Recent content by Kramer64

  1. K

    Some people are dense

    Prayers for your father-in-law. God bless him
  2. K

    My next preamp: Cary SPL-90 CLONE

    I suspect you are right-no question about the capacity of the Chinese people. Humans are not fungible commodities, however, and that's what troubles me.
  3. K

    My next preamp: Cary SPL-90 CLONE

    I've had that experience. Several years ago I bought a Michi S5 amp that was in my system for a while-its still here with the orphans. I think its a great product-performs flawlessly, looks good, built good, crack the chassis and you can see superb workmanship. When i was looking for...
  4. K

    My next preamp: Cary SPL-90 CLONE

    I think there are separate issues at work. Certainly, when patents expire the technology is fair game and that's a good thing. Chinese interests, of course, are notorious for stealing IP, but that's a different issue. The broader point for me is that when I can make a clear choice, I won't buy a...
  5. K

    My next preamp: Cary SPL-90 CLONE

    I'm looking at buying a set of Headphones and was considering Hifiman-for some reason I thought they were made in Taiwan-I don't much keep up with the headphone market. They are, of course, made in mainland China, so they are off my list. Which is a shame because they really are very good and...
  6. K

    My next preamp: Cary SPL-90 CLONE

    There are times when all of us-certainly including yours truly-can benefit by laughing at ourselves a bit. As Art Linkletter said, Audiophiles say the darndest things.
  7. K

    My next preamp: Cary SPL-90 CLONE

    Just joking with you guys. Might as well laugh
  8. K

    My next preamp: Cary SPL-90 CLONE

    You’re right, my friend. My spelling is not great but my typing is worse. Bad eyes and fat fingers
  9. K

    My next preamp: Cary SPL-90 CLONE

    All in fun
  10. K

    My next preamp: Cary SPL-90 CLONE

    With the price of gasoline swimming is a hood choice.
  11. K

    What system is in your ride?

    I have a Lexus with a Mark Levinson system. Its very good. I traded an Audi about a year ago which had Bang and Olufsen. The Levinson system is much better-not close. Of course, nothing has ever matched the luxurious sound of the Panasonic 8 track system I installed in my 1969 Plymouth Fury a...
  12. K

    My latest amp on the way -- NOT class D, NOT a clone, not even class A/B

    I take Amir's point, but wouldn't you need to know how old the ML amps are to put what you quoted in context? If those amps are 5 years old, that's one thing. If they are 15 years old, it seems a bit different. For me, if I buy something for a few hundred bucks, considering it disposable makes...
  13. K

    My latest amp on the way -- NOT class D, NOT a clone, not even class A/B

    The good thing about gear at the price of some of the Chinese stuff is that its easy to consider it disposable. If you don't mind buying Chinese and you get the performance you describe the attraction is obvious. There are also very high quality Chinese brands like Cayin. I recently bought a...
  14. K

    My latest amp on the way -- NOT class D, NOT a clone, not even class A/B

    That’s entirely possible. Maybe you can fill me in on exactly what the plot is, but I thought it was about Audio gear which is what I’ve been discussing with this fellow who apparently must be shunned.
  15. K

    My latest amp on the way -- NOT class D, NOT a clone, not even class A/B

    You asked, so I'll answer, speaking only for me. As my messages would indicate, I don't share his preferences for gear. I thought, however, that an audio forum was an opportunity to exchange ideas, share experiences, maybe open our minds enough to learn something. My system would certainly prove...
Back
Top