Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 258
  1. #1

    My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Well since this forum is about sound, I thought it a good idea to list some of my best sounding music in audiophile terms.
    Unfortunately that means no Robert Johnson, Charlie Parker, Pablo Casals, Art Tatum, Heifetz...... since the recording quality of these albums is not outstanding but luckily I own a number of equally good but well recorded music in various formats.



    1. Andre Heuvelman; After Silence.
    2. Carmen Gomes; Thousand Shades of Blue.
    3. Paul Berner Band; Road to Memphis.

    After some consideration I decided to be bold and put three of my Sound Liaison Studio Master Downloads at the top of my list.
    These 24/96 hi-res WAV files has a depth and natural decay combined with a warm wide sound stage which none of my other recordings can touch. Not bad for a small independent label.
    Andre Heuvelman's After Silence is a stunning prove that he most be one of the worlds foremost trumpet players. I only have this download for a few days now but it is so convincingly recorded and produced that I had to put it on top.
    Carmen Gomes knows how to move you without having to use any of the cheap effect's so many singers are constantly using putting them self's above the music, not here, this is straight from the heart.She turns Chris Isaac's ''Wicked Game'' into a hauntingly beautiful song of desperate love. True mastery.
    Monty Alexander trio alumni, Paul Berner has made an achingly beautiful ''americana'' jazz album, with reed player Michael Moore in top form. The album with two guitars makes Bill Frisell come to mind.
    The interplay between the guitars is incredible.

    Sound Liaison; Music Store



    4. Dough McLeod; There's a Time
    5. Minnesota Orchestra; Symphonic Dances
    6. Albert Fuller; Bach & Rameau

    Equally good are the Keith Johnson recordings from Reference Recordings. These were my top audiophile musics until Sound Liaison came along.
    The Doug McLeod recording has a similar sound as the Carmen Gomes ''Thousand Shades of Blue'' album, deep, warm and very natural. If it wasn't for the fact that Doug's voice is moving a little bit from left to right in the stereo image, that album would have been at No 1 or 2 together with Carmen Gomes.
    The Minnesota Orchestra's recording of the Symphonic Dances is simply the best recording of a symphony orchestra that I own.
    Albert Fullers lovely interpretations of Bach and Rameau's Harpsichord music. If you think you don't like the sound of a harpsichord, check this one out you'll be surprised.Reference Recordings Complete Audiophile Classical Music Orchestra and Jazz HDCD Catalog



    7. Keith Jarrett; at the Blue Note.
    8. Bobo Stenson trio; Serenity.
    9; Peter Erskine trio; As it is.
    For piano trio recordings these 3 ECM albums are sublime.I know that a lot of people adore the the old Rudy van Gelder recordings but the sound of the piano he never got right. ECM does.
    ECM Records - Home


    10. Joni Mitchell; Travelogue.
    Joni looking back and rerecording her best songs, with gorgeous Vince Mendoza arrangements.
    Her voice is deeper, more ''lived'' and her phrazing reveals her love of Billie Holiday. The recording is sublime with a BIG sound stage.

    Now I will go back in time, analogue time, and the music from these L.P.'s will probably be known to most of you in one format or the other.


    11.Miles Davis; Kind of Blue. this album needs no introduction. It has stood the test of time. The new remasters sounds even better. Manfred Eicher of ECM says that the sound of that album is what he is TRYING to achieve.

    12. Sonny Rollins;The Bridge. Sonny and Jim Hall brings Coltrane and Miles to mind in contrast but maybe with an even bigger empathy.''God Bless the Child'' breathtakingly well played and sounding.Very clear placement of the instruments.That is actually what Sound Liaison and Reference Recordings has reintroduced a good, and well defined sound stage. A sound stage where it feels as if you can point a finger at each instrument and say; there it is! see the bass at 10 o'clock!

    13.Frank Sinatra; Only the Lonely.This must be the recording that inspired the engineers of the Travelogue recording and is in my opinion the best Frank Sinatra album.
    14.George Shearing with Nancy Wilson;the Swinging is mutual!
    Listen to track 2 side one '' All Night Long'' That track almost,but just almost, makes me believe that old thick LP's sounds better than modern Hi-Resolution Studio Master Wav files.
    15.Monica Zetterlund with Bill Evans;Waltz for Debby.This sweet Sounding recording shows what a fantastic accompanist Bill Evans was. The Swedish engineers knew what they were doing too, a clearly defined sound stage.

    16. Milt Jackson and Wes Montgomery; Bags Meet's Wes.
    Pat Metheny's favorite Wes album.Again placement and every instrument recorded to it's full potential. The tape machine was not running completely steady so the sound is trembling ever so slightly.
    17.John Coltrane; Crescent. So I guess that to keep the peace I better put in one Rudy van Gelder engineered album.Rudy did know how to record a saxophone and the drums sounds good too. Rudy's true strength though was balance.

    18.Bobby Timmons trio;In Person. I love Ron Carter, the bass player,and he is magnificently prominent here, talkin' 'bout DEEP BASS.

    19 Arthur Grumiaux, Bach Sonatas & Partitas. Somehow this recording tell's it like it is; this is the sound of the violin, this is how the Partita's sound. Just like with Carmen Gomes, MUSIC first!
    20. Holy Cole;Temptation. This is an old favorite of mine, sound of the bass has not stood the test of time, but the production is incredible.

    21. Me'shell Ndegocéllo; Peace beyond Passion, again great production and.... placement.Unusual for a funk album from this period.
    22. Dave Brubeck; Time out. almost forgot this one, that would have been unforgivable. Time Out is an audiophile classic.

    oops... I see that I went past the limit of 20 and I did not even get to Mingus; Ah Um... Steely Dan... Ray Charles..........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by A.S.; January 11, 2015 at 12:24 PM. Reason: img

  2. #2
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    26,957

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    What a great post! Thank you!!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, EMM Labs, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, Vivid Audio Loudspeakers, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    666

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Not necessarily my style of music but great post.
    Barry

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Posts
    610

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Thanks for the post A.S.
    Michael

    Magico S5s; PASS Labs Xs150s and Xs preamplifier; Lumin A1; Synergistic Research Galileo LE Powercell, Galileo LE speaker cables and interconnects, Galileo LE Analog and Digital power cords, Transporter Ultra SE, Tranquility Bases, MiGs, HFTs, XOTs, FEQ, Vibratron and Bass Station.

  5. #5

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by A.S. View Post
    Well since this forum is about sound, I thought it a good idea to list some of my best sounding music in audiophile terms.
    Unfortunately that means no Robert Johnson, Charlie Parker, Pablo Casals, Art Tatum, Heifetz...... since the recording quality of these albums is not outstanding but luckily I own a number of equally good but well recorded music in various formats.



    1. Andre Heuvelman; After Silence.
    2. Carmen Gomes; Thousand Shades of Blue.
    3. Paul Berner Band; Road to Memphis.

    After some consideration I decided to be bold and put three of my Sound Liaison Studio Master Downloads at the top of my list.
    These 24/96 hi-res WAV files has a depth and natural decay combined with a warm wide sound stage which none of my other recordings can touch. Not bad for a small independent label.
    Andre Heuvelman's After Silence is a stunning prove that he most be one of the worlds foremost trumpet players. I only have this download for a few days now but it is so convincingly recorded and produced that I had to put it on top.
    Carmen Gomes knows how to move you without having to use any of the cheap effect's so many singers are constantly using putting them self's above the music, not here, this is straight from the heart.She turns Chris Isaac's ''Wicked Game'' into a hauntingly beautiful song of desperate love. True mastery.
    Monty Alexander trio alumni, Paul Berner has made an achingly beautiful ''americana'' jazz album, with reed player Michael Moore in top form. The album with two guitars makes Bill Frisell come to mind.
    The interplay between the guitars is incredible.

    Sound Liaison; Music Store



    4. Dough McLeod; There's a Time
    5. Minnesota Orchestra; Symphonic Dances
    6. Albert Fuller; Bach & Rameau

    Equally good are the Keith Johnson recordings from Reference Recordings. These were my top audiophile musics until Sound Liaison came along.
    The Doug McLeod recording has a similar sound as the Carmen Gomes ''Thousand Shades of Blue'' album, deep, warm and very natural. If it wasn't for the fact that Doug's voice is moving a little bit from left to right in the stereo image, that album would have been at No 1 or 2 together with Carmen Gomes.
    The Minnesota Orchestra's recording of the Symphonic Dances is simply the best recording of a symphony orchestra that I own.
    Albert Fullers lovely interpretations of Bach and Rameau's Harpsichord music. If you think you don't like the sound of a harpsichord, check this one out you'll be surprised.Reference Recordings Complete Audiophile Classical Music Orchestra and Jazz HDCD Catalog



    7. Keith Jarrett; at the Blue Note.
    8. Bobo Stenson trio; Serenity.
    9; Peter Erskine trio; As it is.
    For piano trio recordings these 3 ECM albums are sublime.I know that a lot of people adore the the old Rudy van Gelder recordings but the sound of the piano he never got right. ECM does.
    ECM Records - Home


    10. Joni Mitchell; Travelogue.
    Joni looking back and rerecording her best songs, with gorgeous Vince Mendoza arrangements.
    Her voice is deeper, more ''lived'' and her phrazing reveals her love of Billie Holiday. The recording is sublime with a BIG sound stage.

