Dynaudio sold off to China - News Press - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    16,164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dynaudio sold off to China - News Press

    Mick,

    Thank you so much for joining.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynlunatic View Post
    Guys,
    As someone that works for the company and received word of this Monday morning, I must say that initially I was a little worried however after a conversation with Wilfried on Monday I now see why this has taken place and where the company is headed. First thing you must know and quite possibly the most important thing is that Dynaudio products will never move from Denmark. The CEO of GoerTek announced this personally and has said this was one of the most attractive aspects of Dynaudio, how a rather small company could have such advanced manufacturing in house. He is committed to the Dynaudio Legacy both personally and financially. Wilfried stated that this was a company(GoerTek) that shares his vision of Dynaudio for the future and will help us move up the timeframe and future projects and remain committed to quality and performance that we are known for. Wilfried retains 15% ownership and remains in the "man", all of our other management and production will remain the same so if you were to ask me I would say it is all positive. I am open to questions or concerns.

    Mick Tillman
    Dynaudio North America
    Joe

    NuForce STA200, Accuphase E-650, Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2se, Avantgarde Duo XD, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2.

  2. #22
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    24,129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dynaudio sold off to China - News Press

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynlunatic View Post
    Guys,
    As someone that works for the company and received word of this Monday morning, I must say that initially I was a little worried however after a conversation with Wilfried on Monday I now see why this has taken place and where the company is headed. First thing you must know and quite possibly the most important thing is that Dynaudio products will never move from Denmark. The CEO of GoerTek announced this personally and has said this was one of the most attractive aspects of Dynaudio, how a rather small company could have such advanced manufacturing in house. He is committed to the Dynaudio Legacy both personally and financially. Wilfried stated that this was a company(GoerTek) that shares his vision of Dynaudio for the future and will help us move up the timeframe and future projects and remain committed to quality and performance that we are known for. Wilfried retains 15% ownership and remains in the "man", all of our other management and production will remain the same so if you were to ask me I would say it is all positive. I am open to questions or concerns.

    Mick Tillman
    Dynaudio North America
    Thanks for clarifying Mick. Thanks for joining.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dynaudio sold off to China - News Press

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynlunatic View Post
    Guys,
    As someone that works for the company and received word of this Monday morning, I must say that initially I was a little worried however after a conversation with Wilfried on Monday I now see why this has taken place and where the company is headed. First thing you must know and quite possibly the most important thing is that Dynaudio products will never move from Denmark. The CEO of GoerTek announced this personally and has said this was one of the most attractive aspects of Dynaudio, how a rather small company could have such advanced manufacturing in house. He is committed to the Dynaudio Legacy both personally and financially. Wilfried stated that this was a company(GoerTek) that shares his vision of Dynaudio for the future and will help us move up the timeframe and future projects and remain committed to quality and performance that we are known for. Wilfried retains 15% ownership and remains in the "man", all of our other management and production will remain the same so if you were to ask me I would say it is all positive. I am open to questions or concerns.

    Mick Tillman
    Dynaudio North America

    15% ownership doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of corporate business and the high-end is littered with former owners who lost control of their companies after a merger or sale. Some even lost the rights to their name like Mark Levinson and Bob Carver. Time will tell whether or not this was a good move for Dynaudio or it was a good move for GoerTek and China. I somehow doubt it will be both, but again, time will tell. It will also be interesting to see how GoerTek will "move up the time frame and future products and remain committed to quality and performance" if the production is going to remain in Denmark.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toronto,Ontario
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dynaudio sold off to China - News Press

    Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Seriously???
    +1 Really ?
    Paul

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dynaudio sold off to China - News Press

    Makes me want to take my Special 25's out of the box and crank up some vinyl. As long as Mfg stays in Denmark they should hold onto the quality as expected.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dynaudio sold off to China - News Press

    Quote Originally Posted by dan31 View Post
    Makes me want to take my Special 25's out of the box and crank up some vinyl. As long as Mfg stays in Denmark they should hold onto the quality as expected.
    Anybody read the story about the clothing factory that just burned to the ground in Italy that was run by Chinese and employed smuggled Chinese workers that was manufacturing clothing that said "Made in Italy?"

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dynaudio sold off to China - News Press

    Good thing Dynaudio isn't Italian!

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dynaudio sold off to China - News Press

    Thanks for having me! I would like to be as much of a resource and myth muster as much as possible so ask away.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dynaudio sold off to China - News Press

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynlunatic View Post
    Thanks for having me! I would like to be as much of a resource and myth muster as much as possible so ask away.
    Right now Dyanaudio and their new owners are in the honeymoon phase where everything is peaches and cream. Please check back with us as time marches on and let us know how all of the inevitable changes are going.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Burb of Chi-town
    Posts
    567
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dynaudio sold off to China - News Press

    Big Welcome MICK
    Glad to see you on some boards again. Don't be scared of the Sharks These folks are civilized.

    Thanks for the explanation. The future will be interesting. If done right it could be better - just don't come out with too many upgrades too fast. It kills resale which is one of the better aspects Dynaudio has been known for. Moving up the line wasn't that costly at all.

    Again welcome and thanks for joining.
    George

    Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast