802 d3 - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 802 d3

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 802 d3

They look stunning. I'm sure they sound... like B&W's. ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    They look stunning. I'm sure they sound... like B&W's. ..
    You would be accurate on that one. We didn't have a pair of 802d2's on hand for an A-B comparison but the basic character of B&W speakers has not been discarded for the new model. I would consider this an evolution rather than a revolution. Personally, I liked the older models, such as the 801's with the big woofer and the metal dome tweeter. I've never been able to get excited about the diamond tweeter, it sounds kind of dead to me.
    Focal Scala V2, Accuphase DP-550, Avid Volvere, SME 309, Benz-Micro Reference Copper S, Accuphase C-37 phono pre, Tara Labs 0.8, Accuphase A-70, Accuphase C-2420 preamp

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLet View Post
    Then I'm done…...
    Mark

REL S2 Subwoofers
    Lumin A1 Network Streamer
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Klaudio Ultrasonic record cleaner
    Kimber Select 6063 speaker cables
    Kimber Select 1116 XLR IC's
    Shunyata Cobra Zi-tron,and Ansuz Ceramic power cords,
    Ansuz Mainz D8 power distributer

4. Thanks BruceLet thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    Joe and I tell each other that we are done….all the time. Sometimes, we even believe it.

6. Likes MDP, kzhtoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Geez.... no love for B&W here !
    Someone posted on AGon that these are the best B&W speakers he ever heard. They look great, THAT I can say for sure.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Someone posted on AGon that these are the best B&W speakers he ever heard. They look great, THAT I can say for sure.
    I have to agree with Him. ;-)
    Marcin

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to hear these. The looks are growing on me - fast. And I still remember my 801F's very fondly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I can't wait to hear these. The looks are growing on me - fast. And I still remember my 801F's very fondly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really like the looks too. It's just that the sound didn't blow me away. I would wait for the Sopra 3. : )
    Focal Scala V2, Accuphase DP-550, Avid Volvere, SME 309, Benz-Micro Reference Copper S, Accuphase C-37 phono pre, Tara Labs 0.8, Accuphase A-70, Accuphase C-2420 preamp

11. Likes kzhtoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got to see and hear them last week. The bookshelf and the 803 floor standing speaker. Both were great with a very open mid range. The top end had a vibrancy and energy to it that was very impressive. My only criticism was that I found female vocals slightly sibilant. It was hooked up to Classe electronics.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hiro100 View Post
    I got to see and hear them last week. The bookshelf and the 803 floor standing speaker. Both were great with a very open mid range. The top end had a vibrancy and energy to it that was very impressive. My only criticism was that I found female vocals slightly sibilant. It was hooked up to Classe electronics.
    I am very sensitive to sibilance. Any hint and I'd be out. Thank you for your thoughts.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2, Pass Labs XA25.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast