lovely unit but feel the clarity lacks at low listening levels, and to my mind, doesn’t control the bass as well as I’d like when turning the volume up (could be partly a room issue, but a cheaper amp faired better with bass but was sibilant, a Cambridge Audio offering).

NAD C 658 streamer.

The Job integrated is wonderful. I have and still use mine. For what you get it’s a steal. It’s clean, clear, a little sweet, very open and three dimensional, superb at low volume because it’s dead quiet, fast and has nice bass. As long as the speaker impedance doesn’t drop much below 3 ohms, you will be fine.
    Thanks Mr. Joe.

The speakers stay mostly above 4 ohms.

Sensitivity (2.83V/1m)

89dB

Nominal impedance

Minimum impedance

3.9Ω

Super Moderator

You should be good to go then. I love all the Job gear. I’m hoping new monos come out eventually. Some users have moved on but if you stay within its power envelope, it will reward you with great music.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I'm one of those who have "moved on", but I would just like to point out it had absolutely nothing to do with the Job's. I had the 250 monos and I loved them! I even changed my mind when I had a buyer for them as I couldn't let go of them, but in the end I had to. This was more a decision of scaling down to less boxes and cables and going for an integrated solution instead. My only "criticism" of the Jobs are the binding posts which feels a bit cheap, but once everything is connected and music is playing it is easily forgotten about. Highly recommended!
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Quote Originally Posted by harper7178 View Post
    My speakers have a similar spec and sound great with the JOB INT.
    I think you should be in a great shape with the Focal Electra 1008be

Quite frankly the INT will embarrass many amps ... it's really that good.

Bonus Tip:
    Order some Duelund DCA16GA Tin plated hookup wire from PartsConnexion as speaker cable.
    Don't bother getting them terminated. Just connect them bare wire and enjoy.
    The Duelund does have a break in time period of about 200 hrs before it sounds best

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Just recently I added Western Electric cable to Job INT

WE 16 GA speaker wire + WE 18 GA based power cord.

For those familiar with Jeff Day's blog & Western Electric cable - I was very keen on trying the WE cables in my setup but WE 16GA cable has been pretty scarce. Just recently, I managed to get a power cord based on the WE 18 GA cable recipe and WE 16 GA speaker cable.

I first added the WE power cord in my setup. Something changed but it took me a while to figure out that it opened up the high frequency region giving it a sense of ease. While this was a subtle change it was enough to peek my interest further. Adding the WE16GA speaker cable was much more dramatic change in my setup. It instantly opened up the lower frequencies providing weight and foundation to the music. In comparison the Duelund cable was more centred on the mids and highs. The effect is almost like adding a little bit of sub woofer help.

I really like what the WE cable has done for my setup. Vintage tone mixed with ultra fast Swiss circuits is a very nice sound!
    2 Channel Stereo :

Super Moderator

Thank you so much for the update. I’ll have to try the WE16GA cable. I still love my Job INT. It’s great, even on my AG Duo.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Nikhil, where did you acquire the WE cables or did you purchase the Dueland equivalent?

The cable I have was sourced from Japan.

eBay seller tajacobs (Jake) is a reliable source.
    His cable though is 90s "vintage" but sounds great.

Just remember to order enough length of cable pairs. The cables from Jake come terminated with the original switchboard connectors. Just strip those off and use them bare wire.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Thx Nikhil

Deleted
    TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33
    Infinity IRS-V speakers with Xover redone by Arie Nudell.

Thank you so much for the update. I’ll have to try the WE16GA cable. I still love my Job INT. It’s great, even on my AG Duo.
    Especially on the Duos.

I have a pal who was never satisfied with his Duos till he used the Job 225. Makes no sense, but the 225 improved the bass module integration, even though the bass module is ACTIVE. Head scratcher.

AG loves JOB.
    NORMAN

Super Moderator

Especially on the Duos.

I have a pal who was never satisfied with his Duos till he used the Job 225. Makes no sense, but the 225 improved the bass module integration, even though the bass module is ACTIVE. Head scratcher.

AG loves JOB.
    Absolutely !!!

I love Job and look forward to more products from them.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Enjoying mine too. Still wish I could upgrade to the version with the direct analog inputs. Longing to try a different dac.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-H870 met Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Enjoying mine too. Still wish I could upgrade to the version with the direct analog inputs. Longing to try a different dac.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-H870 met Tapatalk
    Me too. There's no "upgrade" offered. Was still thinking of ordering another just for that reason but I might just wait.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I was using the INT with an external DAC for a while. It works great but IC cable selection is key. I found the Belden 8402 to work really well. But yes it is an interesting thing to see if the straight analog input improves the sound. It also brings up the point of how much of a role the Alize chip plays in the sound of the INT. To me one of the best features of the INT is the tight integration of DAC + amp that removes the need for additional cables.

Ever since I have had the INT, I listen to all kinds of sources - AppleTV, Youtube, Soundcloud, TuneIn Radio - and they sound pretty good thanks to the Alize chip IMO. Of course DSD still sounds great when you send it down the wire but still it's interesting to see if bypassing the ADC would help improve sound from average quality sources.
    2 Channel Stereo :

My JobIntegrated has stopped outputting to the left channel. It's just about two years old, and the warranty is for only one year, so I'm wondering if anyone has had similar issues, and if so, how did you fix it. I assume there are some checks I can make (it's the left channel), but I don't have a schematic, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Regards,

Don Ivey
    North Carolina

Don, I’m sorry to hear you’ve encountered an issue with your Job. Perhaps, fellow owners can chime in but most of all, I hope Job/Goldmund is able to take care of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

I looked around inside for a fuse for each channel, and apparently they don't exist. So, since I'm out of warranty, I took it to a technician and he will see if he can fix it. If not, guess the only option is to send it back to Switzerland. Ugh!

Super Moderator

Don,

I am not at my computer right now but I can possibly give you the names of 2 people that may be able to help you before you send if off to the home country.

I will respond late tonight. Fingers crossed.

Joe

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thanks a lot, Joe, appreciate your help.

Don

Super Moderator

Hi Don,

PM coming in a few minutes, I'm working on it now.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

PM sent...

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thanks Joe for the recommendations. I'll get in touch with them and see what can be worked out. Regards,

Don Ivey

Super Moderator

Good luck!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    To me one of the best features of the INT is the tight integration of DAC + amp that removes the need for additional cables.
    There was a remark in one article, not sure which one (6moons I think), that INT is what it is because of how each of its internal stages is combined together. Not too much benefit in using this one as anything else than integrated amp, too little to gain. Can anyone confirm?
    Knightrider7007

KITT: "There's no need for increased volume. I'm scanning your interrogatives quite satisfactorily..."

Not sure what you are saying. Int 2 has direct analog inputs that are not digitized before amplifying...so is a leg up from Int 1.
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider7007 View Post
    There was a remark in one article, not sure which one (6moons I think), that INT is what it is because of how each of its internal stages is combined together. ...
    Short answer: Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider7007 View Post
    ... Not too much benefit in using this one as anything else than integrated amp, too little to gain. Can anyone confirm?
    The INT does not have a pre out so it can only be used as an integrated amp i.e. there is no other way to use it. But if you mean the 6 moons article, the context there was a comparison with the Job 225 + Job Pre (or any other Preamp). In comparison, the INT combines amp and preamp plus a DAC section. So seamless integration of three components in one box is the calling card of the INT.

In my case it has replaced all the boxes in my listening setup. I did try using an external DAC for some time but direct connection via USB provides all the benefits of the speed and clarity of the Job circuit. Anything else in between and it seems to take away from the sound signature.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Hi guys,

I hope to seek some advises as I have recently bought a preowned Job Integrated V2 amp for my Dynaudio Special 40. However, the sound is quite bright and sharp to my ears. Is it due to a mismatch between the amp and speakers? Should I change my cables to tame the brightness?

Bluesound Node 2i-Schiit Gungnir-(IC:Mogami 2803)-Job Integrated V2-(SC:Tellurium Q Black 2) Dynaudio Special 40

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, Thank you for joining.

I’ve never experienced any Job being sharp or bright. In fact, I think Job is usually a little sweet on top or at least neutral and very musical.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by thyewb View Post
    Hi guys,

I hope to seek some advises as I have recently bought a preowned Job Integrated V2 amp for my Dynaudio Special 40. However, the sound is quite bright and sharp to my ears. Is it due to a mismatch between the amp and speakers? Should I change my cables to tame the brightness?

Bluesound Node 2i-Schiit Gungnir-(IC:Mogami 2803)-Job Integrated V2-(SC:Tellurium Q Black 2) Dynaudio Special 40
    Sorry for my ignorance but why is the Gungnir connected to the Job?

If he has the Job Integrated version where the analog inputs are now truly analog then connecting the Gungnir is not an issue. Based on the measured low sensitivity and impedance of the Special Forty's the pairing with the Job based on my experience with the 225 wouldn't have been my first choice. With that said you might be able to tone it down a bit with the Dueland cables.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

But why getting an integrated with Dac if the existing Dac will be used anyway?
    The only reason I could think of would be that he got it for a very "good" price.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !