PDA

View Full Version : Any one use the Stillpoints under your Lampi?

Paul
March 19, 2016, 08:57 PM
Just curious to know any one has experience with Stillpoints under the Lampi ? If so, how you like them together ? Or any isolation footers for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul
March 19, 2016, 10:40 PM
Anybody ?

Odyssey
March 20, 2016, 01:51 AM
I have not used SP's under the Lumin because a lack of headroom in the rack.

I am using SP Ultra 6's under the Lampi Big 7 w what I think are favorable results.

Paul
March 20, 2016, 01:55 AM
Thanks for input Le Roy. I guess I know what's my next step would be :)

La Dolce Vita
March 27, 2016, 06:26 PM
Just curious to know any one has experience with Stillpoints under the Lampi ? If so, how you like them together ? Or any isolation footers for that matter.

Hi! Yes...I have 3 Stillpoints Ultra 6 on an HRS isolation base in the HRS rack. A friend and I repeatedly added and removed the Ultra 6's from under my Golden Gate. The difference is astounding. It's as if everything becomes so dynamic and palpable with the Ultra 6 under the Golden Gate. While the Lampi sounds great without them after hearing it with them in place it sounds flat without them now. Hope this helps...

Andy

Mike
March 27, 2016, 07:06 PM
Yes. Ultra SS's. I will try Ultra 5's and 6's too.

jdandy
March 27, 2016, 08:54 PM
I replaced four Symposium Rollerblock Jr's under my Esoteric K-03 with four Stillpoints Ultra Mini's. I did not think I would hear an improvement over the Rollerblock's but I certainly did. The dimensionality of the soundstage, both front to back and side to side, took on a clearer focus. The individual musician's locations were more accurately defined, more perceptible. Stillpoints are the real deal. Priced like it, too.

Paul
March 27, 2016, 09:05 PM
Dan...I can easily say the Stillpoint would help on your Esoteric. ( due to moving mechanism ) Howver there are no moving part on Lampi DAC wondering how much would help in this case would be my question ...

jdandy
March 27, 2016, 10:28 PM
Paul.......I use the Esoteric K-03 as a DAC about 90% of the time. Nothing is moving inside during those listening sessions. Although I am certain the Stillpoints benefit playback of discs in the K-03, they also improve performance as a DAC only playback component with my music server and via USB with high-res files on my laptop as sources.