Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 145 of 145
  1. #101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Plantation Bay CC
    Posts
    5,180

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You need a box for each TV but only one account.
    Check

    I have two Roku Ultra's living room and master bedroom. Ease of use, the cool little headphone connection in the remote is kinda neat. So far pretty darn happy.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Plantation Bay CC
    Posts
    5,180

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Check

    I have two Roku Ultra's living room and master bedroom. Ease of use, the cool little headphone connection in the remote is kinda neat. So far pretty darn happy.


    NOT SO FAST. This buffering crap is the pits. I have 200 Mbps service, getting 173Mpbs at the router. MY ROKU Ultra is hard wired cat6 3 feet from the router and the Roku is 2 feet from the TV and using Hulu Live. I was at my sisters in Ocala, and a totally different ISP, , she has Apple TV and 200 Mbps using in one room and Roku in another and she gets Buffering as well. Checked with a couple of friends, one using YouTube TV, a 1GB ISP using Amazon Cube, Buffering as well. And we all have top of the line routers that can handle 1GB service if needed.

    So is this it for streaming TV, buffering is just part of what you get. Never got this from my cable company. ODD but searching the net, it appears its all streaming providers.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

  3. #103

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    I never get any buffering with my Apple TVs or Roku. I have 400 Mbps service.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 XTRM, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Tosca arm; SME 3012R arm, Ortofon Diamond Anna; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Taiko Audio Extreme> Lampizator Horizon, Oppo UDP-203;

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Plantation Bay CC
    Posts
    5,180

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by dminches View Post
    I never get any buffering with my Apple TVs or Roku. I have 400 Mbps service.
    Interesting, could this be an ISP issue. When I cut the cord I went with a Netgear Nighthawk RAX80 (AC2300) but the same thing is occurring in different cities and ISP's is a bit odd. When it works its fantastic.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    793

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    I don't use my (old) Roku boxes often (since I initially got them years back I've upgraded the TVs I use more often and they have Apps already built in and the TVs are also hardwired via ethernet) and I've never had a buffering issue. Mine have always been connected via ethernet (initially with less than 100 Mbps) and currently the service is stated at 200Mbps (just tested it at my main PC at 235.9). For the most part I use either Netflix or Amazon Prime.
    Main System - Lumin U2, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, VTV Purifi 1ET-7040SA with tube buffer, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel S/812 subs
    Back-up 1 - Premium Audio mini Gan Amp, Oppo 103D, 2 Richard Gray cond, Selah SA-2s, Sumiko S5 sub, Teac UD-503 DAC, Carver (modded) C-9
    Back-up 2 - Onkyo TX-NR797, Panasonic DP-UB820, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, PowerSoundAudio S1500 sub

  6. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Plantation Bay CC
    Posts
    5,180

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil A View Post
    I don't use my (old) Roku boxes often (since I initially got them years back I've upgraded the TVs I use more often and they have Apps already built in and the TVs are also hardwired via ethernet) and I've never had a buffering issue. Mine have always been connected via ethernet (initially with less than 100 Mbps) and currently the service is stated at 200Mbps (just tested it at my main PC at 235.9). For the most part I use either Netflix or Amazon Prime.
    Thanks Phil.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    624

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    We just ditched DirecTV for YouTube TV. Gives us local channels and most everything else we want. Just have a few extra subscription apps (Prime Video, Netflix, HBO Max, etc), but still much cheaper than we were paying. Have everything on two Roku Ultras feeding our entire house via Control4 HDMI matrix switch.

    I got amused when I called DirecTV to cancel and the rep immediately said "I am authorized to give you $60 a month off your subscription if you stay with us". Thanks, but no thanks.
    Rance


    Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    793

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Never got the Direct TV thing. A couple of restaurants I go to have it and it goes out when it rains (and I call it Indirect TV). I don't really watch much TV (even though I have plenty of TVs). If I watch, it is usually a movie, sports, news or a news magazine. Probably most of the time over the course of the year a TV is on, it is Netflix (via a Fire Stick with an ethernet adapter) on my bedroom projector (the 92 inch screen folds into the ceiling) and a large portion of what I watch is either documentaries or movies. So other than internet from the cable company, I don't really have much interest in their products. I have an antenna (had it pre-wired to the garage attic) and get local stations that way. When more stuff is broadcasted in 4k, I'll probably get at least one outboard 4k tuner. Last I looked, the Zapperbox ATSC 3.0 (and 1.0) tuner is scheduled for launch around September. So I probably won't be getting one of those until later this year or early next.
    Main System - Lumin U2, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, VTV Purifi 1ET-7040SA with tube buffer, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel S/812 subs
    Back-up 1 - Premium Audio mini Gan Amp, Oppo 103D, 2 Richard Gray cond, Selah SA-2s, Sumiko S5 sub, Teac UD-503 DAC, Carver (modded) C-9
    Back-up 2 - Onkyo TX-NR797, Panasonic DP-UB820, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, PowerSoundAudio S1500 sub

  9. #109

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil A View Post
    Never got the Direct TV thing. A couple of restaurants I go to have it and it goes out when it rains (and I call it Indirect TV). I don't really watch much TV (even though I have plenty of TVs). If I watch, it is usually a movie, sports, news or a news magazine. Probably most of the time over the course of the year a TV is on, it is Netflix (via a Fire Stick with an ethernet adapter) on my bedroom projector (the 92 inch screen folds into the ceiling) and a large portion of what I watch is either documentaries or movies. So other than internet from the cable company, I don't really have much interest in their products. I have an antenna (had it pre-wired to the garage attic) and get local stations that way. When more stuff is broadcasted in 4k, I'll probably get at least one outboard 4k tuner. Last I looked, the Zapperbox ATSC 3.0 (and 1.0) tuner is scheduled for launch around September. So I probably won't be getting one of those until later this year or early next.
    If you are into sports including out of town sports and the NFL then DirecTV is #1. Otherwise, there are better options.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 XTRM, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Tosca arm; SME 3012R arm, Ortofon Diamond Anna; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Taiko Audio Extreme> Lampizator Horizon, Oppo UDP-203;

  10. #110

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    NOT SO FAST. This buffering crap is the pits. I have 200 Mbps service, getting 173Mpbs at the router. MY ROKU Ultra is hard wired cat6 3 feet from the router and the Roku is 2 feet from the TV and using Hulu Live. I was at my sisters in Ocala, and a totally different ISP, , she has Apple TV and 200 Mbps using in one room and Roku in another and she gets Buffering as well. Checked with a couple of friends, one using YouTube TV, a 1GB ISP using Amazon Cube, Buffering as well. And we all have top of the line routers that can handle 1GB service if needed.

    So is this it for streaming TV, buffering is just part of what you get. Never got this from my cable company. ODD but searching the net, it appears its all streaming providers.
    Did you check your internet speed at the time of buffering?

    My 75MB Cox routinely slows down to sub 20 and i get buffering on 4 k netflix thru Amazon Fire cube. Otherwise it's fine.

    I've noticed it much more with my neighbors all being home office based in the last year so i suspect it's an ISP issue.
    Avantgarde Duo Mezzo,
    Nagra VPA 845 mono blocks, Audio Note UK Shinri 300B mono blocks, AudioPax KT88 monoblocks
    Conrad Johnson GAT, Zesto Tessera
    Esoteric K-01X, Esoteric N-01,

    Clearaudio Innovation TT,
    Graham Phantom 2 Supreme Arm/Ortofon Anna, Bobs Sky 2 SUT
    Clearaudio Universal Arm/Benz LPS
    Minus K isolation platform

    Galibier TT,
    Graham Phantom Elite Arm/Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement,

    Kubala Elation Cabling, Shunyata Trident 3, Typhon QR
    Zoethecus stands,

  11. #111

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Direct TV uses old technology and is too slow. And then you have to deal with bad reception due to interferences, bad weather, etc. It is no wonder that people are dropping DTV in droves.

    If you have access, I highly recommend optical (fiber) internet.

    A few tips:
    - You should check your internet speed regularly and if you see drops in speed reset your router.
    - If speed fluctuate too much, complain to your provider. (They can often bump the speed up remotely.)
    - Also check your HDMI cables. If you still have old HDMI cables, replace all HDMI cables with certified premium cables that can pass 4K (even if you don’t have 4K yet). You can buy premium HDMI cables from Monoprice cheaply; no need to spend big bucks because they either work or don’t work.

