Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425
Results 1,201 to 1,241 of 1241
  1. #1201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    France
    Posts
    104

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    D2 is a huge budget for Borresen 03s IMO, how about C2 ?
    Thiel CS 3.7 (Sold)
    Headphone rig : Chord Hugo TT2, Kennerton Odin mkll, Hifiman HE1000se, Dana Lazuli Reference cable.
    Intel NUC/Daphile, Qobuz Sublime+.
    Future Speaker rig : Borresen 03 - Audionet Humboldt - Totaldac D1-Direct - Totaldac D-1 Streamer - 2 Paul Pang OCXO Quad switch.

  2. #1202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Burb of Chi-town
    Posts
    588

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    The C2 is very good. Much better than the original D1. I have to agree though the D2 is the sweet spot IMO especially with the D-TC and the Supreme.
    George

    Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

  3. #1203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    130

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    The C2 is very good. Much better than the original D1. I have to agree though the D2 is the sweet spot IMO especially with the D-TC and the Supreme.
    I second George on that! If going with C2 Mainz try to get a D2 Mainz8 power distributor and do not forget Darkz under equipment and cables. If funds allow, D2 is a good step up and D-TC Mainz way beyond that. But C2 is so good, so until comparing with D2, D-TC nothing else comes close.

    My best for 2020/Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, Kuzma Stabi R + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone upgrade/Kondo silver + Soundsmith Sussurro II, Naim streamer + Teddy Pardo psu, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

  4. #1204
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    France
    Posts
    104

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Is D2 much better than Cardas Clear Beyond ?
    Thiel CS 3.7 (Sold)
    Headphone rig : Chord Hugo TT2, Kennerton Odin mkll, Hifiman HE1000se, Dana Lazuli Reference cable.
    Intel NUC/Daphile, Qobuz Sublime+.
    Future Speaker rig : Borresen 03 - Audionet Humboldt - Totaldac D1-Direct - Totaldac D-1 Streamer - 2 Paul Pang OCXO Quad switch.

  5. #1205
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    2,869

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Thieliste

    I am just curious, after almost three years between this forum and Audiogon are you actually going to break down and buy something or just keep spinning around in circles? It's really not as hard as you have been making it.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, Supratek Chardonnay, Van Alstine Vision SET-400, Fritz Carrera Be, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, USB & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

    Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Reynaud Abscisse Jubilee, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

  6. #1206
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    France
    Posts
    104

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Thieliste

    I am just curious, after almost three years between this forum and Audiogon are you actually going to break down and buy something or just keep spinning around in circles? It's really not as hard as you have been making it.
    Just waiting patiently for the funds.
    Meanwhile that doesn't hold me from exploring what's on the market, and i still have my headphone rig to listen to music.
    Thiel CS 3.7 (Sold)
    Headphone rig : Chord Hugo TT2, Kennerton Odin mkll, Hifiman HE1000se, Dana Lazuli Reference cable.
    Intel NUC/Daphile, Qobuz Sublime+.
    Future Speaker rig : Borresen 03 - Audionet Humboldt - Totaldac D1-Direct - Totaldac D-1 Streamer - 2 Paul Pang OCXO Quad switch.

  7. #1207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    130

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by Thieliste View Post
    Is D2 much better than Cardas Clear Beyond ?
    Have not listened to the Cardas but I heard a A2 Mainz better an Odin II when Ansuz series 2 was introduced some years ago albeit in an otherwise full Ansuz and Aavik system.Though i have noticed that mains cables could be very system dependent however with one exception, Ansuz Mainz, which always made a positive impact on any system I heard them introduced in.

    A2 being no slouch C2 betters it clearly in all areas and is def worth the extra cost and a D2, well….

    Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, Kuzma Stabi R + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone upgrade/Kondo silver + Soundsmith Sussurro II, Naim streamer + Teddy Pardo psu, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

  8. #1208
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    France
    Posts
    104

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeoo View Post
    Have not listened to the Cardas but I heard a A2 Mainz better an Odin II when Ansuz series 2 was introduced some years ago albeit in an otherwise full Ansuz and Aavik system.Though i have noticed that mains cables could be very system dependent however with one exception, Ansuz Mainz, which always made a positive impact on any system I heard them introduced in.

