Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumin T2

Audioshark

Lumin T2

http://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-t2.html

The A1 and T1 are being retired and replaced with the new T2. Pricing to be around $4500.

Order one today from Suncoast Audio. Lumin T2
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Lumin T2

The essence of T2 is: Dual ES9028PRO, DSD512, same processors and FPGA from X1, analog output stage and clocking system derived from X1. The chassis is shaped like the original A1 but is done in a way to fit the T2 pricing. MQA Roon Ready Qobuz Tidal Spotify Connect TuneIn features as before. An internal power supply is used.

In addition to the balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analog outputs, T2 inherits the X1 feature of being able to be used a streamer to output to an external DAC via USB or BNC-SPDIF.

(The T2 model name always reminds me of Terminator 2 )
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I'm (most likely) upgrading....
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Very cool, Peter, looks like the T2 could move ahead of the S1 and I'd bet with an external power supply could even surpass it.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    The essence of T2 is: Dual ES9028PRO, DSD512, same processors and FPGA from X1, analog output stage and clocking system derived from X1. The chassis is shaped like the original A1 but is done in a way to fit the T2 pricing. MQA Roon Ready Qobuz Tidal Spotify Connect TuneIn features as before. An internal power supply is used.

In addition to the balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analog outputs, T2 inherits the X1 feature of being able to be used a streamer to output to an external DAC via USB or BNC-SPDIF.

(The T2 model name always reminds me of Terminator 2 )
    Peter - Can you clarify your comments on the “same processors” as the X1? According to Lumins site, the X1 uses ES9038PRO chips vs. the T2 ES9028PRO.

Thx!

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Good afternoon friends foreros.Yo with my Lumin D2 I am happy. As you know it sounds very analog, very nice. And I wonder if they change the dac chip (saber 9028) will sound as good as the WOLFSON WM8741? Thank you. Greetings.

From the internal pictures the T2 also seems to have omitted the dual Lundahl output transformer coupling of the S1 and X1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    Peter - Can you clarify your comments on the “same processors” as the X1? According to Lumins site, the X1 uses ES9038PRO chips vs. the T2 ES9028PRO.
    In the way we use the terminologies, ES9038PRO, ES9028PRO, and WM8741 are digital to analog conversion (DAC) chips. By "processor" we mean the CPU that deals with the digital signals, file format handling, network protocols, (optional) re-sampling, etc. without conversion to analog.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    Good afternoon friends foreros.Yo with my Lumin D2 I am happy. As you know it sounds very analog, very nice. And I wonder if they change the dac chip (saber 9028) will sound as good as the WOLFSON WM8741? Thank you. Greetings.
    We think it is better. Please get an audition when you have the chance. We are shipping today so dealers will get the first units in the coming weeks.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    From the internal pictures the T2 also seems to have omitted the dual Lundahl output transformer coupling of the S1 and X1.
    Good observation. Yes, this is the primary difference in the analog output stages between T2 and X1.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

[CITA = wklie; 258706] Creemos que es mejor. Por favor consigue una audición cuando tengas la oportunidad. Enviamos hoy para que los concesionarios obtengan las primeras unidades en las próximas semanas. [/ QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the reply. Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    I just learned that we had a Lumin A1 (WM8741) user listen to T2 and he thinks T2 is much better.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I am from Argentina and there is no official dealer of the brand. On my next trip to LA I will visit upscaleaudio. Thank you. Greetings.

Audioshark

I just learned that we had a Lumin A1 (WM8741) user listen to T2 and he thinks T2 is much better.
    Interesting. The A1 was very analog sounding.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

The T2 will most probably be my next upgrade from the D1 with external psu I have at the moment.
    I always think (before upgrading anything) how can it get any better?
    I'm always surprised Lumin T2
    Boenicke Audio W11 Speakers with SwingBase; MFA Baby Reference V2 Passive Preamp; Lumin T2; Nord One SE UP NC500DM Stereo; SRM Arezzo Turntable; Ortofon 2M Blue; Michael Fidler MM Pro; 2 x REL S/510; Van Damme Blue series/Mark Grant

