Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7

    New Aurender N150 and N200

    Hello all,

    Does anyone have experience of information about either the new Aurender N150 or N200 music servers?

    Information / reviews on them are scarce, but they both look interesting. I'm currently using an N100h.

    Any thoughts or information about either unit would be appreciated.

    Best,

    David

  2. #2
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    28,144

    Re: New Aurender N150 and N200

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMcCallum View Post
    Hello all,

    Does anyone have experience of information about either the new Aurender N150 or N200 music servers?

    Information / reviews on them are scarce, but they both look interesting. I'm currently using an N100h.

    Any thoughts or information about either unit would be appreciated.

    Best,

    David
    Hi David - we have the N200 in the store and love it. It’s better than the N10 and gets you within view of the N20 sonically, but it’s not an N20.

    N150 is basically the new and improved N100H. Better than the N100, but not N200 level.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Bakoon Audio, Berkeley Audio Design, Block Audio, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Franco Serblin Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Koetsu Cartridges, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, Vivid Audio Loudspeakers, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    928

    Re: New Aurender N150 and N200

    Mike how close is the N200 to the N20? Trying to get Rich to upgrade his N100H.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hi David - we have the N200 in the store and love it. It’s better than the N10 and gets you within view of the N20 sonically, but it’s not an N20.

    N150 is basically the new and improved N100H. Better than the N100, but not N200 level.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Marty

  4. #4
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    28,144

    Re: New Aurender N150 and N200

    Quote Originally Posted by nc42acc View Post
    Mike how close is the N200 to the N20? Trying to get Rich to upgrade his N100H.
    80%. N200 is crazy good. I love it’s size and screen and sound! We use it in our MBL REF system….it’s that good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Bakoon Audio, Berkeley Audio Design, Block Audio, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Franco Serblin Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Koetsu Cartridges, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, Vivid Audio Loudspeakers, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    10

    Re: New Aurender N150 and N200

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMcCallum View Post
    Hello all,

    Does anyone have experience of information about either the new Aurender N150 or N200 music servers?

    Information / reviews on them are scarce, but they both look interesting. I'm currently using an N100h.

    Any thoughts or information about either unit would be appreciated.

    Best,

    David
    Until 2 weeks ago I was using an Aurender N100H in my hifi set set and upgraded to the N200. I would say to demo the unit first on your own set at home if possible (that is what I did). At first I was a bit surprised about the somewhat different sound characteristic of the new N200. After a while I started to realise that is a part of the reason why I liked the N100H as is it’s sound is somewhat coloured to sound a more cosy and smooth which worked nicely on my ATC SCM11’s (which were relatively honest to its source). Now with the N200 the sound is considerable less coloured than the N100 which took me a while to get used to. However, the N200 sounds is considerable improved upon the N100 having better timing and drive, sounds much cleaner and increased ease sort of speak. Also, there is an increased level of detail without falling in the common trap of being to analythical.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    928

    Re: New Aurender N150 and N200

    It took some adjustment but you worked it out. So much more detail retrieval.

    Quote Originally Posted by scoc View Post
    Until 2 weeks ago I was using an Aurender N100H in my hifi set set and upgraded to the N200. I would say to demo the unit first on your own set at home if possible (that is what I did). At first I was a bit surprised about the somewhat different sound characteristic of the new N200. After a while I started to realise that is a part of the reason why I liked the N100H as is it’s sound is somewhat coloured to sound a more cosy and smooth which worked nicely on my ATC SCM11’s (which were relatively honest to its source). Now with the N200 the sound is considerable less coloured than the N100 which took me a while to get used to. However, the N200 sounds is considerable improved upon the N100 having better timing and drive, sounds much cleaner and increased ease sort of speak. Also, there is an increased level of detail without falling in the common trap of being to analythical.
    Marty

  7. #7

    Re: New Aurender N150 and N200

    Just ordered an N200. Looking very forward to getting it.
    Kevin

    VPI Aries 3/Lyra Skala/RSA XR10B, and Aurender N200 > PS Audio DS DAC. PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium preamp and HP mono amps. Sonus Faber Elipsa SE speakers. PS Audio P5 and P10. Transparent Audio, Cardas and Audioquest cables.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    785

    Re: New Aurender N150 and N200

    Congrats. Aurender is very good.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4N6 View Post
    Just ordered an N200. Looking very forward to getting it.
    Sincerely,

    Calvin

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7

    Re: New Aurender N150 and N200

    I think the time has come to upgrade my N100h.

    The N200 looks very nice but I have little first hand experience with anything other than my own unit.