    A2 being no slouch C2 betters it clearly in all areas and is def worth the extra cost and a D2, well….

    Mike
    Yeah i guess C2 is already very impressive compared to the competition costing much more.
    Thiel CS 3.7 (Sold)
    Headphone rig : Chord Hugo TT2, Kennerton Odin mkll, Hifiman HE1000se, Dana Lazuli Reference cable.
    Intel NUC/Daphile, Qobuz Sublime+.
    Future Speaker rig : Borresen 03 - Audionet Humboldt - Totaldac D1-Direct - Totaldac D-1 Streamer - 2 Paul Pang OCXO Quad switch.

  9. #1209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    203

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by Thieliste View Post
    Is D2 much better than Cardas Clear Beyond ?
    I was a long time fan of Cardas cables. I've had everything up to the Clear but not the Clear Beyond. To answer your question, yes I would choose even an Ansuz A2 over the Cardas Clears that I once owned.
    Bud
    Naim NAC 252 Preamp w/TeddySuperCap PS - Naim NAP 250 DR Amplifier - Naim ND555 Streamer/DAC w/555PS - Naim Headline Headphone Amp w/Naim HiCap PS - Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers - Skylan speaker stands - Quadraspire SVT Equipment Stand - Naim Super Lumina Speaker Cables - Ansuz A2 DIN IC - Naim power cables - Ansuz Mainz A2 power distributor - Ansuz C2 Power Cable. - Nordost Heimdall 2 Headphone and Ethernet Cables - Sennheiser HD-800S and Audeze LCD 4 headphones

  10. #1210
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    zürich
    Posts
    305

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    glad to hear from you leatherneck......was following your u-loop to dtc back to a2

    a few questions i have:
    is d2 really "better" than odin?

    how much discount is possible to get normally for the ansuz stoff? 50% realistic? for full loom d2. got my odins abot 40% below msrp ten years back.
    nagra cd, tube dac, psu, audionet humboldt, wilson tunetot, odin, hms definitiva

  11. #1211
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New York City Metro Area
    Posts
    425

    Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    glad to hear from you leatherneck......was following your u-loop to dtc back to a2

    a few questions i have:
    is d2 really "better" than odin?

    how much discount is possible to get normally for the ansuz stoff? 50% realistic? for full loom d2. got my odins abot 40% below msrp ten years back.
    Hi U-Sound...

    Yes, while subjective I believe most everyone who has owned both D2 and Odin would agree D2 is really “better”. I have owned both and would venture to say that even A2 is better than Odin. Others may disagree but I doubt it.

    D2 is some of the best performing cable on the market at any price point. To ask if D2 is really better than Odin is a bit like asking if a 2019 Ferrari 488
    is really “better” than a 2010 Porsche 911. Both cars are great but there is a significant difference in performance and thrill factor.

    Regarding discount... it depends. If you are patient and buy each cable piecemeal (Trade ins or preowned on the secondary market) you may be able to obtain or get near that pricing. If however you want a relationship with a dealer and want everything at once, new product with warranty then I’d suggest you’d pay more. While dealers are motivated to make sales, they are professionals servicing you and ensuring you have a top rate experience. They of course have operational costs to cover and need to make a fair profit. This said should you purchase a full loom they should work with you to the extent they reasonably are able to.

    To stick with the car analogy, sure you can find a classified and buy that car from Joe Blow at an aggressive discount. But if it’s important to you, the notion of buying a certified preowned from a dealer or a new vehicle from one with a long-standing, positive reputation may prove comforting and reassuring.

    If it’s deep discounting you’re oriented to, look for first generation Ansuz cabling. You’ll find your deal. Second generation Ansuz has not been on the market more than a couple years now so it’s harder to come by for rarely is it sold on the secondary compared to many other brands. People tend to hold onto it or trade up through their dealers.