ATMOS/DTS X 5.1.4: Sony VPL-VW290ES; 103" Screen Excellence Enlightor Neo; Arcam AVR390; Nakamichi AVP1; Sony UBP-X800M2; XTZ Cinema Series: M6, S5, S2; XTZ 12.17 Sub

I use the BubbleUPnP app.
    Is my current Playlist saved on the Lumin or app?
    Just wondering if I upgrade to the T2?
    Boenicke Audio W11 Speakers with SwingBase; MFA Baby Reference V2 Passive Preamp; Lumin T2; Nord One SE UP NC500DM Stereo; SRM Arezzo Turntable; Ortofon 2M Blue; Michael Fidler MM Pro; 2 x REL S/510; Van Damme Blue series/Mark Grant

ATMOS/DTS X 5.1.4: Sony VPL-VW290ES; 103" Screen Excellence Enlightor Neo; Arcam AVR390; Nakamichi AVP1; Sony UBP-X800M2; XTZ Cinema Series: M6, S5, S2; XTZ 12.17 Sub

Is there one model above the T2, which is the top of the range?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Dummies View Post
    Is there one model above the T2, which is the top of the range?
    S1 and X1

I am very curious to compare the T1 to the T2. I have the T1. Both the T1 and the A1 have external power supplies which I understood contributed significantly to the sound quality of these units. I am wondering how the internal switching power supply will compare. Seems like this is somewhat of a trade off. I will be interested to hear what others think...and particularly interested to hear from someone (Mike) who is able to do a side by side listening comparison.

I use the BubbleUPnP app.
    Is my current Playlist saved on the Lumin or app?
    Just wondering if I upgrade to the T2?
    If you use BubbleUPnP app you'll need to find out whether the app itself supports some sort of playlist backup function.

In case the Bubble is using OpenHome (especially if you use Bubble DS Next) instead of just UPnP to control the Lumin player, then the current playlist also resides in the Lumin hardware - this makes it possible to use Lumin app to save the current playlist to the iPad and back up to iCloud. When you upgrade the Lumin player hardware, the playlist can be restored from iPad to the new player hardware.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

If you use BubbleUPnP app you'll need to find out whether the app itself supports some sort of playlist backup function.

In case the Bubble is using OpenHome (especially if you use Bubble DS Next) instead of just UPnP to control the Lumin player, then the current playlist also resides in the Lumin hardware - this makes it possible to use Lumin app to save the current playlist to the iPad and back up to iCloud. When you upgrade the Lumin player hardware, the playlist can be restored from iPad to the new player hardware.
    BubbleUPnP does use OpenHome but I've been told by the designer of BubbleUPnP that his Android app does not save the Playlist.
    I have the Android Lumin app installed which I only use to update the Lumin firmware.
    Can I use the Lumin Android app to save my current playlist and be able to transfer it to the BubbleUPnP app?

Not sure. You may do some test by using the Lumin app to backup the playlist first.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

How do I save a playlist with the Lumin app?

Just ordered a T2.
    Wasn't going to but had a good discount, so went for it.
    Fingers crossed there's a noticeable difference to the D1 I have.

This is a very interesting piece and would be a perfect endpoint to support my whole home system if it had build in wireless communications.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Jim

Pretty easy to resolve the wireless part with this or something like it. Has worked for me for several years.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Exten...eless+extender
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

How do I save a playlist with the Lumin app?
    Hi there. You can save a playlist via the button shown here:
    http://www.luminmusic.com/images/app-playlist-save.png

Taken from these instructions:
    http://www.luminmusic.com/support-app.html#playlist
    [Associated with LUMIN]

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Jim

Pretty easy to resolve the wireless part with this or something like it. Has worked for me for several years.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Exten...eless+extender
    I have used both Apple and now Netgear Orbi solutions to "hardwire" endpoints for this location. The Orbi satellite solution is finally working properly but I would sooner remove that device and go with a all-in-one unit.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Jim

It's worth a try and from Amazon if it doesn't work any better send it back.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Just ordered a T2.
    Let us know how it compares. I am thinking of getting the T2 also. Upgrading from a T1.

Just ordered a T2.
    The T2 shares the same processing architecture, output buffer design as the flagship X1, and with the ESS9028 pro DAC, I am sure you will find the differences to be huge.

LUMIN / WestminsterLab

The settings I already have on the Lumin app, will these be sent to the T2 when the app is launched or will I have to input them again?

The settings will need to be re-adjusted, and Tidal/Qobuz login too.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by thingswelike View Post
    Hi there. You can save a playlist via the button shown here:
    http://www.luminmusic.com/images/app-playlist-save.png

Taken from these instructions:
    http://www.luminmusic.com/support-app.html#playlist
    Was going to save the Playlist but I'm using the app on an Android mobile and the Lumin app doesn't work very well on it.
    I can't see the 'save' button.
    I need to rotate my mobile but it won't rotate. Not sure if it's the mobile that is stopping it from rotating or the app itself?
    I could buy a second hand mini iPad but I really can't be bothered just to do this one thing.

What is the X1 technology that Lumin mention that the T2 has?

What is the X1 technology that Lumin mention that the T2 has?
    Rather than reiterating post #2 and post #31, I'll put this in another way: T2 is the result of bringing X1 design to an aggressive price point. Some costly nice-to-have components have been changed (such as the really expensive chassis), but the essence of what significantly contributes to SQ is there.

For the playlist backup need on Android, I'll try to send you a beta version with an improved GUI (so it is more clear) by tomorrow after doing some verification.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Today's batch of T2 has already been fully allocated to distributors worldwide. There is one last batch of T2 before Lunar New Year, so place your orders now otherwise there may be a delay in getting one!
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Rather than reiterating post #2...
    Sorry, I forgot about the information of yours in post #2

Was going to save the Playlist but I'm using the app on an Android mobile and the Lumin app doesn't work very well on it.
    I can't see the 'save' button.
    I need to rotate my mobile but it won't rotate. Not sure if it's the mobile that is stopping it from rotating or the app itself?
    I sent you a beta app in PM with a clearer GUI for playlist save/load. It is not supposed to rotate in smartphone mode.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I sent you a beta app in PM with a clearer GUI for playlist save/load. It is not supposed to rotate in smartphone mode.
    Thanks. I will test it later.

I've saved my playlist and it was saved in a second or two. I have about 1900 tracks in my playlist.
    The amount of time it took to save, is this about right?
    I want to make sure it saved correctly.
    Thanks again

Playlist Save is instantaneous.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Playlist Save is instantaneous.
    Just as Lumin support...

I'm expecting (hoping) for arrival of the T2 beginning of next week.

Showroom Dummies, seems like you and me is walking on the same path once again....
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    Just as Lumin support...

I'm expecting (hoping) for arrival of the T2 beginning of next week.

Showroom Dummies, seems like you and me is walking on the same path once again....
    Not sure when I will be getting my T2. I was told there is a slight delay with delivery.
    It will be interesting what you think of it compared to your D2.

Has anyone compared the Lumin T2 with the Aurender A100. They seem to be similar priced.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Note that T2 supports DSD512 (so you can play downloaded DSD256 music or use Audirvana or Roon to do DSD512 upsampling) and balanced analog output - if your preamp supports a balanced input that is usually a better choice. Lumin is Roon Ready, and allows you to use alternative control UI. Comparing a dual ES9028PRO design with a single AK4490, the theoretical advantage on paper is obvious. So I don't consider functionality and DAC design to be on the same level. To the other product's credit, they do have internal storage for music, which Lumin players do not.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Note that T2 supports DSD512 (so you can play downloaded DSD256 music or use Audirvana or Roon to do DSD512 upsampling) and balanced analog output - if your preamp supports a balanced input that is usually a better choice. Lumin is Roon Ready, and allows you to use alternative control UI. Comparing a dual ES9028PRO design with a single AK4490, the theoretical advantage on paper is obvious. So I don't consider functionality and DAC design to be on the same level. To the other product's credit, they do have internal storage for music, which Lumin players do not.
    I'm not a fan of DSD nor of Roon I both consider them a bit meh. Also Sabre DAC are IMHO a bit over hyped. None of the best DACs (EMM labs, dCS, Schiit and Metrum) I've heard uses Sabre DACs. But maybe I should be more open minded. Also EMMlabs and dCS are way out of my price range.

Please do not think that I say Lumin isn't good. Ive heard Lumin at my dealer and I'm especially impressed with the new D2 and U1 mini.

If my dealer will have the T2 on stock I will give it a serious listen. To be honest I'm still a bit on the fence if a dac/streamer in one box is the way to go. But it safes room in my rack and it safes on cables.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

I've been nothing but happy and very satisfied with my D2, I've really come to appreciate the whole idea of streamer and DAC of equal high quality in a one box solution. Savings on both power and signal cables almost covers the whole cost of the unit and I do believe there are SQ benefits to this as well. I wouldn't stare too much at specific DAC chip and wether you "like it or not", as I believe it's also very much about the actual implementation and how you use it, it's not like all DAC's with a specific chip sounds the same.

I bought the D2 while waiting for the T2 to be released as I felt the older models were becoming a bit dated hardware wise, and maybe also to give Lumin a try before investing too much. The D2 really took me by surprise, a lot of bang for the bucks so to speak and I can't say that I really miss much. I wasn't really looking for a new streamer/dac, but now when the T2 is finally here I cannot resist going for it, it seems by the specs to be everything I wished for.

I'm not using the Lumin app though, I'm a convinced Roon user and that's the way I want a streamer to work, to just be a reciever or endpoint, similar to what Spotify Connect is doing also. In the future I hope all major streaming services like Tidal and Qobuz will work like this also, making software for the hardware devices redundant because how hard they try, they will never be able to keep up with the UI's of these streaming services own solutions.

If I were you @Mordante, I would not hesitate to test the T2 properly when it arrives at your dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    I've been nothing but happy and very satisfied with my D2, I've really come to appreciate the whole idea of streamer and DAC of equal high quality in a one box solution. Savings on both power and signal cables almost covers the whole cost of the unit and I do believe there are SQ benefits to this as well. I wouldn't stare too much at specific DAC chip and wether you "like it or not", as I believe it's also very much about the actual implementation and how you use it, it's not like all DAC's with a specific chip sounds the same.

I bought the D2 while waiting for the T2 to be released as I felt the older models were becoming a bit dated hardware wise, and maybe also to give Lumin a try before investing too much. The D2 really took me by surprise, a lot of bang for the bucks so to speak and I can't say that I really miss much. I wasn't really looking for a new streamer/dac, but now when the T2 is finally here I cannot resist going for it, it seems by the specs to be everything I wished for.

I'm not using the Lumin app though, I'm a convinced Roon user and that's the way I want a streamer to work, to just be a reciever or endpoint, similar to what Spotify Connect is doing also. In the future I hope all major streaming services like Tidal and Qobuz will work like this also, making software for the hardware devices redundant because how hard they try, they will never be able to keep up with the UI's of these streaming services own solutions.

If I were you @Mordante, I would not hesitate to test the T2 properly when it arrives at your dealer.
    I think the software that comes with the streamer for me is deal maker/breaker. I expect the software to be good and I expect regular updates. Buy 3rd party software, no thank you. My NAS isn't powerful enough to run software like Roon and the idea that i would have to buy a computer and keep it running all the time to run streaming software seems odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    I think the software that comes with the streamer for me is deal maker/breaker. I expect the software to be good and I expect regular updates. Buy 3rd party software, no thank you. My NAS isn't powerful enough to run software like Roon and the idea that i would have to buy a computer and keep it running all the time to run streaming software seems odd to me.
    Well, to me it's the other way around, using a hardware vendors UI is making me feel locked in and limited, where Roon and Spotify Connect is giving me the freedom of using what I want, I can change streamer in a second without having any dependencies, libraries or playlists to be concerned about. I can see that it looks simple and convenient to you, and it's good that a UI is provided of course, but I sincerely hope that the future of streaming is moving more towards technologies like Roon and Spotify Connect as I described above, where the streamer is just playing what you tell it to play, from wherever, in highest possible quality. But, we're not really there yet, and unless you want to use Roon or Spotify, your current option is to go with a streamer UI that you like. I think the Lumin app has got some praise, but I haven't really bothered looking myself as I have no interest in it.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lumin T2