    I do like Aurender, and am drawn to complete music servers with built in storage and playback capability, rather than streamers that require connection to other devices to access music. However, I do find myself using Tidal more than more own music library, and from what exposure I've had, I feel that Roon is a superior search engine and interface than Aurender's Conductor app. For pure build and performance quality though, Aurender seems to be among the best.

    Can anyone share comparison insights on other products in the price range of the N150 or N200? Lumin? Innuos? Bryston?

    My order of priority for features would be: Function and ease of use; reliability; sound quality; build quality; search features and engine; resale value. I use a Chord TT2 so I don't need a built in DAC.

    I may have answered my own questions but I'm curious to take in other peoples perspectives.

    And lastly, how does one go about selling a music server? I'm in Canada so would probably list it on CAM. But is it common to wipe the music from the hard drive before selling it?

    Thank you,

    David

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    928

    Re: New Aurender N150 and N200

    David I can only give you my experiences. I went from a N100H - N10 - N20. Each progression was a large improvement with better resolution and overall sound quality. I felt that my Roon setup was equally as good as the N10 but the N20 surpassed it in every respect. I also really like the Roon interface but I think everything is a compromise in audio and am willing to compromise using the N20 over Roon for its sound quality merits. If you have the ability to home demo a N200 or a N20 this is the ultimate way to know if it is a match for you. Good luck with your search and please post your steps along the way.

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMcCallum View Post
    I think the time has come to upgrade my N100h.

    The N200 looks very nice but I have little first hand experience with anything other than my own unit.

    I do like Aurender, and am drawn to complete music servers with built in storage and playback capability, rather than streamers that require connection to other devices to access music. However, I do find myself using Tidal more than more own music library, and from what exposure I've had, I feel that Roon is a superior search engine and interface than Aurender's Conductor app. For pure build and performance quality though, Aurender seems to be among the best.

    Can anyone share comparison insights on other products in the price range of the N150 or N200? Lumin? Innuos? Bryston?

    My order of priority for features would be: Function and ease of use; reliability; sound quality; build quality; search features and engine; resale value. I use a Chord TT2 so I don't need a built in DAC.

    I may have answered my own questions but I'm curious to take in other peoples perspectives.

    And lastly, how does one go about selling a music server? I'm in Canada so would probably list it on CAM. But is it common to wipe the music from the hard drive before selling it?

    Thank you,

    David
    Marty

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Boston, MA USA
    Posts
    254

    Re: New Aurender N150 and N200

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMcCallum View Post
    Innuos?
    I know quite a few people who really believe in Innuous and really like the product. I don't need a ripper and would only use it in ethernet networked mode. I could borrow one to see if I hear something but I've not been all that motivated. I have a Roon Nucleus on my network. I do like the Roon UI, definitely. And it integrates well with Qobuz. which I've finally started using a bit.

    Those with usb dacs have an entirely different set of requirements vs me with a networked streamer/player.
    Sources: Naim ND555/555PS | Roon Nucleus | Naim Soltstice Special Edition turntable and phono stage
    Amplification: Naim 552/500DR
    Interconnects: Naim SuperLumina
    AC Power: Ansuz C2
    Speakers: Magico A3

  12. #12

    Re: New Aurender N150 and N200

    From those that have these terrific Aurender pieces, do they require any “break in period” to start sounding their best? If so, what is your experience for how long?
    Kevin

    VPI Aries 3/Lyra Skala/RSA XR10B, and Aurender N200 > PS Audio DS DAC. PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium preamp and HP mono amps. Sonus Faber Elipsa SE speakers. PS Audio P5 and P10. Transparent Audio, Cardas and Audioquest cables.

  13. #13
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    28,144

    Re: New Aurender N150 and N200

    Quote Originally Posted by 4N6 View Post
    From those that have these terrific Aurender pieces, do they require any “break in period” to start sounding their best? If so, what is your experience for how long?
    About 100-200 hours to be fully broken in. Just leave it on and on repeat.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Bakoon Audio, Berkeley Audio Design, Block Audio, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Franco Serblin Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Koetsu Cartridges, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, Vivid Audio Loudspeakers, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  14. #14

    Re: New Aurender N150 and N200

    After break in…the N200 rocks.
    Kevin

    VPI Aries 3/Lyra Skala/RSA XR10B, and Aurender N200 > PS Audio DS DAC. PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium preamp and HP mono amps. Sonus Faber Elipsa SE speakers. PS Audio P5 and P10. Transparent Audio, Cardas and Audioquest cables.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

New Aurender N150 and N200

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •