2019 - How did it shape up? - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 - How did it shape up?

What hasn't changed during 2019 is my general preference for tube amplification and analog sources. Having owned Kii Threes over the past year gave me a newfound appreciation for DSP and active speakers when done at this level. I'm on a horn kick now (quasi-horn, to be exact). Another eye-opener coming from direct radiators and 'stats. Jump factor in spades opening another dimension closer towards 'realness' or 'live' sound like I've not experienced in my own system. In 2019 I also discovered the joys of transimpedance phono amplification via B.M.C. and Channel D.
    Linn Kilmax LP12 | Channel D | Jadis | Denafrips | Innuos | Klipsch Cornwall IV | Falcon LS3/5a | McCollum ESL 57

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 - How did it shape up?

only one major project in 2019... i completely migrated the digital front end from a computer to a purpose built audio transport whose only function is to run roon ROCK. part of that project was to revamp the ethernet network supporting the digital source chain which included installing optical fiber. when complete, this made a huge impact on the SQ of my system which can be attributed to the drastic reduction in electrical noise achieved.

now for 2020... so many project from which to choose:

> add an analog source
    > repurpose the basement rec-room to an audio listening room with a HT as well
    > add a second integrated amp to the stable -- maybe a SS, class-A
    > improve power supply to the system

hard to decide!!
    kanjiroba yak + roon rock > t+a dac8 dsd > almarro a318b > viking acoustics berlin r mk2 | alp-tone audio analog cables

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2