  12. #112

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    Direct TV uses old technology and is too slow. And then you have to deal with bad reception due to interferences, bad weather, etc. It is no wonder that people are dropping DTV in droves.
    What do you mean about it being too slow? I have no problems changing channels on either my Genie or mini.

    It has 4k programming so I am not sure what technology is old.

    In an average year I have 3-4 temporary outages. When I had Comcast cable I had periodic outages as well, albeit not normally weather related.

    As I said before, if you want to subscribe to NFL Sunday ticket they are the only game in town. In addition, they have more regional sports channels than any other provider. If you don’t watch sports then there is no reason to have DirecTV.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 XTRM, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Tosca arm; SME 3012R arm, Ortofon Diamond Anna; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Taiko Audio Extreme> Lampizator Horizon, Oppo UDP-203;

  13. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Front Row Center
    Posts
    3,466

    thumbsup Re: Cord Cutting Options

    DTV is being dropped because of AT&T .... period ..!

    Anyway wasn't aware the NFL was still in business ..


    Ha ..!

  14. #114

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    I have not kept up with all the streaming channel offerings but the one downside is the ability to record programs and keep them for as long as you want. Many movies and shows are available on demand but some are not. Being able to time shift sports is a nice feature to have with traditional cable and satellite systems.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 XTRM, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Tosca arm; SME 3012R arm, Ortofon Diamond Anna; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Taiko Audio Extreme> Lampizator Horizon, Oppo UDP-203;

  15. #115

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by dminches View Post
    What do you mean about it being too slow? I have no problems changing channels on either my Genie or mini.

    It has 4k programming so I am not sure what technology is old.

    In an average year I have 3-4 temporary outages. When I had Comcast cable I had periodic outages as well, albeit not normally weather related.

    As I said before, if you want to subscribe to NFL Sunday ticket they are the only game in town. In addition, they have more regional sports channels than any other provider. If you don’t watch sports then there is no reason to have DirecTV.
    Early on DTV had a technical advantage and were able to offer 1080p when cable providers were offering 480i. But then cable providers started using fiber and leapfrogged DTV by offering 4K when DTV remained stuck with 1080p for years (I ditched DTV 10 years ago). Good that DTV is offering HDR now. But they were certainly laggards in adopting it. DTV is bleeding subscribers and IMO is dying. I personally would not recommend it at this stage.

  16. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Plantation Bay CC
    Posts
    5,180

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by mallen123 View Post
    Did you check your internet speed at the time of buffering?

    My 75MB Cox routinely slows down to sub 20 and i get buffering on 4 k netflix thru Amazon Fire cube. Otherwise it's fine.

    I've noticed it much more with my neighbors all being home office based in the last year so i suspect it's an ISP issue.
    I'll have to check that. Thanks for the suggestion. Are you saying use something like SpeedTest, via an app to test the download speed ?
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

  17. #117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    455

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Fast.com specifically uses the content server that Netflix thinks you would use while watching something, which may be an OCA within your ISP, an upstream ISP, or at an IX. So it's a good measure of what your experience should be watching Netflix, assuming nothing along the path starts throttling after some amount of sustained traffic.

    I believe many other streaming services use edge CDNs like Akamai that, while not as optimized as Netflix's OCA, are also designed to deliver content as quickly and reliably as possible at minimal cost to the network (financial or technical). General speed test services should be a decent approximation of edge CDN performance.

    But ISPs may throttle after a set time, or in some cases throttle based on what you are downloading from where. Speed tests won't show that, and in some cases speed tests may be artificially prioritized by your ISP.
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, JMF Audio, JVC, Kaleidescape, LG, LUMIN, Magico, Ortofon, RME, Samsung, Soulution, STAX, Trinnov, Vivid Audio, Weiss & more.

  18. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    959

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    I have finally had enough of our TV service provider and going to move to just streaming. We will use a combination of Roku ultra boxes or TVs that have programing installed.

    All we will get from Frontier is a 500mbs on fiber service. I am purchasing our own router to limit them as far as I can. Getting a $350 bill each month is absurd.

    I decided to run new conduit from the router location to the ONT and my listening room and change my means of receiving service to all locations.

    Now the question is which streaming to we go with? Looking at all of the platforms available they are quite similar. The question becomes which one is the most reliable and doesn't hit you with ridiculous charges.
    Out of the 100 +- channels most offer we will use a a couple local and maybe 6 - 9 others. I have used an antenna successfully for local in the past but don't want to go back to that.

    I am curious what services any of you are currently using and are you happy with it.

    I have looked at many of the write-ups on the internet and it is all over the place as far as which one is the best. Kind of like audio equipment or any other product.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

  19. #119

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
    I have finally had enough of our TV service provider and going to move to just streaming. We will use a combination of Roku ultra boxes or TVs that have programing installed.

    All we will get from Frontier is a 500mbs on fiber service. I am purchasing our own router to limit them as far as I can. Getting a $350 bill each month is absurd.

    I decided to run new conduit from the router location to the ONT and my listening room and change my means of receiving service to all locations.

    Now the question is which streaming to we go with? Looking at all of the platforms available they are quite similar. The question becomes which one is the most reliable and doesn't hit you with ridiculous charges.
    Out of the 100 +- channels most offer we will use a a couple local and maybe 6 - 9 others. I have used an antenna successfully for local in the past but don't want to go back to that.

    I am curious what services any of you are currently using and are you happy with it.

    I have looked at many of the write-ups on the internet and it is all over the place as far as which one is the best. Kind of like audio equipment or any other product.
    Streaming services are like grocery stores-you can never get everything you want from just one name brand store. I currently use Hulu and Sling so I can get the programming I want to see. I have 1GB internet service via fiber to my house and I have no issues with speed.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

    Reviewer for Positive Feedback

  20. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    959

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Thanks mep. From the services I have looked at Hulu is the main system I was thinking about. Have you tried the commercial free service? it's $12 a month but I hate the number of adds that you need to sit through. If most programing is really add free $3 a week is well worth it to me.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

  21. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    250

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    I like Directv Stream. It has locals, PBS, a few 4K channels, and the best user interface of all I've used. As a tennis player, they have the Tennis Channel, too, so I'm happy about that. I don't mind paying a bit more for a service that has everything and an interface I find intuitive.

    I tried YouTube TV twice and couldn't take the interface. It wasn't worth the cost savings.
    The others that offer live tv miss a few channels I like so Directv Stream.
    Christian

    south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest & Iconoclast interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

    north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D-10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

  22. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    3,066

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    If you are in a metro area you might want to reconsider an antenna. I use these shark tooth shaped indoor antennas on my TV's. I get my local stations plus several stations which are related, each local channel has at least 5 other channels. Pretty good if you like past sitcoms and all the CSI shows you can watch, LOL.

    I don't watch much TV, the news and late night shows is about it. My wife is a TV person but she likes the OTA channel with X-Files and some of the B movie Sci-Fi on free Peacock. If the kids have their phone they are fine, I wouldn't even need a TV for them.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

  23. #123

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
    Thanks mep. From the services I have looked at Hulu is the main system I was thinking about. Have you tried the commercial free service? it's $12 a month but I hate the number of adds that you need to sit through. If most programing is really add free $3 a week is well worth it to me.
    No, I haven't tried the commercial free service. I either watch live programming which has commercials or I DVR shows and blow through the commercials.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

    Reviewer for Positive Feedback

  24. #124
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    959

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    No, I haven't tried the commercial free service. I either watch live programming which has commercials or I DVR shows and blow through the commercials.
    I can't imagine local programing being add free. It would be the same as streaming from a laptop. There is just a still picture and some weird music playing. That is as annoying as a commercial.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

  25. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    806

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    No, I haven't tried the commercial free service. I either watch live programming which has commercials or I DVR shows and blow through the commercials.
    I quite like recording it and blowing through the commercials. Great way to make a three hour hockey game into 2 hours.

  26. #126

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    The premise for cord cutting is that many folks don't need that many channels and believe that they can do better by subscribing to streamed services piecemeal.
    However, If an individual needs to watch every single football, baseball, and basketball game, plus HBO and Showtime, etc etc, that individual may not end up saving much buying those services piecemeal.
    The cable companies know that. Since often they are the broadband internet provider, they leverage that to offer bundles Also some cable companies are launching their own streaming platforms. In other words, they are not sitting still.

    It was mentioned by a few on this thread but it is worth emphasizing that OTA transmissions are free and can be accessed by many folks with a good antenna. Also, if a person is into international sports, he should check if those sports are being streamed for free. All you need is a VPN for that.

