Sbooster vs. Keces PS
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Sbooster vs. Keces PS

    For awhile now I have used a 19v Sbooster MkII as the ps on my sonicTransporter i7. It was a substantial improvement over the Dell ps that came with it.

    Based on Mike's trials I decided to try a Keces P8, single output, set to 19v on the ST. It's been in the system since Saturday.
    I sent this to Mike this morning: "Good call on the Keces ps. It DESTROYS the Sbooster on the sonicTransporter i7".

    Biggest change: a plethora more of micro information and detail. Sound field expands and contracts in a way I haven't experienced, depending on recording. Everything is more solid and dynamic. Bass energy is awesome.

    I think it must be do to the increased current the P8 can deliver.

    A must have IMO.....

  2. Thanks Mike, aKnyght thanked for this post
    Likes Mike, Dguitarnut, Kuoppis liked this post
  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sbooster vs. Keces PS

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    For awhile now I have used a 19v Sbooster MkII as the ps on my sonicTransporter i7. It was a substantial improvement over the Dell ps that came with it.

    Based on Mike's trials I decided to try a Keces P8, single output, set to 19v on the ST. It's been in the system since Saturday.
    I sent this to Mike this morning: "Good call on the Keces ps. It DESTROYS the Sbooster on the sonicTransporter i7".

    Biggest change: a plethora more of micro information and detail. Sound field expands and contracts in a way I haven't experienced, depending on recording. Everything is more solid and dynamic. Bass energy is awesome.

    I think it must be do to the increased current the P8 can deliver.

    A must have IMO.....
    Congrats King on the major upgrade in sound quality. I have the P8 on my Roon Nucleus Plus and the P3 on my GigaFoilv4 and I also experienced a significant improvement in sound quality. The Keces power supplies work beautifully, look great and are built like a tank. I’m a satisfied customer. Thanks Mike!

    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

  4. Thanks Mike thanked for this post
    Likes Dguitarnut liked this post
  5. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    139
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sbooster vs. Keces PS

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Congrats King on the major upgrade in sound quality. I have the P8 on my Roon Nucleus Plus and the P3 on my GigaFoilv4 and I also experienced a significant improvement in sound quality. The Keces power supplies work beautifully, look great and are built like a tank. I’m a satisfied customer. Thanks Mike!

    Ken
    Another “up tick” in performance is to replace the supplied DC cord between the Keces and the device being used, with a more substantial after market one ......
    Cheers.....
    1E35836C-2C44-4A37-BB15-54E965A2FCE9.jpeg1E35836C-2C44-4A37-BB15-54E965A2FCE9.jpeg
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

  6. Thanks Kingsrule thanked for this post
    Likes Mike, Kuoppis, kzhtoo liked this post
  7. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sbooster vs. Keces PS

    Quote Originally Posted by MRJAZZ View Post
    Another “up tick” in performance is to replace the supplied DC cord between the Keces and the device being used, with a more substantial after market one ......
    Cheers.....
    1E35836C-2C44-4A37-BB15-54E965A2FCE9.jpeg1E35836C-2C44-4A37-BB15-54E965A2FCE9.jpeg
    Thanks for the tip! A couple of questions on which options of DC-4S6G needed for Keces.

    - Dual Straight plugs or Straight to right angle or Dual right angle plugs?

    - 2.1G-2.1G or 2.1G-2.5G or 2.5G-2.5G?

  8. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sbooster vs. Keces PS

    Keces used 2.5mm plug. What u put on the other end is your choice. The Keces cord has 2.5mm plugs on both ends and comes with a 2.1mm adaptor

    Angles are your choice


    UltraFast69 just pointed out his Keces dc cable was 2.5 to 2.1 with a 2.1 to 2.5 adaptor

    In any case IMO if you are ordering a speciality dc cable, order exactly what u need so as not to use an adaptor

  9. Thanks kzhtoo thanked for this post
    Likes kzhtoo liked this post
  10. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sbooster vs. Keces PS

    I ordered the Ghent Audio DC cords....funny thing is yesterday I was saying to Mike we need to find some better dc power cords. These look perfect

  11. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    139
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sbooster vs. Keces PS

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    I ordered the Ghent Audio DC cords....funny thing is yesterday I was saying to Mike we need to find some better dc power cords. These look perfect
    I think you will find them to be worth their relatively minor investment...
    Cheers......
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

  12. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sbooster vs. Keces PS

    Quote Originally Posted by MRJAZZ View Post
    I think you will find them to be worth their relatively minor investment...
    Cheers......
    I ordered one as well, and they appear as build to order with a three week lead time - for under $50 an OFC cable is worth a shot


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3’s & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for Gigafoil v4, modem, routers, switches & Stillpoints.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII



  13. Likes kzhtoo liked this post
  14. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Sbooster vs. Keces PS

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    Keces used 2.5mm plug. What u put on the other end is your choice. The Keces cord has 2.5mm plugs on both ends and comes with a 2.1mm adaptor

    Angles are your choice


    UltraFast69 just pointed out his Keces dc cable was 2.5 to 2.1 with a 2.1 to 2.5 adaptor

    In any case IMO if you are ordering a speciality dc cable, order exactly what u need so as not to use an adaptor
    Ordered as well. Finally had a chance to check DC cable that came with Keces. Seems Keces to Gagafoil needs DC cable with 2.5mm plug on each end. I currently have to use adaptor on Gagafoil side (2.1 > 2.5).

  15. #10
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    24,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sbooster vs. Keces PS

    Please note, Keces is increasing our costs on the P3 to $399 and P8 to $699 on April 1st. Anyone on the fence should get me their order quickly.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KEF Loudspeakers, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast