Recent content by Gene

  1. G

    What happened to Magico S7

    S7 is the end for me.. and I’m glad I have them.. Now they enter the Magico pantheon of successful models that have added a unique voice that helped define what the “magic” is all about...
  2. G

    Beethoven's 7th 2nd Movement: "Allegretto"

    Thanks for sharing that very moving performance...
  3. G

    What did you give up?

    I never really thought about it ,but if you insist... just call me a 64 yr old youngster!:)
  4. G

    What did you give up?

    My dear spouse of almost 25 yrs. is very understanding about my little hi-fi obsession, as she calls it.. Never a whimper from her .. even after I let out a storm of expletives after getting busted knuckles from fooling with the damned stuff .
  5. G

    So how old is your "oldest" component?

    I have a vintage system in my study that uses a pair of fully restored Acoustic Research AR3a’s first purchased n 1969. Beautiful... old school “New England” reproduction... I can hear , and understand ,why they were so influential.
  6. G

    Accuphase price cut?

    I'm reading on another audio forum that a 20-25% price cut is in the works. Anyone have any additional info to substantiate this info? Perhaps Accuphase has made the decision that a price cut is the way to generate more overseas sales,especially from N.A. and try and put to rest the price...
  7. G

    Do you think its fair?

    Just for fun lets say I've been wondering about getting a very expensive, brand new 2021 Porsche but I own a internet forum and am asking members to donate to its maintenance. Since i already have several exotic cars in my stable to stroke my ego with would it not be better to spend the money on...
  8. G

    Albert von Schweikert has passed

    Albert Von Schweikert (1945-2020) | Announcements | Part-Time Audiophile
  9. G

    Degritter RCM

    I have a KL Audio and I really love it, but I hear that they are not in production any longer,although i think they will continue to do service/warranty work. But just in case I'm considering the Degritter as a backup. Looks like a well made and effective (from what i've read) machine.I like the...
  10. G

    2020 Rock "n" Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/15/entertainment/rock-hall-fame-2020-inductees/index.html Doobie Brothers... Yes! :congrats:
  11. G

    A Tweakers Lament

    From last October's Stereophile mag letters section sent in by a fellow from Colorado. A very clever audiophile poem. A Tweaker's Lament When I notice my system Is off by a bit I give my cartridge a nudge. Sometimes the tweak Decreases the peak Sometimes it adds to the sludge. Engineers call...
  12. G

    Pushing the audio envelope

    https://www.monoandstereo.com/2020/01/magicos-measuring-accuracy.html#more
  13. G

    Where The Hell Do I Put That Record?????

    Interesting and handy device called "Transit Platter" that seems to answer that question very nicely. https://www.analogplanet.com/content/where-hell-do-i-put-record Available in the US at Elusive Disc. http://audiophile.elusivedisc.com/search?w=stable+33.33&x=0&y=0
  14. G

    Munich High End 2019: Loudspeakers

    Jonathan Valin on loudspeakers at the Munich show. https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/munich-high-end-2019-loudspeakers/ Incidentally he has high praise for the Borresen 05
  15. G

    From Sonus faber to Magico

    Well, after a one day delay due to the weather, the S7's are finally in and making beautiful music. You really have to see the finish in person to fully appreciate how gorgeous they are. Glad i went with the red. I'm told they will need 200-400hrs to full cook. I'm in no hurry. BTW... The...
Back
Top