Auditioning ARC Reference 250 SE monoblocks at home

Sharp 2160

I decided to sell my Theta prometheus monoblocks and go back to stereo only in my main room. Unfortunately the room is in transition with the 120" screen removed from the wall. I am waiting on a consult from Vicoustics to determine what is needed for the wall. For right now I have on loan from my local dealer (8 miles away) his demo pair! Totally in shock as the soundstage presentation is totally different from my solid state amps. Much more "liquid" as some describe it often. More to follow as this is the first day with them.

Attachments

• OW2R1878.JPG
    OW2R1878.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
attachment.php

Attachments

• OW2R1878.JPG
    OW2R1878.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 197
No great surprise considering your incombent pre amplification Sharp......Synergy Synergy Synergy.

Perhaps consider asking your dealer if you could demo a set of TA Reference level IC's.

If you wish to take your Ref10 up a notch seek out a pair of dealer tested General Electric 6550A 's in place of the factory Sovtek power regulators, the latter sounding 'Glassy' and less harmonic than NOS

No great surprise considering your incombent pre amplification Sharp......Synergy Synergy Synergy.

Perhaps consider asking your dealer if you could demo a set of TA Reference level IC's.

If you wish to take your Ref10 up a notch seek out a pair of dealer tested General Electric 6550A 's in place of the factory Sovtek power regulators, the latter sounding 'Glassy' and less harmonic than NOS

He no longer carries Transparent. Got into a row with Karen S. I have a pair of D'Agostino Progression monoblocks on order and being built. The dealer is headed to my house right now to pick up his store demo Ref 250 SE monoblocks. Also thanks for the tube suggestion. I am leaving the stock Sovtek 6550A in for now. Once I am really familiar with the system with the new amps then I may consider replacing tubes.

Back