    From my point of view, Nordost’s philosophy may be different from that of Ansuz’s. I once heard Lars (Ansuz) say that he wants to run his R&D team like a team of Formula 1 engineers. He wants to consistently be first to market with the best performing technologically advanced product. Not that Nordost wouldn’t like this as well, but their current product lines have been introduced several years ago if not longer in many cases. R&D is expensive but necessary to break through performance barriers.

    I hope this helps and best of luck! Feel welcome to DM me if I can be of further assistance.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #1212
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    zürich
    Posts
    305

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    hey dolce vita, THX!!
    i take it as an honor to get such a long detailed answer.
    i wonder a little why out in the web is still much more talk about odin and nr2 than ansuz.
    right now i have somebody who badly wants to buy my full loom odin for just 20% less than i bought it long ago.
    i wonder because he is an expierient guy with acsess to basicly anthing. so why doesnt he buy ansuz d2?
    i dont want to defend odin btw, i have no clue whats better myself.
    all i actually need is 1 rca cable. this guy who wants to buy my old cables, lol, makes me looking around and yes, the designer from odin is now ansuz if i am right. sure makes thinking he is capable.
    nagra cd, tube dac, psu, audionet humboldt, wilson tunetot, odin, hms definitiva

  13. #1213
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New York City Metro Area
    Posts
    425

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    hey dolce vita, THX!!
    i take it as an honor to get such a long detailed answer.
    i wonder a little why out in the web is still much more talk about odin and nr2 than ansuz.
    right now i have somebody who badly wants to buy my full loom odin for just 20% less than i bought it long ago.
    i wonder because he is an expierient guy with acsess to basicly anthing. so why doesnt he buy ansuz d2?
    i dont want to defend odin btw, i have no clue whats better myself.
    all i actually need is 1 rca cable. this guy who wants to buy my old cables, lol, makes me looking around and yes, the designer from odin is now ansuz if i am right. sure makes thinking he is capable.
    My pleasure!

    If you can sell your loom of Odin under these circumstances you should seriously consider.

    Why he does not buy Ansuz D2 I cannot say. Maybe he has a relative who works for Nordost? ;-)

    Happy to help anyway I can. Best of luck. Yes... Odin was the reference for years and it’s good but Børresen continues to innovate


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #1214
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    zürich
    Posts
    305

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    thx again, yes, selling is becoming a true option.
    no the buyer is german and not conectetd to nordost. he actally is atrader for 2nd hand audiogear who has asian clients. he travels through middle europe and checks if the 2nd gear is in good condition. nearly all gear i sold in recent years was to him. all the biggest of levinson, fm , krell etc. he never payed well, but then again it was always just calling him and within a couple of hours the gear was out of the house and the cash straight in the pocked. every time he asked about the odins, how much i want. because he knows mine ones he can garantie they are not fake ones nor shortened ones and the asians seem to be fans of odin. so finally he offered now to buy them for 40% percent of new ones.

    well, i am looking strongly at the borresen 03 as well,....might it be the best just fly up to denmark and knock at the factory door?
    full loom d2 + bore03 top deal fight
    nagra cd, tube dac, psu, audionet humboldt, wilson tunetot, odin, hms definitiva

  15. #1215
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    France
    Posts
    104

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    thx again, yes, selling is becoming a true option.
    no the buyer is german and not conectetd to nordost. he actally is atrader for 2nd hand audiogear who has asian clients. he travels through middle europe and checks if the 2nd gear is in good condition. nearly all gear i sold in recent years was to him. all the biggest of levinson, fm , krell etc. he never payed well, but then again it was always just calling him and within a couple of hours the gear was out of the house and the cash straight in the pocked. every time he asked about the odins, how much i want. because he knows mine ones he can garantie they are not fake ones nor shortened ones and the asians seem to be fans of odin. so finally he offered now to buy them for 40% percent of new ones.

    well, i am looking strongly at the borresen 03 as well,....might it be the best just fly up to denmark and knock at the factory door?
    full loom d2 + bore03 top deal fight
    Great choice if you go for Borresen 03s, i just sold my Thiel CS 3.7s and also want to purchase the 03s.
    I know the distributor very well and should get a good discount from him, will probably go for Anzuz cables as well.
    Thiel CS 3.7 (Sold)
    Headphone rig : Chord Hugo TT2, Kennerton Odin mkll, Hifiman HE1000se, Dana Lazuli Reference cable.
    Intel NUC/Daphile, Qobuz Sublime+.
    Future Speaker rig : Borresen 03 - Audionet Humboldt - Totaldac D1-Direct - Totaldac D-1 Streamer - 2 Paul Pang OCXO Quad switch.

