World's smallest 128GB Flash Drive

jdandy

rewlt8t8inogvzts4bgo.jpg

This $120 flash drive sits almost flush when attached. Read speeds max out at 130MB/s so it isn't isn’t the fastest USB 3.0 flash drive but it is amazingly tiny.

Mike.......I think that flash drive is better left plugged in or it will be lost in a flash. :P

I'm just thinking about the days when I remember a huge hard drive that was 128GB and thinking "wow, that's a lot of space". Now they aren't thumb sized drives, they're thumb nail sized drives.

Boot a CAPs server with this. Easy to interchange your configuration builds.

I'm just thinking about the days when I remember a huge hard drive that was 128GB and thinking "wow, that's a lot of space". Now they aren't thumb sized drives, they're thumb nail sized drives.

I remember when a huge hard drive was 60 Mb. My ex ran her company off the first 3Com network system in the early '80s off that minuscule thing.

The first laptops were 20 Mb and the whole world jumped up and down when Everex in South Korea came out with a HUGE 40 Mb hard drive! They thought then that was the limit.

Or I ran my early computer driven spectrophotometer in the early '90s off a 120 Mb hard drive. Problem was DOS could only deal with a 20 Mb drive so the disc had to be partitioned into 6-20 Mb drives. What that meant was one lost 4Mb on each drive so in reality had a 100 Mb hard drive.

How times change.

Myles...if your ex has that machine in working order still it is now valued its NIB price.

I'm thinking of the days when a Seagate ST-225 a 20MB a half height hard drive with (MFM) encoding was huge. I guess that was before your days Mike. :D

DSC00216.JPG

DSC00216.JPG

Attachments

• $_35.JPG
    $_35.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 8
George...The sound of the ST-225 was wow factor for me back then. I would love to own an IBM with one inside it again.

I have a 64GB drive that is maybe 2x that size, but still very small and much cheaper. I use it for all my digital music files and leave it plugged into the car.

I guess that was before your days Mike. :D

Oh my....not close. I first worked on a WANG computer using punch cards. I was programming in the 80's on Commodore PET computers. I remember using computers before there was internal storage. You loaded from a tape or a floppy disk. I worked extensively on the first Apples. I began building PC's in the late 80's and continued into the late 90's. I attended the first "Internet Conference" in Canada (I want to say it was 1993) and the lead speaker was John C Dvorak - someone I consider still to this day to be one of the early internet/tech gurus.

So, yeah, nice try. I suspect my computer experience predates most on this forum and one of the reasons I don't "geek out" today for computer audio. Been there, done that.

Back