Analysis Plus.

sharkmouth

Does anyone have experience with these cables & a comparison to what else you have used please?

I have the Solo Crystal interconnects throughout my system. They replaced my beloved DIY Jon Risch 89259/89248 twisted pair interconnects, which have bested quite a few cables in the past.

They just do everything right!

However, fair warning, I have been beta testing the new Triode Woire Labs interconnects and they do indeed best the Analysis Plus, being mostly the same everywhere but have a more transparent top end. More "air". Pete has got a winner there. He is introducing them at AXPONA this weekend.

I have the Solo Crystal interconnects throughout my system. They replaced my beloved DIY Jon Risch 89259/89248 twisted pair interconnects, which have bested quite a few cables in the past.

They just do everything right!

However, fair warning, I have been beta testing the new Triode Woire Labs interconnects and they do indeed best the Analysis Plus, being mostly the same everywhere but have a more transparent top end. More "air". Pete has got a winner there. He is introducing them at AXPONA this weekend.

I too use Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Copper. And I have Pete's American Speaker wire....a great combination. So you think Petes new interconnects best the Solo Crystal copper? Pete told me they are a hybrid design....so whats he using in the interconnects?

I didnt what to pay the price for the Analysis Plus Crystal Copper speaker wire, so I gave Petes new Speaker cable a try and boy oh boy....they are great!

You said the new "Spirit" interconnects have more "transparency and air" with a better top end? Now how can you get more of a top end? the top end on the Analysis Plus is the best I've heard the way the notes linger and go on forever with piano notes and cymbals?

Try Pete's new interconnects and you will see what I mean. They sound just like the Analysis Plus in many ways, but have a more open top end. Natural, not forward, just more air there.

Try Pete's new interconnects and you will see what I mean. They sound just like the Analysis Plus in many ways, but have a more open top end. Natural, not forward, just more air there.

You've certainly peaked my interest! Do you find the A+ forward? The cable I used before these where but not the Solo Crystal...at least not in my system.

Not forward at all, after break in (they took a bit over 100 hrs to break in sufficiently).

Yes I love the Analysis Plus Solo Crystal cable...and I use them with Pete's Speaker wire....great combination. I told him if I changed interconnects I would give his Spirit interconnects a try. I know they are Hybrid and from the way you described them, makes me think he has silver in them with the continuous cast copper. Silver doesn't do well in my system with copper. I have Canton speakers which are a nice speaker that needs no silver.

nope - no silver, all copper, with a super cryo treatment. Tried many different geometries and wire combo's until we found this one that gets it all right IMO. Quite frankly, I don't know why he is selling them so cheap. It's a lot of work to put them together.

nope - no silver, all copper, with a super cryo treatment. Tried many different geometries and wire combo's until we found this one that gets it all right IMO. Quite frankly, I don't know why he is selling them so cheap. It's a lot of work to put them together.

Sounds just like the speaker wire which I love...but what makes the interconnect a Hybrid cable?

Sounds just like the speaker wire which I love...but what makes the interconnect a Hybrid cable?

It's a hybrid material design in which one of the conductive materials is Ohno Continuous Cast copper...

Also, the connectors are very high quality, super low mass (with equal + & - mass) & ultra-low in capacitance...

With interconnects, EVERYTHING can make a difference in SQ...

My $0.02,
Pete

It's a hybrid material design in which one of the conductive materials is Ohno Continuous Cast copper...

Also, the connectors are very high quality, super low mass (with equal + & - mass) & ultra-low in capacitance...

With interconnects, EVERYTHING can make a difference in SQ...

My $0.02,
Pete

Oh conductive materials....Sorry for the confusion Pete!

I'd like to know if anyone has had experience with AP's new Silver Apex IC? Michael Fremer briefly commented favorably on this IC, which he now shows as part of his ref system.

I’m a dealer for them and have had a bunch of their cables on trial. They are all excellent, especially the power cords. They hit way above their price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are lots of great reviews on Analysis Plus products. I am going to buy some bulk A+ 12awg Chocolate speaker wire which is supposed to be the same as the Oval 12 but with an in-wall rating according to A+ when I emailed them. The weak link in my cables are the speaker cables. I am still using BJC 10g belden that I terminated. They work but there is a lot better. I need 12-13 foot runs due to the placement of my electronics. I have been reluctant to spend $1K-2K on good cables because you never know how they are going to sound. The A+ Chocolate bulk cable is cheap at about $200 for 25 feet. Compare that to the Oval Black 12 at $370 pr for 2 runs of 12 feet. I will need to terminate them on the amp end with flat spades because of the Pass amp which can't take banana's or angled spades.

Mike, can you order the A+ Chocolate oval with pins/banana's on one side and spades on the other end? I was on their web site and on one of their higher end cables it looks like the spades are flat and will fit the binding posts on my Pass x250 amp.

Mike, can you order the A+ Chocolate oval with pins/banana's on one side and spades on the other end? I was on their web site and on one of their higher end cables it looks like the spades are flat and will fit the binding posts on my Pass x250 amp.

Yes, I can order it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back