Recent content by slowgeezr

  1. slowgeezr

    My new Network Isolator

    A couple of weeks ago I installed a Matrix Audio SI-1 Network Isolater, to replace my two 10GTek Media Converters with the corresponding pair of Small Green Computer Power supplies. Once installed, I knew within the first song that this was a keeper. An excellent sound upgrade for my digital...
  2. slowgeezr

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!

    Happy Birthday!
  3. slowgeezr

    Something happened with my Electric in the Storm the other night

    Did they call it Lake Ugg, for short?
  4. slowgeezr

    My new amps...

    I've heard the Stern with Maxes and really liked it. Simply amazing. Since I already own the Max amps, the Stern is my choice. I will be moving my gear, except for the amps and speakers, to the side wall. Buying an integrated would require very long speaker cables, or very long interconnects for...
  5. slowgeezr

    What type of amps do you use? Tube? Solid State? Both? Hybrid?

    I'm enjoying the heck out of it. I can't believe how much I like the Max versus the Pass amps I had. I'm especially enjoying the system also because of the new subs installed a month ago!
  6. slowgeezr

    My new amps...

    Thank you! The plan is to purchase the Audionet Stern, to replace my current preamp.
  7. slowgeezr

    My new amps...

    Nice. I think they make a good component. I purchased the Soulnote phono, as it has four inputs, of which one is for optical. I had just purchased an optical cartridge. I also have two turntables and the other has a moving coil cartridge mounted. I was hoping the Soulnote would sound as good as...
  8. slowgeezr

    What type of amps do you use? Tube? Solid State? Both? Hybrid?

    I use Audionet Maxes with mine.
  9. slowgeezr

    What system is in your ride?

    In the Porsche - Bose. In the BMW - Stock. In the Volvo - Harmon Kardon. My Ducati 998 had Termi's. Beat all the other sound systems.
  10. slowgeezr

    New Subs!

    Gordon, if you meant me, I'm buying an Audionet Stern.
  11. slowgeezr

    New Subs!

    Yes, I listened to them at my dealers. They seemed to give more air around the musical performance, a little more life. They might be something to buy in the future, but now I'm saving up for a new preamp.
  12. slowgeezr

    New Subs!

    JDC, mine are the 703 SP model. I replaced my 13 year old Wilson WP8s with them. I'm pretty darn happy, too!
  13. slowgeezr

    My new amps...

    Thanks!
  14. slowgeezr

    My new amps...

    Luckily, at 74 I'm still in good health, except for pulling a back muscle every now and then!
  15. slowgeezr

    New Subs!

    Thanks JDC! So far the Fynes and Perlistens are pairing up nicely!
Back
Top