New simple rig in mind

Thieliste

Hi guys, here's the new rig that i have in mind to downsize my project without sacrificing quality : Borresen 01 speakers + CH Precision I1 integrated + Totaldac D1-direct DAC.
This rig would fit in smaller room and have good WAF.
Let me know what you think.

this past weekend at the rather small new york audio show, i heard the ch-precision i1 integrated paired with stenheim alumine 3 speakers. IMO, it was the best sounding set-up... by far.

fantastic detail and bass extension -- high frequencies were crystalline but not shrill or grating -- overall, a very nice and rich SQ ...it was particularly compelling with the analog source!!

digital was played using the internal DAC and the ethernet board which makes the i1 a roon ready device. the sound was quite good. however, like you, i would explore external DACs looking for one with a more "organic" sound and then see which i liked better -- i say this probably because the analog was just so good that most anything would have suffered in comparison. [also, not sure what electrical noise mitigation measures were in place or even possible in that setting which, IME, greatly affect the SQ of digital]

the i1 would definitely be on my short list for a high-quality SS amp in an elegant and low footprint system.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6930.jpg
    IMG_6930.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 175
Hi guys, here's the new rig that i have in mind to downsize my project without sacrificing quality : Borresen 01 speakers + CH Precision I1 integrated + Totaldac D1-direct DAC.
This rig would fit in smaller room and have good WAF.
Let me know what you think.

Is there a reason you'd prefer to use the D1 instead of an integrated dac module/ethernet renderer in the ch piece? Just curious. Another possibility, if you already have the d1 or have your heart set on it, is usinge the d1 with a ch a series power amp. This would really come down to how good the pre in the d1 is...unfortunately, i have not had the pleasure of hearing a totaldac piece so can't comment on that.

Is there a reason you'd prefer to use the D1 instead of an integrated dac module/ethernet renderer in the ch piece? Just curious. Another possibility, if you already have the d1 or have your heart set on it, is usinge the d1 with a ch a series power amp. This would really come down to how good the pre in the d1 is...unfortunately, i have not had the pleasure of hearing a totaldac piece so can't comment on that.

Yes there is, The Totaldac D1-Driver is a much better DAC than the one included in the CH integrated.
The D1 Driver is even not that far from Totaldac's flagship the D1 Twelve mkll.
One other aspect is that i don't want a full CH system, i like the idea of choosing my own DAC and i much prefer Totaldac as opposed to CH, MSB and others for the DAC part.

Back