BAT VK-56SE, VK-76SE or REX II ? ...

joeinid

Super Moderator
Anyone using BAT tube amps now? Thoughts on what you are hearing?

I’d love a REX II but could enjoy the VK-56SE.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 8389EF84-A2AD-491D-B989-BC2A46218D10.png
    8389EF84-A2AD-491D-B989-BC2A46218D10.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 177
Mike are you a BAT dealer? I broke out my VK-50SE this past weekend. It is on par with the ARC REF5SE except it needs those nasty Jensen capacitors replaced...snap crackle and pop.

Loved my 51SE/75SE combo back in the day. Wish we'd see more BAT gear out there. One thing I discovered owning a bunch of it was that BAT gear likes BAT gear.

Mike are you a BAT dealer? I broke out my VK-50SE this past weekend. It is on par with my ARC REF5SE except it needs those nasty Jensen capacitors replaced...snap crackle and pop.

Nope. I took some on trade. Always fun to play with different gear and combos. Man do they put off some wicked heat. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was always interested in BAT. The newer stuff looks great. Except for the heat and need to replace caps on older gear, I’ve never read a bad word.

I sold some gear for a new direction, so I’m looking forward to new sounds.

Joe we will surely enjoy reading about your adventure.

I was always interested in BAT. The newer stuff looks great. Except for the heat and need to replace caps on older gear, I’ve never read a bad word.

I sold some gear for a new direction, so I’m looking forward to new sounds.

Anyone using BAT tube amps now? Thoughts on what you are hearing?

I’d love a REX II but could enjoy the VK-56SE.

these are sweet looking amps indeed... the 6c33c-b output tubes are fantastic but they do put out quite a lot of heat.

have not heard a BAT but my almarro integrated SET amp uses two of them driven by 6sl7 and 6sn7 signal tubes and i cannot say enough good things about this pairing... crazy detailed, dead quiet and so musical, especially with NOS rca signal tubes.

interesting sidelight is these are russian military tubes and were used in mig-25 aircraft:

Joe we will surely enjoy reading about your adventure.

Thank you Marty. That’s very kind of you. As plans firms up, I’ll be able to see what choices present themselves. A few deals fell through so I need to be flexible.

these are sweet looking amps indeed... the 6c33c-b output tubes are fantastic but they do put out quite a lot of heat.

have not heard a BAT but my almarro integrated SET amp uses two of them driven by 6sl7 and 6sn7 signal tubes and i cannot say enough good things about this pairing... crazy detailed, dead quiet and so musical, especially with NOS rca signal tubes.

interesting sidelight is these are russian military tubes and were used in mig-25 aircraft:

Yes, I heard about the Russian jet use of those tubes. Amazing indeed. Thank you for telling us about the Almarro amp. I remember wanting that a long time ago.

Even BAT solid state has the reputation for sounding tube-like. The heat will actually be a plus for me in the winter should I decide on this but the summer will be brutal for BAT gear so I’ll have plenty of time to look for summer alternatives.

Mike are you a BAT dealer? I broke out my VK-50SE this past weekend. It is on par with the ARC REF5SE except it needs those nasty Jensen capacitors replaced...snap crackle and pop.

I replaced all the Jensen caps in my 51se. It is not hard to replace them. I bought caps direct from Jensen. I spoke with Mr. V.K. and he said that the newer versions of the Jensen caps don't have the same problem as the older ones. He also stated that they BAT would replace the caps with free labor but the parts would cost $900. I paid $260 for the caps.

That’s quite the savings. I’m sure it sounds great now.

I replaced all the Jensen caps in my 51se. It is not hard to replace them. I bought caps direct from Jensen. I spoke with Mr. V.K. and he said that the newer versions of the Jensen caps don't have the same problem as the older ones. He also stated that they BAT would replace the caps with free labor but the parts would cost $900. I paid $260 for the caps.

Are you planning on ever selling your 51SE?

Back