  27. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,013

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    We switched to YouTube TV 4 years ago. Works great and you can use it at multiple homes without a problem.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Preamp/Digital: Meitner MA3
    HT Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 14b3, Bryston 4b3
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c
    Sub: REL Carbon Special
    Power: Shunyata Denali, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC, Ethernet - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS, ISO-Acoustics ISO Pucks

    -Kyle

  28. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    3,066

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    I remember right after I graduated high school my parents moved us out to the middle of nowhere. We had an antenna and received 2 channels well and 3 when the weather was good. I definitely learned how to live without much TV entertainment, LOL

    I had my receiver, turntable and LP's though. My dad let me put up another antenna just for FM.

    Note to whoever, never, never, isolate your kids like that, especially teenager just out of school.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

  29. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    959

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    I remember right after I graduated high school my parents moved us out to the middle of nowhere. We had an antenna and received 2 channels well and 3 when the weather was good. I definitely learned how to live without much TV entertainment, LOL

    I had my receiver, turntable and LP's though. My dad let me put up another antenna just for FM.

    Note to whoever, never, never, isolate your kids like that, especially teenager just out of school.
    Agreed Mr P

    I would hazard a guess that, in todays world most kids would start a riot in the household.

    We clearly had an advantage most kids don't now have. In the 50s, 60 and 70s we could go outside and play anywhere within a couple of miles from home.
    There is no way I would feel comfortable in any way letting young kids play very far from my yard in general today.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

  30. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    313

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    At my house location, the best internet option is cable TV, and it’s a crime to see what I pay. Waiting on fiber to the home to cut the cord.

    I already have some streaming accounts, wife has kept Netflix since the DVD era, I have the extra large Apple plan, that I share family wide, and like the Paramount series. My grown children share these, and subscribe to others, which I get to use. Not afraid of cord cutting, when I get decent fiber to the house.

    We just sold the beach house, but the multiple residence situation is particularly good for streaming accounts, just pay for one, and use at home and beach.
    Amplification : Modwright LS300 - Atma-Sphere "Class D" monoblocks
    Digital : MSB Premier DAC+Digital Director, Oppo 203, Sonos Port (W4S mod)
    Analog : Technics SL1200G, Boulder 508
    Speakers : Daedalus Audio Muse Studio
    Headphone : BHSE + Voce

  31. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    959

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    If you are in a metro area you might want to reconsider an antenna. I use these shark tooth shaped indoor antennas on my TV's. I get my local stations plus several stations which are related, each local channel has at least 5 other channels. Pretty good if you like past sitcoms and all the CSI shows you can watch, LOL.

    I don't watch much TV, the news and late night shows is about it. My wife is a TV person but she likes the OTA channel with X-Files and some of the B movie Sci-Fi on free Peacock. If the kids have their phone they are fine, I wouldn't even need a TV for them.

    Mr P, What is the antenna you were referring to. I am going to take a look at antennas because the number of stations you need to purchase streaming to get local is ridiculous. I would prefer an indoor antenna given the choice.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

  32. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    3,066

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    The unit says Ostrat. There maybe better but I liked the small foot print and it has a signal booster built in. If you buy from Amazon you can return it if it doesn't work. A lot depends on distance from transmitter and obstacles.


    Quote Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
    Mr P, What is the antenna you were referring to. I am going to take a look at antennas because the number of stations you need to purchase streaming to get local is ridiculous. I would prefer an indoor antenna given the choice.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

  33. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,766

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    I have used Directv for about 26 years now and fortunately the days of the occasional "weather" related issue is a thing of the past. Now Directv senses when the picture is not optimum and asks if I want to switch to streaming the signal.

    Like others here I am considering other options to reduce my expenditures for TV/Streaming. I am paying for Directv, Netflix, Prime Video, Apple +, Parmpount +, Hulu, PBS and Britbox. Any option must allow me to get local TV (digital antennae doesn't work here) and all of the sport channels.

    I will keep looking.
    Jim

    D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

  34. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    959

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    The unit says Ostrat. There maybe better but I liked the small foot print and it has a signal booster built in. If you buy from Amazon you can return it if it doesn't work. A lot depends on distance from transmitter and obstacles.
    Our biggest issue is the antenna would be pointing at the woods. No clear line of site.