  16. #1216

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    You are always welcome to visit us in Denmark You just contact me and we will take care of you and also make sure you are going to have a great and interesting time..

  17. #1217
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    922

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Happy New Year to all!


    I’ve been following the exchange between u-sound and La Dolce Vita with great interest.


    Why is there still so much talk on the web about the Nordost Odin? The simple answer is because it is a very good cable – that runs circles around many others in the niche – and is manufactured by a long established and well respected brand.


    Years back when I started this thread my complete system foundation was Nordost. Odin, Valhalla, QBase, QX Quantum’s, Sort Kones, Jumpers and more. I had worked my way up the product range with my first purchase being Blue Heaven cables and pulsar points.

    Nordost’s foundation theory works and was quite a wakeup call for the entire industry. Its philosophical position that when you are listening to your Hi Fi system, what you are actually listening to is the AC power that comes out of your wall was revolutionary and controversial in equal order as adjudged by the protagonists and antagonists of the day. Nonetheless the veracity of the philosophy was undeniable to my ears and a fine example of the sort of cathedral thinking the industry desperately needed. That said, the fall out was staggering. Suddenly spending unconscionably large sums of money on Odin cables was actually defensible.


    While cathedrals stand for hundreds of years largely unchanged archaeologically and architecturally; construction methods evolve. With the advent of Ansuz Acoustics, chief designer Michael Børresen advanced his earlier work at Nordost taking electrical characteristics of low capacitance and inductance and mechanical concepts of resonance control and pushed the boundaries further whilst adding a suite of noise reduction and suppression technologies. In my own tests I found Ansuz took the best qualities of Nordost, that is, speed, resolution and neutrality and injected a blacker background resulting in more effortless and organic musicality.


    Reports in this thread and elsewhere point to various independent parties finding the Ansuz Acoustics A2 power cable superior to the Nordost Odin 2 Supreme Reference power cable. That’s quite a finding when you consider the Odin 2 lists at US$22k (2.5m) versus the Ansuz A2 at US$3k (2m). Even so, given Ansuz cables are accessible and dealers are encouraged to loan them out to qualified customers there is absolutely no excuse for not trying them in your own system to arrive at your own conclusion.

    Owners and prospective owners of Borresen Acoustics loudspeakers are particularly encouraged to use Ansuz cables and accessories. This is not only due to obvious synergy (Borresen speakers are wired with Ansuz) but because the effects of various technologies employed are cumulative.


    Again – Happy 2020 to all.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

  18. #1218
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    290

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    flying to Denmark and knocking on the factory door sounds like a great idea.

    full loom D2 also sounds like a dream, if it's too much money I would "settle" with D2 on the power side and C2 on the signal side of things. But eventually you would probably want to upgrade to D2 all over...
    Streamer: Lumin U1 Mini (Paul Hynes), DAC: LampizatOr Amber III, Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon, Speakers: PMC Fact.8, Miscellaneous: Ansuz cables, power distributor & mechanical grounding. Sablon Audio 2020 USB.

  19. #1219
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Burb of Chi-town
    Posts
    588

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    glad to hear from you leatherneck......was following your u-loop to dtc back to a2

    a few questions i have:
    is d2 really "better" than odin?

    how much discount is possible to get normally for the ansuz stuff? 50% realistic? for full loom d2. got my odins about 40% below msrp ten years back.
    While I do agree the D2 is the sweet spot the original D-TC is even better than the D2. I assume the D-TC is no longer in production since the Supreme version is out and available so you may be able to find a demo or new old stock D-TC for the price of a D2. I also recommend nothing shorter than 2M. The longer the better. If you want to get started - start with the foundation being from the wall to the distribution and from there power cords to the components. Then the interconnects and last the speaker cables.