    Now I will go back in time, analogue time, and the music from these L.P.'s will probably be known to most of you in one format or the other.


    11.Miles Davis; Kind of Blue. this album needs no introduction. It has stood the test of time. The new remasters sounds even better. Manfred Eicher of ECM says that the sound of that album is what he is TRYING to achieve.

    12. Sonny Rollins;The Bridge. Sonny and Jim Hall brings Coltrane and Miles to mind in contrast but maybe with an even bigger empathy.''God Bless the Child'' breathtakingly well played and sounding.Very clear placement of the instruments.That is actually what Sound Liaison and Reference Recordings has reintroduced a good, and well defined sound stage. A sound stage where it feels as if you can point a finger at each instrument and say; there it is! see the bass at 10 o'clock!
    sonny_rollins_the_bridge_musd.jpg
    13.Frank Sinatra; Only the Lonely.This must be the recording that inspired the engineers of the Travelogue recording and is in my opinion the best Frank Sinatra album.
    14.George Shearing with Nancy Wilson;the Swinging is mutual!
    Listen to track 2 side one '' All Night Long'' That track almost,but just almost, makes me believe that old thick LP's sounds better than modern Hi-Resolution Studio Master Wav files.
    15.Monica Zetterlund with Bill Evans;Waltz for Debby.This sweet Sounding recording shows what a fantastic accompanist Bill Evans was. The Swedish engineers knew what they were doing too, a clearly defined sound stage.

    16. Milt Jackson and Wes Montgomery; Bags Meet's Wes.
    Pat Metheny's favorite Wes album.Again placement and every instrument recorded to it's full potential. The tape machine was not running completely steady so the sound is trembling ever so slightly.
    17.John Coltrane; Crescent. So I guess that to keep the peace I better put in one Rudy van Gelder engineered album.Rudy did know how to record a saxophone and the drums sounds good too. Rudy's true strength though was balance.

    18.Bobby Timmons trio;In Person. I love Ron Carter, the bass player,and he is magnificently prominent here, talkin' 'bout DEEP BASS.

    19 Arthur Grumiaux, Bach Sonatas & Partitas. Somehow this recording tell's it like it is; this is the sound of the violin, this is how the Partita's sound. Just like with Carmen Gomes, MUSIC first!
    20. Holy Cole;Temptation. This is an old favorite of mine, sound of the bass has not stood the test of time, but the production is incredible.

    21. Me'shell Ndegocéllo; Peace beyond Passion, again great production and.... placement.Unusual for a funk album from this period.
    22. Dave Brubeck; Time out. almost forgot this one, that would have been unforgivable. Time Out is an audiophile classic.

    oops... I see that I went past the limit of 20 and I did not even get to Mingus; Ah Um... Steely Dan... Ray Charles..........
    What a wonderful post - from thoughtful descriptions to art work. Thank you for sharing. I'm going to go buy a few of these this weekend. Darrin

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    White Rock, BC
    Posts
    24

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Great post, I have the Doug McLeod and agree it sounds incredible...
    Mike

    Dynaudio C2 Sig IIs, Ayre KX-Rs, McIntosh C500t, Esoteric K03, Pioneer Exclusive P10 with Koetsu Urushi Vermillion Cart, Bob's Devices Stepup, Avid Pulsare Phono, Shunyata Typhon, Shunyata Cobra/Python Zytron & Wireworld Silver Eclipse Cabling

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    746

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Wow, thanks for taking the time to write this post. It's such a joy to me to discover new music so I love posts like this. I know (and love) half of the music you mention so there's a good chance I'm going to enjoy the ones I don't know.

    Thank you!
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    8,915

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Great music taste!
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

  9. #9

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Hi A.S.,

    Thank you for this interesting selection.
    I know a couple of them and a few are new.
    I checked the music store of Sound Liaison and I liked specially the album of Carmen Gomes Inc. (nr. 2 of your list)....sounds amazing!!
    Very interesting what these guys are doing.

    Monica Zetterlund is also one of my favorites.

    Thank you!

  10. #10

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    I bought 3 of the sound liaison albums today - sound awesome

  11. #11
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    26,957

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Welcome FranklinK
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, EMM Labs, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, Vivid Audio Loudspeakers, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Thx for the list! Great reference!
    _______________

    Mike

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    580

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    The rip from this XRCD. I know it is just rebook but marvelous sound.
    Hans

    Bowers & Wilkins 805 D3 /alternatively JM Lab Point Source Aria 5 (self modified)/ 2x SVS 3000 SB, Audionet AMP (2x), dCS Bartók used as streamer / DAC / preamp, Pro-Ject RPM 9 with Speedbox S and Orthofon MC Vivo Blue, KEF LS50 Nocturne / Sunfire Atmos(kitchen). Patio: Bluesound Node 2i and Focal CMS50.
    RoonServer on Nucleus.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Quebec Canada
    Posts
    742

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    If i had to choose only one SPECIAL album out of my whole collection this would be the ONE.

    Suspended Memories - - - Forgotten Gods

    Just a normal redbook cd with ( Steve Roach - Jorge Reyes - Suso Saiz ) Hearts Of Space - - - HS11034-2

    Suspended Memories Forgotten Gods.jpg

    André - - - Keep it simple system
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One
    Speakers = Acoustat 1+1s highly modified
    Life without Acoustat is possible BUT senseless.

  15. #15

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Just got the After Silence download, very very satisfying album. I think that the version of Astor Piazzolla's Oblivion is absolutely amazing. Actually the whole album is.It is so good to hear somebody, daring and being able to, play with such intense emotion and at the same time having the technical ability to do so.
    I have the other Sound Liaison downloads for some time now and they have been played almost daily on my system, this new album has the same signature sound that makes the albums from this company so attractive, deep black background, and a vivid representation of the instruments.

    Also very nice to see you have Nancy Wilson with George Shearing on your list, that album(LP) is also one of my personal favorites.

    I also agree with you that Reference Recordings and Sound Liaison are bringing back some of the forgotten art of giving the instruments a clear position in the stereo field, somehow after listening to these type of recordings everything else seem so crowded, I mean I have piano trio recordings sounding more muddy and confused than the After Silence recording with up to 8 musicians playing at the same time.
    Hey just saw now while checking up on the nr. of musicians on the After Silence album on the Sound Liaison site that they are giving away a couple of free samples, one from Carmen Gomes and one from the Andre Heuvelman ''After Silence''.
    FREE TRACKS

    But anyway great post, you have a good taste and I truly enjoyed reading your assessments of why just those recordings are your favorites. Thanks!




    Quote Originally Posted by A.S. View Post
    Well since this forum is about sound, I thought it a good idea to list some of my best sounding music in audiophile terms.
    Unfortunately that means no Robert Johnson, Charlie Parker, Pablo Casals, Art Tatum, Heifetz...... since the recording quality of these albums is not outstanding but luckily I own a number of equally good but well recorded music in various formats.



    1. Andre Heuvelman; After Silence.
    2. Carmen Gomes; Thousand Shades of Blue.
    3. Paul Berner Band; Road to Memphis.

    After some consideration I decided to be bold and put three of my Sound Liaison Studio Master Downloads at the top of my list.
    These 24/96 hi-res WAV files has a depth and natural decay combined with a warm wide sound stage which none of my other recordings can touch. Not bad for a small independent label.
    Andre Heuvelman's After Silence is a stunning prove that he most be one of the worlds foremost trumpet players. I only have this download for a few days now but it is so convincingly recorded and produced that I had to put it on top.
    Carmen Gomes knows how to move you without having to use any of the cheap effect's so many singers are constantly using putting them self's above the music, not here, this is straight from the heart.She turns Chris Isaac's ''Wicked Game'' into a hauntingly beautiful song of desperate love. True mastery.
    Monty Alexander trio alumni, Paul Berner has made an achingly beautiful ''americana'' jazz album, with reed player Michael Moore in top form. The album with two guitars makes Bill Frisell come to mind.
    The interplay between the guitars is incredible.

    Sound Liaison; Music Store



    4. Dough McLeod; There's a Time
    5. Minnesota Orchestra; Symphonic Dances
    6. Albert Fuller; Bach & Rameau

    Equally good are the Keith Johnson recordings from Reference Recordings. These were my top audiophile musics until Sound Liaison came along.
    The Doug McLeod recording has a similar sound as the Carmen Gomes ''Thousand Shades of Blue'' album, deep, warm and very natural. If it wasn't for the fact that Doug's voice is moving a little bit from left to right in the stereo image, that album would have been at No 1 or 2 together with Carmen Gomes.
    The Minnesota Orchestra's recording of the Symphonic Dances is simply the best recording of a symphony orchestra that I own.
    Albert Fullers lovely interpretations of Bach and Rameau's Harpsichord music. If you think you don't like the sound of a harpsichord, check this one out you'll be surprised.Reference Recordings Complete Audiophile Classical Music Orchestra and Jazz HDCD Catalog



    7. Keith Jarrett; at the Blue Note.
    8. Bobo Stenson trio; Serenity.
    9; Peter Erskine trio; As it is.
    For piano trio recordings these 3 ECM albums are sublime.I know that a lot of people adore the the old Rudy van Gelder recordings but the sound of the piano he never got right. ECM does.
    ECM Records - Home


    10. Joni Mitchell; Travelogue.
    Joni looking back and rerecording her best songs, with gorgeous Vince Mendoza arrangements.
    Her voice is deeper, more ''lived'' and her phrazing reveals her love of Billie Holiday. The recording is sublime with a BIG sound stage.

    Now I will go back in time, analogue time, and the music from these L.P.'s will probably be known to most of you in one format or the other.


    11.Miles Davis; Kind of Blue. this album needs no introduction. It has stood the test of time. The new remasters sounds even better. Manfred Eicher of ECM says that the sound of that album is what he is TRYING to achieve.

    12. Sonny Rollins;The Bridge. Sonny and Jim Hall brings Coltrane and Miles to mind in contrast but maybe with an even bigger empathy.''God Bless the Child'' breathtakingly well played and sounding.Very clear placement of the instruments.That is actually what Sound Liaison and Reference Recordings has reintroduced a good, and well defined sound stage. A sound stage where it feels as if you can point a finger at each instrument and say; there it is! see the bass at 10 o'clock!
    sonny_rollins_the_bridge_musd.jpg
    13.Frank Sinatra; Only the Lonely.This must be the recording that inspired the engineers of the Travelogue recording and is in my opinion the best Frank Sinatra album.
    14.George Shearing with Nancy Wilson;the Swinging is mutual!
    Listen to track 2 side one '' All Night Long'' That track almost,but just almost, makes me believe that old thick LP's sounds better than modern Hi-Resolution Studio Master Wav files.
    15.Monica Zetterlund with Bill Evans;Waltz for Debby.This sweet Sounding recording shows what a fantastic accompanist Bill Evans was. The Swedish engineers knew what they were doing too, a clearly defined sound stage.

    16. Milt Jackson and Wes Montgomery; Bags Meet's Wes.
    Pat Metheny's favorite Wes album.Again placement and every instrument recorded to it's full potential. The tape machine was not running completely steady so the sound is trembling ever so slightly.
    17.John Coltrane; Crescent. So I guess that to keep the peace I better put in one Rudy van Gelder engineered album.Rudy did know how to record a saxophone and the drums sounds good too. Rudy's true strength though was balance.

    18.Bobby Timmons trio;In Person. I love Ron Carter, the bass player,and he is magnificently prominent here, talkin' 'bout DEEP BASS.

    19 Arthur Grumiaux, Bach Sonatas & Partitas. Somehow this recording tell's it like it is; this is the sound of the violin, this is how the Partita's sound. Just like with Carmen Gomes, MUSIC first!
    20. Holy Cole;Temptation. This is an old favorite of mine, sound of the bass has not stood the test of time, but the production is incredible.

    21. Me'shell Ndegocéllo; Peace beyond Passion, again great production and.... placement.Unusual for a funk album from this period.
    22. Dave Brubeck; Time out. almost forgot this one, that would have been unforgivable. Time Out is an audiophile classic.

    oops... I see that I went past the limit of 20 and I did not even get to Mingus; Ah Um... Steely Dan... Ray Charles..........

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    746

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by A.S. View Post
    oops... I see that I went past the limit of 20 and I did not even get to Mingus; Ah Um... Steely Dan... Ray Charles..........
    Break your rule and list more! I have never heard a Ray Charles album that was recorded well so would love to know which one you were thinking of...
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

  17. #17
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    26,957

    My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    Break your rule and list more! I have never heard a Ray Charles album that was recorded well so would love to know which one you were thinking of...
    Ian - Ray's Genius Loves Company sounds wonderful.

    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, EMM Labs, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, Vivid Audio Loudspeakers, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  18. #18

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    +1, even though I wasn't a fan, I became one because it is good.......

  19. #19

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    A.S.,

    Thanks for taking the time to write a great post. I'm glad to see that Me'shell Ndegocéllo-Peace beyond Passion made your list. I agree that it is an exceptionally well-recorded album, particularly for a funk album. It is also full of great music by a fantastic artist. Her best in my opinion.

    While I would put Brubeck-Time Out ahead of most of the other jazz titles on your list strictly in terms of sound quality, I do agree that they are all very worthy of mention. Are you listing Brubeck-Time Out and Rollins-The Bridge each as an LP, CD, or download?
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI CLASSIC 3/Ortofon A95> ASR Basis Exclusive HV---->

    Digital: Antipodes CX> CARY DMS-600 DAC/Streamer---->
    ...........Cary 306 SACD PRO Disc Player---->

    ===> Cary SLP-05 (Ultimate Upgrade edition)----> Clayton M-300----> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES

    [Synergistic Research/Nordost/Wireworld/Furutech/SRA/Adona/Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Quebec Canada
    Posts
    742

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    This for a live album is in my top 5

    Hadouk Trio Live à Fi P.jpg



    From the album Air Hadouk - - - Soft Landing

    André - - - Keep it simple system
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One
    Speakers = Acoustat 1+1s highly modified
    Life without Acoustat is possible BUT senseless.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    746

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Ian - Ray's Genius Loves Company sounds wonderful.

    I reckon you're correct. I do have it, but wasn't impressed by his performance in it (recall him sounding very tired) and promptly forgot about it. Maybe I'll give it another spin.
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    385

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    The other great Ray Charles album was "done" after his death. In "Ray Sings Basie Swings" the Count Basie orchestra used his vocals from some live shows, then played along behind them. The results are awesome and you would never know this wasn't planned right from the begionning.

    51qOh9gPNKL._SY300_.jpg
    Vine, Vide, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

  23. #23

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    Break your rule and list more! I have never heard a Ray Charles album that was recorded well so would love to know which one you were thinking of...
    Hi Madfloyd
    This is the one I was thinking of, and especially tr.3 Half AS Much.

  24. #24

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Great post. I will check out your recommendations. Here is one of mine.

    515N+tY0WmL.jpg

    Patty Larkin - Still Green

  25. #25

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    The other great Ray Charles album was "done" after his death. In "Ray Sings Basie Swings" the Count Basie orchestra used his vocals from some live shows, then played along behind them. The results are awesome and you would never know this wasn't planned right from the begionning.

    51qOh9gPNKL._SY300_.jpg
    i was actually going to say this, and you beat me to it...that is an incredibly good album. On an absolute scale, great sonics imho. My fav Ray Charles Album.
    Speaker: Wilson Audio XLF + Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: Robert Koda K15EX + Gryphon Mephisto Stereo
    __________________________________


    Cable: TA Opus (Gen5) + Sablon Audio Prince (Orange)
    Power: 7 Dedicated Lines Furutech + Torus AVR 16 + Burmester 948 + NordostQX4
    Isolation: Under: SRA+HRS+Stillpoints+Auralex Top: HRS+Artesania+Entreq+EAT+90kg Mass
    Ground/Shield: Tripoint Troy Sig & Thor + Entreq Atlantis / Receivus +Everest+Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex + Mullard
    Headphone Setup: Sennheiser 650 + Arcam rHead + Apogee Groove

  26. #26

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    I reckon you're correct. I do have it, but wasn't impressed by his performance in it (recall him sounding very tired) and promptly forgot about it. Maybe I'll give it another spin.
    I tend to agree that Ray Charles recordings often lack in the audiophile sense. Ray Sings/Basie Swings is awesome. Also try Ingredients in a Recipe for Soul...done by Steve Hoffman.
    Speaker: Wilson Audio XLF + Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: Robert Koda K15EX + Gryphon Mephisto Stereo
    __________________________________


    Cable: TA Opus (Gen5) + Sablon Audio Prince (Orange)
    Power: 7 Dedicated Lines Furutech + Torus AVR 16 + Burmester 948 + NordostQX4
    Isolation: Under: SRA+HRS+Stillpoints+Auralex Top: HRS+Artesania+Entreq+EAT+90kg Mass
    Ground/Shield: Tripoint Troy Sig & Thor + Entreq Atlantis / Receivus +Everest+Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex + Mullard
    Headphone Setup: Sennheiser 650 + Arcam rHead + Apogee Groove

  27. #27

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by asindc View Post
    A.S.,

    Thanks for taking the time to write a great post. I'm glad to see that Me'shell Ndegocéllo-Peace beyond Passion made your list. I agree that it is an exceptionally well-recorded album, particularly for a funk album. It is also full of great music by a fantastic artist. Her best in my opinion.

    While I would put Brubeck-Time Out ahead of most of the other jazz titles on your list strictly in terms of sound quality, I do agree that they are all very worthy of mention. Are you listing Brubeck-Time Out and Rollins-The Bridge each as an LP, CD, or download?
    hi asindc those are good old L.P.'s ,
    and yes I agree. I think that Time Out in terms of Sound Quality should have been way much higher on my list. Such a list is actually a mirror of where you are emotionally at that very moment. Maybe someday I will make an update, or a new list.
    Also, I did not really make the numbers as 5 being ''better'' than i.e. 7. but....today, at this moment in time, in terms of sound quality, After Silence is still no. 1 , especially that last song ''Krakow''.
    (You can download the tune here or hear it in streaming, I guess Mp 3 Quality; scroll down and you can click on the tune in the player.)
    http://www.soundliaison.com/


    Attached Images Attached Images

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    613

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    11514bricasti5.jpg
    Cassandra Wilson’s New Moon Daughter 24/192 (HDtracks)

  29. #29

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by A.S. View Post
    hi asindc those are good old L.P.'s ,
    and yes I agree. I think that Time Out in terms of Sound Quality should have been way much higher on my list. Such a list is actually a mirror of where you are emotionally at that very moment. Maybe someday I will make an update, or a new list.
    Also, I did not really make the numbers as 5 being ''better'' than i.e. 7. but....today, at this moment in time, in terms of sound quality, After Silence is still no. 1 , especially that last song ''Krakow''.
    (You can download the tune here or hear it in streaming, I guess Mp 3 Quality; scroll down and you can click on the tune in the player.)
    Andre Heuvelman - After Silence


    Yes, I have downloaded this and Carmen Gomes after reading this thread. Very nice indeed. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI CLASSIC 3/Ortofon A95> ASR Basis Exclusive HV---->

    Digital: Antipodes CX> CARY DMS-600 DAC/Streamer---->
    ...........Cary 306 SACD PRO Disc Player---->

    ===> Cary SLP-05 (Ultimate Upgrade edition)----> Clayton M-300----> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES

    [Synergistic Research/Nordost/Wireworld/Furutech/SRA/Adona/Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

  30. #30

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    hi Jap , yes that one is a beauty.

  31. #31

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by jap View Post
    11514bricasti5.jpg
    Cassandra Wilson’s New Moon Daughter 24/192 (HDtracks)
    Yes that is one great album. What else have you got? your top 3 ?

  32. #32

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by jap View Post
    11514bricasti5.jpg
    Cassandra Wilson’s New Moon Daughter 24/192 (HDtracks)
    Yep, this one should have made the list.
    The Cover of '' Love is Blindness'' is stunning.

  33. #33

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    RLJ - it's like this 45rpm analogue productions

    http://www.musicdirect.com/p-4668-ri...45rpm-2lp.aspx

  34. #34

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    HD tracks are selling this album recorded in 1993 as 192/24 bit download.

    Was this originally an analogue recording?


  35. #35

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Sound Liaison is having a sale this month 25% off on full album downloads.
    Sound Liaison Music Shop


  36. #36

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Just got this one;


    Jim Anderson is a very good sound engineer, the albums he has worked on are almost always worth the trouble. No wonder that ECM is starting to use him for their U.S. recordings.

  37. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    385

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    These lists usually result in the "usual" suspects: New Moon Daughter, Time Out, Kind of Blue, etc. It is great to see some fresh ideas in this thread and some new music to find and check out. Keep em comin'.

    Here's another one ... Miles Gurtu

    41EFY2CEMKL.jpg

    From pianist turned electronic composer "Robert Miles", and celebrated percussionist
    "Trilok Gurtu". The sound is simply amazing, and the music, although not mainstream in any sense of the word, is truly incredible and memorable and musical.
    Vine, Vide, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

  38. #38

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    This is an incredible album; and read the letter I got from them!

    BATIK (WAV)

    Thank you for your very kind mail regarding our recordings.We thought we had something to offer the audiophile music lover, but that the recordings we have made would be met with such a positive response in the audiophile community has surprised us. We are overwhelmed by the number of positive mails we have gotten from people after they have downloaded one of our files.
    We have been able to pay royalties to Carmen Gomes and her band members. That is the first time in 10 years these seasoned musicians has received royalties, for a recording project. Whether or not that has to do with the general crisis in the music industry or the bad deals most musicians are getting with the major companies, I don't know.
    We are keeping it really simple; we split any profit made 50/50.

    Maybe the reason for our relative success, is that we had a clear vision of how we wanted our recordings to sound and how to achieve that sound from the very beginning.

    Frans de Rond is next to his work as a recording engineer also very busy recording and creating soundscapes for radio plays.
    A field in which he is very successful.

    He has received several awards for his work ; the 2 most prestigious being;

    The Prix Europa 2002 'Ik Zeeuws meisje' (Best European Radio Drama), and the Prix Italia 2012 'Mama Tandoori' (Best Original Drama Radio).

    The expertise he has gained with radio plays, where you some how have to create a visual sound stage.....
    an illusion of people or things being up close or further away, left or right, above or below, walking, running... etc,
    all that happening in a simple stereo field , that expertise is one of the elements we are trying to introduce in the world of audiophile recording.

    Frans has developed a number of recording techniques, where by using natural phase and room sound, a unique, secret, reverb method and
    good old fashioned craftsmanship of how and exactly where to place a microphone, all helps create a deep, natural almost 3 dimensional Sound Stage.

    The difference between the 2 formats, Studio Showcase and Studio Master, is that:
    a Studio Showcase is recorded with a live audience present in the Studio, seeing the recording process take place.
    In a sense it is a concert but the musicians do take the liberty to i.e. make a restart if they feel the tempo is not right,
    or if they feel that a song could do with a second take, they will do so. Amazingly, and that is probably because of the audience being present,
    they rarely do so.

    A Studio Master Series is a regular Studio Session. No audience present but mostly following our '' no headphones and everybody in the same room'' recording philosophy.


    Kind regards


    Sound Liaison

  39. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    746

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by A.S. View Post
    This is an incredible album; and read the letter I got from them!

    BATIK (WAV)
    I am in LOVE with this album. It is so laid back and captivating at the same time. The sound is wonderful, great sense of space. I would love to see photos of the studio.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

  40. #40

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    I am in LOVE with this album. It is so laid back and captivating at the same time. The sound is wonderful, great sense of space. I would love to see photos of the studio.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It says it is recorded in ''Studio 11''

    That means it must be the same studio as the 2 Carmen Gomes videos, i guess;







    and the After Silence album;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by A.S.; April 20, 2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: picture video link

  41. #41

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Hey MrAcoustat, I finally got a copy, very interesting album, completely unique. thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAcoustat View Post
    If i had to choose only one SPECIAL album out of my whole collection this would be the ONE.

    Suspended Memories - - - Forgotten Gods

    Just a normal redbook cd with ( Steve Roach - Jorge Reyes - Suso Saiz ) Hearts Of Space - - - HS11034-2

    Suspended Memories Forgotten Gods.jpg


  42. #42

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by asindc View Post
    A.S.,

    Thanks for taking the time to write a great post. I'm glad to see that Me'shell Ndegocéllo-Peace beyond Passion made your list. I agree that it is an exceptionally well-recorded album, particularly for a funk album. It is also full of great music by a fantastic artist. Her best in my opinion.

    While I would put Brubeck-Time Out ahead of most of the other jazz titles on your list strictly in terms of sound quality, I do agree that they are all very worthy of mention. Are you listing Brubeck-Time Out and Rollins-The Bridge each as an LP, CD, or download?
    Sorry for my late answer, those are LP's. But I heard the Time Out download and thought it sounded great.

  43. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Spokane,Wa
    Posts
    24

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Where can I buy the Carmen Gomes CD?

  44. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    8,915

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Which one (CD title)?
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

  45. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    1,466

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan View Post
    Where can I buy the Carmen Gomes CD?
    I don't think that a CD is available, but you can download the 24/96 high resolution original master files in either WAV or FLAC format at Sound Liaison.

  46. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    8,915

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    And does she have an older one called Torn ? ...Her latest is Thousand Shades of Blue

    * Carmen Gomes Inc.

    ** I checked for the CD, but came out empty. ... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thousand-Sha.../dp/B00GJ6K7S4
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

  47. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    8,915

    Arrow Carmen Gomes

    Her other albums:

    • Shades
    • Desire
    • Dreams
    • Gotta Get
    • Gazing at the Sun
    • Let the Good Times Roll
    • Heaven is a State of Mind
    • Carmen Meets Kharma Live
    • Callin' from K.C.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

  48. #48

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Where can I buy the Carmen Gomes CD?
    Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    I don't think that a CD is available, but you can download the 24/96 high resolution original master files in either WAV or FLAC format at Sound Liaison.
    I have bought most of her CD's straight from Carmen herself. I send her a mail, transferred the money, and had the CD's a week or two later.
    This is her mail ; carmenfmgomes@gmail.com
    (I have edited the mail after I wrote to Carmen Gomes and gave her a link to this thread,
    She asked if I would please give her gmail as correspondence as she is changing provider at the moment... I have asked if it was an idea that she would join our forum as she obviously has some fans here...)
    I have the downloads but actually bought the CD versions too.( gave my sister ''Torn'' for her birthday)
    Of her older work on CD, I especially enjoy Heaven is a State of Mind and the funky rock influenced ''NU''. Best sounding of the older albums is in my opinion ''Shades''.
    This is what I got from her;
    e;
    Last edited by A.S.; May 27, 2014 at 04:19 PM. Reason: mail address

  49. #49

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    So in order to avoid confusion, the artist approved email of Carmen Gomes is carmenfmgomes@gmail.com

  50. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    8,915

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by A.S. View Post
    I have bought most of her CD's straight from Carmen herself. I send her a mail, transferred the money, and had the CD's a week or two later.
    This is her mail ; carmenfmgomes@gmail.com
    (I have edited the mail after I wrote to Carmen Gomes and gave her a link to this thread,
    She asked if I would please give her gmail as correspondence as she is changing provider at the moment... I have asked if it was an idea that she would join our forum as she obviously has some fans here...)
    I have the downloads but actually bought the CD versions too.( gave my sister ''Torn'' for her birthday)
    Of her older work on CD, I especially enjoy Heaven is a State of Mind and the funky rock influenced ''NU''. Best sounding of the older albums is in my opinion ''Shades''.
    This is what I got from her;
    e;
    Quote Originally Posted by A.S. View Post
    So in order to avoid confusion, the artist approved email of Carmen Gomes is carmenfmgomes@gmail.com
    Good man A.S.!
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •