PDA

View Full Version : how do your magico's sit?

drabbish
June 4, 2016, 10:18 PM
i just got my S3's and been :celebrate008_2:, however i did notice even with the spikes on the lowest setting the tweeter is still higher than my ear. I'm like at the mid's level. so should i just take the spikes off? or leave them be?

Mike
June 4, 2016, 10:21 PM
i just got my S3's and been :celebrate008_2:, however i did notice even with the spikes on the lowest setting the tweeter is still higher than my ear. I'm like at the mid's level. so should i just take the spikes off? or leave them be?

Yeah!! Congrats. How low is your chair?

I would try sitting on a pillow or two just to see if you notice a big difference. I would be thinking taller chair before removing the spikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drabbish
June 4, 2016, 10:27 PM
my couch is like a 1.5 feet off the ground, personally I'm fine with it but I always read the hear and tweeter should be approx. them same

Kuoppis
June 5, 2016, 04:47 AM
Congrats for the S3s, a great speaker.

In my setup I do not hear any difference whether sitting lower or higher. It might also be they are less sensitive to that effect in my case, as I have acousticed my room quite well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cjf
June 8, 2016, 09:06 PM
O'My..taking the Spikes off the Magico would be a true sin :D

I have mine spiked directly to the floor and used a bubble level to get them evened out. Like the previous poster I too find that the S3 is not very picky about seated height (within reason).

This is the first speaker I have owned which actually has a flat top which is a very under rated bonus IMO. Little things like this that help to perfect the final positioning of the speaker goes a long way towards getting your money's worth out of it.

drabbish
June 9, 2016, 01:21 PM
I've been fine with the height so for, the positioning till getting tweaked. It is a little pain in the rear to make adjustments when speakers are so heavy