    Good Luck
    George

    Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

  20. #1220
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    130

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    While I do agree the D2 is the sweet spot the original D-TC is even better than the D2. I assume the D-TC is no longer in production since the Supreme version is out and available so you may be able to find a demo or new old stock D-TC for the price of a D2. I also recommend nothing shorter than 2M. The longer the better. If you want to get started - start with the foundation being from the wall to the distribution and from there power cords to the components. Then the interconnects and last the speaker cables.

    Good Luck
    I do believe D-TC Mainz is still in production, but Lars can surely confirm this. D-TC Supreme being twice the price of D-TC I guess it will stay in production. The D-TC Mainz in my system gave a jump in SQ that I didn't expect.

    Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, Kuzma Stabi R + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone upgrade/Kondo silver + Soundsmith Sussurro II, Naim streamer + Teddy Pardo psu, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

  21. #1221
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Burb of Chi-town
    Posts
    588

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    I found when I went with the original D-TC power cord I could play music almost twice as loud as before. That said that was with the MainzD8 distribution and a C1 cord going to the Aavik. When I got the Supreme cord I again could play music twice as loud and by then I had the D-TC distribution and a C2 going to the Aavik. BTW with the Supreme distribution music plays a lot louder too.
    George

    Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

  22. #1222
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New York City Metro Area
    Posts
    425

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Happy New Year to all!


    I’ve been following the exchange between u-sound and La Dolce Vita with great interest.


    Why is there still so much talk on the web about the Nordost Odin? The simple answer is because it is a very good cable – that runs circles around many others in the niche – and is manufactured by a long established and well respected brand.


    Years back when I started this thread my complete system foundation was Nordost. Odin, Valhalla, QBase, QX Quantum’s, Sort Kones, Jumpers and more. I had worked my way up the product range with my first purchase being Blue Heaven cables and pulsar points.

    Nordost’s foundation theory works and was quite a wakeup call for the entire industry. Its philosophical position that when you are listening to your Hi Fi system, what you are actually listening to is the AC power that comes out of your wall was revolutionary and controversial in equal order as adjudged by the protagonists and antagonists of the day. Nonetheless the veracity of the philosophy was undeniable to my ears and a fine example of the sort of cathedral thinking the industry desperately needed. That said, the fall out was staggering. Suddenly spending unconscionably large sums of money on Odin cables was actually defensible.


    While cathedrals stand for hundreds of years largely unchanged archaeologically and architecturally; construction methods evolve. With the advent of Ansuz Acoustics, chief designer Michael Børresen advanced his earlier work at Nordost taking electrical characteristics of low capacitance and inductance and mechanical concepts of resonance control and pushed the boundaries further whilst added a suite of noise reduction and suppression technologies. In my own tests I found Ansuz took the best qualities of Nordost, that is, speed, resolution and neutrality and injected a blacker background resulting in more effortless and organic musicality.


    Reports in this thread and elsewhere point to various independent parties finding the Ansuz Acoustics A2 power cable superior to the Nordost Odin 2 Supreme Reference power cable. That’s quite a finding when you consider the Odin 2 lists at US$22k (2.5m) versus the Ansuz A2 at US$3k (2m). Even so, given Ansuz cables are accessible and dealers are encouraged to loan them out to qualified customers there is absolutely no excuse for not trying them in your own system to arrive at your own conclusion.

    Owners and prospective owners of Borresen Acoustics loudspeakers are particularly encouraged to use Ansuz cables and accessories. This is not only due to obvious synergy (Borresen speakers are wired with Ansuz) but because the effects of various technologies employed are cumulative.


    Again – Happy 2020 to all.
    Beautifully said and fully concur... thank you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #1223
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    zürich
    Posts
    305

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    hello@everybody from the "black foundation" group
    and thx a lot!! it made me a happy day reading all your informative posts and being welcome in denmark!
    thats what google says:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=dani...w=1260&bih=591
    nagra cd, tube dac, psu, audionet humboldt, wilson tunetot, odin, hms definitiva

  24. #1224
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    922

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    There are not too many photos out there of the new Mainz8 DTC SUPREME distribution unit. This photo comes from HIFI EINS Neu KG of Severinstr. 199, 50676 Köln, [Cologne, Germany] who recently held a High End workshop with Borresen, Ansuz and Aavik products.

    I'm not sure what the purpose of the rod on top of the unit is. If you know please post.





    Source: HiFi Eins in Koeln
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

  25. #1225

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    There are not too many photos out there of the new Mainz8 DTC SUPREME distribution unit. This photo comes from HIFI EINS Neu KG of Severinstr. 199, 50676 Köln, [Cologne, Germany] who recently held a High End workshop with Borresen, Ansuz and Aavik products.

    I'm not sure what the purpose of the rod on top of the unit is. If you know please post.





    Source: HiFi Eins in Koeln
    Kiwi

    It’s a new prototype Darkz Resonance Control Device. Same effect as the Darkz feet just in a different form factor. Lars was using it in Denver last year.

  26. #1226
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    zürich
    Posts
    305

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    makes sense to me
    nagra cd, tube dac, psu, audionet humboldt, wilson tunetot, odin, hms definitiva

  27. #1227
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    zürich
    Posts
    305

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    What is the powerdistributor the mainz is connectet to?? (left in the picture)
    nagra cd, tube dac, psu, audionet humboldt, wilson tunetot, odin, hms definitiva

  28. #1228
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    922

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    What is the powerdistributor the mainz is connectet to?? (left in the picture)

    The other distributor seen in the photo appears to be Euro socket design. It only has one plug going to it, the other nine sockets are empty. What the plug is feeding i'm not sure, but its possibly the DC converter for the Borresen 05 speakers this system is connected to.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

  29. #1229

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Last Thursday I installed a D2 Switch and 2 D2 Ethernet cables in my system. I have only had the opportunity to listen to them for about an hour before leaving town on a trip. I am letting them burn in until I return on Tuesday. From cold, it was immediately more quiet than my Cisco Switch. The lows were better defined and more agile, the mid range had a more natural presentation, yet vocals had more energy. The high end also had more detail but it didn’t have the clarity that i expected. I am confident that it will improve once burned in. Even with the very brief time I listened I was impressed by the magnitude of the improvement. I will report when I get more time to evaluate.

  30. #1230
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    203

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    When I upgraded from a Cisco SG112 switch to an AQVox switch there was a significant improvement. When I replaced the AQVox switch with an Ansuz PowerSwitch there was less of a change. It seemed that what I was hearing now was the impact of the Power section re-enforcing the function of my Ansuz Mainz8 Power Distributor, i.e. lower noise floor.

    I realized with Tidal I didn't need a NAS anymore since all the music was available on Tidal. Removing the NAS eliminated the need for a switch. I connected a Nordost Heimdall Ethernet cable from my router to my Naim streamer and removed my Ansuz PowerSwitch along with Ansuz Ethernet cables. The results were surprising. Eliminating thousands of dollars worth of equipment has resulted in more speed and detail, less coloration and better sound stage width and depth.

    I have a friend who says that too much processing can suck the life out of the music. In this case, I think he is right.
    Last edited by Leatherneck; February 2, 2020 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Updated Provfile
    Bud
    Naim NAC 252 Preamp w/TeddySuperCap PS - Naim NAP 250 DR Amplifier - Naim ND555 Streamer/DAC w/555PS - Naim Headline Headphone Amp w/Naim HiCap PS - Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers - Skylan speaker stands - Quadraspire SVT Equipment Stand - Naim Super Lumina Speaker Cables - Ansuz A2 DIN IC - Naim power cables - Ansuz Mainz A2 power distributor - Ansuz C2 Power Cable. - Nordost Heimdall 2 Headphone and Ethernet Cables - Sennheiser HD-800S and Audeze LCD 4 headphones

  31. #1231
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    10

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Hallo Guys, sadly I will be selling my power cables P2 1,5m and A2 4m. If someone is interested, feel free to write me a message. If this is against the rules, please erase this post.
    Loudspeakers: Blumenhofer Tempesta 17
    Pre-Amp: BAT VK3i
    Power Amp: Acoustic Invader Icepower 1200AS2
    Source: Euphony Zotac, Keces dc-116 Linear PS, iFi micro iUSB 3.0 with merury/gemini cables, RME ADI-2 dac
    Power: Furutech rodium wall socket, Ansuz A2 4m PC, Gigawatt PF-2 MK2 powerstrip, Ansuz P2 1,5m PC, Father Hi9 PC, Gigawatt LC2 MK3 PC, Ansuz Sparkz TC
    DIY aluminium isolation feets for every device
    Schumann Resonator RR-888

  32. #1232
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,776

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    When I upgraded from a Cisco SG112 switch to an AQVox switch there was a significant improvement. When I replaced the AQVox switch with an Ansuz PowerSwitch there was less of a change. It seemed that what I was hearing now was the impact of the Power section re-enforcing the function of my Ansuz Mainz8 Power Distributor, i.e. lower noise floor.

    I realized with Tidal I didn't need a NAS anymore since all the music was available on Tidal. Removing the NAS eliminated the need for a switch. I connected a Nordost Heimdall Ethernet cable from my router to my Naim streamer and removed my Ansuz PowerSwitch along with Ansuz Ethernet cables. The results were surprising. Eliminating thousands of dollars worth of equipment has resulted in more speed and detail, less coloration and better sound stage width and depth.

    I have a friend who says that too much processing can suck the life out of the music. In this case, I think he is right.
    Wow, that’s interesting and hard to sometimes challenge simple.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | ADD POWR series | Environmental Potential EP2050
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | etherREGEN | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss








  33. #1233
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    14

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Well, now this is interesting. Akiko Audio makes a number of power products including several different 'tuning sticks' which have been favorably review at 6moons. I took the AC version and plugged it into my Mainz8 D-TC to see if they would interact favorably.

    There were two improvements. The tonal density increased and, most noticeably, the sound stage got larger. It was as though Joni and her guitar had moved up to the front of the stage or you had gotten better concert seats up in the 7th row.

    Recommended (and reasonably priced).

    Bob

  34. #1234
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Boston, MA USA
    Posts
    155

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    I just added Ansuz C2 power cables and AC block to my Naim system. In the past I've never heard power cables make any difference. These however are quite remarkable; the total bass extension and overall "presence" (impact) of the music is significantly improved. I've gone from a disbeliever to a believer in the right ac handling.

    May past experiences are Naim Powerlines, and an Audience PDC ac block.
    Sources: Naim ND555/555PS streamer/player | Roon Nucleus | Rega RP-8 | Apheta 2 | Aria
    Amplification: Naim 552/500DR
    Interconnects: Naim SuperLumina
    Power: Ansuz C2 with C2 AC cords
    Speakers: Magico A3

  35. #1235
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    130

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Hi,

    I have gradually been adding DTC Mainz to my system and albeit their 'high' cost they really do magic in the appropriate system. I have not yet seen (heard) any reason to replace my U-300. Otherwise I would vote for C2 Mainz as the best bang for the buck mains cable from the Ansuz offerings. I would even skip on D2 Mainz and rather put effort on the distribution box. The wall to the distribution box mains is by way far the most important as you set the whole 'tone' of the Ansuz delivery right there.
    For us believers it is easy to kudos Ansuz but having others believe this effects brought by Ansuz is near impossible until they try them selfs.