    I will check that one out anyway.

    Thanks
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

  35. #135

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    The premise for cord cutting is that many folks don't need that many channels and believe that they can do better by subscribing to streamed services piecemeal.
    However, If an individual needs to watch every single football, baseball, and basketball game, plus HBO and Showtime, etc etc, that individual may not end up saving much buying those services piecemeal.
    The cable companies know that. Since often they are the broadband internet provider, they leverage that to offer bundles Also some cable companies are launching their own streaming platforms. In other words, they are not sitting still.

    It was mentioned by a few on this thread but it is worth emphasizing that OTA transmissions are free and can be accessed by many folks with a good antenna. Also, if a person is into international sports, he should check if those sports are being streamed for free. All you need is a VPN for that.
    That is exactly correct which is why if at all possible you need to dump your cable provider totally. I had Comcast and they were my internet provider and my cable company and the monthly bill was crazy. I was fortunate that my subdivision was wired with fiber optic cable and all I had to do was call my utility company and have it hooked up to my house. For $70 per month I get 1GB of speed and that includes the server they installed. It was a happy day to ship all of the Comcast gear back to Comcast and cut them off from my wallet.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

    Reviewer for Positive Feedback

  36. #136
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    959

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    We dropped everything from Frontier except their 500mbs internet service.
    Hulu is what we are trying out through Roku on our TV's. It is taking a bit of time to figure out the show guides. It isn't as user friendly as Frontier.
    Another thing is the Roku remotes don't have volume control unless you have Roku TV's. You end up with 2 remotes. Not life and death but annoying needing to have 2 remotes laying around.
    It is less than half the price than it was with Frontier thou there are a couple of channels we still need to add.

    I ran PVC from the ONT to where the equipment is inside the house. It took some access holes in storage areas to awkward places to access.
    This 70 year old body has been revolting with screaming muscles for a few days now.

    I was able to run CAT 8 cables from the ONT to the new Router we purchased. Then CAT 8 to a couple of locations where TV's are.
    2 other TV's are using WIFI signal to ROKU for the service. I don't think it will be necessary but time will tell.
    We were able to eliminate all of the Coaxial cable that I had previously run when I built the house. I will say all of the tv pictures are much clearer.

    I'm sure something will still rear its ugly head and need to be deal with though.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

  37. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Plantation Bay CC
    Posts
    5,180

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
    We dropped everything from Frontier except their 500mbs internet service.
    Hulu is what we are trying out through Roku on our TV's. It is taking a bit of time to figure out the show guides. It isn't as user friendly as Frontier.
    Another thing is the Roku remotes don't have volume control unless you have Roku TV's. You end up with 2 remotes. Not life and death but annoying needing to have 2 remotes laying around.
    It is less than half the price than it was with Frontier thou there are a couple of channels we still need to add.

    I ran PVC from the ONT to where the equipment is inside the house. It took some access holes in storage areas to awkward places to access.
    This 70 year old body has been revolting with screaming muscles for a few days now.

    I was able to run CAT 8 cables from the ONT to the new Router we purchased. Then CAT 8 to a couple of locations where TV's are.
    2 other TV's are using WIFI signal to ROKU for the service. I don't think it will be necessary but time will tell.
    We were able to eliminate all of the Coaxial cable that I had previously run when I built the house. I will say all of the tv pictures are much clearer.

    I'm sure something will still rear its ugly head and need to be deal with though.
    Another thing is the Roku remotes don't have volume control ". Not actually true Brad, the Roku Ultra has volume controls and a headphone jack and I have Sony OLED TV's ( we use 2 Ultra's ) .
    "
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

  38. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    959

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    You are correct CPP the newer Ultra does have a volume control.
    Unfortunately it doesn't work with either of our Sony or either of our Samsung.

    I was told, right or wrong the volume control only works with ROKU TVs and the headphones.
    It's not life and death to have a second remote for volume just more clutter.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

  39. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    959

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    CPP last night Ultra would turn on, off and control the volume on both Samsung and Sony. This morning same with the Sony not the Samsung.
    Go figure, might be operator error at this point.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

  40. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Plantation Bay CC
    Posts
    5,180

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
    CPP last night Ultra would turn on, off and control the volume on both Samsung and Sony. This morning same with the Sony not the Samsung.
    Go figure, might be operator error at this point.
    I've been using our Ultra's now with our Sony's for a while and we ordered back in 2022 the Pro remote, since the wife loves the remote with the connected ear phones and the new Pro allows USB charging instead of throwing batteries at it. How is your TV connected to "the Roku and any other device like a REceiver
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

  41. #141
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    959

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    I've been using our Ultra's now with our Sony's for a while and we ordered back in 2022 the Pro remote, since the wife loves the remote with the connected ear phones and the new Pro allows USB charging instead of throwing batteries at it. How is your TV connected to "the Roku and any other device like a REceiver
    HDMI from Roku. I didn't know there was a Roku Pro.

    update:
    Just looked and that is the remote that came with 2 of the Roku ultra units.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

  42. #142
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Plantation Bay CC
    Posts
    5,180

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
    HDMI from Roku. I didn't know there was a Roku Pro.

    update:
    Just looked and that is the remote that came with 2 of the Roku ultra units.
    Mine is hooked up HDMI - Ultra > Denon AVR > Denon AVR > Sony via eARC

    Just make sure you pair your Ultra remote to your AVR or TV
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

  43. #143
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    959

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    I'm guessing AVR is audio video receiver? None of those in the mix. We are paired with the TVs.

    My home theater/automation guy said some Sonys don't respond to all Roku features.

    After a couple of days the operation is not as bad as it seemed at first.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

  44. #144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Plantation Bay CC
    Posts
    5,180

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
    I'm guessing AVR is audio video receiver? None of those in the mix. We are paired with the TVs.

    My home theater/automation guy said some Sonys don't respond to all Roku features.

    After a couple of days the operation is not as bad as it seemed at first.
    AVR is audio video receiver : Correct
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

  45. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    388

    Re: Cord Cutting Options

    Quote Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
    I have finally had enough of our TV service provider and going to move to just streaming. We will use a combination of Roku ultra boxes or TVs that have programing installed.

    All we will get from Frontier is a 500mbs on fiber service. I am purchasing our own router to limit them as far as I can. Getting a $350 bill each month is absurd.

    I decided to run new conduit from the router location to the ONT and my listening room and change my means of receiving service to all locations.

    Now the question is which streaming to we go with? Looking at all of the platforms available they are quite similar. The question becomes which one is the most reliable and doesn't hit you with ridiculous charges.
    Out of the 100 +- channels most offer we will use a a couple local and maybe 6 - 9 others. I have used an antenna successfully for local in the past but don't want to go back to that.

    I am curious what services any of you are currently using and are you happy with it.

    I have looked at many of the write-ups on the internet and it is all over the place as far as which one is the best. Kind of like audio equipment or any other product.
    Brad - I had frontier at our home in the mountains and one of the greatest days was terminating them completely. We do not have fiber there (yet) and their landline service (for both phone and internet) was miserable and their customer service was abominable. Dumped the phone line completely, added starlink and the world up there is a different place now. Goodbye Frontier!
    Amplification: DartZeel 468 (2) // DartZeel NHB18NS Mk. II
    Tuner: MagnumDynalab 108T/SE
    Table/Cart: J.Sikora Reference // Integrity HiFi Tru-Glider - DSAudio GrandMaster EX // Integrity HiFI Tru-Glider - Ortofon A Mono
    Equalizer/Phono Pre: DSAudio Master3
    Speakers: TAD R-1 MkII, REL Six Pack of REL Carbon Specials
    Power: Nordost QBase8 Mk3, QX4, Qkore1, 3 and 6 (chassis), QK1 (2), QV2 (2), Chord GroundAray (signal), Chord Line Aray (3), Chord Professional, AddPOWR EAU2 (2)
    DAC/Serv-stream: LampiZator Horizon/ Taiko Extreme
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond SE Speaker Cables
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond PCs (7), Evolution Acoustics 50 ohm (Zeel Connection), Nordost Odin2 IC (2), Nordost Valhalla II USB, CH Acoustic X20 IC, Final Touch Audio Elara PCs (6)
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM
    CMS Ultra 2.0 Footers TT (2) and TD (2), Revopods (2) and SortKones and EVPs where they work
    Critical Mass Systems Ultra-Q Rack > Silence Focus Amp Stands

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Cord Cutting Options

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •