Fenestria

dznutz

Anyone here had a chnace to hear these... opinions?

dznutz.......The PMC Fenestria certainly looks good.

fenestria%20walnut%20540x540.jpg

fenestria%20white%20wBox%20540x540.jpg

fenestria%20cutaway.jpg

LOL, Im sure we can all google images and videos. Im looking for peoples impressions who have actually seen and heard them.

I can buy a pair for a real nice price and dont know if its a worthwhile venture

dznutz.......Well, snark aside, until I searched Google I had never seen the PMC Fact Fenestria. Figuring it may be the same for others, I posted what I thought were interesting photos and videos I managed to find. Right now you're in the same boat I'm in, never heard them. Perhaps someone who has will chime in. I do own and absolutely enjoy my pair of PMC EB1i speakers. They sound fabulous, not just to me but to everyone who has visited and heard them. I suspect the new PMC Fact Fenestria is an exceptional performer. I would love to hear them.

These absolutely look awesome. I had no clue about them too. Thank you Dan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe.......I noticed at the end of the first video about assembly that the PMC Fenestria has a 20 year warranty. That is serious support.

This is an interesting interview with PMC's owner Peter Thomas and his son Oliver Thomas discussing the design of the PMC FACT Fenestria speaker.

Absolutely, plus it looks like you have to know what you are doing during assembly.

Absolutely, plus it looks like you have to know what you are doing during assembly.

Joe.......Yes, it looks like a two person assembly would be necessary. At $52K you certainly wouldn't want to mess it up trying to assemble the speakers by yourself.

Available Finishes: Tiger Ebony, Rich Walnut, White Silk

Crossover Frequency: 3.8kHz & 380Hz

Dimensions: H 1700mm (66.9”) x W 370mm (14.6”) x D 623mm (24.5”) including binding posts

Drive Units:LF — 6.5” transverse-weave, carbon-fibre, multicellular-core piston driver
MF — 75mm rear-chambered, soft-dome driver isolated in nest mount
HF — 19.5mm, SONOMEX™ soft-dome, ferro-fluid-cooled driver with 36mm wide surround, neodymium magnet, micro custom chassis, silicone Aureole™ isolation mount
Effective ATL™ Length:2 x 2.4m (7.9ft)

Frequency Response: 23Hz - 25kHz

Impedance: 4 Ohms

Input Connectors:Hex-Rhodium 4mm binding posts (3 pairs) accepting 4mm plugs, spades & bare wire

Sensitivity: 86dB @ 1W, 1m

Weight: 80kg (176 lbs) each, including plinth

dznutz.......I saw the price listed as [FONT=&quot]£45,000 in an article from the Munich show. I used the Google currency converter which is now showing $58,000. Another quick search a few minutes ago of CEPro brought up an article that says the Fenestria is $65,000. You win. [/FONT]:congrats:

PMC is one brand that I’m sorry for not demoing or even owning. I briefly heard a mid level model that was wonderful. Unfortunately never got the chance to follow up with them.

PMC has an unusual marketing approach... Many years ago they were affiliated with Bryston and shared common US distribution, then they switched to a well established US distributor, but a couple of years ago they setup their own distribution branch in the US. I expected after taking over their US distribution that they would expand their dealership representation but it hasn't happened. It remains a brand with very limited distribution that has no dealers across large portions of the US. They seem to have very good success in other markets and are a well respected brand with unique transmission line technology, but I'd really like to see them gain more exposure and availability in the US market.

Back