    Keep it up and enjoy/Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, Kuzma Stabi R + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone upgrade/Kondo silver + Soundsmith Sussurro II, Naim streamer + Teddy Pardo psu, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

  36. #1236
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    922

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeoo View Post
    Hi,

    I have gradually been adding DTC Mainz to my system and albeit their 'high' cost they really do magic in the appropriate system. I have not yet seen (heard) any reason to replace my U-300. Otherwise I would vote for C2 Mainz as the best bang for the buck mains cable from the Ansuz offerings. I would even skip on D2 Mainz and rather put effort on the distribution box. The wall to the distribution box mains is by way far the most important as you set the whole 'tone' of the Ansuz delivery right there.

    For us believers it is easy to kudos Ansuz but having others believe this effects brought by Ansuz is near impossible until they try them selfs.

    Keep it up and enjoy/Mike

    Hello Mike,


    Congrats on the addition of Ansuz DTC Mainz cable to your system. The best I could afford to buy was the C2 cables and I’ve been very pleased with them. Overall they sounded better to me than the earlier generation D-level Mainz cable. Considering the earlier generations Mainz D was considerably more expensive than the C2 I feel the C2 represents excellent bang for the buck. I also note that if one moves further up the range i.e. to D2, DTC or DTC Supreme then the active noise suppressing elements of these cables require additional investment in an Ansuz PowerBox.


    I recently had a chat with Lars and you’ll be pleased to know that despite the Ansuz DTC Darkz no longer being in the catalog dealers can still special order them from Ansuz if they have demand. I’ve read you’ve been scooping them up from the market as they become available!


    The innovation continues at Ansuz with them recently releasing new products such as the Sparkz TC2 and the Resonator as seen in the below photos.


    Continued innovation and investment is happening at Borresen Acoustics and Aavik Acoustics to. The new Borresen Z-01 which is significantly changed from the prototype shown at RMAF last year is due in June. Furthermore, work is in progress for four (4) new separate products from Aavik, a streamer, DAC, Phono stage and a new entry integrated amplifier positioned below the U-150.










    Photos Above: Source Cong Audio, Ansuz partner, Viet Nam. Photos show the new Ansuz resonator sitting on top of a Ansuz Mainz8 distributor, the packaging of the Ansuz Resonator and the new Ansuz Sparkz TC2 harmonizer.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

  37. #1237
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    14

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    "I recently had a chat with Lars and you’ll be pleased to know that despite the Ansuz DTC Darkz no longer being in the catalog dealers can still special order them from Ansuz if they have demand. I’ve read you’ve been scooping them up from the market as they become available!"

    I recently purchased some from SORAsound in Chicago. If anyone is interested, they are clearing out their Ansuz inventory at clearance prices.

  38. #1238
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New York City Metro Area
    Posts
    425

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by rwpollock View Post
    "I recently had a chat with Lars and you’ll be pleased to know that despite the Ansuz DTC Darkz no longer being in the catalog dealers can still special order them from Ansuz if they have demand. I’ve read you’ve been scooping them up from the market as they become available!"

    I recently purchased some from SORAsound in Chicago. If anyone is interested, they are clearing out their Ansuz inventory at clearance prices.
    Hope you enjoy them... yes, I have heard that the management team has made the strategic decision to become even more selective in choosing their retail partners. It seems there will be very few, following more of a boutique channel/model.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  39. #1239
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    14

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    It makes sense to have fewer dealers in a given area; that way they are not competing against each other. I can think of three or four dealers in the Chicago area

    - Robert

  40. #1240
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    14

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    In the FWIW category, I bought some Darkz cable lifters from SORAsound. They are DTCs while my earlier ones were Ds. The slot in the DTCs is larger than the on the Ds (I guess the newer cables are larger than the older ones) so keep that in mind if you have a choice.
    - Robert

  41. #1241
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New York City Metro Area
    Posts
    425

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by rwpollock View Post
    In the FWIW category, I bought some Darkz cable lifters from SORAsound. They are DTCs while my earlier ones were Ds. The slot in the DTCs is larger than the on the Ds (I guess the newer cables are larger than the older ones) so keep that in mind if you have a choice.
    - Robert
    Enjoy them and congrats. Indeed the newer cables are more robust with more technology and innovation in them such as AARC, DGC, DIHC, NSC. More details on the website. Enjoy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •